CertaPro Painters® of Chagrin Falls OH

Founded 2010 • With Angi since December 2010

43 Pleasant Dr Unit B

Chagrin Falls, OH 44022

With every painting project, we're committed to providing the highest quality work and professional service in the area. We're dedicated to the process of certainty – of a job well done. Whatever your needs, big or small, Certapro will provide a professional quality paint job and an experience you'll be thrilled with. That's our promise, that's certainty. Independently owned & operated. Additional DBAs - Dwstrahl Family First Inc, CertaPro Painters Ltd. Additional phones - (440) 247-3929, (800) 689-7271. Award winning. Additional emails - dstrahl@certapro.com, njacobsen@certapro.com. Ask about Angie's list discount. Social media sites - Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/certapropaintersusa. Twitter: http://twitter.com/CertaPro....

03/20/2022

Kate M.

Work, cleanup, and communication were all done in a professional and timely manner. Our kitchen looks beautiful and we are very pleased with the results. Katy

Description of Work
Cabinet painting and new hardware installed

Category carpet cleaners, interior painters, cabinet refacing

08/12/2019

Leslie B.

Interactions with sales and office staff were prompt and excellent, and I received a detailed quote. Painting crews either showed-up without prior scheduling or were late for scheduled start times. Work done did not fully meet quoted proposal and mistakes were made. Garage was suppose to be painted in a latex satin finish paint, but got stained with the deck stain in a flat finish. Everything was suppose to get 2 coats, but some surfaces only got one coat. Painting crew did a reasonably good job at masking off and painting, but other prep work in quote (caulking gaps, scraping old paint, etc.) was not done. Painting crew clearly did not have a good understanding of scope of work that was in the written contract.

Description of Work
Powerwash garage and deck, paint garage siding, stain deck, and stain porch

Category pressure washing, house painters

05/17/2018

Marc C.

Very responsive and courteous. Excellent work.

Description of Work
All exterior Windows(the house is brick), deck railing and the whole garage.

03/21/2018

Keith G.

Free color consulting service was great for selecting the colors. Were very neat and careful in moving and covering furnishings. Job came out great.

Description of Work
Painting of walls and ceilings in multiple rooms.

Category drywall, interior painters

03/13/2018

Heather U.

They did a great job on our kitchen. They would quickly, cleaned up daily, and worked quietly (I work from home and I fully expected more noise). I'm thrilled with the result - while Certa Pro wasn't the cheapest, it was much cheaper than new cabinets.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets, kitchen walls, trim, ceiling, and small half bath (walls, ceiling, trim)

Category interior painters, cabinet refacing

10/19/2017

Gladys G.

A different painting crew came back and made some adjustments. I was pleased after the second crew finished

Description of Work
Wallpaper removed and bathroom painted

Category house painters

We do our best not to stop until the homeowner is delighted. In this case the original technician wasn't as crisp as we would have liked. He'll be reassigned until this particular skill is improved.

09/18/2017

TONI C.

They were very professional and they did a great job.

Description of Work
Painted outside of my house and put shutters.

08/16/2017

Bill G.

Brandon the painter was great and professional

Description of Work
Interior painting

08/08/2017

Paula G.

Description of Work
................................................................................................

08/06/2017

Ray J.

They spent time prepping the house including power washing it. The house needed scraping which they did a great job at, then primed and painted the house. The gentlemen were very courteous and polite. They were also very good painters and did a quality job. the job was very professionally done, better than I could have done myself. I'm glad we chose CertaPro Painters of Chagrin Falls to paint our house

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of a house in dire need of a new paint job.

06/04/2017

Roxann D.

Not good at all. My walls look terrible- not smooth, wavy, paint roller fibers, areas that are lumpy where attempts were made to correct bubbles in the paint. The first sub contractor painters used Pro Mar 200 paint(cheaper commercial paint). My contract stated Duration. This is the first part of the violation of my contract, plus they did not skim coat the entire walls-second violation of my contract, only painted my window-third violation etc. Attempts were made to fix the problems-still didn’t work. Called the owner, Dave Strahl, he refused to return my calls. Terrible company. I want an entire refund-maybe Dave Strahl will now call me back- that is if he really cares about customers and the reputation of his company. One final thing, the painters threw out my corner edge guards-they were told to save them so I could put them back up!!! I also want them replaced.

Description of Work
skim coat, prime and paint entire hallway, one kitchen wall, sand and paint kitchen window, and paint hallway ceiling. My walls were to look like new according to Jason Petsche the Certa Pro rep who came out for the estimate. According to the contract, Sherrington Williams Duration paint was to be used on the walls. They were also to remove commercial corner guards.

Category interior painters

This project was signed off as complete when the first crew left. On receiving a complaint about the wrong material being used (an error by our technician) we sent a second crew who completely redid the work, re-skimming the walls and using the more expensive material. The second Supervisor reported that the first effort had been every bit up to standards. Regardless, the project was entirely redone and homeowner was obviously satisfied as they tried unsuccessfully to hire the second crew to do additional work on the side at a reduced rate. Neither Supervisor is willing to go back to this project reporting that they were belittled and verbally abused through the process. The homeowner phoned the office demanding a full refund (which we fully believe is the point of all of this complaining), which was refused. They were quite abusive to our office staff as well. Finally, we sent a Sherwin-Williams representative out to inspect the project. She recommended that a couple of minor touch-ups would more than take care of any complaints, so we scheduled a third technician for a full day to take care of them. The homeowner refused this third effort, threatening a social media backlash if we didn't give them a full refund. It is our honest opinion that this complaint is not about resolving any perceived shortcomings, but that it is an effort to have us refund their payment. Our refusal is not a matter of refusing to take care of our obligations. It is the principle of not allowing this homeowner to scam us further.

02/27/2017

Calvin R.

The painter did an excellent job overall. I a minor issue with the accent color coverage in the master bedroom. However we did an extra coating ourselves. Again a very minor issue when you consider the outstanding job that was done throughout the home.

Description of Work
Painting of entire first floor and stairwell for a new build in Painesville

08/12/2016

Sarah B.

Extremely professional crew with attention to detail. We were also to make some "on the fly" changes that they were able to accommodate. Overall a great experience even with some flexible requests/desired results.

Description of Work
CertaPro painted the entire exterior of the home as well as some interior rooms while also doing some minor repair work.

08/06/2016

Pat R.

Not so good. Subcontractors=subpar. Blotchy walls and ceilings. They cancelled the first day at the time they were to show up. I drove almost an hour to get to the job site, only too get a phone "Not coming today, still held up on yesterday's job" . Not even an apology. Then to have poor work. Very disappointed. Will never use this company again

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category interior painters

We have reached out to this customer to resolve her quality issues. Her comments on our own survey included that most of the work is good, but there are some areas that could be improved. We will return at her convenience and not stop until everything is completely to her satisfaction. It is true that we pay crews both on an hourly and per job basis (1099). We find this an excellent way to expand and contract based on the seasonality of our business. Each 1099 crew has to earn their next job by providing the quality and service we expect and coach them to deliver. They are among our best and will delight over 600 homeowners this year. We are embarrassed that this homeowner did not get the experience we strive to provide.

07/27/2016

Kathleen S.

TERRIBLE. First they subcontract all of their work out. It took two months to get the job done. They kept making excuses as to why they couldn't start the job. Everything from weather (some days it was completely sunny) to their kids being sick! The job they did is already chipping away. Extremely disappointed. Would NEVER recommend them.

Description of Work
deck and shed painted

Category house painters

This project was started during the rainy season last year by a crew that is no longer with us. A deck must be at less than 20% moisture before a stain can be applied, and we were just not able to reach this in the time frame that was acceptable. Subsequently, our crew lead did have some personal issues and had to be replaced, which took even more time as our replacements were all on other projects. We apologized for the delay. Subsequently, we have discontinued the use of the latex based solid stain from a major paint manufacturer based here in Cleveland, and will only use a hybrid alkyd version. We have reached out to this homeowner and offered to redo anything that is not perfect, even if it is not covered by our 2 year warranty.

07/16/2016

Craig H.

It went very well. Time will tell, but we are very pleased with the results and their attention to detail. They were prompt (actually a little early), courteous and friendly. There was some confusion about the contract regarding the gutters and downspouts, but it was resolved quickly. They said it would take 2-3 days, which it did and the weather co-operated. I think the power washing they did before painting made a big difference. When complete, we walked around and inspected, found a few spots needing attention, which were taken care of immediately. Some of the issues were, I think, dependent upon which way the sun was shining which made it difficult to see at times. Their clean-up was good, but they really didn't make must of a mess to clean. We had received 3 estimates and they were the cheapest. They obviously use subcontractors, which is irrelevant in our opinion, because the warranty is with CertaPro.

Description of Work
Complete painting of exterior of home.

07/05/2016

Benjamin B.

The general quality of the painting was acceptable (not great, but acceptable), however, the amount of paint drops on the historic wood floors, the missed areas that were supposed to be painted and the (twice now) lack of showing up for the scheduled walk through is very frustrating. The wood floors in several rooms had splotch marks from where they attempted to wipe up paint, paint drops and in the corners. one room had paint on the light fixture. I was told the interior should take several days, it ended up taking nearly 2 weeks. On a couple of occasions I stopped by the house, they weren't there, but there was a substantial amount of pizza boxes and their food in the refrigerator. They want their money as soon as the job is done, which is understandable, but the house is 40 minutes from my primary residence and with my schedule not easy to set aside the time for their walk through. For them not to show, twice, is maddening.

Description of Work
Contracted CertaPro Chagrin to paint exterior and interior of house I planned to put up for sale. Contracted for entire inside to be painted, walls, ceilings and basement.

Category house painters, interior painters

While we are disappointed with the frustration vented here, this homeowner has since contracted with us for more work, which we will gladly undertake, making every effort to deliver an exceptional experience.

04/04/2016

DEB B.

Within the time span of a week, I contacted, had a professional bid completed, and scheduled. The painter, George, arrived a few minutes early, checked out the job, prepped the rough walls, got paint, got to work painting , stopped only for a short break or two and completed the entire job before 5:00. The hallway looks terrific, the wood trim looks beautiful and all evidence of work being done was taken away. What a delightful experience. I won't hestitate to call again.

Description of Work
An upstairs hallway and stairwell needed ceiling, walls, doors, trim, baseboards painted. Being an old house, there were lots of cracks and dings that needed to be smoothed out.

01/21/2016

Patrice B.

I was very impressed with the painters at CertaPro! They were very professional and polite. It was a pleasure to have them in my home. Jason Petsche, the sales associate, called me the same day I scheduled an online service request, and the painting was completed that week! It was important to Andrew and his crew that I was happy with their work. They did a beautiful job! After they left, there was nothing for me to clean up! I will definitely be calling them again.

Description of Work
Painted my kitchen/family room, trim, soffits and ceiling. I also had the ceiling repaired.

Category drywall, siding, house painters, interior painters

10/28/2015

Amy K.

We had a wonderful experience with Certa Pro Painters, my father recommended them to use after we had a bad experience with another painting company earlier this summer. From when they came out to our home to give us the estimate to the completion of the job it was clear we were dealing with professionals. We had the complete interior painted. They arrived every morning on time so i could let them in before i left for work, and when i got home from work at 5;15pm they would be gone and my home would be clean and neat as if nobody had been there and they left a note describing what they had done that day and what they planned on doing the next day. Our home looks wonderful!! I highly recommend these guys to everyone

Description of Work
Painted the inside of my home

09/28/2015

Josh R.

What a pleasant experience!! Howard was very friendly, and communication was frequent and clear. You pay a bit more for real professionals like these, but contractors simply don't compare to CertaPro's level of professionalism. From helping me figure out exactly what I wanted, to the flawless execution of the painting itself, to the followup after the job was done, I was treated like an old family friend by every member of the crew. Truly a great experience as a customer. I'm excited for the next time I have to have my house painted so I can call on these guys again!

Description of Work
Repainted interior of most of my house.

09/20/2015

Scott S.

Look, my house was a in rough shape. Certapro got off to a rough start, but they said "Don't pay us until your happy" and after many discussions they miraculously made my house PERFECT! What a turn around and wow. If you need to paint your house this is a no brainer!!1 HIRE CERTAPRO NOW!

Description of Work
Paint the entire exterior of my house

08/19/2015

RICHARD G.

I had read all the great reviews on Angie's List, except for some of the older ones but took the overall good reviews as a sign that CertaPro was going to do a great job. Had an estimator come to the house on March 31. Jason, who was very pleasant and had him walk around the house to show the areas that we needed painted. These areas included back doors, their frames, door from the garage into the house with frame, garage door, front door, panel next to front door and six shutters. Estimate was around $600+. Had to negotiate 2 coats for everything which was agreed upon. We received a call on a Friday night, end of April, from the painter, Ricardo, who told us that he would be there Tuesday morning at 8:30. Great we thought. Then received a call on Monday night that he would be there between 9-9:30 on Tuesday. He did not show up until 10:30 Tuesday morning. Not a good start. Proceeded to walk around the house to see what needed to be done and told me that the frames for the rear doors were not included. When I had returned my signed contract I had specifically written in that the frames were supposed to be included in the original estimate. I had to call the office and speak with Jan, who saw that I had written it on the signed contract. If they had a problem with it they should have called prior to the job getting started. They agreed to do the frames. We were just doing a color match so Ricardo took a shutter to the store. Did not see him for the next hour. finally returned to the house at noon. Started to prep the doors, on his cell phone the entire time. Did 3 doors and told me he was leaving. This was 4 pm. I asked him to finish the front door so that we would not have to be at home for the rest of it since the rest was outdoors. He painted the front door, which has become a major issue for us since the door is unusable now as it sticks and has started to come apart when we try to open the door, due to lack of drying time between coats. He told me he could come back that night to finish the job but never showed up. Was then supposed to come at 11 am on Thursday but called and said he would be there by 1pm. Did not show up until 2:40pm. Called the office and told them to pull him from the job. On top of the time issue, he did a terrible job. We were then promised by Jan that we would have someone there the following week. We were ok to wait to make sure we had someone good who could finish the job. When the young man was on his way to our house his car broke down on the freeway. Here we go again. We told Certa Pro that they were fired. They were very apologetic but said there was nothing they could do until the next day. I called back and told them they can finish the job. Justin finally showed up after many additional delays, finished the job(did a nice job) and we paid him $618. At the beginning of June, when he started his portion of the job, he told us that the front door was definitely an issue, took pictures and told us that they would have someone come look at the door. Had not heard back from them and only after I called Corporate headquarters did they respond and amazingly they have now agreed to replace our front door. They made sure to tell me that it has to be the same exact door or one just like it, as if I was looking for a door for the Taj Mahal. We are totally fine with that. As of today, July 30th, we have still not had our door replaced. Yes, the door is at least 20 years old, but we have NEVER had problems with the door prior to Ricardo painting the door. Someone was supposed to show up at 1pm on Friday, July 3rd and never showed, never called, nada. Was told that another person would be handling the door replacement since we have lost all confidence in the person that was supposed to install the door for all the lies and delays. This other person was supposed to install our door on Friday, July 24th, but we received a call on July 23rd that his ?car broke down and set him back a day so he could install the door next week. The earliest for us was Thursday, July 30th. Texted him to see if he would be coming and he called me back saying that the first coat is still sticky and he couldn?t do the second coat so ?No, he would not be there today to install the door?. I don?t even know what to say anymore. August 5th-finally got the call that the door was ready and they will be at my house at 1pm to install the door. Woohoo! Went home and they were already there. Removed the old door and went to install the new door and it was damaged. Dents all over the door. Told them they are not to install the door and to put my old door back on. They put the old door back on, missing screws on the hinges and my wife than noticed that there was damage to the wood around the hinge and the door jamb. (Pictures attached of dented door and jamb damage). At this point I have requested partial refund to cover the cost for me to have Home Depot or Lowes come in and replace the door. Contacted corporate GM who will be speaking with Franchise owner tomorrow to determine next course of action. August 6th-Franchisee(David) has washed his hands of this and will not do anything further. Thankfully, CertaPro corporate is making good on this(somewhat) and will be issuing a partial refund, which will still not be enough to cover the replacement of the door. We are so done with this. Need to move on. August 12th-received an email from CertaPro corporate requesting I sign a release saying that I would ?release, acquit and discharge CertaPro Painters, David Strahl(franchisee, et al of all potential or future claims, etc.? It goes on to say that we will ?not make any public statements of any kind in any medium about any work performed. We further agree to keep all terms of this settlement and all other aspects of my dealing with David Strahl, et al Confidential?. We notified corporate that we would not sign this agreement due to the fact that it would void any warranty issues we might have and also we do not feel we want to keep this quiet. August 17th-received a partial refund towards the replacement door without having to sign the release. Thank you to the General Manager for this region who handled himself as a professional anytime we spoke. In all of this, not once has the franchise owner contacted me to apologize for the craziness we have been through. Shame on him for not contacting us himself at any time.

Description of Work
Paint Exterior doors, trim, garage door, shutters. .

Category house painters

We make every possible effort to satisfy our valued customers but some just plain won't let us. We agreed that the timeliness of our original crewman was lacking, and agreed to send another crew as soon as they could finish up their existing project, which obviously wasn't quickly enough for this homeowner. In the spring and summer all of our crews are going full bore, and it is not reasonable to pull somebody off of one ongoing project to work on another. We were finally able to coordinate the second crew and this homeowner's inflexible schedule. This homeowner had a 35 year old front door that he believed was wood. Our first crew attempted to satisfy his request to strip and restain the fiberglass, which did not give the result he was anticipating. We offered to sand and paint the existing door, which we did, advising him to keep the door open while the first coat dried. When he did not, and the door was reopened, the bottom of his door (35 year old fiberglass), which exhibited a tremendous amount of rot, came apart. Even though this was not in any way our responsibility, we undertook to purchase him a new front door, paint it two colors and install it. He claims that there are minor imperfections in the new door, wanted for it to be replaced by one of much higher quality, and refused to allow us to install it. On installation any of the flaws he claims would have been addressed. We have had three of our best crews out there and none are willing to return. You will note in his comments that the painting we did looks good. You will note that he took his complaints to our Corporate staff, and that we offered restitution for the replacement of the replacement door, and despite the best effort of of us all, he remains unsatisfied. It is our opinion that this homeowner wants for us to pay for a high end replacement of his 35 year old rotten fiberglass, builders grade front door. He had a beautiful new steel door painted and ready to install, and refused it. He has a settlement in hand that only requires a waiver to execute. We have spent many times more than the $600 that this project billed in a sincere effort to deliver the excellent experience we promise. We will delight over 700 customers this year, and it genuinely upsets us that we weren't able to delight this one, but when we feel that a homeowner us trying to take advantage of us, we stop trying.

08/13/2015

Debra D.

A former franchise owner painted my home a year ago and did a poor job of scraping and did not prime the surface before painting. As a result, the whole house needed to be totally repainted. David, the new franchise owner, made good on the two year guarantee and came back and provided excellent and professional repainting of my entire house. When I asked how I might make a few repairs that needed to be done, he told me that they were responsible and would take care of it right away. Not only did they not get paid for fixing what some other firm did but made good on making sure their work was 100% correct. Can't recommend them highly enough and will look to use them again for outside and inside painting.

Description of Work
Scraped, primed and repainted my entire house.

06/06/2015

Adrienne D.

I was very pleased with the work done by the CertaPro crew. They were careful to clean up after themselves when they had finished for the day, were accommodating (e.g., moving their truck) and did what appears to me to be a very good job. So good, in fact, that when we walked the perimeter prior to payment, the crew chief noticed that a tiny corner of siding that was under an eave had not been painted, and brought out the ladders and the paint and completed it right then. I would definitely use CertaPro again -- and would insist on having Quintin be in charge of my crew!

Description of Work
CertaPro's crew, headed by Quinton, power washed the deck and the house, did all of the puttying needed to prepare the house for staining, and restained our cedar siding.