Chagrin Valley Pest Control

Founded 1935 • With Angi since May 2006

18824 Thorpe Rd

Chagrin Falls, OH 44023

We provide pest control service for ants, bees, wasps, yellowjackets, hornets, mice, spiders, rats, moles, carpenter bees, carpenter ants. , Guaranteed or it's Free. 3rd Generation Family owned & operated. 24-Hour, 7-Day emergency wasp break through Service, Same day exterminating and pest control.

03/18/2018

MARY V.

I called and left a message. They never called back. Their telephone greeting says that they will call back and "if you know (the company) you know they will call you back" I called them on 3/13/18 and as of 3/17/18, no response - not even a courtesy call.

Description of Work
Needed someone to check my attic for mice or ?, bad odor and heard noises.

Category pest control

Thank you. We never received any calls from you. We immediately return every call. All calls are logged and double checked. We have no record of a call from you. You must have called someone else.

07/26/2017

David B.

Ryan came out the same day and removed it. He informed my wife what type of hornets we had (bald faced), and suggestedd we look it up on the internet to learn more about them. Ryan was professional and courteous on the phone (he really does call right back as his message states), and was just as professional and courteous when he arrived at the house. I would absolutely use CVPC again and would recommend this company to others needing pest control services. The price was reasonable considering the potential dangers of trying to remove it myself. Most websites pertaining to DIY removal, advise against doing so, and suggest calling a professional. The likelihood of being stung multiple times is high, so rather than go through the pain and possible emergency room visit, I took the advice and called a professional. CVPC is local (for us), and is a family owned, long standing company with great reviews.

Description of Work
Hornet nest removal (about the size of a basketball)

07/20/2017

nelson M.

I called, having used this company in the past. Ryan answered promptly and came out the same day. He did a free quick house inspection and then removed the nest. He was courteous, professional, efficient, and took care of the problem, including caution that any hornet's which weren't in the nest could be hovering around a few days. I was very concerned about someone getting stung since the nest was so close to the driveway and at eye level so I was quite relieved and grateful to have it taken care of the same day!

Description of Work
I discovered a large hornet's nest very close to my driveway. .

08/10/2016

Kelly H.

We've had CVPC out for three years and they have been on-time and professional. If we have noticed further pest activity in the 3 month period of getting home sprayed, they have come and re-sprayed. They are a bit on the pricey end, but not much other competition around to drive price down.

Description of Work
Routine spraying of house for bugs, especially yellow jackets.

08/09/2016

David B.

Went as scheduled. Since I have been using Chagrin Valley Pest Control, my home exterior stays so clean and free of bug residues, webs, insect and spiders. I actually do less power washing of insect by products. Wish I used their excellent service so much earlier. Great job and service from these guys!

Description of Work
Quarterly pest (insect) control

06/01/2016

Jason R.

I think their service is fantastic but I have trouble scheduling appointments with them. We've been using them for several years.

Description of Work
They provided pest control services.

04/02/2016

Daniel C.

Service was great, guy who came out was very professional, knowledge, and helpful. As other reviewers have said, they are a bit pricey, but I get like it was worth the additional cost.

Description of Work
Inspected and treated home, baited traps for mice in basement and garage, sealed point of entry for mice

11/23/2015

Erin P.

Ryan has treated our new house for mice and wasps. He is knowledgeable, always prompt and courteous. All of their work is warrantied, so if they have to come back to recheck something you already paid for, it's free. I highly recommend Chagrin Valley Pest Control.

Description of Work
Ryan came to recheck our mouse bait stations, because we had seen some more mouse activity. He walked through every level of the house to check all of the stations previously set.

08/20/2015

Michael P.

They were amazing. He called back within MINUTES of receiving my call and was able to work me in that day. He changed his schedule (pushed things out) to make it work. He was extremely professional and polite during the inspection. I used this company a second time and had them complete the spraying/treatment that they recommended in the pest inspection. Again, the call back was right away and I was able to set it up for that week. I also love the fact that they email you all your info (report, receipt,etc) the day that the services have been completed. Worth every penny.

Description of Work
Pest Inspection for VA loan

08/15/2015

nelson M.

Service was great. I discovered a yellow jacket nest in a low stone wall by our driveway entrance. The entrance was sideways into the wall and the wall is not cemented, just flat stones arranged into a wall, so I did not see an easy way to eliminate the nest. I called and had a call back within the hour. Ryan came over the same day, exactly when he said he would. He treated the nest with some fogger and then some dust. He warned me to stay away from the nest since the wasps which were coming back to the nest were mad. By evening they were all gone and I haven't seen any for the past 3 days. The service comes with a one month guarantee. Ryan was professional, friendly and made it clear that there is a one month guarantee on the work and I should not hesitate to call if the nest needs a repeat treatment. All in all I was very satisfied and will use them again. It is hard for me to evaluate price but $200 did seem a little high considering it only took a short time to spray the nest. I used the same company in 2009 to treat a yellow jacket nest and it cost $108.

Description of Work
exterminated yellow jacket nest in stone wall

05/11/2015

Kelly M.

I have used this company in the past and although I found them to be expensive they were prompt and did exactly what was requested. I called to have preventative exterior treatment to my house and after declining a quarterly contract of $250, they never called back. I left two more messages and still no return call. I would avoid this company because they are trying to sell customers a $1,000 contract that is probably unnecessary for most and declining the work if they don't get the contract. Thanks to Angie's list, I will find a new exterminator.

Description of Work
Did not show up or call back.

Category pest control

Thank you for your previous business. We track and record all calls. Your calls were returned, we left messages for you. Our system has your voice recorded acknowledging our call back. We are sorry you were not available to take our calls. The rate you were quoted for service is the same rate we charged you in June of 2013 almost 2 years ago. If you don't answer your telephone there's no way we can schedule service at your house. We wish you good luck with your new service provider.

04/27/2015

James L.

We were very well satisfied and they assured us if there was a resurgence for the problem, that they would come back at no cost. It turned out it was taken care of so we didn't have to have them back. I was not here my husband handled that but he thought that they were good and explained things and knew what was going on. He was well satisfied and I know that he didn't complain about sitting here for 2 hours waiting for them. We found them through Angie's List. This is a relatively small job of a couple of bees nests so we didn't get any estimate or anything. We just had them come out and treat it. They were effective and as I said my husband seemed well satisfied.

Description of Work
That was last summer over a bee issue. We had some nests on our front porch.

03/19/2015

Lorraine K.

Nate who claimed to be a supervisor was fine to deal with when I first called for quote. Two hours later, I received a call back and he told me my house would be $250 for each treatment!!! I was floored to say the least. I asked him if he was sure he did not miscalculate as Terminex was $65 per treatment and Orkin was $85. He was then rude and said in a demeaning tone, "Mam, that's our price, take it or leave it!" I then told home if his calculations were correct, I would pay $1000 a year to keep spiders out on just one of my homes. He replied, "No one else has an issue paying this way". I told him I liv in a 2600 sq foot house and his price was not possible. I asked to talk to his supervisor. He said no one was there... I asked to have someone call me and he hung up on me. I was shocked beyond belief. I never write bad reviews but you need to know that Nate is unrealistic and apparently is price gouging his customers. I did not even ask what they wanted for my rental. I'm shocked. They have a nice website and thought they looked like good people but clearly they never make mistakes and charge WAY too much. I suggest getting multiple estimates if you plan on hiring them, as you too will see the huge difference between companies. The way I was treated was just insane. Nate needs to lean math and manners.

Description of Work
Gave unbelievable, irrational quote by never coming to my property. I only wanted exterior general preventive pest control. Nothing fancy 4 times a year. I also asked for a quote on a rental property I own. I had pest control for many years and never did a trip out cost more than $85.00 This place wasted $250 for only one of my houses.

Category pest control

Thank you for the opportunity to quote your pest control and for your feedback. We listened to the nasty voice mail message you left after you hung up on us. Our pest control service is not the average service. We don't claim to be the cheapest, just the best with a 100% money back guarantee. If you are looking for a low price I'm sure you can find companies with quotes for annual service of $250 total for the year, that is $50 per quarter for both of your homes . The complaints you voiced to us about your terrible experiences with pest control providers you used in the past only prove that price is not necessarily the best way to choose a pest control or any other service provider. You have a large home over 5000 square feet on a large wooded lot. We are a 3rd generation family of pest control experts. We pride ourselves on giving good value for the price we charge. You are entitled to your opinion. I wish you good luck in finding someone that can satisfy your needs with a price you can afford. "There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man’s lawful prey." (John Ruskin

02/25/2015

Joyce B.

Were professional and friendly, came approximately one hour after being called, have not seen recurrence of problem.

Description of Work
Add additional sealing to exterior of home, lay poison down for mice problem.

09/06/2014

David B.

Called 8/18/2014 went into their voicemail stated they would return the call, due to the fact they were helping someone else with their problem. They returned my call in about 20 minutes or so! Could not promise to come out that day or the next but should be out within the two days. Not a problem on my end, I just wanted to get rid of these since they were by the drive and sidewalk in a hedge leading up to the front door of my house. Ends up they called the next day and were on the way. They crew got here got to work vacuuming up the yellow jackets (as they are sent to a lab where vaccines are produced). The remaining yellow jackets received a healthy dose of smoke and dust at the nest site. There were several hundred here. The buzzing continued to occur for about 4 days or so but minimal activity. I am very happy to say today these buggers are gone. They did say they would come back and retreat the area after 2 weeks if activity still occurred and my treatment was guaranteed for 3 months. Happy to say, I have not needed to call them back, Great job done!

Description of Work
Yellow jacket nest needed help getting rid of these

Category pest control, house cleaning

08/20/2014

Harish M.

Called to get an estimate which was to be emailed, never got it and called two more times and still haven't gotten it. Only chose them because of prior reviews.

Description of Work
Estimate

08/07/2014

MARCIA C.

I called Chagrin Valley Pest Control and told them about my problem. They said they would try to get out that day or definitely tomorrow. They arrived a few hours later! Turns out I had a very large nest and they used two dustbuster-type machines to suck the bees out. They keep the bees alive and send them off to be used in making vaccine for those allergic to bee stings. I thought that was pretty cool. There is no sign of bee activity 24 hours later. Since they were at my house, I also decided to have them do a maintenance/preventative spray around the house. They were very professional and friendly. Will definitely continue to use them.

Description of Work
Remove bees from underground landing of front entrance to my home.

07/15/2014

Marleen C.

The appointment was arranged by my realtor. I was not given a time when they would arrive until 10 min before they were coming. There were 3 inspectors. While I handled the initial meet and greet with Ryan, 2 others went into the back of my yard to inspect outside and the garage. Ryan started the interior inspection in the basement and me and my kids followed. By the time he was through with the basement the 2 others were done outside. The 3 then continued the interior inspection. I stayed in the basement to stay out of their way. After they were done ~10min later he said it was a pretty clean home but they did spot one carpenter ant outside of my garage. If I wanted them to treat right now I could save some money because they were already on the premises. If they had to come back at a later time, it would cost more. When I asked to see the ant(s) Ryan replied "They're live ants, they move around." When I pressed the issue Ryan stormed out of my house, nearly took off my storm door to bring back one of the guys who had done the exterior inspection. He could not show me any live ants, any proof that he had seen them, any ant colony or any damage they had done. I did pay them for the inspection but did not sign off on the paperwork. I plan to call them this morning and hope to resolve this issue.

Description of Work
Pest inspection required by VA loan applicant for point of sale

Category pest control, house cleaning

Nate and Norman found the ant by the watersoaked rotten wood window frame area shown to you on your garage. The guys tried to explain that ants move especially when there is a torrential downpour of rain as there was during your inspection. Ants travel and forage and drop off of the trees and vegetation that you have in contact with your garage. Ryan is third generation in our family business and we resent your insinuations. We were only trying to help you avoid another service charge and a delay on the closing of the sale of your home because your buyer's va lender will require treatment for carpenter ants as they should. We are refunding your inspection fee.

06/12/2014

TODD S.

We have a lot of carpenter bees putting holes in the wood siding of our home and also have seen some carpenter ants around the house. I called Chagrin Valley Pest Control after reading good reviews on Angie's List. I was given a quote and the terms of the service was explained. I thought the price was a little high but since they will return to re-treat at no additional cost for 3 months it seemed reasonable for our wooded location, and quarterly treatments would be at a discounted rate. They happened to be in our area so they arrived within 2 hours of my phone call. They were very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable about the problem we were dealing with. I would use them again and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Treat house for carpenter bees and carpenter ants.

05/16/2014

David M.

Chagrin Valley Pest Control did a fantastic job the first time they came out. They've come out before to get rid of a bee's nest from underneath some siding in my house. He knew what he was doing and was quick. The guy that came out the second time, to get rid of some carpenter bees, wasn't quite as good. But they know what they're doing, they show up on time and they're very responsive.

Description of Work
They got rid of some carpenter bees in my home.

05/02/2014

Sharon K.

We shall see if the ants are gone in two weeks. They said there would be an increase in activity initially. So I guess I will have to do a follow up. It was EXPENSIVE, but if it works, good. If the ants are seen again within three months the guys will return and do something else to get rid of them. The reason I felt okay about spending so much for what seemed to be little work is that I have had these guys many times before - for bees and yellow jackets. They have gotten rid of them every time. The few rare times when I have had to have them back they respond promptly and get rid of them the second time. So they have a great track record for me.

Description of Work
We had pavement ants in the house in several rooms. They used a bait (gel) that is not visible, or harmful to pets/humans. It took about 5 minutes to do the treatment.

04/20/2014

Jason K.

Easy to schedule and pay, report was good but not as thorough as it could have been.

Description of Work
Pest Inspection

Category pest control

Angie's list has the wrong provider listed we have never serviced your home.

04/03/2014

Stephen T D.

We had multiple nests in our shed and on our deck. They had to come back for a second application and they did that free of charge. They were very informative, answered all of my concerns and questions about my pet being affected. I would recommend them!

Description of Work
They came out to spray for bees and hornets.

02/13/2014

Laurie G.

Showed up on time. I was able to meet them on my lunch hour and they worked very quickly and efficiently.

01/24/2014

MIKE J.

They are prompt, pleasant, and do a good job. They offer a good price. They were great!

Description of Work
They have come out a couple of times for pest control services.

Lawn Doctor

Give yourself the lawn of your dreams with a hand from your local lawn service experts. For nearly 50 years, Lawn Doctor's experts have been helping homeowners achieve greener, healthier grass. By using superior materials, relying on exclusive equipment, and customizing one-of-a-kind lawn service plans for every client, we give your grass exactly what it needs to thrive. The result? A lush, thick lawn that you and your family will fall in love with. If you're not 100% satisfied, we'll make it right. It's that simple.

Genuine Cleaners LLC

Specializing in home and office cleaning

2022 Super Service Award

Advanced Exterminating

****PLEASE CALL (216) 798-9619 TO RECEIVE IMMEDIATE SERVICE****Advanced Exterminating Co. is Northeast Ohio's premier pest control service with local technicians who are trained and experienced to serve your needs. We strive to go above and beyond for our clients and believe the job isn't done until you are fully satisfied. We eliminate Bees, Wasps, Hornets, Ants, Fleas, Bed Bugs, Spiders, Centipedes, Mice & Other Rodents. Don't see your "pest" listed here? Call us to see if we can get it under control. We are VA FAK licensed for real estate inspections and are licensed through the Dept of Agriculture. For quality pest control services at an affordable price - look no further than Advanced Exterminating Co. Call us today! (216) 798-9619

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

, moles, insect, rodent, hornet, bee & wasp pest control, ants, spiders, mice , seed bugs, stink bugs, seasonal pest control, quarterly and monthly maintenance for ants, bees, wasps, yellow jackets, rats, ladybugs, carpenter bees, carpenter ants, pillbugs, sow bugs, millipedes, bumble bees, cockroaches, crickets, earwigs, pavement ants, 24hr wasp break thru service

bedbugs, animal removal, ticks, fleas, moths, wdi inspections, termites