Rohr & Sons Nursery & Garden Center

Founded 1958 • With Angi since September 1999

4.1

5357 Everhard Rd NW

Canton, OH 44718

Rohr & Sons Nursery & Garden Center...

08/06/2015

VICTOR M.

It took several weeks for them to send us an estimate and that was only after we requested it several times. They asked us to send the initial deposit with no start date. They were hard to get in contact with.

Description of Work
They were supposed to come and repair a fountain.

Category fountains

07/07/2015

Thomas V.

Description of Work
I was desperate to find a contractor to re-build one section of the retaining wall in front of my new rental property in October, 2013, after I had accidentally backed my rental moving truck into it--and the landlord nearly threw me out, as he had laid that wall himself! I had no idea where to start (was not on Angie's List at that time)--looked up this company in the phone book and the gentleman who came out to give me a bid (who had a last name that was the same as the business) worked up a bid for me. I wound up paying 1/2 down in the amount of $300--but weather abruptly turned bad and I knew it would likely have to wait untiil spring. That was OK....EXCEPT....never had but ONE further communication from this man, and that was the following winter when I got one brief email saying that "my job would commence in the spring." NEVER had any further communication from him or from any other person from the firm, and the job to this day has not been completed. | I had noticed when I finally did go on Angie's that the chief complaint about this firm was their poor communicatiion....boy, oh, boy, that is one major UNDERstatement! I finally got angry this past spring (2015!) when I had had no further word, and called the company to ask for my deposit back. The girls in the office did so VERY cheerfully--but NOT ONE PERSON in this company EVER told me they were sorry it didn't work out, or called to apologize, or ANYthing! They simply gave me a refund check with a smile and patted my butt and sent me on my way. | In my view this is NO way to treat ANY customer, and I truly an amazed--given that they are a long-term family business--that they have survived to this point if this is they way they treat others! I realize my job was "small potatoes" in their field, and I understood that. But I found THIS kind of treatment to be totally unprofessional and beyond my comprehension as a consumer!! |

12/22/2014

Edward C.

They did a fantastic job on the whole thing. The only thing that I did not like was that they had some excess gravel that was available, and instead of just taking that with them, it was dumped on the back of my property.

Description of Work
We used Rohr & Sons. They repaired a water fall that I had in my back yard. They replaced the lining, and reinstalled the basin and pump.

Category fountains

09/10/2014

Michael F.

09/01/2014

Stacey B.

The crew was on-time, and ready to work. These guys love what they do and it shows. We felt that they were working as though it was their own yard. They took the time to ask us questions about plants, features and opinions on how they planned to scape in certain areas. They were also willing to work with existing plants or materials already in place. Great, professional crew that was obviously experienced. We found out later that guys on the crew has all been with Rohr's for over 15 years each! I'll definitely call them again!

Description of Work
Landscaped around our pond and repaired a waterfall area that was damaged by winter storms and flooding.

08/14/2014

Eric S.

asked that they meet me to view the property and write up plans to redo the landscaping. had meeting scheduled for 4:00 PM. At 4:07 PM the individual I had spoken with left me a voicemail canceling the meeting with no explanation. I had driven over an hour to meet them at the address. I had used Rohrs at my previous address for all my landscaping needs. This experience was totally unacceptable and I will no longer be using them. I understand that peoples schedules change, but calling after the scheduled appointment to cancel is crazy.

06/27/2014

Judith W.

Description of Work
My elderly mother tried them to mow and trim her lawn a few times in May. Her lawn is small and the fee to mow it was $39.00. For that price we expected to see a well manicured lawn. However, because time is money they brought a large professional riding mower which did not produce good results on her lawn, especially the front because it is small and has a large tree in the middle. We asked if there was any other type of mower they could use. They said no and to have it mowed like she would like it would be an additional $12.00 bringing the cost to $51.00 for her tiny property. Although they were polite and prompt they were very expensive for the average homeowner's use. Also, when they came the first time they never asked where the property lines where and made there own assumptions. They didn't assume correctly and their first attempt came across sloppy. In addition to that came on a day it had rained and the ground was soft causing the heavy mower to leave ruts in a part of the front lawn. Overall, I feel Rohr's is a good name but I feel they are maybe best for the property owner with a large yard or better yet a commercial business property.

Category landscaping, lawn service

03/17/2014

Nancy W.

Beginning, after we chose Rohr Nursery. We had to continue contact them by vis telephone, no ret'd call or follow-ups. So. we went into the business and an individual name John assisted us. Within a two week period, John came to the property and we chose the landscaping as we requested. The work began in May. We should of know there would be problems and not completed customer satisfaction. When we came home from work. The trees and design was wrong and planted not to the design that was chosen. Contacted John. he stated the crew forgot the design, so they guess. They would not correct the issues. a retaining wall collasped and my goodness the landscaping was not done. We learn not to pay up-front anymore to contractors. Rohr's Nursery, Shame on yourselves. Thank you for viewing and listening.

Description of Work
Complete Landscaping new Home area

02/21/2014

Vivek M.

Never worked

Description of Work
Never returned my call for a fairly large landscaping project

01/31/2014

Nicolette P.

The associate was so kind and helpful. She made the shopping experience very pleasant.

Category greenhouses

01/09/2014

Thomas V.

The man who came and spoke with me was very professional and friendly, and ultimately sent me what I assessed to be a fairly reasonable estimate, so I sent them my initial deposit check of $300. I still do have confidence that they will ultimately do a good job--and admittedly the weather very abruptly turned bad right after I sent in the check--but I am a little chagrined that the gentleman never has contacted me once since that time, just to keep me updated. | After sending in my check, I did happen to consult Angie's List and noticed that the biggest complaint was their not being good with follow up and efficient scheduling. From what I have seen thus far, I have had a somewhat similar experience, but I will reserve final judgment until the work is completed--even though it now obviously will not happen until some time in the spring!

Description of Work
I contacted them in the fall to obtain a bid for repairing damage to my front retaining wall.

Category hardscaping

05/09/2013

DEBBIE K.

Perfect

Description of Work
New seeding front lawn with top soil added

07/06/2012

Debra W.

I called them several times over a 3-4 week period to see where we were on the schedule. The office personnel were very friendly but I never received a call back from the person in charge of my project. The work was finally completed and the lawn looks nice. I was a little disappointed about how the project was scheduled.

Description of Work
They cleaned out my flower beds, trimmed bushes, and mulched. They also added a few perennials to the landscape.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

05/03/2012

Ron D.

I think their price is reasonable. They are really good. They know what they are doing and they helped us a lot.

Description of Work
We buy plants from Rohr & Sons Nursery, Inc.

Category greenhouses

05/03/2012

Nancy W.

Everything was planted, trees, grass, spreaders, flowers and everyhting. DO. BE THERE WHEN THE WORK IS BEING DONE. DON'T ASSUMED IT IS BEING COMPLETED CORRECTLY.

Description of Work
Purchase a new home, contracted Rohr Nursery to complete all of the Landscaping from grass, planting all trees, plants and installing a retaining wall, planting pine trees, spreaders, mulching, the whole nine yardss, Trees were planted in the wrong places, contacing the Company and for a response was a circus. No apology, nothing. When they began the work, I guess they just second guess where everythng should go. So disappointed with the professional of the Company. They would not correct the problems. We felt we were just a number, not good customer service. Just beware if you do have work done by them. You are there to make sure everything is done correctly. My husband and I were at work, so when we came home, we were definitely shock. Would we use them , definitely not.

11/05/2011

DEBBIE K.

Did a greatjobwith lawnrepair

Description of Work
Very prompt serviceanddida great jobwith lawn repair.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

08/28/2010

DAVID R.

The first attempt didn't go so well. Not all of the existing top soil was removed,leaving large rocks, and uneven surface, and weeds along the edges. Some areas were completely covered in straw and others had none. My phone calls to tell them I was not satisfied with their service were not returned until they were contacted by Angies List. They assured me that they would make it right. After meeting with them to point out the problems, we agreed the best thing to do was to wait until spring to fill in low areas, scrape off high areas, and re-seed. I give them credit for following up on that. This spring they came out and did just that.

Description of Work
HIred Rohr to replace part of my yard which had been over run with weeds and old landscaping gone bad. They removed the existing top soil and debris, applied new topsoil, fertilizer, grass seed and straw.

08/11/2009

Debra W.

The contractor came to the house and gave us an estimate for the work we wanted done. He walked through the yard and made recommendations. About one week after we agreed to the estimate, the work crew came and updated our overgrown landscaping.

Description of Work
The landscaping in our yard was outdated and overgrown. Rohr's cut back all of the overgrown trees, removed some shrubs, added new perennials and a dry creekbed that is a very attractive feature. All of the work was accomplished in one day and the work crew was very professional.

Category landscaping, lawn service

01/23/2008

Maryann B.

Jim smith is phenomenal, he is a horticulturist and very knowledgeable about plants. He did the design and overseen the install.

Description of Work
Gutted front and back yard and started from scratch. Stone work, deck, perennials, mounds, and they will also maintain the landscaping. They installed a pond and are pond specialists. They have four designs.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel