Packard Repair Service & Locksmith

Founded 1965 • With Angi since November 1999

8614 Brecksville Rd

Brecksville, OH 44141

Owner operated. No subs used. Cost determined by the job. No travel charges. Extra charge for after hours service.

Deborah J.
11/09/2013
I made a phone call to them and they were there within an hour. I said I could wait but my door was fixed approximately 90 minutes after my call. Great service, wonderful person and company and I plan on calling on them again when I get my back door replaced so I don't need more than one key to get in any door in my house
Description of Work
Could not open my dead bolt to get out of my front door. First I thought it was the key but realized it was the lock
Jerry D.
09/30/2013
My experience went very well. He was very cordial and efficient. He was also very honest and professional. The pricing was reasonable. I would recommend this company to others.
Description of Work
They came to change the locks.
Paula S.
08/01/2013
My job was too big for this company, he referred me to others and was very helpful.
Description of Work
Referred to other professionals
Kelli S.
07/24/2013
I'd used Packard Repair's services previously and once again, they proved to be outstanding. The re-keying of my locks was done on time, and with utmost professionalism. The thing I like most about Packard Repair is their honesty and integrity - they tell you right up front if a particular job is not their specialty ... then they usually help you find just to right source for that project! There's a reason so many people trust this business ... the Packard's have earned it by doing people right for many years.
Description of Work
Re-keyed locks.
handyman service, locksmith
Marilyn S.
09/24/2012
I called, gave verbal list of work to be done, made appointment. Handyman/plumber came promptyly on date and time of appointment, did necessary work plus a couple of other things that came up, prepared an invoice. I paid the bill.
Description of Work
Various maintenance inside & outside. Inside: caulked area in fireplace, replaced cartridge in kitchen faucet. Outside: replaced electrical outlet, removed dead decorative lamps in perennial bed, checked proper performance of other outside lights, re-fastened deck trim, added bracket to deck trim for gas line to grill, spray painted rusted area of gas line to grill, fixed piece of aluminum siding that had slid out of place. 2 1/2 hours of work, well done as always. Have been using this service for 5 years with no complaints. Always on time. Always excellent work.
handyman service, plumbing
Erik K.
04/28/2012
INSTALLED WHEN PROM,ISED AT PRICE PROMISED. PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH.
Description of Work
NEW MAILBOX INSTALLED WITH POST
handyman service, locksmith
Patricia S.
03/28/2012
Everything was fine. He did a great job. He came out within a couple of days and because I was not there when he was doing the work he made sure the keys were left inside my house, he slid them under my condo door in an envelope.
Description of Work
I have a storage room with a lock. I lost some of my keys at my father's house and the key to that room was on the keyring. I had him come to change the doorknob and lock on the door so I could use the room again.
Karen P.
09/14/2011
I have used him only once. He was very responsive in returning my call when I initially contacted him. He was very quick to call me back and find out what I needed to see if he might be able to fulfill that. He was very helpful in describing what needed to be done and the options that I had. He did an excellent job.
Description of Work
I used Packard Repair Service & Locksmith to repair a lamp post in my driveway.
Cindy Pardee A.
03/28/2011
He showed up right on time, installed the new mail box post in concrete and cleaned up the dirt in the area. He did a great job.
Description of Work
Installed new mail box post in concrete.
handyman service, mailbox repair
ROLAND C.
12/03/2010
We have been using him for years. He is very good and very punctual. He doesn’t always come out immediately unless we have an emergency. He is very reliable and comes out when he says he would. He also cleans up after his himself. If at all he is going to be a bit late he would call us and keep us informed. He is the best we have found as far as we are concerned. We are very satisfied with his work.
Description of Work
We used Packard Repair Service & Locksmith for some plumbing work.
Jeff C.
08/02/2009
Rich is very experienced and takes pride in his work. He is knowlegable and innovative in his approach to solving problems. He kept us informed throughout the process and hauled away our old equipment. We are pleased with the quality of the repairs/alterations and will definitely ask Rich do more work for us in the future.
Description of Work
Installed/replaced valves/plumbing fixtures & new dryer vent, and replaced electrical outlet
STEPHANIE K.
06/23/2009
Mr. Packard did an excellent job. It looked like new. He is all about quality.
Description of Work
Reaired our unusual custom mailbox
LENORE H.
02/10/2009
It was a good experience. It was dripping and he did a good job replacing it. We had an unknown make of a faucet and couldn't find replacement parts so he installed a new one. He's very handy, was on time, is very pleasant and a good guy. He also does handy work and locksmithing at our church.
Description of Work
He replaced our kitchen faucet.
handyman service, plumbing
07/19/2008
Rich was doing other work for us and we casually asked him about the screen. He said he could fix it at his shop. Took the door, replaced the screen, returned same day to install.
Description of Work
Needed a new screen on our sliding patio door. Rich provided an estimate, fixed it same day and returned to install. Excellent work.
Category
handyman service, screen repair, doors
07/19/2008
Rich provided an estimate, obtained needed missing parts, assembled a new mailbox out of the box, poured the concrete foundation, let it cure for a few days, then returned to install it in the ground. Excellent service all around.
Description of Work
Assembled a new mailbox, poured concrete foundation and installed new mailbox in ground.
concrete repair, mailbox repair
ROLAND C.
07/14/2008
He comes very prepared. He always has the equipment he needs for the job. He rarely has to leave to go and get equipment. He is local. He is always on time. He cleans up all his mess when he is done.
Description of Work
He does all of my plumbing work that I have had done at my house.
MIKE & AMY M.
02/13/2008
When they came out we had a hinge on our kitchen cabinet that was broken and we had looked everywhere for a good replacement. Mr. Packard went out to his truck, brought in a universal hinge, fixed the issue and did not charge us for that. He really knows what he is doing and is interested in getting you what you need.
Description of Work
They took down some French doors and replaced them. He painted them and did a good job. They also did some minor deck repair.
Category
handyman service, deck cleaning, interior painters
09/18/2007
Excellent work, prompt, and professional
Description of Work
Replaced all locks and we only have to use one key.
BRUCE S.
10/23/2006
Arrived on time. Finished on schedule. Very good workmanship. Nice level installation which is often lacking. Cost a little higher than quoted over the phone but the job was well done.
Description of Work
Remove old mailbox, installed new post and Step Two mailbox.
JILL C.
04/26/2006
Rich was extremely prompt in returning all phone calls and providing a quote in writing. He called to let me know what day he had booked on his calendar and confirmed via phone when he was on his way. He had the utility companies out to mark lines to reduce any potential issues. I was extremely pleased from start to end, and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
Description of Work
Rich installed 36 mailboxes in our development which we had purchased for the homeowners through the Homeowners Association. The installation was about $54 per box. While we provided the mailbox, he was responsible for other materials, including the 4x4 post and concrete. He removed & hauled away the old mailboxes, increased the post hole size, installed a 4x4 post in concrete, set the mailboxes & leveled them. He and his team of 1 other person were done in 1 day... no mess left behind, and existing landscaping in the curb lawns was not disturbed.
JOHN K.
04/24/2006
VERY GOOD. RICH ARRIVED ON TIME, WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND EFFICIENT.
Description of Work
REPLACED LOCKS ON HOME.
01/17/2006
Mr. Packard seems to know how to do it all. He has fixed our faucets, toilets, light fixtures. He's very knowledgeable and professional and always a pleasure to deal with. He's honest and tells you when he would rather not do a job and will give you a referral.
Description of Work
There was a leak under the kitchen sink that we weren't aware of until the flooring started to buckle in the cabinet under the sink. Mr. Packard came and put in a new pipe connection and cleaned up the putty connections.
CHERYL G.
04/28/2005
HE RESPONDS IN A TIMELY MANNER AND GETS OUT TO YOU PRETTY WUICKLY. I HAVE A TOILET THAT IS HARD TO REACH AND HE WAS ABLE TO FIX IT WITHOUT ACTYUALLY SEEING IT. HE DOESN'T WASTE A LOT OF TIME AND HE ARRIVES EXACTLY WHEN HE SAYS HE WILL.
Description of Work
HE UNJAMMED BY KITCHEN DISPOSAL AND REPLACED THE TOILET FLUSH UNIT IN MY BATHROOM THEY SAME DAY. HE HAS ALSO REPAIRED OTHER ITEMS IN THE HOUSE AS NEEDED.
CHRIS W.
01/02/2005
I'D HIRE THIS COMPANY AGAIN, AND PLAN TO DO SO, WHENEVER I NEED GENERAL ''HANDY-MAN'' TYPE SERVICES DONE.
Description of Work
THE COMPANY PERFORMED SEVERAL MISCELLANEOUS ''HANDY-MAN'' TYPE JOBS, AND DID THEM ALL IN A PROFESSIONAL AND TIMELY MANNER.
MARTHA & RICH S.
04/27/2004
HE IS A REPAIRMAN FROM THE OLD SCHOOL. VERY PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS.
Description of Work
HE INSTALLED BRAND NEW POST AND MAIL BOX.

Mihals Interiors

I have been in business for 25 years. I do interior painting, wall paper hanging, wall covering removal, along with light wall repair. I am a graduate of the Vermont School of Professional Paper Hanging. I service Cuyahoga, Lorain, Medina, Guaga, Lake and Portage Counties. I offer senior discounts. I am insured and offer free estimates and advice. When you call you will deal only with myself.

2022 Super Service Award

Pinpoint Painting & Renovation

As a multiple year Super Service Award Winner, we offer interior & exterior painting services (residential & commercial) in Northeast Ohio including the Cleveland and Akron areas. Along with providing high quality workmanship, we work hard to deliver exceptional customer service and responsive communication with every project. We offer free estimates and accept all major credit cards. We typically do not require any upfront payment for projects less than $3,000. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business! Note: Due to the structuring of our crews and production scheduling, we have a minimum project size of $1,500 for exterior projects and $750 for interior projects.

CMN Painting

CMN Painting is a owner operated painting company with 15 years experience in the business. The owner of CMN Painting is on each and every job from start to finish ensuring that you get the paint job that you are promised and expect. We do not hire sub contractors to do our work, we are full time professional painters and always give you a professional paint job. Not only by acting professional but by doing the prep work that it takes to give you a great paint job, while others talk about it we actually do it. Call us any time for your Free professional estimate.

Ask For Details