Avon Bay Construction

Founded 1996 • With Angi since July 2009

1.8

605 Bassett Rd

Bay Village, OH 44140

We have proudly been serving Northern Ohio for over 20 years. With many satisfied customers throughout the area. At Avon Bay Construction we value craftsmanship as well as the best building materials available. We always strive to give you the best value for your dollar. We can handle any of your

01/29/2022

Shaunna R.

This is my review of Ron Holmes dba Avon Bay construction. I contracted with Ron in June of 2021 to rebuild brick steps and to install a stamped concrete walkway. We were satisfied with his work on the steps. However, when he poured the concrete it rained. He should have known by the forecast that it was going to rain. He did not come prepared to protect the job. As a result the stamped concrete was terrible. The concrete was spalled in many places, it had pock marks from rain drops. Ron also tried to double stamp areas. We told him we were not satisfied and wanted it be ripped out and redone. His solution was to offer to do an overlayment. We did not feel that would last in Ohio winters and that it would fail. He then offered to redo if we paid him more money. He stopped communicating with us. I sued him in small claims court for the amount of money it cost us to hire another contractor. Ron never showed up to court. I presented my case including photos of the shoddy work and judgement was in my favor. Subsequently, Ron has ignored the courts request to show a financial statement and a motion to show in court. He currently has a Bench Warrant for his arrest in the City of Mentor. And I have learned that he has other warrants in the area. DO NOT HIRE HIM!

Description of Work
masonery steps and concrete walkway

Category concrete driveways, masonry

05/31/2018

David L.

Called Ron on April 30 to inquire about some siding and soffitt repair. Called me back and I proceeded to text him some photos of the job. This was on a Sun. Said he would be by on Thurs. May 3, which he did. Looked at the job, quoted me a price, took my email, and said he would send over a quote. On May 14, texted him and asked for a start date, and he replied with due to weather, be start of next week, which would be May 21. As of today May 30, have not heard from him. He advertises extensively on Craigslist. Would highly NOT reccomend.

Description of Work
Some siding and soffitt repair

Category remodeling, siding

07/26/2017

Samantha R.

Ron installed a new wall case for my through the wall a/c unit today and did a great job! He worked around my schedule to fix a job someone else couldn't finish for me, and it looks amazing! His prices were reasonable, he was very friendly, they were tidy and cleaned up after, and I am very happy with the finished work. I will definitely be using Avon Bay Construction in the future, and I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Replace wall sleeve for a/c unit

Category remodeling

07/08/2012

Wendy B.

I left a message with an answering service indicating that I wanted an estimate. Within an hour a man named Rob called me back. I indicated that I was looking for an estimate on repairing my front steps. Rob indicated that he would stop by sometime and leave a quote in the mailbox. I advised him that I wanted to be at home when he came because I had several questions regarding the work. He then said he would be in my area the following week and that he would stop by on Tuesday to give me the estimate. He said he would call before coming over to make sure that I was at home. I waited at home all day on Tuesday and he never showed up or called. I never heard from him again. Guess this company doesn't need the business!!

Description of Work
Was supposed to come to give me an estimate and never showed up.

Category masonry

04/29/2012

William H.

After job was started, they asked for extra money which was provided. Then they did not finish the job and we discovered the concrete driveway was only 3" thick! Won't return calls or finish or clean up their mess. We now have to hire someone to grade and seed the lawn they tore up, and finish the work we'd already paid THEM to do! Beware!

Description of Work
Repair of footer tile, seal basement walls and pour new driveway.

Category masonry, basement remodeling

04/21/2012

Linda M.

see above

Description of Work
This company is extremely untrustworthy and unethical. I paid in full to have windows installed. The didn't finish calking the outside of the windows because it became too dark. They said they would finish when they returned to install the last window. We set up an appointment for them to return and they never did. I had to have someone else finish the work and it cost me $300. They have failed to respond to complaints to the BBB and the Ohio Attorney General. Do not hire this company!

Category replacement windows

06/28/2011

dennis C.

first time never showed,second time saw it couldn't be repaired,third time showed up out of the blue never called, and had the wrong brick,and asked for more money .

Description of Work
chimney repair

Category masonry

09/20/2010

Molly T.

Horrible

Description of Work
I am in agreement with the previous reviewer. I, too, had an estimate scheduled. Avon Bay was a no show. I called him 20 minutes after our scheduled time to see if he was lost. No answer. Even if he returns my call, I will no be doing business with him. Looks like he is known for his no shows. How unprofessional.

Category basement remodeling

07/15/2009

william A.

I found this contractor on Craigslist. Listings included photos and claim of 10 years of experience. I requested that AB ( Avon Bay ) Construction provide and estimate to re-side a house and remodel a bathtub. Twice we set up appointments to meet at the house. Twice, he did not show. No call was given. When I called him after the first missed appointment, he mentioned a family emergency so I set up another meeting. He missed this meeting without calling. I cannot recomend working with this company.

Description of Work
Quote for re-siding a house. Quote for bathroom remodel.

Category siding

Bath Doctor - Cleveland Glass Block - Innovate Building Solutions

2018 Super Service Award Winner in Glass Block and Windows! Cleveland Glass Block, Bath Doctor, Cleveland Window & Door and Cleveland Design and Remodeling are all division of Innovate Building Solutions. We offer various products (including glass blocks, bathtub and shower liners, replacement windows and doors) and services (including bathroom remodeling) to consumers and business owners since 1977.

GLASS BLOCK HEADQUARTERS

Super Service Award Winner in Windows! GBH is family-owned, assuring you that everyone here is committed to the impeccable reputation of our company. We know what it takes to give you the highest quality products along with top-notch customer service! Our team has been put into place firstly and most importantly for their ability to deal with customers in an easygoing, courteous, & professional manner. They possess common sense and the ability to handle any situation. Understanding our customers' needs and working around any problem is our strong suit. Since we work as a tight-knit family, no issue ever goes unresolved. No one will ever hesitate to escalate any situation to someone else if they cannot resolve it themselves. 16 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBCONTRACTORS. Cost determined per job, no travel charges.

Offers by GLASS BLOCK HEADQUARTERS on Angi
    HENNESSY'S INTERIOR PAINTING SERVICE

Angie's list Super Service Award winner yearly!! Owner-operated with the owner on each job at all times (+) 3 full-time employees - Excellent response time and attention to detail with every job. Insurance credentials available upon request - No subs - Free estimates and no travel charges!

Offers by HENNESSY'S INTERIOR PAINTING SERVICE on Angi

We are a full service contractor. We can handle anything from the smallest of projects to the largest. No subcontracting. Everything is done in house for the best possible quality.