All About Chimneys and Masonry

Founded 1991 • With Angi since June 2009

4.3

Owner operated. Additional DBA - All About Chimneys. DBA- All About Chimneys...

QPS Chimney Contractors Landscaping & Snow

Family business. Owner operated. We provide high quality at an affordable rate. Low overhead unlike the big guys. Call us for a free estimate!

BROOKPARK ROAD TOPSOIL INC.

WE OUR A SMALL BUSINESS THAT DOES SPECIALTY WORK IN OUR FIELD. WE HAVE 35 YEARS IN BUSINESS IN THE GREATER CUYUHOGA AREA

The Ohio Basement Company

Our team of experts are dedicated to making your home healthy and safe, while providing you with unmatched quality and customer service. Contact us today and see why we’re the best choice for your basement or foundation repairs.

Offers by The Ohio Basement Company on Angi

11/18/2017

The service was excellent. He called in advance to let me know he was running about 10 minutes late, which I greatly appreciated. Most service providers rarely give the courtesy of a phone call in that situation. He worked efficiently and was very professional. He also provided an estimate for some additional repair work that needs complete and he showed me photos he took on his camera of our chim...

Description of Work
Our chimney needed cleaning as it had not been cleaned in approximately five years.

08/09/2016

Eric came in to clean the chimney and opened the fireplace doors to look up the flue. He went back outside (I thought to get an additional item). He was outside for a while and the next thing I know is banging his ladder against the gutter in the back. Our gutters have gutter helmet on them to keep leaves out are very easily dented. From the noise he was making I knew there would be a problem and ...

Description of Work
I need my chimney cleaned

Category chimney sweep

This bitter woman's gutter helmet were all ready dented from the roofers in many places. I only had my ladder in one place, and I also have pictures of dents where i wasn't even near! I offered to replace this piece gutter helmet at no charge just to avoid any problems but this woman refused. She stopped payment on the check and I had to involve the police in order to get paid for my services...I ...

01/06/2016

Arrived on time. Performed the work in a timely fashion and at the estimated cost. Eric is very professional!

Description of Work
Removed old and installed new chimney damper.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

Thanks for the great review!

12/08/2015

Eric is always timely and thorough. Have used him for years and will continue to do so. He has done numerous repairs as well as chimney sweeping and have never been disappointed.

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected chimney.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

Thanks for the great review.

10/14/2015

Eric showed up a half hour early, said he couldn't fit his brushes in from the top, so all work would need done from inside. My old sweep guy retired but he never had any problems working from the roof. Eric began the appointment by taking a phone call and yelling at a phone solicitor telling him about his do not call list.. Eric then opened the fireplace doors, and said "the chimney is too dirty ...

Description of Work
Scheduled appt to clean 2 chimneys.

Category chimney sweep

Upon arrival I noticed the chimney had a limestone cap built over the chimney with about 12 in. of space. This does not allow the push/pull power needed to properly clean the chimney. I entered the house and could smell the creosote. Shined a light up the chimney and it was completely coated in creosote. It was unbelievable I have never seen so much creosote. It had been in liquid form and dried f...

09/03/2015

We hired him to do the repairs and on the agreed day he showed up promptly and went to work and was able to get all the repairs done in one single day. He was polite, professional, showed up on time and I would definitely hire him again in the future and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Had Eric out in early August to clean the chimney, he discovered additional work that needed to be done, we had water damage that had caused some deterioration to the chimney. He gave detailed info to us on the work that needed to be done and had photo's to show us of the damage that was only visible when you were up on the roof.

Category chimney sweep","chimney repair contractor

03/23/2015

It went wonderfully well - he is an extremely nice young man nd a real job to work with. Felt he was a very honest person with a true interest in his customers. Would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
He came right out and inspected my chimney as I noticed a little water stain on my living room ceiling above the fireplace. He explained the cracks that he found and sealed them up, He also did a patch on the flashing as we are about to replace the roof and he suggested it would be far cheaper to get it done with the roof rather than have him do it now, so he patched it. Showed him a problem with masonry on my greenhouse, and I contracted with him to come back and fix that.

Category masonry contractor","chimney repair contractor","fireplace company

12/12/2014

Eric returned my call promptly and scheduled an appointment for the next week. He was very professional, arrived right on time and went right to work. He did a thorough job and then told me a great any things about our fireplace and chimney that I had never knew, gave me good advice about problems that he discovered. He then cleaned the dryer vent and followed the same procedure, pointed out problems and gave me more good advice about the vent. Eric's work was very clean and he left the house in good shape when he left. I was very impressed with both his professionalism and his work. I was also impressed that he didn't mess around all, and his cell phone *never rang*! That seems to be a rarity nowadays.

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected chimney and fireplace and dryer vent.

07/13/2013

Eric was extremely thorough and did a great job. At the end of his visit, he provided a great deal of information to us regarding our fireplace. I would highly recommend and will use him again.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaned, inspected, fixed our jammed flue and replaced cap on chimney.

Category chimney sweep","chimney cap contractor","chimney repair contractor","fireplace company

04/02/2012

I would not recommend this company.

Description of Work
I would not recommend any Angie’s List member contact this company for service. I had made a phone call to this company on 3/27/12 to schedule an estimate. The neighbors on each side of us had extensive work done and appear to be satisfied with this company’s work so we felt it should it be on our short list of potential contractors. Either we unfortunately caught him on a bad day or this is just his general stance. As I made the appointment for an estimate, I told him we had been in the house for 6 years and were not sure what needed to be done. The man informed me that the cost is $50 to come out but it would be taken off the price of any work that was completed at a later date. He rattled off the price of cleaning the chimney, etc. and I told him that is fine but we have no idea what is needed so we just need an estimate and scheduled an appointment for the following Tuesday. On the Monday following this phone call (day before the appointment), my husband informed me that he would be unable to be home for this appointment so we would have to cancel. He called the company at approximately 4pm and informed them we would need to cancel. The man answering the phone was extremely rude and told my husband we would still need to pay him $50 for the cancelled appointment. My husband said “no” and the man’s response was that there is a 24-hour cancellation policy. This was not told to us when we originally scheduled the appointment and my husband informed him of that. The man then proceeded to tell my husband he records all phone calls and will take us to court to recoup the money. My husband then told him good luck with that and was immediately hung up on. This behavior is completely unprofessional, we should have known better the minute he said it was $50 to just come out and look around.

Category masonry contractor","chimney repair contractor

Chimney Cleaning, Inspection, Chimney Caps, Chimney Liners, Air Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Fireplaces, Firewood, Masonry, Porches, Steps, Concrete, Mail Boxes, Foundations, Basement Repairs, Additions & Custom Stone Work.

Please inquire