Fire Side Homes

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2010

1330 Poorman Rd

Bellville, OH 44813

Fire Side Homes and Excavating is a company built on the idea that customer satisfaction and quality should be top priorities. All work is either performed by or directly supervised by the owner himself. Fire Side Homes and Excavating is fully insured and a member of the Richland County Chamber of Commerce. A+ Rated by Better Business Bureau.References are available upon request....

04/18/2016

Fred F.

Job went very well. The guys who did the on-site work with the equipment were very efficient, very capable, and very much willing to accommodate owner wishes. There was slight confusion about the terms of the contract. Nothing major but I would suggest that such a contract be as detailed as possible and the owner should be sure to obtain a copy that has the signature of the appropriate business representative so there is as little confusion as possible about the terms of the contract.

Description of Work
Two operators, two pieces of equipment (skidsteer, small track hoe), four 10 hour days to clear country lot by demolishing old, two story house plus 3 small outbuildings. Salvaged cut stones used as basement walls. Buried appropriate trash as possible and loaded dumpster as necessary.

07/05/2015

Ken H.

Matt and his crew completed this project over a two-week period. The scope of this project was large. The ground around the basement walls were dug to the footers. The house was jacked up and structurally secured before proceeding w/demolition of the walls. A subcontractor was hired to rebuild the basement walls. All of the crew members were very professional. Additionally, a number of other projects were performed around the property. The team was very open to any changes as the project moved forward. Matt was clear on what the price of the project would be and let me know how much additional items would be if I decided to add them on to the project. Fireside provided exceptional quality and value on this project.

Description of Work
Main job included excavating 45 ft. of underground basement wall that was structurally unsound, building new concrete basement wall, waterproofing wall, installing footer and downspout drains, backfilling to grade w/stone. Additional work included significant grading of yard, running underground electric to external garage and pole light, grading driveway, topping driveway w/limestone.

06/02/2014

Adrienne H.

Other than taking a little longer than expected (dont these things always), it went very well. Most days they came as they stated. Kept everything very clean, we lived in the house during all the work with no problem. They answered all questions and offered changes to save us money if they saw a better option. All the work was done very well and looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I absolutely love my tiled kitchen counter the most!!!! All the work is quality construction and almost a year later everything is still perfect. i will be using Fire Side for any other home improvements or property work.

Description of Work
Counters, floors and sink in kitchen, bathroom counters, installed a gas fireplace stove in living room, front porch railing system.

Category basement waterproofing

02/17/2014

Guy P.

I did not use this contractor for any work or business. Thank your Bud Pasheilich

Description of Work
I did not use or deal with this contractor for any work thank you

08/02/2013

Kathleen I.

He was very friendly, professional. I had a really good feeling about him and the company until I got the estimate, way more than expected. In the email, he apologized for the amount, saying it was due to price increases in materials.

Description of Work
he came to the house to give an estimate for waterproofing the basement.

Category excavators

I would like to know how my price compares to other waterproofing quotes covering the same work. I am only too expensive if someone else costs less for the work it is very labor and material intensive and I always tell people I will not know the true cost until I do the math. I was on time exactly when I said I would be there so I am not sure on the punctuality rating. I think people don't understand what it cost to do work.

08/02/2013

Kevin J B.

The job originally was to take 5 days in the middle of June. Because of the constant rains it took a little longer. I feel that the job was a little rushed at the end and the cobblestones were not spread evenly. When I called Mr. Emerson he promptly returned with a skimmer and a roller and promptly fixed the problem by redistributing and leveling the drive. I must admit that I was skeptical about using cobblestones (this was not the drive I envisioned) but now after a couple of weeks and several rains (and being driven on) those heavy stones have really begun to sink into the clay and a solid road bed is developing.

Description of Work
Excavate and construct a 650 foot gravel driveway elevating the low areas using clay from a borrow pit on the property. In one spot a double walled culver was installed to allow passage of water from one side of the drive to the other. Number 1 & 2 gravel (or cobblestones) was used to top the drive. The stones were then spread and packed with a roller.

04/01/2013

Les W.

Communication with the owner leading up to the work was good, and responsiveness was very good. Arrived on time, did a very good job of cleanly and safely removing the oil tank, filling hole with gravel, and replacing original soil. Price for service was very reasonable, and work was performed as promised.

Description of Work
Excavated and removed underground residential oil tank, filled hole with self-compacting gravel, replaced soil.

01/10/2013

Curt W.

The owner, Matt Anderson, was great to work with. He came and priced it out and gave me an estimate. He was able to work quickly to get us on the calendar. It was a week-long project. The crew was very good to work with and they explained what they were doing. They gave us examples of things to look out for if we had any further concerns and responded to any of our questions. They explained the rationale and process they were using. They included us in making the decisions and wanted to make sure that we were comfortable with moving forward with the rest of the project after the excavation. There were some damages because of the machinery they used and they purchased replacement pieces, which was appreciated.

Description of Work
We used Fireside Homes & Excavating.

09/19/2011

Terry H.

All went well, it took longer than what he said it would but it was worth the time.

Description of Work
Fire Side (Matt) did a great job on a 100ft. wall that was needed to hold our driveway on a hillside, it was a hard spot to work in and they did a great job...

Category concrete driveways, excavators, pavers, gravel

07/23/2011

Patti H.

We had started tile replacement in front of our house at the beginning of the summer. We dug by hand until a wall of dirt collapsed making it impossible to finish the project safely. From our first phone call to Matt Emerson, he was professional and knowledgeable. I talked to him on Tuesday afternoon and he was at our house on Thursday morning at 9 a.m. to do the job. He described how to correctly finish the project. (We had thouroughly researched tiling before we began.) He brought another worker and a small backhoe to finish the job in one day. (The temperature was 97+ that day, too!) He also brought in and loaded a dumptruck with the discarded soil. His team worked steadily and cleaned as they went. The price was reasonable, but the other companies weren't able to give us price quotes, so we're not sure how the price compares. Having started this project ourselves, though, I believe what we paid Fire Side was well worth it. We could have saved a lot of time and trouble by hiring them in the first place. We are very pleased with the results and highly recommend the company.

Description of Work
THey finished excavating the trench we dug on the north side of the house for re-tiling. The trench dirt had collapsed, so they removed the dirt before beginning. They power washed and dried the cement wall, tarred the wall, placed rock, tile and tar paper in the trench and filled the remainder of the space with dirt. The extra dirt was loaded into a dumptruck and they cleaned up the workspace before leaving.

Category excavators, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

05/25/2010

Dean P.

We were very pleased with the experience from start to finish! The crew that arrived was punctual and curtious. They explained what needed to be done and my final bill was actually lower than the estimate! They arrived with their excavator and within two days had removed the tree, repaired the wall segment, waterproofed the repairs, installed drainage tile, properly regraded the yard area and prepared the area for seeding. We were pleasantly suprised by the workmanship, price and professionalism of the company. We have sinced recommended Fire Side Homes and Excavating to our friends. It was evident from observing the project that Mr. Emerson is well skilled and experienced in these type of repairs. It has been nearly two years since the repair and our basement remains remarkably dry and pleasant. We would highly recommend Fire Side Homes and Excavating for price, workmanship, speed of service and professionalism! I urge you compare estimates with other similar companies...I'm sure you will be as pleased with Fire Side Homes and Excavating as we were.

Description of Work
The rear corner of our home was damaged by the roots of a large tree that eventually pushed in a wall segment near our bilco doors. There was also improper grading and drainage that caused water to enter the basement area. At a time when we were attempting to sell our home we needed the problem corrected. We had spoken with several people and they had recommended "Fire Side Homes and Excavating". This is a small company that was started by an excavator that had many years with a much larger excavating company that did residential and commercial work.

Platinum Xtreme Excavating, LLC

Providing excavation services. We specialize in land clearing, driveway excavations, property culverts, basement digs, trenching for water lines and utilities, leveling for foundations, landscaping retaining walls, pond digs and other custom projects. We are a small privately owned company that will give you a personal touch to your project.

L & M Masonry & Concrete

L & M Masonry & Concrete, in Mansfield, OH, is the premier concrete contractor serving Richland County. We specialize in driveways, basement waterproofing, decorative concrete, parking lots and much more. For more information, contact L & M Masonry & Concrete in Mansfield.

Kurt Hill & Son Trucking and Paving

We do asphalt paving of parking lots, driveways, create basketball courts, driveways. We can also your patch parking lots as well as driveways. We are a small business therefore we pride ourselves on the work we do and insure the customer is completely satisfied. We back our work with a guarantee. We have been into the paving business for over 15 years.

Check, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Custom homes. Pole buildings. Basement drainage & repair. Septic installation. Remodeling. Excavation.

Ask for details.