B & D PLUMBING

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2004

1009 Crescent Dr

Cincinnati, OH 45245

I am a 1 man shop. I have been a residential and industrial service plumber since 1990. I am fully qualified to service and repair most any plumbing in or around your home. When called to diagnose a problem I take the time to explain the problem and how I came to that conclusion. I do my best to give a job cost before I start any work....

12/06/2018

Tonya S.

Tom was great, he asked questions, assessed the issue(s) and quickly quoted the job. He even noticed something that was not correct from a previous plumbing company, we were able to have that fixed due to still being under warranty. Overall, Tom came out, did the job, and left as if he was never there. We've kept his business card and he will be the first we call with any other issues!

Description of Work
Needed the thermal expansion tank and pressure valve to house replaced

Category plumbing, water heater repair

08/18/2018

Tim D.

We had a plumbing emergency as installation crew for new refrigerator couldn’t get ice maker water line shut off or knew where to shut off main water line. I immediately called my go to plumbing company only to find out it would be 5 days before they could help even though they claimed to have 24 hour emergency service on Angie’s List. I noticed this company on Angie’s List also said 24 hour emergency service so I was pleasantly surprised to have a plumber answer the phone who verbally helped us immediately and agreed to come over when he got off the phone. He was incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, and professional. He got the valve working again for the ice maker water line and returned the next day to replace faulty expansion tank. He is a seasoned professional who knows his stuff. He prioritizes emergencies which was a blessing to our family. You will be confident in his work!

Description of Work
Plumbing emergency while crew was installing new refrigerator. Water line to ice maker was shooting water on wood kitchen floor because valve in basement wouldn’t shut off water and nobody knew where main line entered house. Installation crew are not plumbers.

10/11/2017

Lucy V.

He's local here in Cincinnati and we've known him for years. I've never been disappointed with him. He's been a life saver for us really. He's very creative and solved some problems. He's not an engineer but he could be. He's redone a complete bathroom for us and helped with the basement plumbing. He's just great. He's fabulous. He hasn't been out here in probably eight or nine months. Before that time he completely redid the whole master bathroom all on his own. Beautiful work. He's helped us in the basement with drains. He's helped us with a leakage problem coming from the outside. Which was great instead of having to dig up the entire yard he fixed it another way, which has worked beautifully. And he's available pretty much when you need him, and he's reasonable. We're just lucky we've found him.

Description of Work
He remodeled our bathroom about three years ago, but he's been out since then putting in new toilets, fixing a drain, and stuff like that.

08/10/2017

Janet B.

I find Tom easy to work with. I have used him before. He does have his own time line and during the project if he had an emergency from another client he would go deal with it. I did understand this because if I was the one without water I would want him to come right away. My project was not critical. I had another bathroom which was usable. One morning he came to work and I had another issue which he did address and tell me what needed to be done to fix it (involved the roof and a leak).

Description of Work
Had one bathroom which was a complete remodel and a second bathroom in which the floor, vanity and lights were replaced.

Category home remodeling

05/16/2017

Leslie S.

Appointment time to be at my house was set by Tom Wuerdeman. I rearranged my schedule to be there. Waited 2 hours...no show. It's been 4 days, no call or text. Have found another plumber to do the work.

Description of Work
Various plumbing projects.

07/27/2016

Janet B.

GREAT. Tom came over yesterday took a look at what needed to be done and came back this morning to do the work. He was very friendly. Answered all my questions. Made sure everything was working properly before he left. His price was reasonable (had called multiple plumbers to get some idea of cost). Would definitely use him again!!!!!!

Description of Work
Needed a kitchen faucet replaced and a bathroom faucet switched out

07/20/2016

SCOTT I.

Tom did a great job! He identified the problem, showed me what I did wrong in trying to fix the problem and had the replacement kit on his truck. So no time wasted getting parts. He also replace other washers in our hoses and faucets as an extra precaution for some of the older hose. B & D was able to get out to help the very next day. And considering I called 5 Plumbing companies this timeliness was needed (had to shut main water valve to the house off while waiting for repair). Very Professional and Timely!!!

Description of Work
Backyard water hose faucet broke.

02/15/2016

Walter G.

When I woke up to find no water flow in the house, I found Tom Wuerderman of B & D Plumbing through Angie's List. Tom came out in a couple of hours and assessed the problem quickly, and got the water running to hold us until the next day. Tom provided two estimates for the repair, one as a less expensive short-term fix, and another one as a better choice update. SInce the water system was out of date and needing component replacement, we made the better choice. Tom returned the next morning and removed an unneeded holding tank, installed a larger bladder tank and new pump, and rearranged the layout in an efficient way that resulted in some bonus storage space. Now the pump doesn't need to run as often and will last longer as a result. Tom is a knowledgeable plumber who worked efficiently and explained everything thoroughly as he performed the job. He was very accommodating in removing the old components and setting them aside so I could salvage the materials. The price for this work was very reasonable and appropriate. To complete his good service, Tom called the next day to make sure the installation was working properly. I would give my highest recommendation for B&D Plumbing to anyone needing this kind of service.

Description of Work
Updated a 28 year old water pump system.

09/10/2015

Joanne S.

He did an excellent job and I would recommend him to anyone that has plumbing needs. He was professional, efficient, and prompt.

Description of Work
They installed a new sink and 5 faucets for me.

06/19/2015

Robby H.

Tom was able to come out with in 30 minutes of my call. He quickly diagnosed the problem and told me how much it would be. He showed me what caused our issue and fixed it with in the hour. Being a first time home owner we didn't have a plumber that we had worked with before, but we do now. I will definately use B and D plumbing again for all of our plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Had a leak under our kitchen sink.

04/07/2015

Jim R.

We had used B&D Plumbing before to replace the floor seal under one of our toilets. I called Tom and he was able to quote me the cost to flush our hot water heater over the phone. He was out within a few days and took about 10 mins before getting started to fully explain to me how the hot water heater worked, what I should be checking on it, and how often. He also explained to me what the "popping" noises were that I kept hearing and how to prevent any further damage from occurring. He took the time to explain the flushing process to me as he was doing it so that I could do it myself the next time. We will definitely be calling on him again for any future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Flushed hot water heater, replaced rubber rings in toilets

Category plumbing, water heater repair

07/29/2014

Barbara M.

It went ok this time, some other service providers gave me estimate of $800 and ended up being over $2000. So I had Tom come out and repair what the others didn't do. Just upset that he charged me again.

Description of Work
I hired him to fix a leaky pipe.

06/25/2014

Barbara M.

He is wonderful, I have had him over more than once.

Description of Work
He is resonably priced and his quality of work is outstanding, he is there when he says he will be. He has done both work inside and out. He worked on the pipes at the head of the bathtub. The other people that worked on my pipes tore the wall and didn't fix the pipes but this provider has been fixing the problem.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

04/10/2014

James L.

I had a very good experience with them. I think they're a little pricey.

Description of Work
B and D Plumbing identified the plumbing problem, which is a burst pipe, and fixed it very quickly.

04/09/2014

ann G.

He was very good and we were very happy with his work. He was very professional, did what he said he was gonna do and it cost what he said it was gonna cost.

Description of Work
B and D Plumbing put in a new water heater for us.

Category water heater repair

01/23/2014

Andrea B.

Due to the very cold temperatures earlier in the week, pipes were bursting all over the city. Of course, emergencies always flare up after hours! We called at about 9:30 pm. Even though he had been out working on other jobs since before dawn, Tom arrived shortly thereafter and quickly found the break. He had it repaired in about 35 minutes. This is the second time we have had Tom out to make repairs (the first time was for a clogged sewer line - UGH!) and he has always been friendly, responsive and professional. Even after a very long, busy day, he was very pleasant. I appreciate working with people who like what they do, and, clearly, Tom falls into that category. I hope I never require his services again - but if I do, I will not hesitate to call B & D Plumbing!

Description of Work
Repaired a burst pipe in a bedroom wall.

01/23/2014

Regina S.

I woke up in the middle of the night to find our pipes had frozen...no water would come out of the faucets! I waited until dawn to call Tom, who had done some work for us in the past, and he made us his first stop of the day. He thawed the frozen pipe, got our water running again, and made suggestions for how to prevent it from happening again. We have an historic home and, unfortunately, need the services of an expert plumber more frequently than the average homeowner. My husband tells anyone who will listen how great this guy is...and he doesn't gouge you either! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Thawed out frozen pipes.

11/13/2013

Duffy B.

I called Tom on Thursday November 7. He said he would come to my house around 4:00 the next day. He said he would call first. I waited around until 7:00 that night. No call from Tom and he never showed. OK, so maybe he got busy. On Monday no call, but it was a holiday. So today, Tuesday I called and left a message early in the morning saying that I waited on Friday, but no show and no call, but was he still going to come or should I call another plumber? It's now 2:00 in the afternoon. Still no call (I have Ooma phone service and it logs every call on-line so I can see if he called). Decided Tom is too unreliable for me and called another plumber. I can understand someone getting busy, another project went over-time. Just call me and let me know. I cannot excuse the lack of calls and follow-up after several days.

Description of Work
He was supposed to come and fix several leaky faucets.

10/08/2013

Edward & Margaret J.

I called the ofc number and talked to Tom's wife. She informed me Tom was on a job and gave me his cell. I called the cell expecting to leave a message, but Tom answered. We discussed the problem and he gave some solutions and said he could be at my house in 1-1/2 hours. He arrived early and immediately started the work. He was efficient, friendly and most of all CLEAN. He corrected the problem in no time and the price was definitely lower than I expected. Would hire him again and again and recommend him to anyone in Brown County, Ohio or the Cincinnati area. Thank You Tom!!!

Description of Work
Unplug drain lines from kitchen to basement.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

09/29/2013

kimberly L.

I called Tom. He came the next day and fixed my problem. He has always done exactly what he said.

Description of Work
Fixed a busted pipe in the bathroom wall. I have used him previously though and I will use them again.

07/01/2013

Melanie B.

Despite Telling HIm Up FronT In Detail About Our Plumbing Issues, he didnT have the parts needed for two of the repairs.. he charged us the time to go get the parts. overall the repairs were done properly we just felt the charge was too high. We Were Very disappointed

Description of Work
Sink,ShowerAndToiletRepairs

06/10/2013

Clarence F.

It went very well without any problem the man knew exactly what he was going and he did it in a timely manner. you can't ask anything more.

Description of Work
Unplugged my bathroom sinks

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

06/06/2013

nicolas S.

we had used this company in past and have been satisfied. However we recently called and made an appointment to have some plumbing work done in our home and, to our surprise, no one came at the agreed to time ( a spread of more than two hours ). And no one ever called us to reschedule, explain or apologize! consequently we can't recommend this company. we had the work done using another company.

Description of Work
did not show up at appointed time.

05/28/2013

Jeanine B.

The service has been very good. He is very professional and thorough. I have been happy with his service.

Description of Work
Most recently I had a leak from the dishwasher. They found that the issue was with dishwasher and not a plumbing issue. I also used them the year prior for work as well. He did a number of little jobs. He replaced the knob for the water supply for the house, replaced the outdoor water faucet and some other little things.

03/20/2013

Lucy M.

Had Tom out to our house and as expected, he diagnosed and had the problem repaired in no time. Called him on a Sunday and he was able to come out the next day and get the job done! Very happy with his work and as I told him, he will be our only plummer, since he is SO GOOD at what he does! Fairly priced and an expert in his field! Very Happy!

Description of Work
Needed to have back up in kitchen sink drain cleared.

Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

When you need an emergency plumber near me in Cincinnati, OH or a drain cleaner, call Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup. Your fast & reliable plumber can fix any plumbing problem, including sump pumps, toilet repair, faucet repair, faucet replacement, garbage disposals, water heaters, bathtubs, showers, and outside faucets. Roto-Rooter is best known for drain cleaning & sewer cleaning. We fix drain clogs, clogged toilets or sinks, blockage of main sewer lines, slow draining shower and bathtub drains, sewer lines and leaking or burst pipes. We also specialize in water damage restoration & water cleanup services. We can fix and clean up your flooded basement too. Roto-Rooter is a 24-hour plumber near you and provides emergency service.

Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing Heating Air

For 88 years, we have served the heating, air conditioning and plumbing needs of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We are one of the oldest continuously operating service firms in the area. Our owner is Kris Knochelmann, who's family has been in the business for over 40 years. Our staff of experienced, licensed, NATE certified technicians are able to offer fair pricing, quality workmanship, and unique testing of your heating and air conditioning system. Ask about our lifetime warranty. It could be the last furnace or air conditioner you ever buy. Experience award winning service, where we treat you like family.

Offers by Schneller Knochelmann Plumbing Heating Air  on Angi
    Apollo Home

Apollo Home strives to be the one company you can count on day or night for home repair, maintenance and comfort. We specialize in residential repair and replacement of heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and electrical systems, as well as drain clearing and main sewer line repair. We service Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We are on time. We know your time is valuable, so Apollo promises to arrive at your home within the time window you select. If our technician doesn’t arrive on time, we’ll waive the service charge.* Repairs are Breakdown Free. If the same part or repair fails in the first year, we guarantee to replace the part and do the repair again for free.* We offer Peace of Mind. We accept responsibility for your complete 100% satisfaction with the operation of the equipment and service provided by Apollo and paid for by you. If you are dissatisfied with our work, we will promptly correct the problem or keep working until the problem is resolved. HVAC Lemons Not Allowed. Your entire heating or cooling unit installed by Apollo will be replaced by Apollo at NO CHARGE if your heat exchanger or AC compressor fails within 20 years of the installation date.** Apollo Home technicians, plumbers, and electricians are professionals who are trained to be experts in their fields and have received hundreds of hours of training from Apollo Home through our industry-certified education program, Apollo Home University. All of our HVAC technicians, electricians and plumbers wear an Apollo Home uniform and undergo a rigorous background check. The process includes drug testing, criminal check and drivers check. All are licensed and insured. We’re proud of our team and want you to be comfortable with them in your home. Feel free to ask them questions! They’re happy to explain their process, how something works or teach you how to perform basic maintenance.

Offers by Apollo Home on Angi

Complete residential plumbing service. Repair or replacement of Water heaters, toilets, disposers, faucets, sump pumps and others. Some drain cleaning up to a 2" line

Call me. If it's plumbing and i'm unable to do the repair I will be able to refer you to the right person for the job.