Blind And Sons LLC

Founded 1937 • With Angi since September 1999

Blind & Sons has been serving the Northern Ohio area since 1937 and we take your business seriously. Family owned for Three Generations. Over the years we’ve gained a reputation for superior skills and service in heating repair, air conditioning, plumbing services, indoor air quality and electrical

4.3

HVAC Companies (744)plumbers (187)electrician (183)drain cleaning (78)water heaters (68)air duct cleaning (56)generator service (20)lighting (20)drain pipe installation (13)sewer cleaning (10)well & water pump repair (8)home remodeling (7)

05/27/2022

Joe M.

Absolutely Terrible. I realize an a/c tune up isn't a huge money maker for your company but to tell them the emergencies for that day take precedence over your 1.5 month long appointment is wrong. Now, if you moved the appointment to the next day or week, no complaint, I get it you're busy. A whole month wait! Really!! So now my April call becomes the very end of June.

Description of Work
A/C tune up

Work Completed On 05/26/2022

05/16/2022

Louis O.

I purchased a furnace/air conditioner unit from Blind and Sons only 7 years ago and even purchased their extended maintenance agreement for NOTHING! It was not worth the paper it was printed on! The air conditioner stopped working and I called for a repair and I was told they no longer even service my area! They were eager to sell and install their expensive equipment in my area though, but they don't honor their service agreement nor even return to service it when there's a problem. Don't call Blind and Sons unless you want to get ripped off!!

Description of Work
Trane air conditioner repair

Work Completed On 05/16/2022

11/29/2021

Michael K.

Scheduled these guys for a tune up and cleaning in the beginning of November when I sold my house. They said they couldn't come until the 29th of November. The sale of my home required their service to be completed. On the morning of my appointment, they call and cancel and basically say that I'm not a priority...Because they have customers with no heat and I'll have to be rescheduled. This was about 20 minutes after I had just called to confirm my appointment that morning. I'm sorry, why is that my problem? I scheduled your service weeks ago. Hire more people for the winter months if you can't handle the work load. Or, you turn the new jobs down until you take care of your current customers first. Bottom line, if your job doesn't pay like an emergency job will, their attitude is too bad so sad.

Description of Work
HVAC service/ Tune up and cleaning

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

Hello, [Member Name Removed]. We do sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you. We understand your concern. Please call and ask to speak to our customer service manager so we can assist you further. Her direct line is, 330-777-3007.

11/15/2021

Dan A.

They charged me 100 and some dollars just to change the valve, but they did it wrong and did not fixed the job and I think they broke the valve, They did not gave an invoice and I'm very unhappy with the service.

Description of Work
Plumbing fixtures

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

Hello, [Member Name Removed]. We do apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you. Please call and asking to speak to our customer service manager so we can further assist you solve your issue.

03/04/2021

Bill M.

The plumber was courteous and efficient. He took the time to answer our questions.

Description of Work
Replacing a bathroom faucet.

Work Completed On 02/11/2021

Hello! We greatly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to let us know about your great experience with our plumber. We will make sure to let him know. Thanks for being one of our valued customers and for choosing Blind and and Sons!

02/22/2021

Jeff L.

Called regarding an electrical issue, dispatch sent an HVAC person "free for new customers" HVAC inspector disassembles the furnace under the guise of inspecting the device, says that he doesn't think the furnace will work when he puts it back together then says that this visit is no longer an inspection but is now a diagnostic visit and charges us $120.00. Total SCAM. Electricians came an hour after and were great, but the HVAC visit drags what would otherwise be a good review down to a 1 star, if not lower.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

02/22/2021

Janet W.

Shaun explained the process of declogging my kitchen sink and got to work. Everything completed and explained. I always turn to Blind & Sons for plumbing, furnace, and electrical work that needs to be done. Professional service at its best!

Description of Work
Declog Kitchen Sink

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Hello! We can't thank you enough for letting us know about your great experience with our technician, Shaun. We will make sure to let him know. Thanks for being a valued customer and for choosing Blind and Sons!

02/11/2021

Jack G.

Great! Only complaint was cost was high(er)

Description of Work
Install air handler, AC, duct work for 1500 sqft

Work Completed On 02/11/2021

Hello! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to let us know you had an overall great experience. We appreciate you choosing Blind and Sons!

02/02/2021

Fred F.

Terrible. Serviceman drilled through the new structure with mounting screws, ran the Romex along the wrong board where it showed after I gave clear instructions on where to mount the cable, and used interior grade Romex for an exterior installation.

Description of Work
Exterior Ceiling fan connection

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

Hello, [Member Name Removed]. Our electrical manager will be reaching out to you so we can assist you solving any issues from the work that was completed in May/June. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

01/22/2021

Marilyn G.

He was very professional and courteous. I felt very comfortable with him in my house.

Description of Work
Furnace clean.

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

Hello! We greatly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to let us know about your great experience. We appreciate you being a valued customer and for choosing Blind and Sons!

12/04/2020

Gerhard H.

Narrowed problem down to one switch. Replaced switch. Working fine.

Description of Work
Problem tripping circuit breaker.

Category electrician

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

Hello and thanks for taking the time out of your day to leave us this wonderful review! We greatly appreciate you being a valued customer and for choosing Blind and Sons!

12/03/2020

Sue B.

It went quite well. I am a pet parent and the professionalism of the tech towards my pet, my husband and myself. was extraordinary. He explained everything in detail, did not rush the job and took the time to set up appointments for future work that need to be done as well as answer our questions

Description of Work
Furnace check-up

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed]! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your great experience with our technician. We love to hear that our team is out there doing extraordinary work! Everyone at Blind and Sons are animal lovers so we understand that they are family and part of your home. We actually have an office cat! His name is Bynx. We post him sometimes on our Facebook page and he has his own Instagram account, @bynxatblindandsons. :) Thanks for being a valued customer and for choosing Blind and Sons!

11/30/2020

Gail W.

One of the two technicians had to leave to get the filter, the other one stayed and worked the entire time. They were both very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Furnace tune up, filter replacement.

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

Hello, [Member Name Removed]! We absolutely love to hear this. Thank you kindly for taking the time out of your day to leave us this positive Angie's List feedback. We appreciate you being a valued customer and for choosing Blind and Sons!

11/21/2020

Kailee M.

We told him what was going on. He came in to check the breaker and everything in the breaker was good. After that he went to look around and found the problem. It was a easy fix that we didn’t know about but was very friendly and explained what was going on and what to do for next time. :) also the service was free for them to just come and look at it. Very happy

Description of Work
Checked why our outlets weren’t working

Category electrician

Work Completed On 11/21/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you had a wonderful experience with our electrician. We are pleased to hear that the problem was a quick fix and everything worked out so well for you!

11/08/2020

Doug R.

Too expensive!! Found a licensed plumber did it for 1/3 the cost they quoted me

Description of Work
Main line water

Work Completed On 11/07/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed]. We apologize that you feel this way. If you have additional concerns please call and ask to speak to our customer service manager Shawna. Her direct line is 330-777-3007.

10/27/2020

Mary M R.

Tech was very professional and did an excellent job. He explained everything that he checked and suggested we replace the igniter. After comparing our igniter with a new one, we could see the damage on the old one. He replaced it and did a very good job of cleaning up. We are always very satisfied with Blind & Sons.

Description of Work
Yearly furnace check-up

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

Thank you kindly for taking the time out of your day to leave us this great A Angie's List review. We appreciate the positive feedback and are pleased to hear that your igniter issue was resolved by one of our technicians. Thank you for being a valued customer and for choosing Blind and Sons!

10/13/2020

Libor P.

I scheduled an appointment to have tune up done on my furnace. I was told technician would be at my house between 11-3, that I would receive a call 1/2 hour before his arrival. As of 2:55 no call, no technician. I called company what is going on, I was told that they would have to reschedule because they had too many emergencies, when I questioned why I was not called, they told me that they did call me. I had my phone on me the whole time - no call. I don’t appreciate when someone wastes my time. Very poor customer service.

Description of Work
Furnace tune up

Category

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

It looks like we reached out to you already regarding your concern. If you have additional questions or need to speak with someone, please call us at 330-753-7711 and ask to speak to our customer service manager. Thank you.

09/11/2020

Anthony F.

I wish I could tell you that this was a great experience. When I called to initially set up my appointment, a very nice agent let me know that she would set up a plumber to come out the next day. She did explain to me that I could not be guaranteed a time frame, but a plumber would call me 30 minutes before they arrived at my home. I explained that I work 45 miles away from my home, so I would need to just take the day off of work in order to be available. She stated this would be acceptable. I would rather not be away from work, but did it anyway, just so I would be able to have a plumber at my home. I heard Blind did very good work, another reason I was willing to take the day off. At no point did they tell me that it was possible the plumber would not make it to my residence. Fast forward to the next day. I waited all day for a phone call from the plumber. He finally called very late afternoon to let me know he would not be coming. I had already wasted my whole day at that point. There is something very wrong with this business model and scheduling model. Either you should look to hire more plumbers to accommodate the amount of appointments you make with people, or change the way you schedule throughout your day. The fact you are cancelling whole appointments with customers is a sure way to lose business. I called back to voice my concerns, and the individual on the phone didn't seem very concerned with losing business, another aspect I don't quite understand. You were willing to part with a customer who was going to spend money and possibly earn you more business. There was no attempt to make it right, and the conversation was almost argumentative. I understand the plumber may have had too many appointments, another job may have lasted longer, or they simply had too much work on their plate for the day, but I didn't even get a call until later afternoon to let me know. I don't understand how people can plan their day around never knowing when a plumber will show up, unless you are retired or a stay-at-home parent, both of which I'm not. My parents are in need of a plumber, and I know who I'm NOT referring to them.

Description of Work
plumbing, basement inspection

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

Hey [Member Name Removed]. Can you give us a call please? We'd like to help you resolve this issue further. You can call 330-777-3007 which is the direct line number to our customer service manager. Her name is Shawna. We look forward to your call.

09/03/2020

Robert S.

Work was completed on time and to my satisfaction

Description of Work
Run a new water supply line from crawlspace to refrigerator

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your great experience! We appreciate you choosing Blind and Sons.

09/02/2020

David P.

Very well knew what to do, Very neat Ha entry all my questions but boots had mascon did everything right

Description of Work
Check and delime tankless water system

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

Thanks for telling us about your great experience! We appreciate you choosing Blind and Sons.

08/28/2020

john M.

ok, they had to go out and get the proper valve as the one on our tank was threaded deeper than most and they did not carry that size with them. job well done.

Description of Work
replace pressure relief valve

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

Hello. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to tell us about your experience with our plumbing technician. It's common for our plumbers to have to get different parts because all homes are built different with their plumbing fixtures and needs. We appreciate you understanding this and for choosing Blind and Sons!

08/26/2020

Ted W.

From the initial call to set up the quote through the installation itself, Blind & Sons was nothing but professional. The salesman was knowledgeable and worked with me on the various options for the job. We arrived at what turned out to be the best price of the 4 contractors i interviewed. The installation as well went off without a hitch. The installers arrived on time, walked me through a review of the job and cleaned up after they were finished.

Description of Work
Replacement of my home's furnace and AC unit.

Work Completed On 08/25/2020