Acme Lock & Hardware

Founded 1933 • With Angi since May 2010

Downtown Cincinnati Lock and Hardware Store specializing in Locks, Doors, Safes and downtown Cincinnati's only Paint and Hardware store. Trusted since 1933, we provide fast service anywhere....

Neighborhood Locksmith

We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Turnkey Services

Owner operated Auto, Residential, Commercial and Correctional Locksmith. I have over 25 years of experience, I respond quickly and ensure the job is done right before I leave. My specialty is locksmith services, and I also build decks, pergolas, handymen work and more. Please call or message to schedule.

Lang's Locks

Lang`s Lock has built a reputation for 40 years in quality locksmith services. Anytime you need it for your home, work, or in an emergency we can install and repair any lock, from high security to residential doors, from desks and filing cabinets to keypad entry. No lock is too tough or too damaged. When safeguarding your home, it's wise to upgrade your locks every few years. Thieves often find new ways to subvert old locking mechanisms. Lang's Locks offers a huge inventory of quality residential locks that will secure your belongings and give you peace of mind. Should you need a lock rekey or repair, the job can easily be done with quality that you'll love. Contact Lang's Locks today for the best lock security service. As a customer-centered business, we see our clients as more than a number. We see them as our neighbors in the community that we share. For this reason, you can count on our locksmiths to treat your project with the same integrity and dedication we would for a family member or friend.

08/28/2015

He arrived when he promised, assessed the problem and went to the hardware for everything he needed. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
Locksmith removed a broken doorknow and installed one with a new, better lock. He also had to install a nw doorjamb and fix the broken wood under the knob.

Category locksmith,doors

03/31/2014

I recently purchased two condos to rent out and a condo to move into all within a few weeks of each other. I also rented out the condo I was living in. I needed all of the locks changed - seven in all. Cost $410. On one hand the company was good about fixing or replacing the lock. My biggest issue was the poor attitude and service of the original locksmith. Unit 1 - One lock rekeyed. Based on late...

Description of Work
Had seven locks rekeyed at four properties. Two locks including my primary residence could not be locked at all and one lock was very difficult to operate. See details below. Update 4/15 -Yesterday I discovered a third lock could not be locked. I called Acme and spoke with Tim. A locksmith named Adam came out. There was a problem with the strike plate and he adjusted it so the lock would turn correctly and the key could be removed. It took about 20 minutes. Originally I had given an F in all categories. This was due to not being able to lock my primary residence after the original locksmith (K***n) had left. As noted below this was very upsetting for a variety of reasons. Then I discovered a second lock was not working correctly the next day. Then I inadvertently found out yet a third lock was not locking correctly yesterday. There were many issues I was unhappy with, most of which centered around the work and response of the original locksmith (K***n). However, I found out that Adam was the locksmith who resolved the problem of the second lock that was not working correctly and also repaired the third lock today. Adam was very professional, courteous and apologetic. Really this is all I was seeking all along, some acknowledgement that I had a right to be upset and not to have the blame transferred to me. Based on the response by Adam and now having all locks working correctly to the best of my knowledge (I need to check with my tenant as to how the first lock that was rekeyed is working) I am going to revise the overall ratings to a higher rating. However, since three out of seven locks did not work correctly I cannot in good conscience give higher than a B rating. I still will make the observation that old locks might not be worth rekeying. They take more time and will probably not work as well as a new lock will. Of course the cost of a quality lock needs to be compared against the cost of rekeying.

03/30/2014

Unfortunately, the company that sold and installed the lock set is no longer in business. We contacted Acme and they promptly came to determine if they had the part(s) needed and had to order them. They did replace the parts once received. The issue that gives me pause for an outright recommendation is that the screw holding the knob is too long and we find we are catching our hands on it and caus...

Description of Work
I had need to replace the "guts" to an Emetek lock set.

12/11/2013

Went well. Technician was professional and helpful. Work was performed quickly.

Description of Work
installed new night switch.

12/06/2013

Installed a deadbolt lock. It was OK but he was not the most professional installer.

Description of Work
I used ACME LOCK AND HARDWARE.

Category locksmith

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately the work was completed back on March 21st and according to our technicians notes, the lock worked great and the customer signed off that the work was satisfactory. I'm sorry that she may be having issues 8 months after the work was complete but we'd be more than happy to diagnose the issue if [removed member name] were to call us and let us know the situa...

11/20/2013

They did exactly what I asked, the door works fine now, I spare keys, but I still have the old door knob that goes with the look of my house. The people came on time, stuck to their estimate and were professional. i would use them again.

Description of Work
I have a old home and the original lock on the front door would lock but I could not unlock the door.

02/20/2013

I honestly don't recall the price, but I was required to put one in. What I do recall is that the price was competitive, that the technician was very prompt, and really nice. Very happy with their work.

Description of Work
Changed locks at my house.

02/07/2013

I called early Saturday morning after getting frustrated with the cost and coldness of my Honda dealer to make a key. I checked the internet for locksmiths and called around. Most of the places I called were either foreigners or local shops that weren't open. Acme Lock picked up and explained to me the upfront costs and time expectation. I had a great talk with the technician and stopped into their hardware/lock shop Saturday afternoon. I was very impressed from start to finish.

Description of Work
I tried finding someone to make a key for Honda Accord last Saturday....I called the Dealer and they wanted $150!!! It was one of those high security transponder keys. I called and the gentlemen was super professional and I was shocked they were open on Saturday. I came in and they had a machine that made my key automatically and then they came out to my car to program the key. It only cost me $90 but the service was excellent, the tech was very friendly and I couldn't believe how much hardware they could pack into one little store. The hardware store reminded me of a mini Home Depot. I highly recommend.

Category locksmith","home improvement store

01/07/2013

I called because I was having trouble getting the key to turn in my door lock. I was told a couple of things to try in order to get it to work. I did what I was told, and my lock works fine. I was very pleased with the outcome of this situation.

Description of Work
Advice over phone empowered me to fix the problem on my own.

03/28/2012

The man they sent out was very nice. They were very responsive.

Description of Work
I locked myself out of my house.

Category locksmith

Locksmith, Safes, Vaults, Doors, Windows, Hardware, Keys, Lockouts, Car Keys, Transponders, Door Closers, Hardware & Paint Store

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available