ABC Insulation

Founded 1974 • With Angi since June 1998

4559 Grafton Rd

Brunswick, OH 44212

At ABC Insulation, our number one concern is customer satisfaction. We believe this can only be accomplished by providing superior service, quality wood fiber cellulose insulation blown into attics and sidewalls and competitive pricing – all in a timely manner to meet your needs. If you’re looking for quality, dependability and integrity from a family owned company with a reputation for excellence, give us a call today. Award winning....

05/30/2020

Matthew M.

Contacted them to get a quote, pricing was fair for fiberglass batt insulation but they will only perform work if you bundle other services that are more expensive like blown-in insulation, which is 4x the cost of fiberglass insulation and already present in-home. Was told it wasn't profitable to do so without bundling the services, would not recommend unless you're ready to spend a lot of money on unnecessary service

Description of Work
Fiberglass insulation.

Category insulation

Sorry for the inconvenience and response, If you look at my profile it says that we are a blown in cellulose installer not a fiberglass batt installer. Perhaps if all you wanted is fiberglass insulation installed then you should have contacted a company that does fiberglass insulation not a company that does blown in cellulose. To rate a D on responsiveness is not true either we responded within the same day as contacted offered a fair price for the work needed. You chose to not want the services offered.

04/05/2020

James L.

Excellent work. Work was done inn 2016, but I was sick at the time and didn't write a review. They installed cellulose insulation in attic and a few overhead crawl spaces that they had to contort themselves to get into. House has been much warmer in winter and cooler in summer. Plus, ice melt and water leaking above laundry room was solved. Added baffles to overhang, wrapped recessed lights. Was professional job all around.

Description of Work
Attic insulation

01/31/2020

Steve F.

Excellent company to work with....very professional and honest about what needed done to make the house warmer and more comfortable. Steve paid special attention to certain areas of concern and those areas are no longer an issue. He also took care of some small issues in the basement at no extra charge. Call Steve today for a warmer, way more comfortable home!

Description of Work
Insulate attic to new recommendations plus insulate bump out dining room

08/28/2019

Jodi F.

Guys were on time, explained what they were doing, very nice and polite. Considerate of our property. They have the ability to insert cameras in the walls and it turns out we had very little insulation.

Description of Work
Blown in insulation for whole house

06/20/2019

Gregory B.

We’ve had conflicting information about our insulation in our attic that we are looking to finish. Contractors and roofers have said different things. ABC was a much more definitive answer. The owner came over same day I called. He gave me some suggestions and reassured me. I was very pleased with his info. Quite helpful.

Description of Work
Estimate for insulation

10/23/2018

VALERIE G.

We had ABC Insulation come out to insulate our home from top to bottom. The crew was very nice, professional, and did a very thorough job. They gave extra attention to areas where we've experienced cold spots, and when they were finished the owner (Steve) scanned the house to ensure there were no spots they missed. He found one small area on the second floor and had his guys go up there and fill it in before they left. Competitively priced, A+++ service, and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Blown-in attic and wall insulation

10/23/2018

Christopher Q.

Submitted my request on a Friday they came out that same day. Looked in attic and advised that insulation looked good and no additional insulation was necessary. He then went in my basement and gave me recommendations on how to maximize air flow (heat) to my upstairs. Didn’t have to knowing he wasn’t getting business from me based on his insulation recommendation. He was honest with me and I wouldn’t hesitate to call him again. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Inspect my attic and provide guidance/suggestion on whether or not insulation is needed.

10/04/2018

Raymond Z.

FANTASTIC! Definitely would use again. Steve Spaeth & Bill were a great team. Steve knows his stuff and does a great job of getting insulation added to every corner, even our vaulted ceiling. Despite the high temp of attics in summer and cramped quarters Steve works diligently to pay attention to the details that other contractors ignored, such as venting bathroom fans properly & not blocking air flow through attic vents. Not only will my home be warmer this winter for less, but I also expect an ice dam issue at the front entry to be eliminated. Money not only well spent, but reduction in energy costs will most likely pay for this improvement within a year. BEFORE YOU CALL ANY CONTRACTOR I highly recommend the home owner have an Energy Audit performed by their Gas Supplier (Columbia Gas charges $50, but with discount reduced to $25). When combining Angie's List discount, Columbia Gas rebates to Insulation company & home owner, as well as Federal Tax credit through IRS the bill for adding insulation was reduced by just under $1,000.00 ... AND THEN there will be the monthly reduction in heating/cooling costs. I had to change thermostat by 8 degrees due to house now having less energy loss.

Description of Work
Add to attic insulation. Also check for weak points for air infiltration

08/30/2018

Melissa H.

Guys were great, very nice, professional and cleaned up after the job. Would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Outer wall insulation

01/16/2018

RICK Z.

Steve and Jim did a great job. Steve use a thermal imager to detect areas of our home where the insulation was missing. They filled in wall cavities that, for whatever reason, were missing insulation and filled in spots in the attic I could not reach. Went through about 11 bags of insulation. Only thing we have to do is paint over the plastered quarter sized holes left in the walls. Much warmer and well worth the investment.

Description of Work
Fill in insulation where it was missing

12/29/2017

Katie V.

Steven and his team are great! The work they performed is top notch and my home is now back to being warm. Steven quoted my house from the phone based on square footage and gave very reasonable pricing along with some really really wonderful other money saving tips including a home energy assessment (which was free because of their referral) that will get me ~$500 back on the work they performed via the electric company. The energy assessment crew asked me who I was having perform the work on my house and their reaction was "oh those guys always do a great job". Steven was also sure to tell me about the tax benefits too and to save the paperwork for end of year. The crew was very kind and friendly the whole time they worked at my house. Really nice guys! With taxes and the rebates from the home assessment, I'll get about $700 back on the services performed. They blew in R-44 insulation (you have to go up to R-44 to get the rebate), performed air sealing, blocked off my soffits, replaced old styrofoam to seal my attic door, and replaced crumbling fiberglass on the sides of the walls. They kept my house clean and did all of that in 3.5 hours.

Description of Work
Attic re-insulated, air ceiling

10/25/2017

Douglas D.

Very well! Efficient, on time and cleaned up well after. Very pleasant experience!

Description of Work
Home insulation

10/02/2017

Jeffrey W.

It worked out fine. They sent one person for job. They were courteous with my home and easy to communicate with.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $49 for an Attic Energy Evaluation and Thermal Camera Scan, Plus up to $250 Credit. We were looking for areas of energy loss.

07/22/2017

Baiju S.

We had a very good experience with them

Description of Work
Insulation

07/18/2017

Thomas K.

We did use them. It was pretty good. We went with it. We were pretty happy with it. We went with them based off their reviews and they were close.

Description of Work
It was for an estimate.

07/18/2017

Judith R.

They were awesome. They were wonderful to deal with. Very honest. Cleaned up the area when they were through. I would highly recommend them. He hooked me up with a program for energy rebate and I got $500 and ninety something dollars back. It was an excellent program. They come out and inspect your house to make sure he did a good quote and that you really needed the work done and then they come back outside and check inside. They check your windows to make sure you have insulated windows and you are not losing energy out through the windows or the outlets or anything. They provided me with a free carbon monoxide detector. Offered to replace shower heads with a water conservation head. It's just a very nice program. It's free. I think it was a very fair price. I definitely would give them another call and I've already offered his name to several of the neighbors.

07/13/2017

Patrick T.

They were fine. There were no issues with them. I think they could be a bit more thorough.

Description of Work
They insulated the attic

07/12/2017

Georgann B.

They weren't the most expensive, they weren't least expensive. I am satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
They insulated the attic.

07/11/2017

Lee C.

They took care not to damage any furniture. They did a good job with the insulation and clean ed up when they were done.

Description of Work
They insulated several exterior walls of our home.

07/11/2017

Ryan B.

That was good. That was fine. They left the area clean.

Description of Work
They did just the attic.

05/22/2017

Charles H.

very well, over 8 inches of insulation in attic.

Description of Work
Blown in insulation in attic.

04/25/2017

EDWARD P.

It went great they even did more then I expected because the original home owner didn't put the insulation in right, he had vapor barrier facing the cold instead of down towards the warm interior of the house. When they finished they did a fantastic job of cleaning up all there mess.

Description of Work
insulated the attic

Category insulation, energy audit

04/06/2017

Mark F.

Wonderfully. I was very pleased with the technician's promptness, professionalism, and helpfulness. The appointment took less than an hour and I was able to receive an email with a copy of the problematic areas right from the scan.

Description of Work
Heat scan of residence for Heating/Cooling and insulation coverage.

04/03/2017

BEVERLEY F.

Very well. On time and professional. Cleaned up after they were down.

Description of Work
Insulation in the attic.

02/27/2017

Jeff T.

Very well. They were thorough and did not leave any kind of mess. This insulation had a significant impact on my heating bill!

Description of Work
Insulation in attic, crawl spaces, knee walls, and some ceilings.