Biehl Brothers Contracting

Founded 2003 • With Angi since January 2011

5647 Cheviot Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45247

Biehl Brothers Contracting offers full service custom remodeling for your home or business. We are family owned, Christian operated, and have been rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau for the last four years. We are in the top 2% of our trade group with the Better Business Bureau....

04/19/2017

Holly C.

Great! We are so happy with the outcome. Doug and Matthew were here every day working on the house. Chase checked in multiple times a week to make sure everything was going well.

Description of Work
At the end of the day the pipes leading from the bathroom needed to be replaced. This included new pipes and a new bathroom floor. Had to reconstruct walls and add the new floor. While doing this also replaced the kitchen floor with the same type of tile used in the bathroom. Replaced shower head and all other fixtures. Replaced toilet and bathroom sink.

Category drywall, plumbing, home remodeling

10/01/2015

Barbara C.

The first day wasn't the best due to measurement errors, but the 2nd day turned out to be fantastic. The same guy returned, and he was very efficient in his duties and kept the area he was working in clean. He was polite and professional and clean up after himself inside and outside the house with all the wood work that he was doing. I did not have to do anything when he left, except have a smile on my face. I would definitely feel confident in contacting them again for any other home repairs that I may need. Barbara Campbell

Description of Work
Replaced/installed a new door and door jam.. with door trim...

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, doors

06/21/2015

Allan F.

Provided a detailed quote in advance so we new exactly what the cost would be. They worked with us so we stayed within our budget. Biehl Brothers made sure to cover all floors and carpet while the work was in progress and did a thorough clean up at the end of each day. They were very professional and polite and the quality of the work was superb. They arrived each day at the time they said they would and even though both of us work from home we were never disturbed. They completed the job on time and always made sure we were happy with the work being done throughout the project. The owners of the company stopped by several times to make sure the job was being done right and on time. I would recommend them to anyone looking to do any level of remodeling in their home.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of our second bathroom. Installed porcelain tile in tub/shower area, new toilet, installed air jet tub, new vanity/sink, quartz counter, linen closet, new tile floor and painted remaining walls. Took care of all the other details involved in finishing the room.

Category countertops, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

05/28/2015

tom K.

Garage was started when the weather started turing very bad, Biehl Bros were here almost every day. Only problems encountered were delays caused by suppliers not having correct materials.

Description of Work
Build a deteched garage

05/15/2015

Elyse L.

The company did a lot of work helping us prepare our previous home for sale, mostly plaster and drywall. When we discovered a leak in the base of the shower off the master bathroom we called them. They advised us on the best options for the replacement, did the work quickly and cleanly. As with the previous work they were willing to discuss details and answer all questions so we were satisfied that the plan was the best option for the price.

Description of Work
Replace leaky shower.

Category contractors, plastering, plumbing

01/21/2015

Daniel M.

Biehl Brothers did great job. Their price was competitive and their work was what we asked them to do. The new bathroom looks great and we are happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category contractors, remodeling, home remodeling

10/08/2014

Phil C.

I'm in a position where I'm always being asked for referrals. I will not recommend Biehl Brothers. In fact, I'll tell people to go elsewhere.

Description of Work
I contacted them for an exterior paint trim job. It took forever for them to reply. Once they did, I was able to get them out to do an estimate, which was skyrocket high. They emailed me their quote about 10 days later (aprx a week later than I was told I'd have it). I replied via email that I could not afford the total quote, and asked if they could do part of the job and for a revised quote. They never replied or responded to my call (and one text). This is poor customer service and doesn't represent well what Angie's List stands for.

08/10/2014

Cynthia T.

EXCELLENT! Biehl brothers did a wonderful job! Extremely professional and very friendly to work with. Looking forward to calling them next year to hopefully get my kitchen updated!

Description of Work
Outside house trim and stucco repairs and whole house repainted

Category contractors, stucco, house painters

07/30/2014

kenneth A.

He wasn't very responsive and took about 2-3 days to call me back. When I called him back, he took another 2-3 days to call me back again. When we did talk he asked me the budget right up front which I didnt appreciate. On top of that he couldn't even get to me until August 11th and that was just to look at the job.

Description of Work
I was going to hire them to repair a set of interior stairs.

Category handyman service

06/20/2014

Terri F.

He came and he verbally said that the cost would be about $1200 and then he sent me an email saying that it would be $1900 and so I sent him an email back saying I'm confused about whey this is higher than he had said verbally and I never heard back from him. Otherwise, he was a very nice man and seemed to really know his stuff. He was very professional, very helpful, took his time and answered all of my questions.

Description of Work
Came for kitchen remodeling.

Category home remodeling

04/22/2014

glen S.

We chose not to do the construction at this time.

Description of Work
We met Shawn Dooley of Biehl Bros. at the Home & Garden Show and briefly shared with him what we were thinking doing at our home (replace driveway/walkway/stoop/awning with new concrete work and a front porch). After the Home & Garden Show, Ryan Biehl called and setup an appointment for he and Shawn to come to our home to see what we currently had, what we wanted and to discuss the different scenarios that might meet our needs. They were prompt, very professional -- yet down-to-earth, and had some really good ideas. They scheduled a concrete company to come and talk with us and an arborist to meet with us about a possible tree removal (both these companies had "A" ratings with both Angie's list and the BBB). Shaun kept in touch with us, making sure we knew what he was thinking and where he was at as far as finalizing the estimate. After receiving the estimate, we talked about it and decided that we just weren't in the right place to go ahead with the construction. We really felt a bit pulled because we knew they had put effort into the plan, we knew not only were they excellent in their work and how they related to us, but you knew each contractor they had working on this job would perform the same high calibre of work that Biehl Bros. provides their customers. We knew the work would be top-notch and meet all our expectations, but this just wasn't the right thing for us at this time. We definitely would not hesitate to recommend them to others and actually have shared with others how much we thought of what they had to offer.

01/28/2014

miranda T.

Amazing. The work went both better and faster than I expected. Biehl Brothers did an excellent job of working with the other contractors, or subcontractors, or whatever the lingo is, that were necessary to get the job done. They pulled all the permits and ensured final inspection. They kept us updated on progress almost daily. They worked weekends. They worked in the snow. They kept us on budget and gave us great finishing ideas that really pulled the project together for a great look but didn't make us go over budget. And the final cost, while steep as a whole, seems pretty in line with what I had researched. We had a price in mind before their estimate, and they met it but did not exceed it. Foundation work is just really expensive. As soon as we pay this bit of work off, we plan to have them back to redo out bathrooms.

Description of Work
Rebuilt our front porch, which was sagging due to foundation issues and causing our top floor to be in danger of falling. They worked closely with a structural engineer we had hired. They built a wooden support to hold up the house to that our 4 stone pillars could be removed. They also had to contact Duke Power to move some lines that were attached to the pillars. They then arranged for a stone company to demolish the pillars and then replace the base of the pillars. Then they rebuilt the pillars and the floor of our porch and replaced the porch rails. They leveled everything, which had shifted significantly due to settling, and jacked up the top floor a few inches to compensate for the deterioration over the years. They also worked in freezing cold temperatures with a smile.

11/18/2013

Shaut Sr F.

All I can say is that I would give them the top rating that I can possibly give them. They're a fantastic group. I would recommend them and use them in the future.

Description of Work
We have used Biehl Brothers Contracting. Last summer, they painted the outside of our home. This year, we used them for painting the inside as well as installing two shower stalls.

Category home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

10/26/2013

John K.

The basement was unfinished and is now a perfectly finished 550 square foot area. They installed a basement wall system, finished and painted the walls, installed a drop ceiling, installed electric and lighting. They opened the stairway and finished it with beautifully stained balusters and hand rail. They replaced our metal basement windows with new vinyl window and installed carpet. They are responsible, prompt, reasonable and extremely meticulous. I highly recommend their services. John Kirk

Description of Work
Biehl Brother completely finished a large area of our basement.

Category carpet installation, electrician, lighting, replacement windows, interior painters, basement remodeling

08/30/2013

Paul C.

They were very punctual and very professional. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. They had set a date that they would have the quote back to me and they met that date. They were very good.

Description of Work
We got a quote from Biehl Brothers Contracting to build a deck.

Category decks, deck cleaning

08/16/2013

Chris D.

It worked out fine. They're very personable. They seem really knowledgeable. The weather was our biggest problem because the rain kept stalling the project. The other issue with them was getting permits and everything.

Description of Work
I used the "Big Deal" that I purchased for the services of Biehl Brothers Contracting. They built a new deck, railings, birch columns and stairs, all using composite materials.

Category decks, remodeling

07/10/2013

KT K.

We had gotten an Angie's List big deal to have them do so many hours of work (can' remember the details). Chase came out to review the work that we needed to have done, estimate the time / labor & material costs, etc - he was very fast and professional. We scheduled to start, but then had to re-set the date partly due to a schedule change on our end, but also due to a job ahead of ours that was going longer than expected. Overall the work went pretty well, there were some days that the cleanup was not as thorough as I had expected based on what was promised, and when we raised that concern it was promptly addressed. There was a lot of dust from the work, and over 3 weeks with some days / weekends between it was kind of a pain... The only other thing that I was a bit disappointed with was that the paint we wanted to use for the bedroom had been already purchased - 2 gallons should have been enough, but they claimed we needed more... but last night when I was moving the leftover paint around, I discovered an entire full can of what we had purchased, plus a partial of what they had bought to supplement. The electrical work was more of an add-on (I didn't have time to do the work myself); it was a lot of back and forth and I don't know that it was really their specialty as they sub-contracted that with a different company (can't remember who). We probably will have them come back for an outside project, I am not sure if we would use them again inside the house.

Description of Work
Smoothed plaster walls in bedroom & hallway, then painted; hung a chandelier, fixed a fan light that was blinking, and patched a spot in our wood floor (unused air return vent).

Category drywall, electrician, plastering, interior painters

06/22/2013

Marcie M.

We could not ask for a better experience with Biehl Brothers. Communication and updates were daily during the job. They demonstrated a fantastic attention to detail and the quality of the workmanship was great. This was not a big job and it is a rental property but the work done to get the baseboard trim just right and to match the ceiling texture was noticed and greatly appreciated.

Description of Work
Repaired box leaky box gutter and re-sealed it, painted it. Repaired water damaged plaster walls in parts of two rooms (kitchen and bedroom) and ceilings.

Category contractors, drywall, house painters

06/04/2013

HARRY C.

They did a great job. The materials and workmanship were first class and they exhibited an extremely high level of professionalism and concern, always caring that each step in the process was done correctly and completely (no cutting of corners) The crews covered the floors of any hallways and stairs that they had to travel on in order to protect the carpeting and they were also concerned about removing the debris which resulted from the construction activity. "Thank you Biehl Brothers for projects well done"

Description of Work
They installed new flashing on the chimney, and built and installed a cricket between the roof and the chimney in order to help divert rain water away from the chimney. They also removed a wall in an upstairs bedroom where water had been leaking in due to the problem with the chimney. They replaced the wall and the boards which had been wet ( and moldy) with all new materials and installed new drywall and primer so that we could paint the wall as well as the rest of the room. They also installed a new floor in our daughter's bathroom. They worked on a smaller project which involved the removing of a small portion of several sliding closet doors and four entry doors so that they would be able to open and close over new carpeting that we had installed.

Category contractors, drywall, flooring contractor, chimney repair

05/29/2013

Bryan H.

In fall of 2012, we had Biehl Brothers replace our old deck staircase. This spring we had them refinish our deck as well as check out a couple of (what I thought were) small leaks. One leak in particular turned out to be much worse than any of us had anticipated (years worth of hidden water damage) and both Ryan and Chase came out to survey the damage. Being in bind like that could have led any contractor to jack their price up and delay the project - Biehl Brothers did nothing of the sort. The kept a guy at our house until the job was finished and had up to four people working at one time and did not hit me with any unnecessary costs. They did great work on the three jobs I had them do. Ryan communicated very well with me and came to my house three times during the week and half long project to make sure everything was going smooth. I would absolutely recommend them.

Description of Work
Built new deck stairs, refinished deck, interior leak determination and repair

Category decks, drywall, siding, water damage restoration, woodworking, house painters

05/06/2013

Cheryl M.

Due to lack of response by this vendor, decided to find someone who was looking for contractor work

Description of Work
After leaving 4 messages requesting they contact me about an estimate for work to be done AND NO RETURN PHONE CALL OR EMAIL RESPONSE, I decided they must have gone out of business or had too much work to do for their ability.

04/15/2013

Kate H.

I purchased a Big Deal from Biehl Brothers a couple of months ago and couldn't have been happier with Chase and Ryan's professionalism. They were prompt, courteous and spent quite a bit of time going over all the projects I had in my house. They then sent a detailed itemized project quote, and were more than happy to help me prioritize the projects I would have done so that it fit within the "Big Deal" budget ($1,500 for $2,200 worth of work). This meant that I had them do the parts of the project that were out of my realm, but I did painting and touch-up work, etc. Their estimate was higher, without the Big Deal, than other bidders I had reached out to, but with the deal it was right on par. I think it was a very good value. Their responsiveness and friendly crew made me feel I'd definitely chosen the right company to work with. I was a little nervous about having paid up front for the service, but they reached out to me on several occasions, and I never felt like I had to track them down. Also, the crew did an excellent job of keeping their work space clean and perfecting the work they did. They even demonstrated some techniques for me when I asked, so that I could learn something about the ceiling tile process they were doing. We have had a number of compliments on the work they did.

Description of Work
Biehl Brothers installed faux tin ceiling tiles in our foyer (tiles were made of foam, and very lightweight), put up crown molding in the foyer, installed chair rail going up our stairs, and poured a concrete step in our basement where an old wooden step had rotted.

Category contractors, concrete repair, drywall, woodworking

10/21/2012

Elaine B.

When looking for a contractor, especially for a large project such as mine, one has two priorities - you want a company that you can trust to be in your home when you are not and one that has a reputation for quality work. With Biehl Brothers you get both. Since we have two cats and my husband works from home, part of the time, we decided to move out during the renovation. There are not many people that I would walk away and leave all my worldly possessions at hand. The Biehl brothers respect your property as if it were their own. While we did come to the house every couple of days to pick up the mail, I was never concerned. If we ever needed to be at the house, they were very understanding and worked around my work schedule. Dates were provided for the project and it started and began on time. Their quality of their work is impeccable. Our next project, is to add a decking off of the back of the house that will also be used as a carport(our house is higher in the back that the front). I can't wait to call them back for this project as they are a joy to work with and truly appreciate the work that you give their company

Description of Work
Our small house was built in the 50's and the kitchen had very few cabinets and very little counter space. Baking is my passion. Ryan Biehl sat down with me and got to know me first, then together we designed a kitchen that would make me happy. The kitchen was completely gutted and replaced 14 cabinets were added, all new flooring, and massive amount of counter space. We also replaced out front and back doors. Our old doors were in bad shape but had storm doors that allowed us in the winter to put in glass inserts for energy purposes and screen inserts during the spring and fall so you can open the doors to let fresh air in. I wanted these for my new doors as well. Biehl Bros. found exactly what I wanted. Right before initially starting this job I lost my job. I called them and they were very understanding. They even took my resume and sent it out to all the companies and people they knew. Once I was again employed, I called them and the project was put on the schedule and they never missed a beat

Category contractors, countertops, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

10/01/2012

Shaut Sr F.

They were very considerate by keeping in touch about when they would arrive. They asked permission to use the restroom and to wash out their brushes. We left the house several times so they are trustworthy. I am very satisfied with the quality of their work and would definitely hie them again!

Description of Work
Painted siding, trim and storage shed with two coats

Category house painters

07/31/2012

Mitch L.

Perfect. They did exactly what they said, when they said, at the price they quoted, and have done extra work, with out an extra charge.

Description of Work
Biehl Brother were punctual and very fairly priced. I have used them for years, before I joined Angie's list, and have always found their work exemplary, fairly priced, and completed in a very timely, professional manner. You would not regret using them.

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, remodeling, deck cleaning, woodworking

Thompson Masonry and Chimney Repair

Thompson Masonry & Chimney Repair specializes in residential Chimney and Masonry repair. Services include: Chimney Repair, Chimney Sweeping and Cleaning, Chimney Rebuilds, Chimney Crown Repair, Chimney Inspections, Chimney Liners, Furnace Liners, Water Heater Liners, Masonry Repair, Tuck Pointing, Waterproofing. Our goal is provide you with the best Chimney and Masonry Repairs in the state of Ohio.

Hicon Inc

HICON Inc. is a construction service company formed in 1977. The firm is comprised of three operating divisions: HICON Masonry, HICON Paving and HICON Restoration. HICON Masonry provides unit masonry services for the new construction building market. HICON Paving installs paving stones, brick pavers and segmental retaining walls for homeowners, builders and general contractors on new and existing properties. HICON Restoration furnishes masonry and concrete repair and maintenance services to homeowners, and owners of light commercial properties.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal

Remodeling-general, garage, basement, kitchen & bathroom. Home additions. Decks. Porches. Carpentry. Flooring. Carpeting. Fans. Tile. Chimney repair. Closets. Concrete work. Counters. Doors. Driveways. Drywall. Electrical. Framing. Gutter repair & cleaning. Handyman. Insulation. Masonry. Painting. Plastering. Roofing. Plumbing. Pressure washing. James Hardie Siding. Wallpaper removal. Water & smoke damage restoration.

We will work at any time within a 24 hour period that our clients desire, however we do not offer 24 hour emergency service. An example to clarify this would be if we had a client who worked third shift and requested we work at night we would be accommodating to that need, but we will not respond to a service call after normal business hours.