All Decked Out 513 LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since February 2011

7300 E Kemper Rd Building A

Cincinnati, OH 45249

All Decked Out is a family owned and operated small business that specializes in custom decks and outdoor living spaces in the Cincinnati and surrounding area. Our company prides itself on unmatched craftsmanship, excellent customer service, and working closely with you through every step of the design and construction process in order to create an outdoor living space that suits you and your families needs. While many houses may be similar, it’s the differences that make them your home. We are constantly working to provide our clients with the latest and best available decking products, accessories, unique designs, and unmatched quality to stay ahead of the curve in the decking industry. We design and build each and every project to be a personal masterpiece for our clients. Where art and engineering meet, we combine skill and recruited craftsmanship with hard-working dedication to give your project the attention and care it deserves. Our skilled carpenters have extraordinary passion, talent and expertise to create a new kind of beautiful....

07/23/2021

Paul S.

Replaced existing deck with their recommended Deckorators brand composite deck. Long wait list before job could start (many months), but worth it! Turn Key operation from deck design, procurement of permits, demolition and disposal of old deck through build of new deck (including footers). Worked well with customer on custom build of flower planters and potting bench. Approx. 9-days job duration from demolition to finish. A truly dedicated and skilled builder/carpenter (John) did all the work through rain and intense summer heat. He was always helpful answering questions and provided updates each day. Minimal disturbance to surrounding areas and flowers beds. Always cleaned up at end of each day. Great communication, including photos, throughout the process using Builder Trend Mobile App. Company does require upfront deposits and progress payments consistent with build schedule. I am sure this company will stand behind their work.

Description of Work
Deck Replacement

03/14/2021

Craig Z.

My husband and I added a deck with fireplace/roof and patio to our house last year. Working with All Decked Out was a great experience. They were able to turn our vision into a reality! They provided a color rendering in advance of the build, which was so valuable. It allowed us to see things we might want modified and also confirmed that we were "on the same page" with what would be built. The quality/craftsmanship is superb. The roof over the deck was added to an existing roofline and All Decked Out was able to match both the pitch of the existing roof and color of the shingles, making the deck/roof connect to the house seamlessly. Finally, I must add a comment about John, the builder assigned to our project. John is amazing! We could tell he took a lot of pride in the quality of his work. He showed up early and worked late. He worked when it was rainy and when it was windy. He kept the area clean, removing all the construction waste daily. He also did a great job of keeping us informed of next steps/when things would be occurring and answering any questions we had. We would absolutely recommend All Decked to family/friends/neighbors.

Description of Work
Deck with Roof/Fireplace and Patio

Category decks,patios

08/10/2019

kara M.

VERY poor customer service Things started off great. Someone came to my house to discuss the project and they provided a quote a day or two later. I was impressed and was planning on moving forward but I requested an updated quote using different materials. A week later I sent another email, just as a reminder. The next week I sent a third email, asking for a quote by the end of the week. I actually did receive a response finally, stating that the owner was on vacation but would get back to me soon. Four days later (2.5 weeks after my initial email), I sent an email to say that I was disappointed with the lack of response and would be using a different company since I didn’t feel I could trust them to do the work if they couldn’t respond to emails in a timely fashion. I would have left it at that (no plans to write this review since I’ve never negatively reviewed a company in the past), but the owner replied w a snippy comeback. I was willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars on this project, but I certainly can not recommend a company with such poor customer service

Description of Work
Deck replacement

Category decks

I do apologize for the delay in getting you a revised quote. [Member Name Removed]. I gave you a quote right away just a couple days after meeting with you. You wanted some revisions made to lower the cost of the project and I explained that I was on vacation and would get you a revision the day I got back in town. I did mentioned to you that I was going to get pricing on a better quality lower cost decking options as well. We do understand that you were very upset by the lack of response but I emailed you while on vacation and had my auto response set up on my email explaining this and explained in the email that I was out of town on a family vacation and would have something to you when I returned. After you kept expressing your frustrations even after that, we realized we would not be a good fit for working with you.

06/20/2019

Andre G.

In October, 2018-I contacted All Decked Out for the purpose of constructing two (2) beams that would connect the rear wall of my house and the detached garage. The two beams would serve as a connecting structure or mini pergola for the back courtyard area. The beams were to have lights added to them also. I paid a $60.00 consultation fee that was to be taken out of my final total for the project...a mock up drawing of the project was never done by the All Decked out staff. Upon agreement to commence the work to be done, I paid for $945.00 (half) of the total $1,890.00 project for the two beams. I however submitted in digital format a mock-up sample of the look I was hoping to achieve by installing the beams. Upon booking my job for the end of May/ early June, 2019...I was approached by the owner Joe Hagan about an option/addition to my project called a leuvered roof. The leuvered roof was outside of my price range substantially (an additional $14 grand). I informed the All Decked out staff that I wanted to proceed with my original two beam design and was reassured repeatedly that we could install the two beams to look like the original desired look and if I changed my mind later, I could always add the leuvered roof option to my project for an additional $14, 000.00 dollars. We proceeded with the original project. Upon near completion of the two beam design, I was very disappointed with the look. It looked very much like an unfinished roof frame. I contacted the foreman and the owner of all decked out and was told by the owner (Joe Hagan) that he agreed that the beams "looked underwhelming" (his words) and that he would proceed with the removal of the beams. On 6-19-19, I was informed that the removal of the beams would cost me $700.00 out of my original down payment for the project. The $700.00 charged to myself would serve as labor fee for the contractor who installed the beams that "looked underwhelming" per Joe Hagan. I feel this is completely wrong to the customer as I am left with one side of my home left with concrete siding that needs repaired and the other side of my garage left with holes in the vinyl siding that will beed to be replaced completely by myself to get the home structure back in the original shape prior to the beginning of the project. Why am I responsible for them completely missing the mark on the vision of this project? I have also contacted the better business bureau to recover my $700.00. Costs for construction work should not be passed on to the consumer if all are in agreement that the finished project "looked underwhelming".

Description of Work
Connecting aluminum beams (mini pergola) between my house and detached garage

Category decks

Mr. [Member Name Removed]contacted us and we met with him for a consultation. We met with him a couple [Member Information Removed] times at his house and talked about the project and walked him thorough what we are doing to be doing. Multiple conversations over the phone with him several times as well prior to start. He did send us an initial concept [Member Information Removed] what he wanted but would not work well with his space. I originally quoted him for cedar beams and I did suggest aluminum framing would be less maintenance and he would not have to paint. He was really worried about the painting [Member Information Removed] the cedar. Carpenter bee's love Cedar and I knew he was going to be particular. I explained to him we could also recess lights in the beams as the aluminum is hollow and he liked that idea. His original plan was to staple string lights to cedar beams. He liked this idea as the lighting was his main interest because he didn't like his string lights. I priced him out for the aluminum option to which he agreed and turned the proposal into and Invoice once he agreed on the Aluminum beams. He was pretty set on being able to do a louvered roof in the future. I do agree it looks underwhelming and I agree with him it looks unfinished with just the frame work up for a louvered roof but that's what was on the contract, explained to him. I offered design services to him and noted on his proposal. We offered a nominal fee for a rendering from our designer. He did not want to pay for them so he did not get. My wife who works in the office knew exactly what we were going to be doing, our project manager Zak, and our installer. The crew even had a quick pre-construction meeting with him to explain everything that they were going to do. They marked where everything would go. We documented everything and all communication. The invoice was very detailed. The beams were on site for him to see prior. He reached out to us, we did not reach out to him asking for a price for a whole louvered roof system. I explained that it is a large investment but would be an awesome feature. It was not within his budget and I told him that it could always be added later when he could afford it if he went with the aluminum beams for the lights. When I was on site I explained that it would slope due to his window locations. He knew all [Member Information Removed] this ahead [Member Information Removed] time. We installed the beams correctly and per our signed contract with him, then when it came time to pay for a completed project he said he does not like it. He sent this message to our BuilderTrend system we use for communication with our clients during the build. "Zak or Joe: Please call me asap. Want to discuss moving forward with the Leuvered roof and completing the project. When I called him he said our company has been great to work with and our installer was great as well. He said it has nothing to do with our company but he just doesn't like it. He asked if I would work something out with him because he said he made a very bad decisions. Those where his words. He said he wanted us to take it down right away and he would worry about fixing the siding where the beams were attached. I said I would take it down neatly and try to use it in a future project and told him I would not charge him for the special order material. I felt bad he made a poor choice. I told him I would get back to him on what I could take off the project since he did not like it. He offered to give us a good review if we would credit him and work with him. I told him I would work with him and I told him to let me see what labor time we have in the project and I'll let you know what we can do. I text him after we got off the phone and asked him " You ok with no charge for materials and no charge for removal. Only cover my cost for my installer at my cost with no mark up". He responded "should be workable. The next day I told my installer to tell him we would remove the Beams and only charge him $700 for our install time. He has already paid a deposit so we would be willing to credit him for the difference at the time, He agreed so my installer went out the next day to remove for him per his request. The beams were special order that we can't return and most likely will never be able to use. We paid freight shipping for the items, load/transport time and wasn't going to charge him to go back out to remove the beams. We both gained nothing from his decision. I feel like we offered a great solution to meet in the middle and would have worked with him.

06/25/2018

Mark L.

Got started a week later than originally scheduled but David was very knowledgeable and handled the removal of the original deck and the building of the new deck very well. Obvious that he had much experience.

Description of Work
Deck replacement.

Category decks

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your kind words. Working outdoor's like we do can bring a set of challenges and weather delays beyond our control but thanks so much for your patience. We are very happy you love your new deck!

12/11/2017

Arpad K.

Absolutely outstanding work! We couldn't be happier with the project, from the design to execution, all within the cost estimate and to a standard that exceeded our expectations. The job required a striping of a sub-standard deck and stairs with railing, a complete redesign and replacement of wood with a composite decking while preserving as much of the existing structure as possible, to save cost. Additionally, we needed help with a enclosing the underneath of the porch. Joe was very helpful in working with our design ideas and we're very pleased to have followed his sound recommendations. Joe and Jessica Hagen run a fantastic business, super approachable and responsive to our changing design ideas. Special "shout-out" to Steven Brown, of Steven Brown Carpentry (the main contractor of the project), for an amazing job . The finished project is an enduring reflection of his professionalism and expertise. All Decked Out and Steven Brown Carpentry have our most enthusiastic endorsement. Thank you both for a GREAT JOB!

Description of Work
Custom deck with railing and a wrap around cedar "skirt" under the porch

Category decks,fencing,woodworking

Thank you so much for your kind words and the photo's! You were amazing to work for. We hope you enjoy your deck for years to come! Thank you so much for your business!

12/06/2017

Angelica D.

Justin Schmidt, project manager for the deck and patio, and Jonathan were the ones who started and completed our project of the deck and patio. They stuck it out to the end. They battled horribly muddy conditions and cold weather. I never got to meet the fence project manager. Justin was very professional and took the time to answer any of our questions. Jonathan, was very dedicated to the project. He even worked on Thanksgiving day! I happen to take a picture of the guys with my youngest. He's always curious about building. The crew was very patient and even managed to let my son (think) he was helping. Justin was very meticous about how things looked and made sure his crew all understood his expectations. Jessica and Joe are very upfront about their pricing. You can see the passion Joe has for outdoor space. You give him an idea and he runs with it. Jessica took the time to answer many of my questions and broke things down for me. Jennifer set the tone and the standard was upheld. Now we have a awesome looking deck, a patio and fence. The project itself took long while to complete, but the weather played a huge factor. I'll take this type of quality of work any day.

Description of Work
Deck, patio and fence

Category decks

Wow. A very special picture! Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very blessed to have clients like you. It's why we do what we do. Thanks for your business and feedback and we hope you enjoy your new backyard for years to come!

12/03/2017

Art H.

We recently used All Decked Out to build a deck on the back of our house. Joe was prompt on returning phone calls and on time for our meetings to discuss the design and build schedule. He was very accommodating to our special requests - and had a few ideas of his own which helped add character to the design. Steven was our project manager when the build began. He took special care to make sure the worksite was clean before they left each night. My wife and I could tell he took great pride in his work and he loves what he does. We were especially pleased with the two-tone mitered composite stair treads. We are excited to use our deck this spring, and would recommend All Decked Out for your deck designs and builds.

Description of Work
Build a deck on the back of the house.

Category decks

We thank you very much for your business and we do hope you enjoy your deck for years to come! It was a pleasure working with you. - The Staff of All Decked Out

11/17/2017

Angela R.

All Decked Out redid our 20+ year old deck and the results are gorgeous and exactly how we envisioned. The team was great to work with, very responsive and accommodating, not to mention reasonably priced! The carpenters worked hard to get it right and went above and beyond our expectations. They paid attention to details and made sure it was done right. Our old stairs were wobbly, steep and narrow. The new stairs and deck are a work of art, solid and so much safer!

Description of Work
Tear off old decking, railing and stairs. Level structure, re-deck, new railings and new stairs.

Category decks

Thank you so much for the kind words and review of our business! You were a pleasure to work for! If you have any future outdoor needs please don't hesitate to give us a call!

11/03/2017

David L.

We could not be more pleased. Steven Brown was our foreman. He was very prompt and dependable. It was such a smoothe transition from old deck to new. Our new deck was built quickly because Steven worked so hard. We added iron railings and the finished product is amazing. So glad we found All decked out. I highly recommend for customer service and craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Decking and railing on our wooden deck needed to be replaced.