Beacom Construction Co LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since December 2012

5437 County Rd 25

Cardington, OH 43315

Beacom Construction Company LLC is a full service general contracting company that specializes in handling the details of your project so you don't have to. From decks to basement finishes, and remodeling to complete new builds, your home is in good hands.

04/01/2020

Jeffrey N.

Beacom Construction Co LLC was extremely professional when it came to repairing the water damage caused by an improperly installed shower pan when the house was initially constructed. Years of slow leakage caused the subfloor to fail under the shower and kitchen sink areas. Beacom Construction was able to come in and make repairs in a very manner keeping the costs reasonable and not creating extra unneeded work as others had quoted. If another project is required at my home I would rehire Beacom Construction immediately.

Description of Work
Water Leak Repair & Remodel

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling

02/27/2020

carol P.

Aaron and his team were extremely efficient, time table was unbelievably short and quality is excellent! Will definitely use Beacom again.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen renovation and partial bathroom renovation

04/24/2019

Kathleen K.

It was excellent. There was no extra dust and clean up everyday. Communicated well and if I have questions they address it immediately. Workmanship was excellent.

Description of Work
Renovated the upstairs bathroom.

Category home remodeling

06/19/2017

Kathleen Y.

Wonderfully. Four years later still happy. Beacom worked with subcontractor to fix a problem that surfaced 18 months after completion. No charge to us.

Description of Work
Remodel very old kitchen and add half bath

04/10/2017

Dori K.

We are very happy with the finished projects. This was the 2nd time we used Beacom Construction and would hire again.

Description of Work
We requested a few separate jobs to be completed. The largest was to add woodworking (crown moulding, wainscotting, french doors) to our entire house. Aaron and his staff are hard-working, detail-oriented, good at their crafts and polite.

01/14/2017

William J.

Aaron was a total professional. He gave an opinion as to a slight change in my idea and after thought, we followed his suggestion. We couldn't be happier!

Description of Work
Poured the floor for our 30x60 garage

Category concrete repair

01/20/2016

Nadeem S.

Aaron is v. professional-described the job, the process & the timeline well. He met expectations & was on budget. Great results.

Description of Work
Built addition to house-need room & full bath.

Category carpet installation, home builders, home remodeling

12/07/2015

Kathleen Y.

Second project Beacom has done for us. Went well, with some bumps beyond Beacom's control. House is over 90 years old. Demolition uncovered several compromised joists so remodeling halted while those were corrected. Beyond evaluation by structural engineer, correction required replumbing second floor bathroom and, including inspections, added about two weeks to the project. Pluses: Use of air scrubber suggested by contractor kept dust outside the zip walls to a minimum. Good communication with contractor throughout and work progress indicated good communication between contractor and subs. All subs were A-rated on Angie's list.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel including a new half bath--demolition, plumbing, electrical, drywall, cabinet and appliance installation, painting, clean up.

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

07/09/2015

Scott T.

The entire experience with Aaron and his team was great from start to finish. They did what they said they were going to do when they said they were going to do it. We are very happy with the end result of all 3 projects - especially the fireplace and bookshelves which are just beautiful. The team that did the work were professional and personable (especially Josh and Jeff). We really appreciated that they were able to help us with some design decisions since we did not know exactly what we wanted to do in some places. We will use Beacom again on future projects.

Description of Work
Our project consisted of installing a hallway wood floor, installing carpeting in two bedrooms, and remodeling a fireplace/bookshelves unit.

Category decks, remodeling

04/22/2015

Chad D.

He came out twice for estimates since I was unavailable for the first. After waiting several weeks for the results of the second estimate we had to contact only to find out he didn't want our project. Telling us this before his mission trip so we could of been finding another company would of been nice. Instead we are back a square one in the process. Very unhappy.

Description of Work
Contacted Aaron for an estimate after water damage.

Category remodeling, water damage restoration

We chose not to take on Mr [member name removed]s project because of his personality. He language was very rude and condescending towards family members while we were on site. We do not wish to work for customers that treat their own family that way. We didn't turn down his project at the first meeting because we did not meet Mr [member name removed] until the 2nd meeting. We try very diligently to maintain the utmost in integrity in our business and a relation ship with Mr [member name removed] would not have been beneficial in our opinion.

02/24/2015

Ronald W.

While I was disappointed in the information phase, the work itself was good. The painting work, which was subcontracted could have been better (some paint was splashed and areas were missed) and the cost for painting was excessive, a little over $5,000. I would recommend him for general contracting work but not painting work.

Description of Work
They provided countertops in our kitchen, a backsplash in the kitchen and replaced the sink in our bathroom. They also coordinated the painting work for the whole house. The work was completed in about a month overall.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling, interior painters

[MEMBER], First I would like to thank you for your review of our company's performance while working for your family. We consider it an honor and a blessing when a family chooses to do business with our company. I am sorry to hear we somehow fell short of your expectations regarding the painting portion of your project. We were surprised to hear that you thought the paint price was excessive. We did submit a detailed estimate prior to starting any work which you approved, we completed all work as outlined in our estimate, and the invoice actually came in $560 lower than our submitted proposal. We also painted multiple colors (the estimate allowed for only 2) at no additional charge. At over 4100 square feet, we feel that a price of near $5000 is well within industry standards. Before completing the other projects we came back and touched up some painting areas at your request, and free of additional charges. Splattered paint and missing paint where not among the items you requested us to touch up at that time. We are sorry if there is something we missed inside of the estimate provisions. Please contact us at your earliest convenience as we would be happy to come by and make any necessary corrections. Thank you again for your business. We value you and your family as a customer. Have a great day!

01/27/2015

Jim E.

the project went very well,. My wife & I ere very happy with the new carport.

Description of Work
Built New Carport. New post, metal roof- finished, soffit,enclosed gables, gutters.

Category contractors, roofing, siding

12/29/2014

Kelly F.

While my husband and I went another route, we were extremely impressed with the responsiveness, and professionalism we received and felt a good report on Angie's List was deserved.

Description of Work
n/a

12/15/2014

Carol H.

The work on our addition was completed in a little over 2 months. I thought the crews were very congenial and professional. They did the work without hesitation and "got it done". I would definitely call Beacom Construction if we have any other work that we would like done on our home.

Description of Work
Aaron gave us the plans and scope of work for our addition. He managed and supervised the teams that did the work and frequently checked and inspected their progress. He was readily available to us if we had any questions or concerns and was very professional and left no question about what was going to be done and the cost of the project.

Category remodeling, garage builders, home builders

11/23/2014

Kevin O.

We got quotes from three different contractors. Aaron went above and beyond the others in suggesting different siding configurations for the front of the house including cultured stone which had never occurred to us. He also wrote up an estimate for the bay window, which the others did not, even though we had only mentioned it as a "pie in the sky" idea. In the end we decided to forgo the cultured stone and the garage siding in order to be able to afford the bay window. They installed the siding in such a way that we can easily add the stone later, should we decide to. Aaron was very agreeable to any changes we asked for - for example finding a different color of replacement window, and finding a security storm door with a screen. He responded promptly to phone calls and emails. His workers were courteous and friendly and never left a mess. They replanted grass where the pile of dirt from the bay window excavation had sat on our lawn long enough to kill it. They painted our entire ceiling because it had gotten a bit of drywall mud on it. This job started in mid-July and ran to around the end of October, which was longer than we had anticipated. The windows and siding went fairly quickly, but waiting for permits and several inspections related to the bay window held things up several times. However, we are thrilled with the results. Our front room feels twice as big with the bay window, and everyone comments on how beautiful our house looks from the street. We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Several upgrades to our 1952 Cape Cod: Installed new (replacement) windows; 2 entry doors, screen/storm door and security storm door; installed new vinyl siding and new gutters and downspouts; replaced an old wrought iron porch post with a cluster of three posts; added a full bay window to the front of the house.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, wrought iron, doors

11/16/2014

Kathleen Y.

Good design, good materials, good craftsmen. Finished construction in one day, including thorough clean up. Painter arrived when the weather was suitable for painting and applied two coats. Looks great!

Description of Work
Constructed approximately 15 feet of handrail from porch to street.

Category decks, remodeling

10/21/2014

Kimberly W.

Beacom Construction did everything they said they were going to do. They were always on time and addressed every issue or concern I had. My remodel is beautiful and I would use their services again.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel.

10/16/2014

Peggy C.

He is absolutely the best. He is very professional and thorough. He is pleasant to work with. The people has has working for him are respectful of your home and your time.

Description of Work
We ordered a custom front door together. He installed the new door.

Category doors

09/12/2014

Donnie H.

Realistically, it's hard to imagine that a project this size could have gone any better than it did. I've got a close friend who has a PhD in Civil Engineering, and he commented that the garage looks like it's been part of the house all along. The project took slightly longer than expected, but that was mostly due to weather early in the effort. The price was higher than we anticipated, but I don't think it was higher than it should have been. I ran the numbers by the aforementioned engineer, an experienced architect, and another (out of the area) builder; and they all confirmed that building projects are expensive these days. The quality of the result is absolutely worth it. All of the subcontractors were professional, courteous, patient with our questions, and detail-oriented. Aaron Beacom was absolutely professional, even as I emailed or texted him multiple times per week with questions and issues. Aaron was patient with us as we had to regroup on flooring (not available in as timely a fashion as we needed it) and with our indecision over a few issues. When it came time to settle up at the last draw, Aaron was equally complete with credits as he was with additional expenses. There were a few minor issues, as any of us would expect. In retrospect, I think a final set of plans with review before digging began might have helped. Nevertheless, I highly recommend Beacom. They will be the first folks we call if we have any remodeling projects in the future.

Description of Work
Beacom performed a major remodeling on our house. Overall, the project was to add an attached 3-car garage to the house. The entirety of the project included: a new mudroom; a new covered rear porch, the 3-car garage with a 20' cement apron, a sidewalk, and a patio. Complete pictures for the project can be seen at: [link removed].

Category concrete repair, decks, remodeling, garage builders, patios

06/25/2014

Barry D.

I contacted Aaron at Beacom construction about getting a quote for building a new home. The initial meeting we discussed the type of home and where we own the land on which to build the home. We also provided a basic layout of the house. We meet the next time to discuss changes to the floor plan and other requirements such as a zero step garage and interior doors wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair. Aaron then took those and contacted a person who drew up the plans. We meet with Aaron one more time to make some minor changes to the plans. He had the changes incorporated and returned them to us for our approval. The charge up to this point is $500 for the plans and that will be credited back if we decided to build with his company. Currently he is in the process of getting us a quote based on the updated plans. Aaron has been very professional and has been a pleasure to work with. Update 8/11/2015 When Aaron came back with the quote for completting our house he gave us some additional options that we considered. Once the decision was made to continue, Aaron supplied the paperwork that was requested by the bank issuing the construction loan. Aaron took care of obtaining the necessary permits and we have very little involvement in the permit process. I was retiring at the end of June 2015 so we asked Aaron if he could complete the house about the same time. He started in November 2014 and was able to complete the house on the requested date. In order to complete the house on the requested date there were times when he slowed the building process so as to not have the home finished too early. During the construction process I visited the site about ever other day and took lots of pictures. If I had any questions Aaron was always quick to provide an answer. We made some minor changes during the process but nothing major. We changed a couple door swings, added some additional electrical outlets and moved some light switches. Aaron provided the needed samples for flooring, plumbing fixtures, etc. He had us go to a supplier to look at floor tile, wall tile and also some laminate flooring. We picked out what we wanted and developed the design of the tile for the shower, bathtub wall tile, and a design behind the kitchen range. In the end his crew did what we wanted. We were also given a budget for the lighting and we went to a showroom to pick out the lighting fixtures. Some features we asked for was zero steps from the garage into the house, zero steps from the from the porch to the house, no step up/over to get into the master bath shower and almost all doors to be 36 inches. He was able to accomplish all these requests. I was genuinely impressed with all Aarons crews that worked on the house. I never saw any of them slacking off. They were friendly and always willing to answer any questions I asked. The quality of the work was outstanding and should I ever build another home, Aaron will be the first person I contact. He was always honest with his answers to my questions and followed through on researching any question that he couldn't answer immediately.It was a pleasure working with him on our new home. Just before the house was completed I had Aaron add a 14 x 18 deck and they did a beautiful job. We have been in the house for a couple months now and couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Provided a set of plans for a new home that we are thinking about building. He completed the construction of our new home and we moved into our home in June 2015. The house plans were for a ranch home that is a little over 2000 square feet with a partial basement and a really great sunroom.

Category remodeling, home builders

05/15/2014

Scott W.

The team was very professional. This was a big job but we were kept in the loop every step of the way. The different groups used for different jobs from demo to drywall were all experts in their respective specialties.

Description of Work
Total remodel of kitchen. Down to the studs. This included some major demo work as well as new hardwood floors in the lower level of the house as well as new electrical.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling

05/07/2014

Jay B.

Aaron does excellent work....Like most guys that are good, he is getting a reputation, and now it is hard to get work scheduled....Problem that naturally occurs with success...

Description of Work
Did HVAC work, sump pump work

05/03/2014

Pat K.

The whole experience was excellent. I have no complaints. I will be doing another bathroom with them in the summer.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom renovation. Carpet and painting bedroom.

Category carpet installation, home remodeling, interior painters

02/10/2014

Leigh D.

Aaron, his team and subcontractors were amazing. I truly can't say enough good things about the process and people. I stay home with my, then, 16 month old daughter and the guys coming through did all they could to avoid interrupting our routine even though some of the work entailed sawing through hardwood floors above her room. The guys were always polite and tidy, making sure our home was still a home each day when they left. These guys did it all themselves with the exception of tile and drywall, which was very impressive. Framing, hanging the drywall, plumbing, electrical, all of it! They really know their stuff. Aaron would periodically pop in to check the progress which was really nice to know if any issues ever arose for me (which they didn't) I would have an opportunity to see him and discuss face to face. With his guidance on design of the insanely small space, we have a beautiful half bath where my husband can actually escape the toddler during his morning routine. I would absolutely recommend this group to friends and neighbors. I heard about them from a friend and couldn't be happier. We will definitely be calling for any future projects.

Description of Work
Remodeled our small bedroom closet into a half bathroom.

02/08/2014

Robin N.

Aaron and his crew members (Jerry, Clayton) from Beacom Construction were very professional, courteous and cordial to work with. We engaged Aaron way before we closed out on our newly built home. The construction experience and professionalism was evident from the moment we engaged him. He is spot on getting back to you with an estimate and if you really don't know what you want, he readily tells you what you should be looking for. No job is small for him. He and his crew proactively stepped in and helped us when we were repeatedly pushed away by our building construction manager for things the builder could have done . When you work with a new build, it is all smiles and rosy before the closing but then you see the attitude ad arrogant side of the builder after closing. When i say that, it is for small jobs like drilling a hole for the dishwasher outlet etc. As a first time home owner, you feel helpless but then that's where Aaron and his team made a difference. He proactively helped us in those things which the builder washed off his hands in addition to the above services which we asked for from him. One thing which I which we liked very much was, Aaron considers your home as his own. He covers this work place with protective rugs (we had hardwood floors in our kitchen) as well as all the work debris is constantly vacuumed. You readily feel at home when Aaron and his team works because they quietly go with your daily routine.Aaron and his team take their time to educate you with the required operation and maintenance after they have finished their service, which is very important. We would definitely recommend Aaron and his team for any needs big and small. You can choose to buy your own materials or give it all to Aaron. He is very easy to work with your options and you can use his 17+ years of experience. We are using beacom construction company for our kitchen backsplash installation as well other projects for our new home..

Description of Work
Installation of Basement Watch dog Battery backup sump pump , cutting the cabinets and install a combination Kitchen Aid Wall oven, installation of 2 Chamberlain MyQ garage door openers , Andersen storm door and Kitchen Aid range hood installation for our new home.

Category garage doors, remodeling, wells, doors