CHAGRIN VALLEY PAVING INC

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 2003

4.3

17290 MUNN RD

Chagrin Falls, OH 44023

COMMERCIAL ONLY IN LAKEWOOD, PARMA, SHAKER HEIGHTS, UNIVERSITY HEIGHT & CLEVELAND HEIGHTS. ...

09/10/2014

david D.

Description of Work
Paved my drive and repaired several soft spots.

09/20/2012

william T.

We had 3 different companies come in and bid. We were looking for quality and experience....Price was not the prime factor. We selected Chargin Valley Paving because of their Angies rating, not their price(they were not the cheapest). The person doing their estimate felt it should be a basic job and that they would slope the surface like our old driveway(it's not severe,but, it does need to be taken into consideration). Weather held up the process, but once they started it was completed in 2 days. The 2 crews (tear out & surfacing) were courteous. All was well for the first few weeks.........until it rained!!!! There was 1 stream coming toward our house foundation, 2 streams into our garage and 1 into our garage foundation. Heavier rains mean really serious water flow. With the new drive, I'm required to dam the affected areas with the threat of rain..........and remove the dams after. When this all began, I called(on his cell) the supervisor, Brian Cave and left numerous messages. I never got a response. I called the business office and asked to speak with the owner, Paul Phillips a number of times(no voicemail, Sandra or another lady took the message). Still no response( my last call was about 2-3 weeks ago). I sent a message on their email site. and I faxed a letter to Paul Phillips. I didn't do certified mail............would that have done the trick? We're still having the water drainage problem.........but now, it appears areas of the surface of the drive is breaking off, producing gravel.

Description of Work
1) tear out and remove old driveway 2) grade and install limestone as required 3) pave and roll applied asphalt 4) hand tamp edges to 45 degree angle

02/21/2012

Frederick H.

They did a great job. They gave me a very thick driveway. I was concerned because some neighbors had used them and had problems with the size of their driveway. They gave me a warranty, and there were no problems.

Description of Work
They resurfaced my whole 100-foot driveway.

09/25/2010

ROBERT V.

Quick professional quote

Description of Work
Driveway sealcoating quote $475 for 3,286 sq ft driveway, first time seal of driveway they installed two years ago.

05/03/2010

CAROL A.

I was very pleased with the overall process. They came out for an estimate in about a week of my original call. We were provided three different quotes and Paul explained each one thoroughly. We choose the highest quote since we wanted the 4" depth. We were first scheduled with a tentative time in early May. Paul called and asked if he could start the work early. He wanted to start on a Friday. I indicated to Paul that we planning on company over the weekend and asked if we could defer. He graciously agreed. Chagrin Valley Paving started the work on a Monday and finished on a Tuesday. They did a great job!!! You would have never known the company had been working at our house except for the beautiful new driveway. They cleaned the site thoroughly. Brian from Chagrin Valley Paving stayed in touch constantly and informed me all along the way about the progress of the job. I did not expect these updates but they were greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend them!!!

Description of Work
Tore out and replaced existing driveway and parking areas (approx 1900 ft). Regraded remaining grave to remove debris and develop surface for water management. Installed and graded with additional limestone to provide a solid base. Rolled stone to compaction. Paved all areas with 2 and 1/2 inch base asphalt and rolled to compaction. Paved same area with a second course for a total depth of 4 inches. Rolled to a finish compaction and hand tamp edges to a 45 degree angle.

08/13/2008

DANA G.

They were very good at the job. They showed up on time and finished in a timely manner. I would recommend them to anyone who needs the service. The price was a little high.

Description of Work
The company removed the old driveway and laid a new one.

11/19/2007

Marci B.

They arrived on schedule and worked quickly and cleanly. The crew was pleasant & professional. Calls & questions were answered promptly. The job went exactly as the estimator had described, which was unusual, in my opinion. In the course of removing the existing driveway, we discovered that the drainage pipe underneath had collapsed. They charged us time & materials for the new pipe, and it actually added less than we would have thought. The resulting driveway and parking pad are a joy to use - smooth, nicely finished on the edges, and just what we wanted.

Description of Work
They removed our entire circular driveway & hauled away everything. Then they graded the area and did all the work to put in a new (partial) driveway and parking area.

11/09/2007

SUSAN S.

See above.

Description of Work
I needed to resurface/replace my driveway to comply with city code violation. I asked if drain would be required, and company representative said no. After contract was signed and existing driveway was removed, city inspectors said drain was required. Subcontractor recommended by contractor was consulted and provided me with options that included drain and sump pump. Best option was to run drain across backyard lawn. I did not receive an accurate idea of the amount of excavation needed from subcontractor (required backhoe, 6 x 3 ft trench in yard, compromising roots of neighbor's tree). This caused some distress. The subcontracted excavator did propose a novel solution to the configuration of the pump. The entire process did have an impact on the landscaping and ultimately required me to purchase over 4 yards of topsoil to fix. Still need to reseed lawn. Settling of soil caused cracking of portion of asphalt, which contractor repaired in a timely manner.

05/21/2007

CHARLES K.

The estimate call back was the next day after I called them. The work team was prompt, and the work was done according to specifications in an efficient manner. The bill matched the estimate exactly. They were careful with the apron, garage, yard and plantings, and pitched the driveway appropriately away from the house.

Description of Work
Our 25 yr old driveway was removed and replaced with a new asphalt paved driveway. The preparation also involved replacement of an existing driveway drain near the garage. The company took care of debris removal, grading and necessary permits.

02/11/2007

David S.

We received and estimate at the same time as our neighbor across the street. This company gave both of us a discount to do our respective driveways due to the proximity of the jobs. That was a nice bonus! The driveway looks great and was completed right on time. They even hauled away all of the excess debris from the driveway that existed many years before we bought this house.

Description of Work
Asphalt driveway installed over existing gravel driveway.

09/25/2006

MARVIN W.

Driveway was fairly well done. Parking area does not drain properly. There are also numerous areas which are not level, creating puddles. Repairs they made are really bad. There are two areas where the asphalt is already loose and no longer intact. At this point the owner is never "available" and refuses to do anything except take messages.

Description of Work
Removed old driveway and parking area in front of garage. Repaved with 2 layers of asphalt.

Category excavators, driveway pavers

06/13/2006

MARY L.

All work was done in a timely, craftsmanlike manner. No sealant got on our house, garages or lawn. Even though the costs of supplies skyrocketed after we signed to have the work done, they completed the work for the original amount. Our large driveway looks great.

Description of Work
They filled all the cracks in our driveway and sealed it.

09/02/2005

MARY M.

DID NOT USE COMPANY

Description of Work
CALLED COMPANY AND WAS TOLD THEY DO NOT DO ASPHALT EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE LISTED THIS WAY ON ANGIE'S LIST. ODD.

08/17/2005

MARY L.

THE CREW WAS PROMPT AND NEAT. THERE WAS NO MESS FOR US TO CLEAN-UP UPON COMPLETION. THE PAVING IS FLAT AND PROPERLY SLOPED TO THE DRAINS. ALL WORK WAS DONE IN A CRAFTSMAN LIKE MANNER AND LOOKS GREAT. THEY DID A FIRST CLASS JOB.

Description of Work
REMOVED OUR OLD CONCRETE DRIVE AND EXPANDED AND PAVED A NEW DRIVEWAY WITH ASPHALT.

08/11/2005

PAMELA D.

THE JOB WAS DONE PRETTY WELL, BUT THERE WERE SOME PROBLEMS. THEY CUT MY TELEPHONE LINE AND INVISIBLE FENCE WHEN TEARING OUT THE OLD DRIVEWAY, LEFT ROLLER MARKS IN SEVERAL AREAS AND LEFT TRASH IN YARD. THEY OFFERED TO PUT IN A DRAIN PIPE FOR US, AND THAT WAS DONE VERY WELL. THEY WERE BETTER THAN THE LAST COMPANY WE USED.

Description of Work
REPLACED DRIVEWAY

06/30/2004

LAURIE J.

THEY INDICATED THAT I NEEDED A NEW DRIVEWAY INSTALLED FOR $7000. THE OTHER COMPANIES FELT THEY COULD SIMPLY REPAIR THE DRIVE FOR A MUCH LOWER COST. FELT THEY WERE TRYING TO MAKE WORK FOR THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON MY NEEDS.

Description of Work
CALLED FOR AN ESTIMATE ON REPAVING.

10/14/2003

ARLENE L.

I WENT THROUGH A LOT JUST TO GET A COMPANY WHO WANTED MY BUSINESS. COMPARED TO SEVERAL OTHERS, PAUL PHILLIPS AND HIS CREW FOLLOWED THROUGH NICELY EACH STEP OF THE WAY. HE IS A TRUE "HANDS-ON" BUSINESS OWNER. THEY DID AN EXCELLENT JOB FROM THE ESTIMATION TO COMPLETION OF THE JOB.

Description of Work
COMPLETELY RESURFACED THE 150 FOOT DRIVEWAY. IT REQUIRED DIGGING OUT AND REPLACING SOME AREAS.

Excavation Solutions

We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate today!

The Plumbing Source

For the fastest service please CALL to schedule an appointment or estimate (216-365-0600). As a Multi-Year Super Service Award Winner, The Plumbing Source is TRUST WORTHY, family owned and operated with over 34 years of industry experience. We are much more than a plumbing company because we offer services ranging from PLUMBING, EXCAVATION, HEATING and COOLING, to total BATHROOM REMODELS! We are large enough to serve your needs, while small enough to care about building a relationship. Greg Faustina, the owner, is a master plumber and is actively involved and past officer of PHCC (Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors of Ohio) to exceed quality standards. All employees are uniformed and randomly drug tested. Technicians are trained every two weeks on the latest to ensure you are getting the best service. What sets us apart from our competitors is our AVAILABILITY to our customers (when you call us, you will talk with a live person 24/7), our commitment to use HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS and LABOR, and most importantly….our commitment to our customers! Water damage can ruin a home. Trust our LICENSED, BONDED, INSURED professionals in your home for long lasting results. It is our goal to build a relationship with our customers that will last a lifetime. We would love the opportunity to partner with you and all of your home improvement needs.

Offers by The Plumbing Source on Angi
    TBS Consolidated

We are your one stop shop for all your excavation needs. We specialize in Building Pad installs, Drainage & Culvert Installs, Driveway Installs, Demolition, Hauling Stone & Gravel, Grading, Flat work, and Utilities. Give us a call for your free estimate. We look forward to doing business with you.

Check, Visa, MasterCard
    ASK FOR DETAILS

RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL ASPHALT PAVING, SEAL COATING.