Eagle Landscaping Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 1997

2020 Super Service Award winner! Previous years awarded: 1999, 2003, 2009-2019. 6-8 employees. Uses subs for irrigation & electrical work. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask for details on service fees.

Stonework Waterfall and Landscape Plantings_Cleveland BotanicalOutoor Kitchen Patio Pergolas and Landscaping_Shaker HeightsOutdoor Kitchen_Shaker Heights

lawn & landscaping (210)hardscaping (77)decks & porches (42)drain pipe installation (32)mulch delivering (28)stone & gravel (27)Patios (26)lawn care (24)tree service (13)masonry (13)lighting (7)outdoor kitchens (3)

10/23/2021

Mike H.

Awesome design and execution. Would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Front Yard Landscaping

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

10/12/2021

Robert R.

It went very well they were prompt they were flexible they were on time I am very very much happy with their service and I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
Build a Double Deck and Landscaping

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

08/25/2021

Paul R.

Eagle landscaping removed my old fence and put up my new fence in no time. Quality work and professional service. This is the second time they did work for us. I will use them again.

Description of Work
install fence

Category fencing

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

08/19/2021

Jeffrey W.

John, the owner of Eagle Landscaping, provided us with a complete service for all aspects of our yard and landscaping for our new home in Mentor. He helped us design a composite deck, patios in the front and back yards, paver driveway extensions and front entrance as well as landscaping that included perennial beds and a lawn. He also recommended an experienced irrigation company. We had several drainage issues with our property, and John worked very hard with his crew to solve all of them. John listened to what we wanted for our new home's landscaping and developed a plan that actually exceeded our expectations. We are very pleased with the final results and have received many compliments from our neighbors and family. The crew of Eagle Landscaping is hard-working and respectful of the homeowners. They were with us for almost two months in all kinds of weather. We admired their attention to detail and their reliability every day of the project.

Description of Work
a deck and two patios built along with complete landscaping and lawn on a new home site

Category decks, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios

Work Completed On 08/19/2021

Review for Eagle Landscaping Inc - PO Box 205, Chesterland, OH - 39446012

05/14/2021

tom E.

requested quote via Angi website. no response. called a week later and left message requesting someone to contact me. no one ever contacted me by phone or email

Description of Work
lawn renovation

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

Unfortunately I have had 15-20 calls from various advertisements and Angie’s list posts a day. I do not service Parma and if you see my service area parma is not one of them. I am located in kirtland. Sorry about that.

10/23/2020

Kathy R.

Very well - I’m very happy with the result

Description of Work
Redoing brick patio

Category patios

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

10/21/2020

Sara B.

Excellent job! John and his crew were extremely hard working and knowledgable about the type of adjustments needed for our backyard. We are very happy with the results and will not hesitate to hire them again for additional yard landscaping.

Description of Work
Landscape, removal of brush and weeds, reseeding, topsoil and mulch

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

10/19/2020

Michele M.

Install stone patio with some landscaping

Description of Work
John did a great job. He exceeded my expectations. He delivered exactly what was promised and was very responsive to my questions from beginning to the end. I would definitely hire eagle landscaping again. I am extremely happy with my new patio!

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

10/19/2020

Jennifer C.

John and his crew were very professional and did an excellent job on both my deck and patio. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New deck and patio

Category decks, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

10/18/2020

bryan P.

Eagle did an awesome job building our deck. We provided some pics of decks with features we like and rough sketch the sizes (the full length house 65'). They designed a great deck to fit our needs, with a 2 tier deck, a sunk in hot tub, 8 stair cases, a breakfast nook, and a deck bar. Rock solid, you could land a helicopter on this. We have gotten many compliments.

Description of Work
We needed a custom deck for a lake view.

Category decks

Work Completed On 10/18/2020

10/18/2020

Bobbie A.

Eagle Landscaping replaced a wooden deck with composite material for decking and an aluminum railing at our home in Mentor in the summer of 2020. The materials were chosen in part because current prices and availability of wood were uncertain. Also, a consideration for us was ease of maintenance after construction. We made our choices with suggestions from John McAuley, owner of Eagle Landscaping at a lumber yard he uses. The material was delivered on time, and the crew began dismantling the existing deck. The crew worked efficiently, with Mcauley on hand to oversee and help. Work was completed within the specified time. The project did not interrupt our usual schedule. We are very pleased with the result and expect to enjoy it this fall and beyond. We would recommend Eagle Landscaping for deck replacement and other similar projects. The Abbeys

Description of Work
deck replacement and upgrade

Category concrete repair, decks

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

Review for Eagle Landscaping Inc - PO Box 205, Chesterland, OH - 38957554

10/16/2020

Barbara D.

We had put this project off for several years due to the complicated nature of needing someone that knew both stonework and woodwork which was a rare skill set to find. Then I remembered friends had suggested Eagle Landscaping a few years ago and John came over to give an estimate a week later. Within a week we had a detailed estimate and 3 weeks later, as promised, started the work ( think I can count on one finger how many times a contractor started anything when promised). I soon learned that John was an old school reliable landscaper, unlike many I have experienced over the years. John had trained his 4 young strong crew members who showed up on time each day when they said they would and worked at the house for about 3 days. John and his crew were all amazing. They got right to work, power washed, numbered each stone and moved each keeping the original foot print - clearly this was a crew that had done this work many times before. Than with surveying equipment (I think) leveled the ground which had sunk significantly in places. The cracked stones were cut and reused, if possible, and a few new ones added. John made sure that the adjoining steps leading off the patio, one going up and another going down, were aligned properly to the raised patio. Then the patio team mulched the beds, surrounding the patio then somehow raised the shed so it was now a little higher than the patio and you can’t see any demarcation and built new doors for the shed! I felt like I was on an HGTV before and after show it happened so fast and looked so great! We didn’t use the patio much before because of the sunken stones that had standing water and accumulated moss and weeds in the low places with the adjoining beds washimg dirt onto it in rain storms, so it was an eyesore and not a functional or attractive space. After screening was added between the stones, the patio is level and does not retain water and my husband and I couldn’t be happier! My husband now thinks it’s the perfect spot for a hammock. They did such a great job and finished so quickly, I asked if they had time to add stepping stones to the side yard to create a flat smooth surface when entering the gate. He suggested square concrete pavers with pea gravel and it was completed 2 days later, perfectly level and looks fantastic! I’ve seen the concrete pavers in various pictures and garden shows and love that look, but I didn’t know much else and apparently they are easily assessable and affordable here’s and they look fabulous! Finally we have a nice flat level entrance by the gate so we can now use a wheelbarrow do you mulch and plants in to the backyard. And if that wasn’t enough, John‘s team leveled stones on the main patio and fixed a wooden gate and plans on leveling my fountain. John and his team knew exactly what was needed, came fully prepared, got right to business each day, were all very professional and work site was always neat. John was there everyday directing the crew. From the beginning to end, John took care of everything and made the whole process so smooth. I’ve had more than my share of sloppy incompetent contractors so it’s so nice to have someone that is professional and knowledgeable about all aspects of a yard with a good crew. And what a find to have someone with a good eye for landscaping and design, stone patios and woodworking! I’m already planning a few other projects for John and his crew to do! Thanks John! And I’ll add pictures in the next few days.

Description of Work
An 60+ year old sandstone patio had seen better days - it was sunken and was unlevel causing water to not drain properly and several stones were cracked. Also a large shed attached to the house and adjoining the patio had sunken and doors were warped and rotting.

Category woodworking, patios

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

10/13/2020

Sara B.

Fantastic! We could not have asked for a better outcome. John and his crew were always working hard and answered any questions we had during the process. We finally have the backyard we envisioned. They have been great about following up with the project to ensure grass growth and giving helpful tips for success. We will be sure to hire them again!

Description of Work
Removal of brush/weeds, Reseeding of lawn area, and mulch application

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

10/13/2020

Kelly D.

This was the third landscape project we entrusted to Eagle Landscaping. John McCauley and his crew are true professionals and pay attention to the details. Following John's site visits and preparation of a detailed plan, the project involved raising the grade for the paver base, pouring footers for the fireplace, custom stone firewood boxes and stone column wraps and installing same. They also took care of relocating a tree, adding privacy trees, planting groundcover plants surrounding the project and repairing the yard. Eagle Landscaping places tremendous pride in its work, and the outcome far exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Installation of Unilock paver patio and fireplace

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

10/12/2020

Pat S.

John does a great job, This was the second time we had him do work at our house, and he always delivers with a great end product. His team was very courteous and cleaned everything when they were done with the job. We received a lot of compliments from neighbors on how great all the new landscaping looked.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 05/17/2020

10/12/2020

Paul R.

Excellent job. Drain is working. Done on time and fast. Reasonable price. Great communication during the project. Will hire again.

Description of Work
backyard drainage and grass replanting

Category landscaping, drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/11/2020

Matthew G.

John was very professional, provided a good drawing of how my deck was going to look and got started right away. It was a difficult job, being built over the edge of a steep hill, but he and his crew (which he supervised the whole time) got the deck up in short order. I’m looking forward to having him do some landscape design in the near future, so I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Deck built.

Category decks

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

Review for Eagle Landscaping Inc - PO Box 205, Chesterland, OH - 38939870

Darlene T.

Best home remodeling decision ever made. From start to finish John was friendly and professional. His team was great. The end result is a beautiful patio with a fire pit and great landscaping. Completed just in time for the warm weather while were home social distancing. We used it all summer and now can use the fire pit on cool evenings.

Description of Work
Deck torn out and Patio built in place

Category decks, landscaping, mulch, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/10/2020

Paul W.

John and his crew did an awesome job. Great constant communication and excellent choices in planting choices. Guys even put some cut hydrangeas in a vase for me after pruning my existing bushes. Cleaned up the areas well after work completed

Description of Work
General pruning, replacement of dead trees, moved some existing plantings around, planting new plant material, mulching and edging

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

Anthony S.

John came highly recommended from a good friend of mine. He returned my phone call, showed up when he said he would, gave me a great price and got the job done when he said he would. I’m super happy with the work and will definitely be using Eagle Landscaping again in the future.

Description of Work
Backyard clearing/grading/grass seeding

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

09/11/2020

Greg B.

Never contacted me after several attempts

Description of Work
Needed driveway bushes removed so I could put in a fence.

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

Hello It has been a very busy summer. Getting 10 calls and messages a night. I try to return every call. I do not do appliance repair so I might have missed this. I do landscape renovation and no maintenance. If you need landscape help I would be glad to give you a call. If you want to messsage me. Sorry about that.

11/04/2019

Robert B.

Went great. John quickly prepared a plan and his team began the job promptly after plan approval. They finished the job in the time promised, and the work looks great. John returned to give advice on Fall maintenance of the new plants, as well as give advice on what to do in the Spring. Very professional, knowledgeable and responsive. Would definitely use them again. Bob - Aurora, OH

Description of Work
site preparation, drain pipe installed and connected to downspout, new plantings, stone installation

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/15/2019