B A Klaene and Son Masonry LLC

Founded 1960 • With Angi since September 2001

8439 Wuest Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45247

3 employees. No subs. Cost determined by the job. Free estimates....

4.3

masonry (43)chimney repair (37)chimney cap repair (15)stucco (4)stone & gravel (3)foundation repair (2)roofing (2)marble & granite (1)

10/06/2020

Jeremy was great to work with from start to finish. During the initial inspection/estimate, he was upfront and stated their expected start date would be a couple of months out. He was thorough in advising the various aspects of what I was interested in having done and talking through my options. We were in contact 3-4 weeks out from the expected time frame and he followed up the week of the work t...

Description of Work
Chimney crown replaced, cracked mortar joints cleared and tuckpointed, water repellant applied to brick. Close up A/C opening with new brick.

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

07/02/2018

I am not big on reviews because its a bother to me. That being said I had to write a little about Jeremy Klaene. We needed our chimney repaired and got 5 estimates from various contractors. Klaene was right in the middle. The price was fair and the work was excellent. They do business the old fashioned way. My only complaint was it took awhile to get back and do the work because they were so busy....

Description of Work
Point tuck chimney and new cap

Category masonry

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

09/05/2017

I had gotten three quotes and three appointment dates. Not only was Klaene the cheapest, Jeremy knew I was in a bit of a hurry to get this done and squeezed me into his schedule. Very professional, very accommodating! Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category masonry

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

10/11/2016

It went great. They were slow to start but this was not their fault but lots of rain prevented them from beginning the project. We have a very tricky roof, very slanted and lots of peaks. They were able to SAFETLY build scaffolding and continue on with the project. Without asking them they fixed a couple of broken limestone on my pool. They were great!

Description of Work
Our chimney needed to be taken down and dispose of approximately top 3-4 feet of chimney bricks. B. A. Klaene rebuilt the chimney with new bricks to match original as closely as possible. They installed a new concrete crown with galvanized mesh reinforcement. Another chimney on the house needed to have one deteriorated brick cut out and replaced.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/14/2016

08/21/2016

I'd definitely use them again, and recommend them to others (I did, in fact, and they did work on a neighbor's house recently). They were professional, cleaned up every evening, and worked hard to get a big job done quickly.

Description of Work
They removed the loose stucco, fixed the underlying masonry issues, and applied new stucco to a 6 car external garage.

Category masonry,stucco

Work Completed On 06/05/2016

06/21/2016

It went very well. Our roof is quite steep and presents a challenge to anyone doing work on it. The crew arrived on time, erected scaffolding and built a work platform around the chimney. After removing the old crown, they discovered that the condition of the first two courses of brick were worse than expected. So, in addition to removing cracked mortar joints, tuck pointing and replacing the crow...

Description of Work
Repaired deteriorated brick, mortar and chimney crown.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/10/2016

08/30/2015

I purchased an Angie's List big deal for a chimney cap. Unfortunately the size and shape of the flues did not allow it. They were able to remedy situation for an additional cost.

Description of Work
Close opening in chimney

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/30/2013

08/28/2015

they did a great job. i would absolutely call them again if I have any masonry needs. they had good communication, did high quality work, were reasonably priced compared to other estimates that i received from other contractors. they also found and suggested a few other things that i had not noticed that were absolutely needed. finally, i added to the scope of work at the last minute and they hand...

Description of Work
did tuckpointing on the exterior stone foundation wall of my rental house.

Category masonry,pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 08/15/2015

07/12/2015

We decided to remove a set of old concrete steps leading to a back patio. Once that job was finished by another contractor, we found to our surprise that there was a good size hole in the brick veneer behind where the steps used to be. Not only did we need the hole plugged but we needed to match the bricks in our 40 year old home. After interviewing several brick contractors, we settled on BA Klae...

Description of Work
Repaired a gaping hole in the exterior brick veneer.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/01/2015

04/27/2015

It was 10 out of 10. They were quick, thorough, and had great communication during the whole process.

Description of Work
They installed a large patch of stucco. They removed the old part and put in the new.

Category masonry,stucco

Work Completed On 03/16/2015

Masonry - chimneys, tuckpointing, stone repair, fireplaces, stucco, retaining walls

Pavers