Genie of Fairview Door Co

Founded 1964 • With Angi since September 1998

3501 E Royalton Rd

Broadview heights, OH 44147

Since 1964, Cleveland, Akron & Northeast Ohio have relied on the professionals at Genie of Fairview Door Co. for garage door and garage door opener installation and repair services. And as an Angie’s List Super Service Award winner since 2009, we know what great service looks and feels like! Daily we work on and are knowledgeable about all major brands, including Genie, Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Sears Craftsman, Multicode, Stanley and more. Hiring us to repair or replace your garage door or garage door opener, you can rest assured that we’re exclusively dedicated to this field: It is our only business. Garage Door Parts We Fix or Replace Torsion Spring Replacement Cables Rollers Garage Door Sections Hinges Track Garage Opener / Operator Repair List Includes Safety Sensor Keyless Entry Pad Transmitters Programming Adjustments...

03/15/2021

Dennis S.

Extremely well. They quoted me a price over the phone for the new opener and stuck to it! When the installer arrived he warned us that the repair may be more than expected and explained why. I approved it. When he got into it he determined it was not as extensive as originally thought! Both doors work very well now. It has been over 2 weeks since the work was done.

Description of Work
Replaced one garage door opener and repaired the second one

11/12/2020

Sharon W.

Tech was excellent. Came the next day after we called. Explained everything. Courteous.

Description of Work
Wires had to be repositioned.

01/03/2020

Tamara S.

It went great. Called and they came out the next day and fixed the door

Description of Work
Stop latch replaced

12/29/2019

Tamara S.

Very fast response to my call and fix

Description of Work
Fix the door stopper

11/14/2019

Barbara T.

It went well. Installer was professional and work was done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Install a garage door opener and repair a garage door.

10/09/2018

Jose V.

It was great. I will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Installed a new garage door with an opener on a rental property.

Category garage doors

Thanks for the nice review and your business. We appreciate it.

06/27/2018

Byron S.

Service technician was prompt and professional. Job was done quickly and efficiently. Technician also oiled rollers and tension spring and rollers of second garage door.

Description of Work
Replace garage door tension spring

03/26/2018

Robert M.

The repairman was prompt and courteous and inspected and tuned up the door, even though that wasn’t the main reason we called. The price is not low — there is a set price for service calls — but the work was well done. He explained the work well, and answered our questions patiently and clearly.

Description of Work
Fixed garage door remote opener and did general maintenance

03/02/2018

Lois W.

Very well: technician identified problem with infrared wiring & corrected it & adjusted the chain on the opener. He also was proactive & did an over-all check of garage door parts - oiled & tighted as needed & adjusted garage door springs. He explained everything he did & gave us some helpful information.

Description of Work
Problem with garage door opener.

12/14/2017

Arthur B.

Professional and courteous. Performed agreed upon services and performed the Lift Master garage door opener installation well.

Description of Work
Garage door opener install

12/05/2017

Kathleen A.

Repair completed quickly and professionally

Description of Work
Spring on garage door broke

05/26/2017

PAUL B.

The quality of the door openers is excellent and they are extremely quiet, very happy with them. They replaced my previous Genie door openers that were 17 years old. My only complaint is that the installer ripped down all of the old wires and in the process all of the old wire staples went flying everywhere. As a result I have been picking up staples off of the garage floor for weeks now hoping none of them find their way into one of my car tires. Not good!

Description of Work
Purchased 2 new garage door openers.

05/22/2017

david H.

Excellent service. They can out and inspected the garage, provided a quote for the work and scheduled the installation date. They removed the old door and installed the new one on time and with no problems and cleaned up nicely afterwards.

Description of Work
Replaced complete garage door and tracks.

04/06/2017

Amy D.

I am extremely happy with Genie of Fairview. They were able to come the morning after I initially called, and the work was done with high quality. It's always nice to find a service provider who does the work with no hassles or surprises. The new opener is fantastic -- it's stunning how quiet it is. They had previously installed new garage doors for me in 2011, and they also did an excellent job for me then and charged a very fair price. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replacement of garage door opener

11/07/2016

Lee S.

Well, they did a great job. Would use again

Description of Work
New garade door was needed

07/05/2016

Mel and Marilyn W.

The mechanic, Dave, was excellent. They did a real nice job. I would recommend them very highly, I've used their services more than once.

Description of Work
They installed a new bottom panel on my garage door that was rotting.

04/30/2016

Dennis D.

He arrived on time. Took one and a half hours. Spent time with us to explain all the features of the new garage door openner. Very professional.

Description of Work
Replace the garage door openner.

04/21/2016

Cynthia K.

I called one one day and got an appointment for the next day. I was told to call back in the morning and they would give me a 2 hour window for when a technician would arrive. I called at 9, we told between 10 and 11, and he arrived at 10:15. I had one opener that the gear had completely fallen apart, and one door with a loose chain and a bent metal tracking. Chain was tightened and tracking replaced. All three doors were checked, oiled, and are working great - all within 45 minutes and a very reasonable price. And I loved the promptness of service!

Description of Work
Replaced gear on garage door opener on one door; replaced tracking on another door, oiled, greased, and checked all three doors..

01/03/2016

Robert A.

The initial installation by Jeff went well. He was very professional and efficient. He removed the old door and disposed of it as agreed. At the end of the installation, as he was about to install the weather striping, Jeff noticed that the windows in the upper panel were too high and would be too close to the weather striping. There was a three inch error in the total height of the door. If there were no windows in the upper panel it would have no effect. Thanks to Jeffs attention to detail he caught the error. A new intermediate panel was ordered. and arrived in three weeks. Thanks to the efficient scheduling by Yvonne, the rework was immediately planned within days of the panels arrival at the company. Jeff returned with the correct panel and completed the installation. He had some trouble getting the door to work smoothly but he persisted and did a great job. I did not expect that the three inch diffence would be a problem. Again, thanks to Jeffs attention to detail, the door works smoothly and I am very pleased with Genie of Fairview Door Co, and its personel

Description of Work
Installed a new double garage door and new Genie garage door opener

Category garage doors,handyman service,doors

08/12/2015

JIM & DIANE S.

Showed up on time and went straight to work. Pleased with work performed and although the garage door is not insulated and not as quiet as the service provided thought it could be if insulated, it is considerably quieter than before he serviced. Would not hesitate to use vendor again.

Description of Work
General maintenance of system. Re-keyed wireless entry pad and provided additional remote control.for system.

07/06/2015

William J.

They were very good. They were right on time and services were as promised.

Description of Work
We used Genie of Fairview Doors. We have used them a couple of times for the garage door and then for service. They replaced everything on the garage door.

06/30/2015

Amy R.

This company was so easy to work with and so accommodating to my schedule! Every person I interacted with was friendly and helpful. Being a first time homeowner, fixing things in the house has been overwhelming. Genie of Fairview made at least this one project stress-free! The price was comparable to other companies. My door arrived ahead of schedule and I was able to make an appointment very quickly to have it installed. What was so great about my experience was the scheduling error I made and how they dealt with it. I put the install date in my calendar a week off. So the day they showed up to install the door I was working. I saw a missed call from them about 3 hours after they called, and quickly called them up. Despite my not being home, they were able to get in through the unlocked side garage door and were almost done when I called! They said it was no problem and to just give them a call in the next couple of days to let them know everything looked good from my standpoint, and at that point I could pay over the phone. They made everything sound so easy and uncomplicated despite the hiccups. And I LOVE my new door and opener. My old door was rusting, loud, and no longer aligned with the floor (leaving a gap on the one side). The new door is beautiful, so quiet, and I have a keypad for easy entry. Thank you so much!!

Description of Work
I had a garage door and opener replaced.

04/29/2015

Amie M.

Called them on the recommendation of a guy at work and that they were on Angie's list. Quick appointment scheduled, which was nice. Told me they would call me and let me know 15 minutes before they got there so I could leave work and get home. I had given them my work and cell number. Called them in the AM and they said it would be between 2 and 4 pm. Hadn't heard from them by 3:30 so I left work and went home. By 4:10 still no call, so I called them. I was told he was on his way. I had a dinner engagement so I was hoping it wouldn't take long. Finally at 4:45 I went out to the garage and noticed the Saf-T-Beams were on. Then I noticed they were NEW Saf-T-Beams. I turned to go in the house and there was an envelope hung on the door with an invoice in it. So they had been there without my being there. Not real happy with that. Also, the guy at work that recommended them said he paid them $250 to put in a new one at his house. So I paid $221.51 ($114.36 parts, $40 labor, $58.00 service call, $9.15 tax) to fix mine. Could I have gotten a new one installed for $250 AS WELL. Don't know as I was not given a chance to make that decision. Other than that the work was done, and it is working. So next time I will learn to lock the door so they have to call me I guess.

Description of Work
Fixed my garage door opener.

02/10/2015

Rosemary P.

Called Monday morning; was scheduled for the following day. Called Tuesday at 8:05 and was told technician would arrive between 11 and 1. Technician arrived around noon, assessed problem, went to work, completed job in less than an hour. Door was always noisy (since we moved in 4 yrs ago), but a few days ago began to scream when activated and had trouble lifting the door. After repairs, the door opens (and closes) easily and quietly. The technician answered my questions and provided useful advice about maintenance and condition of door and opener. We're very happy with the service and with handling of the call by the office. We will definitely call Genie of Fairview Door Co. next time we need service and we strongly recommend them to anyone who needs such service.

Description of Work
Replaced carriage and greased rail; repaired strut and header mount, serviced and oiled.

12/02/2014

Sharon G.

Genie of Fairlawn did a great job! You see, I'm the property manager for this house and my tenant called me and told me the garage door was crooked and she couldn't lift it straight. I told her that I'd be over to see what I could do. I know that this door is a wood (heavy) old garage door and I didn't know if I could fix it myself, PLUS I was on my way out of town and I didn't have all day to do anything. When I saw the door, I knew that I couldn't do anything to fix it and I was concerned that it would fall off of the tracks or be damaged, should I try. I called another company first, and they informed me that they no longer did garage doors but I asked the gal for a suggestion of who to contact and she told me that she would suggest Genie of Fairlawn. I called and not only did they replace the wheels at a reasonable cost, but they also fixed the cable that had come loose. I was concerned that it was a spring that had broken, but they checked it out and fixed what was needing help in a very timely manner. My tenant was happy to be able to get her car out of the garage, and I was happy that job was done during the same day of my call. Thank you!

Description of Work
Double car garage door was at an angle. Genie of Fairlawn replaced rollers and fixed the cable that had come loose.

Window Nation Inc

Window Nation is one of America's leading window replacement companies. Founded in 2006 by brothers, Harley and Aaron Magden, Window Nation has installed over 1 million windows in more than 125,000 homes across New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Ohio, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Washington D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia. Over the past decade, Window Nation has grown to become the 5th largest home remodeling company in the country, according to Remodeling Magazine. At Window Nation our mission is simple. We solve problems by installing solutions. We do this by offering customized products installed by highly skilled professionals at an unsurpassed value.

Silver Hammer Handyman Services LLC

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Handyman services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Mr. Handyman of Cleveland's Northwest Suburbs

Mr. Handyman solves all your home repair and home project needs. We have been in business for over 12 years. Our technicians are highly skilled, with over 10 years experience. They are capable performing any project around the home and our work is guaranteed. We have the staff to respond to any request for work within three business days or sooner. We also do bathroom and kitchen remodeling.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Residential, industrial & commercial sales, repair & installation - garage doors, dock doors, rolling steel doors, door openers, rolling counter shutters, keyless entries, transmitters, springs, cables, rollers, sections, & aluminum & vinyl wrapping

Ask for details.