Bret's Carpentry Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since May 2010

Bret’s Carpentry Inc. has been serving the Cincinnati area with the finest quality woodwork for the more than twenty years. We serve production homes, custom home builders, and existing home owners. Our cabinet shop has 40+ years of combined experience in fine woodworking. We have a positive reputation for craftsmanship, quality and customer service. Come check us out on Facebook! For up to date events and discounts....

Against the grain custom creations

Decks and porches. We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate!

AM Smith Construction LLC

We are a general service company, we can service your needs in everything from changing a light bulb to building a garage! great quality work and very courteous and professional team. we can help communicate and guide you through getting your project done efficiently and as cost effective as possible.

Fencinnati

We are a family operated business located here in Cincinnati. With 20 years of experience we specialize in a variety of deck and fence construction and repair. We take care of all your deck and fence needs. From simple repairs to new construction we have you covered.

09/05/2017

We love the new built-ins. Craftsmanship is quite good and the installation team was a pleasure to work with. However it took much longer than original expectations. Bret did the original visit and proposal in August. Offered nice design suggestions. Contract signed / deposit Sep 8. Expectation set as 8 weeks to complete. Actual completion Jan 15. Firm did not communicate progress when the origina...

Description of Work
Manufacture and install new built in bookshelves, mantel, cabinets

02/03/2017

I used Bret's carpentry for install of crown moldings on my main floor and it went very well. Then, last year they came out to look at my basement and provide me with quotes for stairway remodeling, custom bar installation and more. I did let them know that it would be several months before I was ready to move forward- other items needed to be completed first. January 16th I advised them I was rea...

Description of Work
Build of new basement stairs railing system, crown molding install, custom bar build and conversion of an existing paneled wall to a flat wall to accommodate an entertainment unit.

Category custom cabinets,remodeling,woodworking

09/09/2016

Bret stopped in to review our project. We wanted a mantel installed. He was prompt and friendly during the initial meeting. However, he promised us a quote which we never received and he has not responded to our messages or voicemails.

Description of Work
They visited one time and then we never heard from him again despite our repeated attempts to contact them.

09/06/2016

All projects completed with great results.

Description of Work
Multiple projects over the past few years (cabinets, elevator interior, bar, etc..

Category custom cabinets,woodworking

01/21/2015

Initial contact was responsive and prompt. FREE estimate was offered after work was reviewed and measured. Follow-up, detailed estimate was sent via email. This was considered a very fair price for the work to be done. Contact was later made by the craftsman who would be performing the work. An agreed upon time and date was established within one week of contact. Craftsman showed up as promised re...

Description of Work
The provider did carpentry finish work on two full-sized, unsealed bay windows with seats.

Category woodworking

Thank you (Member name removed) for your wonderful review! We're very happy that you're pleased with our work!

09/23/2014

Excellent craftmanship. A little high on the price to paint it, so we painted it ourselves

Description of Work
Made a custom mud locker.

Category woodworker

09/10/2014

I found the advertisement & had husband call & tell Chris what we needed. A worker came and did all the work well. He left a bill. The dog liked him.

Description of Work
Fixed sagging doors with weatherstripping, adjusting storm door & tried to replace hinges on another door (out of date).

Category door installer

09/02/2014

We did not end up using him because we did not do the project but he was really good. I got the quote pretty much the day after I contacted him so he was on time. It was a lot of work that he was going to do and he was very professional. He provided me with a lot of great ideas. I would definitely recommend him to other members. He was less expensive than the other companies that we had quote the job and he brought a book out to show me everything that he has done. We had some ideas and he gave us some ideas, so he was very collaborative. He was very responsive. He called me right back and scheduled the appointment. He showed up on time when he said that he was going to be there. He was also very personable.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Bret's Carpentry Inc. last year for doing a bunch of stuff like trim work, crown moldings, the decorative moldings on the walls because it got wet, building an exposed beam in our ceiling and everything else.

Category woodworker

07/03/2014

He was very nice and showed up when he was supposed to. Compared to some other companies that I call, he seems to be more knowledgeable and willing to do it. You can actually buy the crown moulding from them and a lot of places are willing to install it. I bought it along with my actual cabinet, so when you had it, there was no taking it back some one of it not exactly. Actually, I do not think that there was anything they put it on gutter. They did a good job.

Description of Work
I went with Bret's Carpentry Inc. They installed my crown moulding in my kitchen cabinets.

Category custom cabinet maker","room remodeling","woodworker","home remodeling contractor

06/16/2014

Installed on time and very professional and courteous. Very happy with workmanship.

Description of Work
Installed new cabinetry I and bookshelves in family room

Category custom cabinet maker","woodworker

Cabinetry, inside trim, additions, kitchen & bathroom remodeling.