Bass Lock And Key

Founded 1975 • With Angi since February 1999

26701 Richmond Rd

Bedford, OH 44146

40 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job or hr, depending on service. Travel charges may apply. Extra charge may apply for 24 hr emergency service.

07/12/2018

CAROLYN G H.

Excellent. Jim was prompt, attended to detail and worked quickly.

Description of Work
reconfigure lock that was worn out

04/02/2018

RALPH C.

They were great. Showed up on time, and were very thorough in the work, and explained everything sufficiently. They added no additional work, and were very personable and professional?

Description of Work
Fixed two door locks

12/11/2015

Mary H.

Would definitely hire this company again. Price was extremely reasonable.

Description of Work
The lock on our front door had literally fallen off in my mother's hand. I had called on Wednesday evening and asked if they could come the next day and install new locks if I went out and purchased them myself. The person answering the phone said absolutely but was more concerned that we could actually lock our door that evening (yes, because it also had a deadbolt). She said that a technician could be out early afternoon and they would call with a more specific time in the morning. They called and told me to expect Jim between 1:30 and 2:00 -- he showed up promptly at 1:45. He replaced the locks on all three of my outside doors and keyed them to be all alike. He was very nice and totally professional.

09/30/2013

Ken W.

They provided hard to find keys for a classic chevrolet. The locks were rekeyed and work perfect after I lost the only original set I had for the car.

Description of Work
research keys for a classic vehicle

Category insurance companies

07/22/2013

Simone M.

Everything went fine and the locksmith provided us with additional information. We would highly recommend and would use this service again and again.

Description of Work
Changed all of our locks as we just moved in to our new home.

03/15/2012

MARTIN W.

On time, as quoted, very nice and professional locksmith.

Description of Work
Re-keyed 7 locks and provided 10 keys.

03/08/2012

ROBERT S.

Everything went well with this project.

Description of Work
Dead bolt on front door was very sticky. Had been reinstalled "crooked" by painter. Young service technian came on time, spent about an hour, lock works perfectly to this day. Been dealing with Bass for over 30 years. No complaints.

06/25/2009

ROBERT P.

The experience was fine and they did a good job. They came out in a timely manner and got it done. The price was OK and I didn't have anything to compare it to.

Description of Work
They changed our lock on the front door.

02/18/2009

LINDA L.

The person that took the information for the appointment was very thorough. She asked several questions and set up an an appointment for me. When the technician arrived, he asked me what he was supposed to be doing for me. I explained the work to be done and he went out to his truck to key the new lockset. He came right back telling me that he didn't have one on the truck. He usually did, but didn't know why he didn't have one today. He would have to comeback at another time. I wasn't upset by this as it wasn't an emergency. Then, he told me that I would have to pay $65 for a service call which would be credited when he came back. When I refused to pay, because I hadn't received any service, he told me that I would still have to pay. Since there was no way I would pay him anything, I called the office and talked to his supervisor. The supervisor told me that I would have to at least pay a deposit on the lockset. I refused, telling him that I didn't have to pay a deposit when I set up the service call. The supervisor then spoke to the technician and I was told that he would be back within the hour with the lockset. He installed it with no problem. and I paid him. I would not use this company again.

Description of Work
The work was to replace the lockset on the door between my garage and house.

08/19/2008

RAYMOND & PAULA W.

I am completely satisfied and won't hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
Installation of front door handle and lock set.

Category locksmith, home security systems

07/08/2008

LISA H.

This was a very frustrating experience. The first appointment resulted in a no-show, and when I called I could not reach a human being until the third attempt. I was told that the phone system had been out of service, and that the scheduler is not reliable and she had put down the wrong time. For the second appointment, the technician arrived late, again saying that the scheduler had put down the wrong time. I was told that the technician did not have the type of dead bolt I wanted on the truck and would have to order it, even though I had specified what I was looking for when I made the appointment. I was charged for the visit, and ordered the dead bolt. After 11 days of silence, and several attempts to reach a human being again, I was told that the company was just about the call the vendor to check on the part. I was contacted later and was able to schedule the installation for 3 days later. The installation went smoothly. Two weeks later I called to tell the company that the dead bolt seemed to be loose. A technician arrived a third time and told me that "a little play was normal". I'm not sure I agree, but I was told that if the dead bolt broke it would be replaced. I found the customer service aspect of this particularly frustrating.

Description of Work
The company replaced an old dead bolt with a new self-locking dead bolt.

03/07/2008

emily F.

When I called to make the appointment, I specifically requested that Baldwin dead bolts and keys be used for the job. I re-arranged my work schedule for the appointment. The installer arrived and said he did not have any Baldwin supplies, dead bolt or keys with him on the truck. He did not apologize for any inconvenience. When I called the company, I was told that many of the people who answer calls are not informed. I was given a reluctant apology on the phone. I will not give this company my business and will look for another. It was very frustrating.

Description of Work
Installing a deadbolt, re-keying 3 existing locks.

01/15/2008

CHRIS K.

Pretty bad experience. Estimated cost was $1,100.

Description of Work
Requested an estimate for services on our commercial building, they came out and wrote up an estimate, but CHARGED US over $50.00 for this estimate. Because I was not present at the time, my office manager paid this amount. When I requested a refund of estimate charge all I got was the run around. I had previously heard good things about this company but man did they disappoint!!

12/19/2007

Chuck H.

Their work is reliable and I always call them.

Description of Work
They repaired the lock on the garage door and lobby intercom and made new keys.

09/14/2007

Debra G.

They did good work and good value for the price that they charged.

Description of Work
They keyed a lock.

08/20/2007

TOM F.

They did a great job. The initial estimate visit came with a $55 service fee which was later credited to the final bill. When one special order handle arrived about a week later they came out. The service rep, TJ, did a great job. It's a big, old house and there were approximately 4 keys previously for ALL the the locks -- now there's just one! TJ suggested tasteful handle options and graciously fixed one of our interior door knobs that was just about to fall out of place. The total price was high but the quality and piece of mind that comes with something being professionally done was worth it.

Description of Work
I had them install 5 new locks throughout the house, garage and basement and re-key two existing locks to be opened by the same key that operates all the new locks.

04/23/2007

LYNNE R.

They were great and took care of ordering another and instructed me on how to install it when it came in saving me money. They did a great job and I will use them again.

Description of Work
They installed a new door handle and lock.

02/19/2007

ED H.

They did a good job and cleaned up. Scheduling was per our needs.

Description of Work
They replaced all of the locks in our house.

02/07/2007

ROSALYN P.

Bass did a great job! I needed someone in a hurry and they were very accommodating. The service was very efficient and the technician was very nice. I'm calling them again to do more lock work.

Description of Work
Key did not work in lock, they made new keys for the lock and re-keyed another lock to match.

10/30/2006

JUDITH A.

There was a problem with my door and they had to do a lot of extra work to get it to work. They did a great job and stuck with it. They went above and beyond.

Description of Work
They installed the locks in my new home.

10/05/2006

STEVE D.

Bass was 100% reliable, resourceful and professional in getting the work done. They were most helpful in selecting our hardware in their shop. The locksmith who came out (right on time) did a great job and pointed out some issues about which it was important for me know and solved the problems he encountered.

Description of Work
Provided, keyed and installed knob locks and deadbolts to entire house.

10/05/2006

LYNN D.

My experience with this company was excellent. I would definitely recommend them. They were prompt, efficient and not too expensive.

Description of Work
We had items stolen from our house and needed to have the locks changed. The locksmith was very efficient, brought the requested number of keys already made, had the new locks already made and spent only the time needed to have the new locks put into my doors.

05/25/2006

DAVID H.

On initial visit the tech did not have the correct tool, had to leave and come back another day. This seemed strange because all he was missing was an Allen wrench for what seemed to be a common lock mechanism. He commented that he had not seen this brand of lock before, so it's possible we have some off-brand lock that required a tool that isn't frequently used. On one door the tech scratched the heck out of the paint on our door and did nothing to repair it or give us a discount, even though he apologized for it. Nice guy, very personable and right on time. Didn't seem to be an overly experienced locksmith. The front door lock is very difficult to use with new key. It worked just fine before, so I know this is due to locksmith not checking his work.

Description of Work
Changed out five locks for our new home.

01/26/2006

EDIE L.

Worker was prompt and did his job, just not very friendly.

Description of Work
Changed lock on front door. Had to come back another day as lock was difficult to open with key.

12/12/2005

WILLIAM D.

Overall experience was excellent. I would hire this company in the future and will recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
Broken lock.

Capitol Benefits LLC

Capitol Benefits is an award-winning independent insurance agency representing 12 states. We represent over 200 insurance companies and all types of insurance.. We represent our clients, not an insurance company. Discounts of up to 30% are available for combining home and auto, AARP members, Federal Government employees, safe drivers, and more. Visit our website at www.capitolbenefits.com for more information!

SOVEREIGN WEALTH MANAGEMENT

We offer our services NATIONWIDE. Our passion is partnering with our clients to crystallize their financial goals, design a strategy to achieve those goals and execute the plan to its completion. You know it’s not enough to just make a plan, even the most well designed strategies can fail if not executed properly and then monitored for progress and suitability. This is why we consistently monitor the progress of your plan and make changes as new developments come to light with your changing goals. Whether we are helping a young family set the path to achieve their ideal lifestyle and first home; assisting a newly widowed client in navigating and structuring his/or her retirement plan and new life; or advising a professional couple on structuring the sale of their business and transitioning into retirement, we are consistently behind the scenes working to get you there and keep you there: on track. Our Core Competencies include: Financial Planning, Wealth Management, Risk Management, Estate Planning and Multi-Generational Asset Transfer Planning, Managing Executive Deferred Comp Assets. We use the latest and the most sophisticated tools to produce accurate and realistic analyses. We pride ourselves on our independence and ability to work with the leading experts in all fields of wealth management, accounting and estate planning to design a comprehensive and robust strategy to achieve our clients’ goals. Sovereign is affiliated with Spire Investment Partners. Spire Investment Partners is the Parent Company of Spire Wealth Management, LLC an SEC RIA, and Spire Securities LLC, a registered Broker/Dealer and Member of FINRA / SIPC.

Offers by SOVEREIGN WEALTH MANAGEMENT on Angi
    24-7 Available Locksmith, LLC

24-7 Available Locksmith LLC, is a trusted service when you need the best locksmith in the greater Cleveland area. Our superior service provides you with all your needs from lock replacing or rekeying, fresh dead bolt installations, high security locks from MULTI LOCK. We also offer commercial locksmith solutions, with repair or replace of all major brand locks and crash bars, master rekeying and smart key control that employees cant duplicate. If you lost your car keys, we can have a replacement key made in no time. We can program new keys and remotes. We also fix or replace worn or damaged ignition cylinders like the Ford focus models, GM, Chrysler, Toyota and many more. Give us a call today and talk to an experienced locksmith.

Insurance Agencies
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Industrial, commercial & residential locks, all makes & models, installed, opened & re-keyed, door closers repaired & installed, safes opened, changed, serviced, sold, mail boxes for apartments & condos & alarms.