A-1 SMITTY'S PLUMBING

Founded 1987 • With Angi since November 2002

LOCALLY OWNED AND OPERATED...

Bockrath Heating & Cooling

RECEIVE AN INSTANT REBATE FOR THE INSTALLATION OF YOUR NEW FURNACE/AC. FURNACE CAN BE REPLACED IN LESS THAN 1 DAY. Every job is designed based on the heating & cooling load of your home. Duct work is modified to provide dramatically improved air flow and comfort level. With our 100% PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE we know you will be comfortable in your home.

Offers by Bockrath Heating & Cooling on Angi
Air Authority Heating & Air Conditioning

We have several years of experience in all your heating and cooling needs. We will give a full inspection to save you money and give you peace of mind. That’s why we offer 24-hour emergency service. Whether you need help in the mid-afternoon or 3 in the morning, we’re here for you. Contact Air Authority today for HVAC at 513-229-0789.

LOGAN A/C & HEAT SERVICES

Call our fast, friendly team at Logan A/C & Heat Services for residential heating/cooling repair, replacement, and routine maintenance. Logan Services is the #1 Volume Trane dealer in Ohio. Take advantage of our current promotions and financing options including 0% APR for 60 months on qualifying Trane systems. Estimates are FREE, and next-day installation is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Most installations usually take just one day. Check out our website to learn more about how a high-efficiency Trane system can increase the overall comfort in your home. Logan Services has recently been chosen as the top HVAC company in Northern Cincinnati by the readers of Cincy Magazine. Our company is proud to be family-owned and operated and has been in business since 1969.

Offers by LOGAN A/C & HEAT SERVICES on Angi

10/07/2020

Deceptive business, price gouging, extremely inappropriate communication: We hired A-1 for a leaking water line. They fixed the issue in a timely manner and at a great price. They offered their services again to patch up our driveway in July 2020. They quoted us 1900 for the whole job which was a reasonable price therefore we agreed to have the job completed. We agreed that half of the cost would ...

Description of Work
Repair driveway

Category handyman service

10/16/2017

Called Bob on a Monday and he promised to do the work the following day. He arrived right on time. New parts were required, so he had to go to the plumbing supply. The entire job including the trip took around 3 hours. When he left everything was in working order and you never would have known anyone was here. Bob even moved the refrigerator for my wife so she could clean in back of it, and then m...

Description of Work
Install new kitchen faucet (supplied by me) and supply lines. Connect garbage disposal, and insert new drains in already installed sink.

Category plumbing

07/26/2016

He removed the old water heater, and took it away. He was great. He actually needed another part that was not included in the estimate, so he had to go get it. He did not charge me extra to do this. The installation took about a half a day or less. He is very honest, and I use him now for everything. He does not inflate the prices, or try to rip you off. He is very reasonable.

Description of Work
He installed a hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

08/19/2014

Called Smitty's and he was out the same day to do a lawn irrigation system backflow device test (required annually by Hamilton County, Ohio). He completed the test, provided me with all the paperwork, which I submitted it to the county. Done. Great service!

Description of Work
Lawn Irrigation - Annual Backflow Test (Hamilton County)

Category plumbing

07/07/2013

My wife and I were supposed to be leaving for a family 4th of July celebration when we discovered a sewage backup in our basement family room. When I realized that the problem was going to be more than I could fix I began searching Angie's List for a plumber. I found A-1 Smitty's Plumbing. Mr. Schmidt was prompt and arrived within the hour as promised on a Saturday for an emergency call. Water was...

Description of Work
Had a sewage back up in the basement. Came over and opened up the clean out pipe, discovered problem and cleared the obstruction and fixed the problem.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

03/06/2013

I called for an estimate, we set up a time, he arrived as he promised. The quote was to run a gas line to a fireplace. He provided a verbal quote, but not a written one. I have to be honest that I felt somewhat uncomfortable with his professionalism. He made a reference about me and my husband being romantic together once the new fireplace was installed and he said that he likes to do plumbing work so he can "help the damsel in distress." In general, I am a person who tries to be optimistic about others and make positive comments (and I do not want to jeopardize this man's livelihood in any way), but as a woman I would have felt uncomfortable with this plumber doing work on my home if I was there alone.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from this plumber. His quote was very low compared to others and he was punctual for the estimate. However, I could not verify his plumbing license online. He did not provide a written estimate, a business card, or any other information. Even though his estimate was very low compared to others, I did not choose him because I could not verify that he is licensed.

01/10/2013

He's wonderful and was a life saver. He was very, very, knowledgeable and very honest and very reasonable. Their home is quite old and it's one of those 1900 era homes that has been around forever, so they had to figure out what was going on and why the upstairs commode was not working. He didn't want to do it but he had to poke a hole in the downstairs bathroom ceiling which was directly below the upstairs bathroom. He got rained on because there had been a leak that nobody knew about, but he didn't curse or say anything about it. I would have had him do a bunch of more things, but my husband was kind of watching his nickels. He seems to know all kinds of things regarding antiques. He's fascinated with old buildings and old everything. He told us that he had done some work for another customer and the guy had this beautiful granite pink sink and he was going to throw it out and he asked if he would mind if he took it and he integrated it into a vanity. He's very into restoration and preservation. He came over immediately and I couldn't believe how fast he got there and fortunately he was not committed to anything else at that particular moment. I know he's busy because we found him through another company that handles hot tubs and toilets and bathrooms and Smitty does a lot of their work at their homes. I always call someone I know to ask for a referral and he immediately mentioned Smitty. He was very good and explained everything as he was going along so we would know what was going on. He was just a peach.

Description of Work
A-1 Smitty's Plumbing went to my daughter's home who was nine months pregnant and fixed both of her toilets.

Category plumber","drain cleaning company

09/27/2012

Bob responded to my inquiry quickly. He definitely knew what he was doing, and he made the repair effectively and efficiently. He also installed a ball valve shut-off on the same pipe for just the cost of the valve. Overall, a pleaseure to work with - wouldn't hesitate to call him again.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced an outside hose spigot.

01/27/2011

It was going badly until Bob showed up, he fixed my sink drain tubing and gave me some good advice for avoiding future problems. Thanks again Bob.

Description of Work
Speedy service and repair, and a nice guy as well. Thanks Bob.

01/19/2002

VERY NICE, GOOD JOB, REASONABLE RATES. CREDIT TO THE SMALL BUSINESS INDUSTRY.

Description of Work
RESET LOOSE TOILET, FIXED LEAKY FAUCET.

Category plumber

ALL PLUMBING REPAIRS AND INSTALLATION PLUS WORKS ON GAS LINES BACK FLOW PREVENTER TESTING AND REPAIR.

New construction