Advantage Roofing

Founded 2001 • With Angi since January 2004

For high-quality roofing in Cincinnati, contact Advantage Roofing. We are proud to offer friendly, capable services with an attention to detail. Let us prove to you, we are Cincinnati's Most Trusted, Reliable, and Recommended roofing & home exteriors company.

Roof Installation by Advantage; West Chester, OhioRoof Installation by Advantage; Florence, KentuckyRoof Installation by Advantage; Loveland, Ohio

Roof Replacement in Union, KY

roofing

202041091
Job completed in Northern Kentucky. The shingle is Landmark Pro- Heather Blend
View project

roofing (278)gutter repair (85)gutter cleaning (15)chimney repair (14)skylight installation (10)chimney cap repair (3)siding companies (20)general contractors (8)house painting (2)

07/30/2021

charles H.

from start to finish work was excellent. would surely reccomend them to any one who needed roof work done.

Description of Work
complete reroof

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 06/23/2021

10/11/2020

Rebecca W.

From the initial inspection/estimate visit to the final clean-up/inspection, Advantage provided high quality service, respect, and care. We interviewed 6 highly rated roofing companies and Advantage stood out for their honesty and integrity. They were not the least expensive nor the most expensive but definitely stood out as the number one choice for their integrity and quality. Oh, did I say they have the best warranty of all 6 of the top rated companies we interviewed? The warranty on their workmanship is a clear indicator of the quality of the roof.

Description of Work
Replacing the Roof of My House

Work Completed On 10/11/2020

Review for Advantage Roofing - 5706 Carthage Avenue, Cincinnati, OH - 38939452

07/20/2020

Ronnie H.

Wonderful experience! Very professional,on time,great work,and fair price.I would highly recommend Advantage Roofing!

Description of Work
Replaced old gutters.

Category contractors, gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

05/27/2020

Jeff B.

Advantage Roofing did an excellent and professional job and the roof looks fantastic. They weren't the lowest bidder but they weren't the highest either. The crew was easy to work with and I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

05/03/2020

Denise W.

Advantage Roofing is outstanding! From the office contacts to the roofing work done, all was excellent. They were very professional, courteous, reliable, and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure working with Tim--he really cares about quality of work. My experience and the repairs were exceptional. I highly recommend Advantage Roofing.

Description of Work
Roof soffit damage from raccoons in two areas needed repaired

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

04/06/2020

Lauren P.

So thrilled with Tim, Jonna and the entire Advantage roofing team along with Mike and his crew for the gutters. We had a new roof and gutters installed and the entire process from beginning to end was easy, stress free and surprisingly in budget!! We are so happy we took the leap and had this important upgrade completed. Thank you Advantage Roofing! Our house looks so beautiful and rain is never an issue again!

Description of Work
Roof And Gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 04/06/2020

02/04/2020

paul F.

Advantage Roofing was wonderful to work with! Scott worked with us from beginning to end. He was knowledgeable explained the entire process and worked with our insurance company. He went above and beyond and exceeded our expectations!

Description of Work
A new roof.

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

11/10/2019

Hilary L.

Not the first time I've dealt with this company (previous experiences also good). Turned out there was a lot of rotten decking (no surprise there, since I think most of it was original to the house). The new roof looks great, and was installed in one day. Cleanup was the best I've ever seen on such a job--only one stray nail found so far!

Description of Work
New roof installed.

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

10/15/2019

Beth E.

Advantage had installed gutter covers several years ago. I went with another roofer for reroofing solely based on price, and gutter covers were damaged, issues with ice shield, etc. Tim agreed to come examine the gutter covers and explain additional issues to other roofer, explain things to me, and he advocated for me. Went above and beyond the call of duty in agreeing to help me. Still can't believe he did it, and can't thank him enough.

Description of Work
Help re examination of gutter cover damage, etc.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

09/20/2019

H T.

This is a follow up of my previous 2 reviews. As I have mentioned previously the owner Tim did reach out after reading my first review. He had his best guy Jeff out here, tore everything down and started from scratch. He replaced rotted decking, rebuilt the cricket, put new water guard, step flashing and shingles. Hopefully this will be the last time we have to deal with this leak. We appreciate Advantage Roofing, Tim the owner and his team for reaching out and willingness to fix the problem. I would hire Advantage roofing again.

Description of Work
Chimney flashing

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

09/18/2019

william K.

The roof had suffered substantial wind damage. I called Advantage Roofing and Tim came to do an estimate. He was very professional, very punctual, and explained the entire process of roof replacement and insurance to me. The job was done exactly as promised. It was on time, done correctly, everything was cleaned up, and they were very careful around the landscaping. They even did a few tiny favors for me! I was so pleased with everyone involved. Their office staff is also fantastic! EVERY TIME I call, I am greeted with cheerful, welcoming voices. Tim and EVERYONE at his company truly appreciate their customers! I would DEFINETLY hire them again...I will be a life-long customer....and I will ALWAYS use them for my investment properties. If you need anything done with your roof or your exterior, I know that you will get great service from Advantage Roofing. I wish I could give them an A++++ and FIVE gold stars!!

Description of Work
Total roof replacement

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

09/13/2019

David H.

Two jobs, both went smoothly. Work was completed on time with highly professional workers who were polite and courteous. Everything was done as promised and to expectations. Very happy with the work and the company. Would happily recommend to any and all.

Description of Work
Reroofing and gutter replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

09/09/2019

Michael S.

I've had two experiences with Advantage Roofing. One was installation of a new roof on one residence and the repair of an existing roof/installation of flue covers. Both jobs were handled promptly, professionally and in a quality fashion. The applied their same work ethic to both the large and small jobs.

Description of Work
New roof and repair of an existing roof.

Category roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

09/07/2019

david K.

Very knowledgeable estimate, polite and helpful, arrived on time, work done in one day, good clean up

Description of Work
Tear off of 2 shingle layers and new shingles

Work Completed On 09/07/2019

09/06/2019

Samuel M.

I am completely satisfied with my entire experience with Advantage Roofing. I needed to replace my old roof and these folks were pros from start to finish. Tim come out within days of my first call and explained the materials and process they would follow. Although Advantage Roofing was not the lowest of the three bids I got for my roof replacement, I went with Advantage Roofing because of their professionalism and quality materials. I am very pleased with their works and the results look great. I have and will continue to recommend Advantage Roofing to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement

Work Completed On 05/02/2019

Review for Advantage Roofing - 5706 Carthage Avenue, Cincinnati, OH - 38092053

09/05/2019

Kellee M.

Advantage Roofing provided an exceptional experience throughout the process of replacing our roof. Communication was great from the initial estimate through project completion. I have never witnessed a harder working or more efficient group than the crew that performed the work. Extreme care was taken to not damage any items or plants around the foundation, and they left the property cleaner than when they arrived. Their team followed up approximately one month after the work was completed to make sure there were no problems, and after a couple of intense rain storms I feel confident the work is top notch. Based on our experience I have no hesitation strongly recommending Advantage Roofing.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

10/11/2018

Albert B.

BEWARE! If you want a roofing company to install your roof one day and come back within 24 hours and tear off 3 large sections of the roof to "re-do" it...(even though Tim insists he only replaced TWO shingles). Interesting how he was at our home for over 6 hours, replacing 2 shingles. Translates... he is not honest even when you confront him. if you want to find over 20 nails in your driveway after the crew finishes the job and leaves the premises...if you want to have a ridge vent cut into the top of your roof when you "specifically stated you do not want a ridge vent".... then if you want a roofing company whose Owner lies through his teeth about the workmanship and materials used or not used, and how many plywood boards were actually replaced after the shingles were torn off, first asking me if i'm calling him a liar when i disputed his claim... then when i told him i could see from inside my attic how many boards were replaced.. he changed his tune to saying he placed the new plywood over top of the old, damaged plywood therefore i wouldn't be able to see it. That too, is a lie because if he had indeed placed new plywood sheets over the old damaged ones (why would a credible roofer do that to begin with?) you would be able to see a rise in the roof-line where the overlay of plywood was placed. When I called him out on that, he again changed his story to placing "4 or 5" of the x number of plywood sheets on the OTHER section of our roof....which in fact, if you look at that section in the attic, had absolutely ZERO new sheets of plywood installed. The proof is that our original roof WAS plywood, and ADVANTAGE used only OSB boards to replace damaged sheathing! If you want lie after lie, food thrown all over in your yard from the crew, and not a single person who speaks English during the entire install.... then by all means.... hire ADVANTAGE ROOFING!!! Also, I asked them if they would coat my chimney crown if I supplied the material and they agreed they would. What actually happened was they used MY MATERIAL for the flashing around the chimney and never coated the crown! Talk about underhanded and shady! They get an "F

Description of Work
Roof Replacement--

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

It takes only a quick glance at our reviews to see we are a long standing, reputable roofing company with a proven track record. With having worked on over 6,000 roof projects in the last 17 years, we have never wavered on our integrity, the belief in our quality of workmanship, or honoring our installation warranty. The roof workmanship for this project is no different. It is covered by our company and comes with a 50 year guarantee. Before our company considers a roof complete, we perform a thorough inspection of the roof, ensuring it is up to our high standards of quality. During inspection, our company pointed out to the homeowner, there were 2 areas showing slight buckles in the shingles. These buckles were due to missing "H" clips which were not installed by the original builder of the home. We replaced 2 shingles in each of these areas to correct this. The other area we pointed out to the homeowner was where a few spots of mortar had spilled on the shingles while work was being done to the chimney. For the roof to look it's best and meet our high standards, we insisted the shingles be replaced with new; we replaced 3-4 shingles in this area. Both of these items were addressed before the completion of the roof or the homeowner was invoiced. When installing new replacement roofs, we typically install ridge vent for the attic ventilation. Our crew mistakenly cut out for ridge vent installation while this homeowner wanted box vents for ventilation. Box vents were installed and the ridge area re-roofed properly. With our 30+ years of roofing experience, we do not believe the 2" cut out of the ridge jeopardizes the integrity of the roof system, nor does it affect the warranty we provide for the roof. However, upon the discovery of our mistake, the owner of the company immediately offered to install new wood on the ridge area but the homeowner declined. Regarding the chimney crown, the homeowner asked if we would fix it for her if she provided the material; we agreed to do this at no charge. However, she gave us the wrong material. The proper material to use is elastomeric crown coating. We used our own material to coat the crown at no charge, which was completed and shown to the homeowner. The homeowners have, what I believe, is a misunderstanding of roofing installation processes. When trying to explain roofing, or attempting any other kind of reasonable conversation with a person unwilling to do the same, it does tend to take some time. We have attempted to offer solutions resolving the homeowners concerns on multiple occasions, however none were accepted. We also suggested to the homeowner, an inspection of the roof be done by a reputable, 3rd party to ensure quality of the installation, this has not been done at this time. This roof was completed 09/20/18. We have received no payment for this project at this time.

07/25/2018

Hilary L.

Repair done at time of inspection. Appears to have gone well--no trouble detected in last round of storms.

Description of Work
Repair to a leak entering at or near the kitchen fan vent.

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

06/26/2018

Danny F.

I highly recommend Advantage Roofing. The owner, Tim Mallory arrived on time for the initial inspection and quoted a fair price for a new roof, gutters, leaf guards and a minor chimney repair. I had received another quote for the same work from a large local company. Their quote included substantial repairs to my chimney which were not needed. I had it confirmed by independent inspection from a local chimney specialty company that the repair as quoted by Tim was perfectly adequate and proper for my situation. I knew then that I was dealing with an honest and knowledgeable individual. Tim put me on the schedule and began work on time as planned, with a few minor adjustments to start date along the way to account for changes in the weather. They kept me informed as my start date approached. The materials were delivered in full, the day before the job. On the morning the job began, Advantage arrived early with a substantial crew. My house was a hard two day job. Every individual on the crew was polite and took extra measures to fully protect my landscaping and garden. The work was completed on time and in a very professional manner. The house looks great. The cleanup crew went overboard to be sure that that they found every last bit of scrap and every possible nail. While I continue to keep an eye out for the occasional roofing nail, the Advantage Roofing crew did everything they could to find every possible nail and they would not leave the job site until they were certain that I was fully satisfied. After the job, I received my final invoice, which was exactly as quoted. As an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Butler County for many years, I am very familiar with the need to carefully select contractors. Advantage Roofing was a delight to deal with from start to finish. I am pleased to pass along the great experiences I had in dealing with this company and my personal recommendation to anyone shopping for a new roof or gutters.

Description of Work
Roof, Gutters, Gutter covers and chimney repair

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/24/2018

Thank you for your review and putting your trust in Advantage Roofing.

06/15/2018

Marianne H.

Thank you Advantage Roofing for a spectacular job! We are extremely pleased with our new roof & it's amazing how updated & beautiful our home now looks. Even the neighbors are commenting. In addition, thank you for all your outstanding service. From the beginning, your process & follow-thru from step A to Z was extremely professional & we were always kept "in-the-loop". We knew we were in good hands. Everyone we met, Tim, Scott, Jeff, Carlos & crew, Dawn & Jonna were extremely respectful & courteous & answered all of our questions. Thank you Advantage Roofing. We will highly recommend you to our friends & neighbors. You are the BEST!

Description of Work
New roof installed

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

Thank you so much for the review! From our family to yours, thank you for your business!! :)

04/07/2018

Trisha S.

My new roof was installed in less than a week after the insurance adjuster cut the check! I called Advantage roofing on a Wednesday to have someone come look at our roof, I had found a few shingles in the backyard after a stormy night. Scott from Advantage Roofing, came out on that Friday, inspected the roof and gave me an estimate. On Saturday Lilly, our Liberty Mutal Claims Adjuster, came out and did her inspection and cut us a check for the new roof. I called Scott on Monday to see what to do next, he dropped off samples that night and said once we picked a color he could schedule the installation. Tuesday we called Scott with the color and were told the installation date would be Thursday. Absolutely amazing! From the time I discovered the shingles in the backyard to the finished installed roof only 8 days had passed! Scott was with me the entire time answering any questions or concerns I had. The entire Advantage Roofing staff was very courteous and professional. The cleanup was amazing, we didn't find even one nail!

Description of Work
Roof Replaced

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

Review for Advantage Roofing - 5706 Carthage Avenue, Cincinnati, OH - 37045012

Thanks for the review! It was a pleasure doing business with you. :)

03/29/2018

Ann B.

Tim first examined my roof in 2015. He said I had a few more years before I needed to replace it. He came yearly to check things over and this year he recommended I have it replaced. Everything went very smoothly. All of my questions and concerns were thoroughly answered. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
They replaced my roof.

Work Completed On 03/29/2018