Builtmore Granite & Cabinetry

Founded 2008 • With Angi since November 2010

3.6

At Builtmore, we are concscientous company that specializes in granite fabrication and kitchen/bath remodeling. We use no subcontracters, every one who arrives at your house is employed by Builtmore, allowing us to maintain high standards for both the fabrication and the installation of your granite counter top. We do complete kitchen and bath remodeling using one of the most recognizable names in the cabinet industry, Wellborn. With over 50 years combined experience in the kitchen and bath remodeling industry, you can be assured that your project will be done correctly,on time, on budget, and will provide a unique look for your home....

Halpin Plumbing Inc

Since 1951, Halpin Plumbing has been providing Plumbing Experts to the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region. Our many skilled plumbers have been providing services in an around the city of Cincinnati for over 60 years. No plumbing problem is too big or small, but just a phone call away. Additional email - Skylar@halpinplumbing.com

JT Contracting of Northern Kentucky

Additional DBA - G & J Painting.

Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing Heating Air

For 88 years, we have served the heating, air conditioning and plumbing needs of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We are one of the oldest continuously operating service firms in the area. Our owner is Kris Knochelmann, who's family has been in the business for over 40 years. Our staff of experienced, licensed, NATE certified technicians are able to offer fair pricing, quality workmanship, and unique testing of your heating and air conditioning system. Ask about our lifetime warranty. It could be the last furnace or air conditioner you ever buy. Experience award winning service, where we treat you like family.

Offers by Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing Heating Air  on Angi

01/25/2018

This firm started out good, however, did not meet deadlines for install, cut the granite wrong and had to redo the granite, did not communicate, were not completely truthful in their communications and damaged new kitchen cabinets during the install.

Description of Work
New kitchen granite as part of an overall remodel.

10/27/2014

Purchased the granite countertop end of June and scheduled replacement for after July 4th. The company truck needed repairs so schedule moved back to July 15th. Removed old countertop/backsplash/ sink / faucet on 9/15. Template made. New countertop installed 9/17. ( 2-3 days needed to finish product) We had to fix/repaint a couple spots on the wall from the removal process and had to hook up the faucet and redo some of the pipe which took a couple days. The granite is beautiful. I recently purchased a piece of granite for the top of a table and had them cut a piece of marble to size. Looks great. Job well done.

Description of Work
Kitchen granite countertop

Category countertops,plumbing,marble & granite

08/16/2014

We purchased granite for our kitchen and our bathroom. Both installations were terrible and have pursued legal action to get our money back. Issues in a nutshell are around the poor workman ship of cutting the kitchen and bath granite and not polishing where seams are (think jagged edges!), placing kitchen seam in the wrong place, and shower/tub surround granite not having any pitch to prevent standing water. The workers they sent to do the installation spoke very limited English and when we asked the owners to come and look at the job so we could talk about fixing, they sent the same limited English workers again. After not having our phone calls returned by the owners/management, we went there in person where they proceed to argue and make excuses to us. Completely unwilling to make any mistakes right. STAY AWAY. If they make a mistake, you will be out the money you invested!

Description of Work
Terrible installation and unwillingness to make to correct

Category marble & granite

...and how did this customer find us? We came highly recommended from their friends, that we have completed at least 3 successful granite/ quartz kitchen counter top jobs for. We always send at least one installer who's fluent in English, so if there was an inability to communicate, it wasn't because our guys don't speak or understand English. The tub surround was constructed from remnant granite material, so seam placement was done based on the size limitations of piece that they hand selected. When we dispatched trained, experienced, techs to their job site to try and accommodate their wishes, they were refused entry by the contractor who is actually a videographer by trade. Now the customer threatens to sue us, and to leave bad reviews about us online if we don't purchase another new slab and remake his tub surround and kitchen counter top also. Sorry, we won't be held hostage like that.....

02/04/2014

Carl and his team are great people to work with. We took quite a while to make a choice. He was very patient and helpful. We have had many compliments on the new granite we had installed. We are extremely pleased.

Category marble & granite

01/31/2014

The granite that I got was nice but not what I ordered. I ordered Santa Cecilia and realize that it varies in shades but I went and actually picked the piece out. I wanted the darker flecks to be more burgundy than brown, however I got brown no burgundy. I wrote a check for my purchase wish i would have paid with a credit card so I could contest the charge. My husband picked the piece up if I had been with him would have told him it was wrong. If you read the other reviews this is not the first time that a customer ordered a certain piece but got something different. If I was dealing with this company I would take pictures before and after the cuts or you may not get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Bathroom Granite vanity

Category countertops

The piece of granite [removed members name] received is the one she picked out. The stone left over after we made her top is still here and clearly marked with her name on it. We have at least 10 remnants of Santa Cecilia, why would we not use the one she had picked? Her husband picked up the top, even made a return trip to modify an end splash and said nothing. Why wouldn't you call us when you got it home if it was wrong? Makes no sense....you got the top you paid for, I am sorry you are now dissatisfied with the color.

06/18/2013

The provider stepped in where another provider failed to deliver. Within seven business days of taking over the project they installed approximately 51 square feet of Silestone quartz countertops in my daughters condominium kitchen. She had been without a kitchen sink for ten days. They fixed their measurement errors and ended the project on a happy note. Haste in getting the project moving caused the errors. The residence belonged to my daughter but I was responsible for the project.

Description of Work
Installed quartz kitchen countertops.

02/26/2013

I have thought long and hard how to write this review as several months ago I purchased a remnant piece of granite from Builtmore and had a different experience but it was also a different type of job. First Project: B Cutting a piece of granite to lay on top of a piece of furniture. I considered that a B experience and was willing to use them again for my next project. The reason for the B--good price, nice remnant, but Carl is not always around and the woman who handles the front office is a bit hard for me to understand. In addition since it is a small shop it is difficult to coordinate a time to have someone help load the piece. There was no installation and measuring was my responsibility. Current Project--Bathroom Vanity: Grade C- My husband gives them a D, but I think a C- is an accurate assessment I was also looking for a remnant for this project and found a nice piece at Builtmore and for a good price. But, boy did I pay in terms of aggravation and a below average installation. Carl was pleasant while choosing the piece and was pleasant and prompt when coming out to measure. After that it went downhill. The installers (Norm and Jose) came on a Saturday and were friendly, but incompetent. (Originally they were scheduled on Friday but didn't show-- after I called, Carl said they had been held up by another job due to bad weather.) The installers/fabrication left a 1/4 inch gap between the wall and counter. To compensate they squeezed in silicone under the side splash and between the countertop and wall and then put some kind of black material over it and rubbed it around. So instead of a nice smooth edge it was gloppy and the black was matte vs. shiny which did not begin to look natural with the other color of the granite in that section. There was also a rough area measuring about 3 inches on the edge of the back splash and a natural inclusion of some size on the top of the vanity. They also left silicone caulk on the wall and countertop which I had to clean off. The installers told me there was nothing that could be done about those issues. They blamed the gap on the fact that the wall wasn't square. How many are? A good installer knows how to compensate for that type of common issue. I contacted Carl Saturday afternoon, but did not receive a return call. I then e-mailed him with photos and my concerns. On Monday, still no return phone call or e-mail. I contacted the office and was told that Carl was out on Mondays but knew my concerns. Really? I believe that when the owner knows of a problem or customer dissastisfaction a call is made promptly with a promise of a remedy. The customer shouldn't have to chase the business owner for a solution. Without giving all the frustrating details it took many calls, all but one initiated by me, to get someone back to try and remedy the problem as best as possible. Carl never did come out to look. I was clear that I wanted an experienced installer not the same two who had come the first time. The following Saturday Jose and another young man came out. The new guy claimed to have several years of experience and stated that he was new to Builtmore. He was candid in his opinion and said that the install wasn't very good. He was able to smooth out the backsplash and was able to improve the look of the gap with a granite filler and touch up with some different color of epoxy? He said that the wrong type of caulk had been used at the wall and that I would have to put a small bead of latex silicone caulk over the top so I could paint the walls. When I commented that the fill area still was matte vs. glossy I was told that I could use some WD-40 on the area when company came over to make it look shiny. I found that interesting since I would like it to look good all the time, not just when company comes over! The inclusion-- I was told I could fill it with some Superglue and then scrape off the excess. Initially he filled it with something that looked like a glob of cream-colored gum. I just wanted something clear. I know there is a product to address that issue as friends/family members told me it has been used on their countertops. Carl never did call to see if I was satisfied with the job; nor did he offer any reimbursement for the poor workmanship, etc. Bottom LIne: Although I might use them again for a cut piece, no installation; I will not use them for an install project. nor would I recommend them for such a project.

Description of Work
A new granite countertop was installed in the bathroom.

Category countertops,marble & granite

This customer wanted a full service deal @ remnant pricing. The customer was told with remnant sales that they are to provide the measurements/templating and we would fabricate the top, at a highly discounted rate. We delivered and installed both these tops (upstairs) without any additional charges. While we did miss the second installation time, it was because we had lost a half day of installations due to weather and had to back up some installs. Other, much larger projects wer inconvenienced as well, not just this vanity install.... There is always someone in the showroom on a day I have off to spend with my family....and calls to me personally are returned on Tuesday when I get back. We made every attempt to make right the issues she brought forward, she made three purchases from us ( how bad of an experience could it have been?) and then months later we still get a negative review.

10/15/2012

They did a fantastic job...the end result being that we now have beautiful granite counter tops in our kitchen. This whole process started with us visiting their store and talking with Carl. Carl was a pleasure to work with...he answered all our questions, of which I had a lot, very patiently. Carl explained how the process of replacing our counter tops would work, from the selection of the granite we wanted, weather we wanted a back splash to the choices we had for edge finishes and so on. He also explained what options we had concerning the removal of the existing counter tops and the plumbing work. We decided, for a fee, that we would have their company do the removal and haul away as well as the plumbing...I thought the prices were reasonable . Once we found the granite type/color we liked, we proceeded with scheduling when they would come out to remove the existing counter top, take detail measurements and when they would install the new granite. We scheduled to have the removal done on a Tuesday and to install the new granite tops on Friday. They followed the schedule we had set up with Carl exactly. The workmen were very professional, cleaned up afterwards and always willing to answer any questions we had. A great group of people to work with. We are very, very satisfied with the end results. We had a certain amount of anxiety going into this, but Carl made the whole process enjoyable and stress free for us...thank you Carl.

Description of Work
Replaced our existing formica kitchen counter tops with granite counter tops. They removed the old counter tops and hauled them away. They also did all the plumbing working, hooking up a new facet and garbage disposal.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,plumbing,marble & granite

08/16/2012

The tear out went well with the exception that the wet bar sink was leaking and I didn't discover it until the next day,after it penetrated the flooring in and into the basement. I had to call a plumber because the shut off valve would not turn it off. Builtmore assured me that it was not leaking when they left, but I was a little sceptical about that. They installed the new countertops and they look really great in the kitchen. The plumber installed the sink and the faucets, but after he left,the water didn't work. I contacted him and it turned out to be very simple (he had not turned the water back on) and I was able to do that with no problem. The wet bar didn't go so well. I was told that I could re-use the stainless steel sink that was there, so I planned to do that. When they installed the granite, the sink wouldn't lay flat on the granite (it had layed completely flat on the old countertops). I thought the sink had been damaged/bent when it was removed since it was fine before. The installers suggested that I run out and purchase a new sink as a new one would lay flat against the granite. I went and did that, and when they put the new sink in, it was exactly the same problem. I thought that perhaps the hole for the sink wasn't large enough, causing it to not lay flush, but they insisted it was the sink. They could think of no way to resolve the problem other than for me to find something very heavy to force the sink in. They ended up caulking the sink, filling the wide gaps with silicone caulk. I'm not satisfied with it. The plumber then came out to hook up the new sink (after he had cancelled an appointment with virtually no notice the day before) and after he left, it was leaking again. He came back again a few days later and said that he could not fix it, that there was something wrong with the (brand new) faucet. I wanted to put the old faucet back in, but they had taken the bar sink and faucets (without my knowledge). So I turned off the water and haven't used the bar sink since. I have to have a plumber come out, disconnect it, put in new faucets, and reconnect it. As it turns out, I didn't need a new sink and faucets, but I could not pull it out and return it becuase the old sink was gone. No one ever called to check back with me to see if I was satisified or if their plumber was able to finish the job properly. I found that to be quite disturbing as they knew I had had some problems with the bar sink and plumbing, I expected a call based upon the amount of money I spent and the fact that there were a couple of glitches. Quite honestly, I did not want to spend any more of my time, so I didn't call them either.

Description of Work
Tear out old countertops and sink in kitchen and replace with new granite countertops and sink; tear out old countertops in family room wet bar and replace with granite.

Category countertops

Our plumber is always a licensed plumber in the state of Ohio, and qualified to do this work. After this review, we have replaced this particular plumber and haven't had plumbing issues since. Whenever trying to reuse a (very) old sink/faucett combination, we have found that a certain percentage of them just dont work well after being removed and reinstalled and this was one of those cases. We did respond, and had the plumber back out there to get everything working for the customer. The guys worked har getting this top in because the pieces were so large to minimize seams at the customers request. The top fit well and looked great.We disposed of the old counter tops and plumbing per customers request.

04/22/2012

The cabinet between the stove and fridge was not accurately measured and was placed so close to the stove that the oven door would not open. The dishwasher was improperly installed. The tile floor was improperly installed. The grout began to crumble and a 12"x12" tile cracked within weeks of install. I refused to submit the final payment prior to the above mentioned corrections being made, and Builtmore refused to correct their mistakes. I have spent hundreds more than the balance due because of the extremely poor quality of materials and workmanship. I would never consider using them again and would most definitely never recommend this company to a friend or foe.

Description of Work
Contracted to install kitchen cabinets, granite countertops and tile flooring. .

Category countertops,flooring contractor

This report was submitted over a year after completion of the project. Builtmore did two apartments for this customer, one of which went without any issues, the other is fairly accuately described above. The issues described were fairly minor, yes the installer set a cabinet too close to the range which was easily moved to accomodate the range. The floor issue with the grout was as much an issue with the building, which was very old, as it was with the installation. Once again, an easily repaired issue........However... after returning to the jobsite repeatedly and performing services not contracted for (electric, plumbing), we could no longer justify sending workers there without compensation. This was an old house with lots of issues, many not within the scope of work that was contracted for.......

Granite, marble, kitchen countertops, kitchen islands, peninsulas, bathroom vanity tops, shower stalls, tub surrounds,tabletops, fireplace surround, conference tables, reception, desktop, countertops, credenzas, lobby, interior walls, flooring & inlays.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover