McHugh's Plumbing Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2000

McHugh's Plumbing, Inc. is a fully licensed and insured plumbing company located in Chesterland, Ohio. servicing all your gas, water and sewer needs. You can count on us for professional advice, top quality work and comprehensive service – even after your project is complete. Additional DBA - Robert McHugh's Plumbing Inc. Additional contact name - Bob McHugh....

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

plumbers (754)drain cleaning (128)water heaters (62)sewer cleaning (38)well & water pump repair (20)appliance repair (20)home remodeling (18)gas leak repair (14)drain pipe installation (13)basement waterproofing (11)tile installation (7)septic tank service (6)

03/27/2022

Gary B.

I can't say enough about the excellent service I received from McHugh's Plumbing. Bob returned my initial call promptly and gave me an estimated time of arrival for the next day. He talked me through how to shut down the faucet without having to turn off the water supply to the entire house. I greatly appreciated this extra effort. The next day when he was delayed, he texted me and gave me a revised time. When he arrived at that time, he was very careful not to track dirt into my home. His work was efficient and professional. He even dismantled the assembly after the first attempt to find and correct a very small leak. He left the shower stall clean. I was very happy with the completed work. Bob is very courteous, polite and friendly. He was very pleasant when answering all of my questions. The cost of the project was very reasonable. I highly recommend McHugh's Plumbing.

Description of Work
Replace shower faucet and cartridge

Work Completed On 03/26/2022

01/07/2022

Linda G.

Bob did a fantastic job and is an excellent communicator. He went above and beyond as far as I’m concerned. This guy is definitely my plumber from now on!

Description of Work
Replace shut off valves / Replace toilet / Install Frost free faucets

Work Completed On 01/06/2022

12/28/2021

Marie G.

Team arrived and resolved issue in no time. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
yes. snaked a bathtub

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/01/2022

09/02/2021

Raymond H.

Went very well, Bob came on time, explained what was needed and possible options. Worked efficiently, checked everything and cleaned up before he left. Cost was competitive.

Description of Work
1. Faucet install provided by customer. 2. Shut off valves in new hoses for both sink and toilet. Also replacement of toilet inside guts

Work Completed On 09/03/2021

06/15/2021

Diane R.

When I told Bob what we wanted done, he listened and made recommendations as to what we should have done. I never felt pressured and was grateful to have a professional advise me. Bob also stayed in communication during the whole process. Workers were very considerate and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Faucets replaced, bathroom vanity installed, brought water heater up to code.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

05/26/2021

Fred L.

Everything went perfect..Bob is a professional, and his work reflects that. I will need plumbing done in the future, and Bob will get the job.

Description of Work
main water valve

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

05/07/2021

Thomas C.

Bob and his team did an excellent job! Quick response especially since water in the basement could have been a real issue. Very happy with this company.

Description of Work
Sump pump replacement

Category appliance repair, wells

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

Thank you very much for the business! We appreciate it. Glad you’re happy, we will see you in the next one! Bob Mchugh

05/05/2021

patricia W.

Bob and his team were polite and skilled. Came out on Tuesday provided estimate, job completed on Wednesday.

Description of Work
dishwasher install

Work Completed On 05/06/2021

Thank you for your business! And glad your satisfied with the service. Bob Mchugh

04/19/2021

Steve W.

I found Bob McHugh's plumbing service through Angie's List. I've work with Bob multiple times over the past handful of years, from repairing leaking pipes to bathroom upgrades. Bob and his crew do good work and Bob, as the owner, has checked every job or called to make sure all went well. Currently, we're upgrading two bathrooms in our 1941 house, even replacing a 1941 toilet. Bob came in advance of the work to understand the work to be done and the schedule, has been very accommodating on schedule, has checked on the work done by his crew, is very attentive to detail, and, best, he knows what he's doing. His rates are reasonable. I can't recommend McHugh's enough.

Description of Work
Bathroom upgrades, pipe repairs, and more

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/16/2021

04/01/2021

ANTHONY V.

McHugh’s Plumbing saved the day again. McHugh’s Plumbing is the best in the business for basic and the most complex prompt plumbing work at a fair and reasonable price. We have used McHugh’s Plumbing for several years on the complex plumbing problems that can happen with an older house. We have been able to relax on plumbing issues (focus on other things rather than plumbing) because of McHugh’s saving the day with reliable, outstanding, prompt, and efficient results at a fair and reasonable price. McHugh's is a family business where all of their staff have years of experience and expertise on all plumbing issues with outstanding capabilities. They do things the right way every time. For them, the most complex plumbing challenge is basic and routine.

Description of Work
Sink fixture replacement with commercial grade fixture; drain cleaning; replacement of eroded key and vital steel plumbing pipe in older house; and replacement of interior toilet fixture. McHugh’s Plumbing also spotted and corrected some minor problems that would have developed into major problems and major expense if not caught early. Thanks to McHugh’s Plumbing!

Category appliance repair, plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

01/27/2021

Claire M.

Very well. The people were all professional, they replaced the float valve that didn't work in the new tank. I liked the fact each person identified themselves when they came in. I also got a follow up call to make sure everything was working. I will use them again and I will get their estimate on a bath remodeling job this spring.

Description of Work
Replaced my toilet

Work Completed On 01/21/2021

01/24/2021

Danielle P.

I had called many other plumbers to get quotes on the job and McHugh Plumbing had the best price and was also able to explain what the job would consist of. Fantastic service that was very efficient. I called at 8:00 p.m. and the toilet was fixed by 10:45 a.m. the following day. He was very willing to work with me on the time of the appointment that worked best for me. I couldn’t have asked for better service!

Description of Work
I had a toothbrush flushed down the toilet that was stuck and was causing blockage

Work Completed On 01/24/2021

01/14/2021

Nafia M.

plumbing done under sink in kitchen

Description of Work
Matt Grano and coworker were professional, came on time, explained stuff to me, any material he need he had on his truck, and when they left they cleaned up. If I have anymore plumbing issue I’m calling them back.

Work Completed On 01/07/1970

01/08/2021

Elizabeth M.

Bob was incredibly responsive and was able to do some troubleshooting over the phone prior to arriving at the house. It was a relief that he understood the water pumping system/heat system for our family room that ran off the hot water tank and was able to provide a solution since we don’t use the system. The main issue was replacing the water heater. The technician he sent the next day for removal and installation of the new water heater was just as professional as Bob and did a great job. We are very pleased with the responsiveness, professionalism and communication from Bob. We did end up getting two other quotes and McHugh was slightly more expensive. I was happy to pay the additional amount and hire McHugh for the excellent service they provided.

Description of Work
New water heater

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

01/06/2021

John M.

It couldn't have gone better. From an immediate response to fast and professional service, it was exactly what I needed. I very highly recommend Bob McHugh and his company.

Description of Work
Hot water heater. Pressure Reducing valve. Main water shutoff valve

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

Thank you! Happy I was able to earn your business and get the job done. Much appreciated! Bob Mchugh McHughs Plumbing

12/30/2020

Michael D.

Bob was amazing. We had some old faucets for shower and tub that needed replacement or maintenance and Bob was extremely helpful in guiding us through the options. Not afraid to give his opinion but willing to explain why. He was flexible with scheduling and resourceful to get the job done on 100 year old plumbing. Very happy with his communication and the work and will call him again. Also this review is post the work done and it has held up very well.

Description of Work
Plumbing

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

11/08/2020

A P.

Very well Very kind and worked with our schedule to arrange a convenient time

Description of Work
Snaking a bathtub

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

10/28/2020

Michaiah C.

Needed to replace a leaking Pressure Regulating Valve and Expansion Tank

Description of Work
Bob was responsive and accommodated us into his already busy schedule, communicating throughout. He was able to diagnose the problem with photos and a description and arrived with all the necessary parts and even potentially necessary parts. Work was completed timely and he explained what was done, answered all of our questions, including a walk-through of our new home. Finally, he took time to give us a quote for other work we were considering. We were more than satisfied with the service and relieved that our problem was fixed. We will definitely call Bob and McHugh’s Plumbing in the future.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you. I appreciate your business and look forward to Assisting you again! Bob Mchugh

10/06/2020

DEBRA G.

We had a problem with outdoor faucets that a couple of highly skilled problem solving handymen could not resolve in the past. McHugh's plumbing took care of this and these faucets are finally useful and working great. Plus the plumber and assistant communicated clearly what they were doing and were pleasant while here, wore masks the entire time.

Description of Work
Plumbing

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

Thank you! We appreciate your business! And thank you for the report. Bob Mchugh McHughs Plumbing

09/09/2020

Matt H.

When the original appointment was set, I was told it was a very light day and there should be no problem getting someone out to my home by 11am. At noon I texted the plumber and he called back and said he would have a better idea of when they would be able to get to me in 30-40 minutes. At 4pm I received a text saying he was sorry it didn't work out today. I still need a plumber and I'm not sure who to turn to now.

Description of Work
Water filter install

Category water softeners

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

When the customer called originally, I listened to his request and gave him advise on purchasing a reverse osmosis filter system. We discussed the project and I told him that R.O systems generally take 3-4 hrs to install. He called me back once he purchased the filter and we scheduled the appointment. Never in our conversation did I tell him we had a light day. In fact I am lucky enough to never have light work days! The appointment we scheduled was after 11am, per his request. We start at 8am. My service man show up at jobs, evaluate them and perform repairs. We don’t have a set schedule nor do we know how long we may be at a call. If the customer isn’t scheduled for first visit of the day, unfortunately we have no way of telling them an exact arrival time - we give window times and updates if we are running behind. I did so in fact call and inform [Member Name Removed] that my crew was involved in a bigger repair then planned and I would keep him posted. Later afternoon I informed him that we would not have enough time to install the filter system based on the time that Day. I offered to come the following day, I also offered to come that Saturday at no additional cost. He said “he’s in sales and he would have to check his schedule”. Then I see an “F” report. I did my part to keep the customer informed and made an offer to then work around him. I can’t do any more then I did. It would have been simple to just rework a time and get the job done. Bob Mchugh McHughs Plumbing Inc

08/17/2020

Kathleen D.

Owner of company came quickly to look at the problem and provide an estimate. He explained everything that would be done and the warranties on the new water heater and his work. He was able to replace the water heater a few hours later. I was very pleased with the service and clean up.

Description of Work
Water Heaters

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

08/15/2020

Catherine R.

The owner, Bob, was very thorough in his inspection. His workers did a great job. We would hire them again.

Description of Work
Several jobs in all areas of the house: kitchen and 3 bathrooms needed repairs.

Work Completed On 08/14/2020