Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc

Founded 1932 • With Angi since June 2003

4.1

188 Solon Rd

Chagrin Falls, OH 44022

80 years strong this year!! Since 1932 Chagrin Pet and Garden, located in Chagrin Falls, Ohio ,has been supplying our customers with the top brand names in outdoor power equipment including John Deere, STIHL, Honda, Scag, Little Wonder, Wright Manufacturing and more. Our parts and service

04/12/2017

Jeff P.

These guys are fantastic. Quick, quality work with professionals who really know what they are doing.

Description of Work
Repair of snowblower

09/30/2015

Mark B.

Description of Work
The provide general home and garden products and services.

10/14/2014

Phil O.

Should think about training staff on product. Don't know much about equipment sales.

Description of Work
Counter service is always bad. Not a great local business. Second generation.

06/23/2014

Christoph r H.

Based on my experiences with 2 of the OWNERS, Chagrin Pet & Garden Supply is not a good place to spend your money. They have no idea of what a good business relationship is. I needed to replace one of my larger Stihl chainsaws so I called some of the area dealerships. I got a really good price from one dealer who is over an hour away so I stopped in Chagrin Pet & Garden Supply to see if they'd match the price. Mike was not able to offer anything other than list price and took down my contact info. Travis - one of the owners - called me back in short order. Not only did he say he'd beat the price by $5, Chagrin Pet & Garden Supply would also give me a sixer of HP Ultra oil. The only catch was that I had to provide a written quote from the other dealer. While on that call, I was concerned that I would get the competing dealer into trouble with 'corporate' (I don't do business that way). Travis assured me that the quote I brought in to him would NOT be used to get the other dealer into trouble with Stihl USA. Long story made short, I got the written quote and went back to Chagrin Pet & Garden Supply to buy a saw. I asked for Travis, but was introduced to his brother Todd - ALSO an owner. Not only did Todd berate me in front of his staff (thankfully I was the only customer present), he also told me he "hates people who work dealerships for price." As if this weren't enough, during Todd's soapbox sermon on how to maintain good business relationships, he said three times that any written competitor's quote below Stihl USA guidelines goes directly back to the corporate offices so they can deal with the competing dealership from that end. I never even took the quote out to show Todd; that competitor quote never left my clipboard. I bought a spark plug and left Chagrin Pet & Garden Supply. I'll never go back.

Description of Work
I stopped in Chagrin Pet & Garden Supply to see if they'd match competitor price on a chainsaw. Travis called me back in short order. Not only did he say he'd beat the price by $5, Chagrin Pet & Garden Supply would also give me a sixer of HP Ultra oil. The only catch was that I had to provide a written quote from the other dealer. I got the written quote and went back to Chagrin Pet & Garden Supply to buy a saw. I asked for Travis, but was introduced to his brother Todd. Not only did Todd berate me in front of his staff he also told me he "hates people who work dealerships for price." As if this weren't enough, during Todd's soapbox sermon on how to maintain good business relationships, he said three times that any written competitor's quote below Stihl USA guidelines goes directly back to the corporate offices so they can deal with the competing dealership from that end.

11/09/2012

Eva C.

Everything went fine. The estimate was done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
We had an estimate done on a lawnmower. We decided not to have it repaired. We have used Chagrin Pet and Garden in the past and have always found them to be helpful.

11/05/2012

AMY W.

I generally use their support for landscaping needs including fertilizing, insecticides, fungicides and herbicides. On this particular service they determined that it was more economical for me to just purchase a new leaf blower. They do a very thorough inspection of the equipment and provided you with a detailed written report. I find them very trustworthy. They have come out to my home on many occassions to look at my lawn and tell me what is needed to remedy my issues. They have even recommended other companies for me when necessary for tree service and lawn and yard work. They are highly personable. They know their profession inside and out. They are truly professionals. They also offer pick up of heavy equipment that needs repaired. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
They serviced my leaf blower. I have used this company for other things in the past.

Category lawn treatment, lawn mower repair, home improvement stores

11/05/2012

John C.

The service was excellent.

Description of Work
I used their services for a riding lawn mower repair.

05/17/2012

Lee L.

The salesman, Mike, asked about our yard and our needs and then advised us on our purchase(s). His experience and product expertise was spot-on, we are very happy with the equipment. The service department prepped both units and all we had to do was start using them.

Description of Work
We purchased a small tractor and a lawn mower along with some supplies.

05/03/2012

jon K.

well done

Description of Work
service of john deere tractor and stiehl weedeater

01/30/2012

Virginia H.

The experience was excellent. The price and quality were very good. I've been using them for about 15 years.

Description of Work
I used Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply for lawn mower repair.

05/01/2011

jon K.

best tractor and implement service provider. moderately pricey.will pick up and deliver tractor. I bought tractor there

Description of Work
john deere tractor service, stihl implement service

03/23/2008

MARY K O.

This was a great experience! I had expert advice and no pressure. The sales team helped me select the proper tractor and even allowed me to come in and have a "driving lesson" before the tractor was delivered. They made me feel comfortable asking questions and reminded me throughout the process to call if I had questions, even after I'd owned it for a while. I received great help with selection, financing, and future service plans. I will return for all my pet and garden needs and would recommend Chagrin Pet and Garden very highly.

Description of Work
Purchased a new John Deere lawn tractor.

Category home improvement stores

06/12/2003

SALLY S.

BAD EXPERIENCE PURCHASING AN EXPENSIVE LAWN MOWER. QUOTED THE WRONG PRICE, WHEN WE WENT TO PICK MOWER UP WERE TOLD THE PRICE WAS HIGHER. WE AGREED TO PURCHASE THE MOWER BASED ON THE LOWER PRICE - THEY WOULD NOT ADMIT TO MAKING A MISTAKE OR, IN A SPIRIT OF GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, NOT CHARGE US THE DIFFERENCE. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK.

Description of Work
PURCHASED LAWN MOVER

Category lawn mower repair

Dear [member name removed] , We are glad that you have returned to our store since you wrote this review in 2003. We at Chagrin Pet & Garden would love you to re-review us based on your shopping experiences since returning to our store in 2006. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Kyle Kruse. Manager Chagrin Pet & Garden.

Lawn Doctor

Give yourself the lawn of your dreams with a hand from your local lawn service experts. For nearly 50 years, Lawn Doctor's experts have been helping homeowners achieve greener, healthier grass. By using superior materials, relying on exclusive equipment, and customizing one-of-a-kind lawn service plans for every client, we give your grass exactly what it needs to thrive. The result? A lush, thick lawn that you and your family will fall in love with. If you're not 100% satisfied, we'll make it right. It's that simple.

Blossom Earthworks and Design LLC

Blossom Earthworks and Design are a group of highly skilled landscapers and landscape artists looking to change the way you think about your property. Blossom is exceptional about the details and having our customers extremely satisfied.

Mark's Pro Services, LLC

Full Service Landscaping Maintenance, Design and Installation. Full Service Snow and Ice Removal for Commercial and Residential

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

We will provide service for anything.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc

How is Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc overall rated?

Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc is currently rated 4.1 overall out of 5.

What days are Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc open?

Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc is open:

Sunday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

What payment options does Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc provide

Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc offer free estimates?

Ask Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc for details on free project estimates.

Does Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc offer a senior discount?

No, Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc does not offer a senior discount.

Does Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc offer emergency services?

Yes, Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc?

No, Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc does not offer warranties.

What services does Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc offer?

Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc offers the following services: We are a full service dealer, new sales with a huge parts dept. and also all certifide techs. Front store handles Lawn & garden supplies & equipment & supplies, garden center with plants and products like SWEET PEET. BULK mulches and a huge selection of pet supplies & natural pet foods. Also on site blending of our own birdseed mixs.

Are there any services Chagrin Pet Garden & Power Equipment Supply Inc does not offer?

We will provide service for anything.