ADVANCED IRRIGATION SYSTEMS

With Angi since March 2000

4.4

5353 MAJESTIC PKWY

Bedford, OH 44146

25 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. TRAVEL CHARGES APPLY. $72 PER SERVICE CALL (8/25/08). ASK ABOUT ANGIE'S LIST DISCOUNT....

05/12/2022

James L.

Extraordinarily poor service and communication. In late 2020, I asked AIS to inspect our existing lawn irrigation system, advise us about winterization (because I was unfamiliar with irrigation system maintenance, having purchased the home with an irrigation system pre-installed), and to provide us with a quote for upgrading it and replacing a few sprinkler heads. After AIS inspected our system, we signed a contract for them to upgrade and maintenance work in Spring 2021. We also set a time in for them to come back out and winterize our system. My initial optimism with AIG was misplaced. When AIS returned to winterize the system, AIS informed us for the the first time that our system was the type that did not require them to pump the lines to prepare for winter. Although zero work was done, AIS charged us for this additional "winterization" visit anyway. In 2021, AIS was a no show on the contracted upgrades and maintenance. By the time AIS contacted me about the contracted upgrades, it was already Fall. We agreed to have them contact me in Spring 2022 to discuss doing the work then. In Spring 2022, AIS called to ask if I was still interested in them doing the work. I said yes. AIS informed me it would be $300 more than we originally contracted for because "prices had gone up." I pushed back by reminding AIS that we had signed a contract, that they had already charged me for unnecessary "winterization" work, and that I was now irritated and feeling like like AIS had taken us for a ride. Rather than express empathy or remorse, AIS simply argued that they tried reaching me but couldn't. (Which was nonsense because they had visited my home twice and also mailed me a bill for the "winterization" non-work.) Ultimately, I gave AIS the option of either: (A) sticking to the original contract and price to which we'd agreed, or (B) telling me that they wanted to back out of the contract, upon which we would agree that the contract was no longer valid and that neither party would seek enforce the contract against the other, and that I would take my business elsewhere and write a report about how poorly AIS had handled the situation. AIS chose Option B.

Description of Work
Maintenance and upgrade to lawn irrigation system

07/31/2018

David T.

Very disappointed with Advanced Irrigation. I used them last fall to clean-out my sprinkler lines, but when I tried to turn the system on this spring it was broken because of the poor winterizing job. (The pvc pipe coming out of the hose had frozen). It took forever to get someone out to fix it and the first guy who came for the repair actually broke the copper pipe (that the pvc goes into) when trying to fix the damaged plumbing, (He now denies it). The second guy did a nice job fixing what his co-worker broke, but now I'm stuck with a $275 bill for a problem that they caused last year with a poor winterizing job. When I called about the inflated bill I waited two days only to be told there was nothing they could do about it. Thanks Advanced Irrigation!

Description of Work
Winterizing and Spring Tune-up

06/17/2016

Terry M.

I called them because i was searching Angies List. I called them and we set up an appointment, told them if something happens to give me a call. they called 30 minutes prior to arrival and said the boss was stuck on the job and he would not be able to make it. they rescheduled that day for today, now as of today they called me 20 minutes before the appointment and gave me the same excuse. Then, when i asked to speak with Pat (office manager) and they said she did not come to work today.

Description of Work
they were supposed to come out and do an estimate for my lawn irrigation system

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

06/14/2015

Jon F.

This turned out to be quite a hack job. I'll summarize: -They didn't test my water pressure prior to install. Following install, pressure was inadequate due to putting way too many sprinkler heads in each zone. Zones have 8-12 heads each in most cases. I've been told by several people that this a lot more than the accepted amount of heads per zone. When I addressed this with the company they said "we do this all the time." -Due to poor pressure, they had to install a costly booster pump which is very loud and pulls a lot of electricity. I was told by my new provider that the pump was completely unnecessary and easily could have been avoided. I will now be paying my new provider to adjust the system and eliminate the need for the pump. -Wrong sprinkler heads were used on tree lawn. The heads they used are designed to spray a minimum of 15' and a lot of water winds up in street. I haven't been able to grow any grass in the street. -On my proposal/estimate, the job was supposed to use only Hunter sprinkler heads. In the two zones that water my flower beds, they used a brand called "Rain Pro" which is a bargain hardware store brand. -All sprinkler heads immediately adjacent to house were installed 18" to 24" from side of house, thus leaving significant sized areas where the water doesn't reach the lawn. As a result I can't grow grass effectively alongside most of the house. -Contol panel in garage mounted poorly, it is coming out of wall and not level. Additionally, rain sensor was hooked up to improper wire, the wire intended for the sprinkler zones. Wires in transformer (control box) are a tangled mess. No battery was installed for system back-up and I wasn't even told there was a battery feature. -They didn't label my zones (which zone waters which area) on control box. Just left the signage blank. -Several of the issues listed above were discovered after Advanced Irrigation no-showed for my spring turn-on appointment and I decided to hire a different company to manage my system. The new company came out and showed me all of these issues and expressed their dismay at the quality of the work.

Description of Work
Installed irrigation system, 12 zones.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

06/09/2015

Darcie H.

Went quickly and professionally

Description of Work
drained sprinkler system

06/05/2015

Jeff S.

Fine. Servie rep was very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Irrigation system turn on and check of all sprinkling heads.

09/13/2014

Cherol P.

My only problem is that called this irrigation company because the landscaper who is going to grade and seed my backyard recommended them. I have made my attempts to contact this company, and they have never responded. I you do not want the job; then just say so. I find this to be a common problem with companies on Angie's List. I checked fair for over all only because the system did not give me option to check N/A. This company could do wonderful work for all I know.

Description of Work
N/A

06/03/2014

Ersuela M.

Crew showed up and installed in one day. Upon final payment, they fixed my sprinkler heads to ensure all areas were covered. Hired them for lighting too.

Description of Work
Installed a new sprinkler system with 7 zones and timer.

Category landscaping

04/14/2014

Mac M.

I had a poor customer service experience with them. They’ve become very slow. They didn't winterize my system properly; water was still running. I could hear it and see it. They’d come by to drain my system in the winter but the water was still passing by my backflow valve. I didn’t want the water to freeze in the pipes over the winter. They first said the service had been completed, but eventually they agreed to send someone out to look into it again. At first that more experienced technician said the work had been completed, but then they told me the shut-off valve needed replaced for proper winterization, since the water was bypassing that valve. They said they'd send a plumber out for that but weren't setting an appointment and kept putting it off and not calling me back when they said they would. I had to talk to the owner, which took a long time too, since he was always in a meeting when I called. Then they quoted me a $100 service fee for the visit along with the hourly fee, and the receptionist had only mentioned the hourly fee. Then the owner told me there was no way she could have done that, but she did. I finally got a message from a plumber on my home voicemail to set the appointment. The plumber came out in November. I had a talk with the plumber about how I wanted to see the work before the soldering, so I could be reassured about how it would work once spring came, but he only showed it to me afterwards, which was frustrating. The technician did take a lot of pictures. He didn't charge me hourly for the entire time he was there, though. It takes them a very long time to get someone to come out for any appointment and block out a large chunk of time for the appointment. Their attention to follow-up and level of service has changed. After 15 years of being a loyal customer in good standing, I feel they don't value their customer relations anymore and I need to find a new company.

Description of Work
They installed my system when I moved in 15 years ago and I have used them for seasonal turn-on and turn-off as well as occasional servicing and head replacements.

05/20/2013

James H.

While the process of coming to an agreement about pricing and guarantees was a bit convoluted, due to a competitor's offer, we settled on a reasonable installation price, and the crew came in and identified where sprinkler heads should be located, then installed them. Only this spring has Advanced started its phone reminder process going, to get our system up and running again. We've had to call on our own in the past, so this is a good advancement on their part. We have neighbors whose installer is more focused on not only convenience and communication but two years of and quot;freeand quot; start-ups, back-flow tests, and fall shut-downs...all for a bit less than what we paid. AND...their lawn was already installed and growing for at least two years. So, you may want to ask about services and guarantees. Overall, the system they installed has carried our poorly-installed sod lawn through one season. So, we suggest you contact Advanced for a system you can rely on in the coming years.

Description of Work
Advanced installed a Hunter irrigation/sprinkling system on our relatively small cul-de-sac lot before sod was installed.

ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES LLC

Advanced Tech and Electrical LLC is a locally owned and family operated Electrical, Technology Contractor serving North Eastern Ohio for the last 20 years. Offering many great services at a fair price to Commercial and Residential Customers. We strive our business on taking care of our employees and in return our employees take care of our customers, which creates customers for life. Our goal is to make every customer feel good about their decisions when hiring us. It can take years to gain a customer and only minutes to lose one. Whether its Electrical, Lighting Control, Solar Energy, Audio Visual, Security, or Communications. Our team of engineers and estimators are trained to guide the customer to the very best solution for their home or business. We take pride in making your experience of hiring us a good one, and our particularly proud of our attention to detail. From the design, product selection, installation, and scheduling. Our team of licensed electricians and technicians have on average over 20 years of experience. Our staff listens carefully to your questions and concerns and applies our expertise earned through hours of ongoing training and education, latest code requirements, technology, products, and techniques to meet every expectation for a beautiful, affordable, and flawless installation or renovation.

STREB ELECTRIC

We have been a Family Owned business for over 30 years. We handle all Residential Service and Repair Electrical needs. No job is too large or too small. We belong to the Eaton Certified Contractor Network. We are a Drug Free Company and offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Licensed, Bonded & Insured. We use a Straight Forward Pricing system where you know the price of the job before we start.

Offers by STREB ELECTRIC on Angi
    Assurance Factor Electric

Electrical Contracting company specializing in Installation of wiring, panel boards, meters base, switching, outlets, lighting, grounding, grounded outlets, gfci, gfi, afci, arc fault, rewire, remodeling, new wiring, new construction wiring, etc...

UNDERGROUND SPRINKLERS & LOW VOLTAGE LIGHTING.

LAWN FERTILIZATION.