Barton Builders Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since May 2003

13170 Basil Rd NW

Baltimore, OH 43105

3-5 employees. Uses subs for mechanical. Electrical and HVAC work. Additional DBA - Tom Barton General Home Maintenance.

07/14/2019

SHARON S.

Employees are always on time, clean area at the end of each work day, are polite. I was impressed that they were working in very cold weather to complete the porch. We have had many compliments on the porch.

Description of Work
Barton Builders have done several home projects for us..replaced deck, front porch and steps, replaced siding on house (woodpecker damage) to name a few. most recently designed and built a beautiful screened in porch. next project will include total remodeling master bath.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows

01/13/2018

Takako P.

I own several properties and have worked with many handymen and general home maintenance companies over the years and I can say with absolute certainty that Tom Barton and his outstanding colleagues Matt and Chris are far and away the best handymen I've ever worked with. Their attention to detail is outstanding and the pride they take in their work is unparalleled, which is why I've not only used them for my rentals, but also my home. I give Tom Barton Home Project Specialties the highest recommendation possible. A++++

Description of Work
Light Installation, Conversion of Light into Canned Light, Office Desk Setup, Bed Setup, TV Mount Setup x 3, Door Latch Fix, Chandelier Installation, Front Door Readjustment, Roof and Siding Repair

Category handyman service, lighting, roofing, siding, doors

08/19/2017

MARIANNE P.

They were good. He did an excellent job. Punctual and very friendly with my tenants at my rental property. He and his crew were excellent.

Description of Work
They did some roof work.

06/23/2016

Kim H.

The job ran smooth from beginning to end. Tom pays attention to details inclusive of the small ones. The craftsmanship is excellent. He is very thorough and will let you know as soon as he sees an issue arise during the process. Tom is a perfectionist and his work shows that. I highly recommend Tom Barton and Barton Builders!

Description of Work
Tom and crew put in new hardwood floors in my kitchen and loft area. They will also be installing a new sliding glass door in my kitchen.

Category hardwood floor, remodeling

04/06/2016

John J.

Brian did a great job. He clearly takes a lot of pride in his work and it shows in the final outcome. I highly recommend Brian.

Description of Work
remodeled basement, removed and added walls, ceiling, ductwork and more.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling

03/21/2016

Elizabeth S.

The shelves are sturdy and fantastic. The owner communicated with me every step of the way regarding how they would build them to maximize my space. They used wood screws and I can put any amount of weight on them with no problem. Everyone was pleasant and professional. I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
built floor to ceiling wood shelves in my garage

09/25/2015

Takako P.

Tom and his team are absolutely fantastic. They are extremely skilled, professional and personable. If I could give them an 11 out of 10, I would. I am 100% satisfied and will absolutely be hiring them again. A++++

Description of Work
Reset front door so it no longer dragged. Fixed garbage disposal. Replaced plumbing of bathroom sink. Fixed bathroom sink. Tightened staircase railing, fixed chipped area of bedroom door.

Category handyman service, plumbing

07/12/2015

Jill S.

Tom is a super nice guy. Very pleasant and fun to talk to - from the first phone call to writing the check for the work. He fixed the downspout problem quickly - alleviating any more water at the base of the house with all the rain - and came back in a few days when it wasn't raining to remove the hoop. Ground where the hoop was looks great after he left - could hardly tell anything was done.

Description of Work
He put a downspout back in place - it had fallen off the side of our house. He removed an old basketball hoop that was cemented into the ground

Category concrete repair, handyman service

06/17/2015

Denis F.

Excellent. Mr. Barton and his crew were professional, knowledgeable, skilled, courteous and cleaned up upon completion. Their proposed pricing was on target and he also gave us a "not to exceed" price.

Description of Work
Repaired roof leak - removed/replaced wood trim. gutters, damaged shingles, sealed.

Category contractors, handyman service

05/29/2015

Tom B.

Due to a break in that damaged our door and the surrounding materials we needed to replace the whole configuration. They removed the old door and opened the complete entry way. We had selected the type, style and materials with better and stronger components. Barton Builders Inc. were on time, very professional and did an excellent job. All of my questions were answered and after the job was completed, I was shown and told of everything that was done and how they had enhanced the reinforcement to the structure for our safety.They cleaned the area of all debris and swept up any remaining dirt. We are extremely satisfied with our completed full new entry into our home. We are going to have Barton Builders replace the deck on the back of our home in the next month. I highly recommend this company for any project that you may have at your home.

Description of Work
Install a new complete entryway door, side light, jamb and drywall work.

Category handyman service, doors

12/17/2014

Amy B.

Quick service, did a great job with our siding repair. House looks like new. Will definitely be hiring again for home needs.

Description of Work
Siding repair.

Category handyman service, siding

11/23/2014

Veronica P.

Everything went well. He is fast and reliable. Whenever I need something fixed at my house, he is my go to guy. Because I know it will be taken care of.

Description of Work
Repaired deck, replaced light fixtures inside the house, and replaced an electric eye on a lamp post in the front yard.

10/10/2014

Veronica P.

Everything went extremely well. I am out of state and my rental property is located in Ohio.

Description of Work
Replaced electric eye and wires from lamp post in the front of my house that wasn't working. He has also done electrical work inside my home and replaced some wood deck/steps by my family room.

08/19/2014

Terry S.

Had a stone patio built in the back yard. Tom gave numerous suggestions on dozens of types quality and prices of stones. I once though I could do this job myself until I saw the meticulous job they did laying each of the 3,000 stones in place in 3 days. The willingness to make changes on things I thought to add after the start, with the only care that I, and more importantly, my wife be happy (and she was). Oh, did I mention, I trust this guy, and I don't say that about very many people. I will be using him for many other projects I'm involved in.

Description of Work
Stone outdoor patio 520 square ft.

Category patios

05/03/2014

Steve H.

We have additional; projects to complete and we will utilize Tom Barton to complete those items.

Description of Work
Completely gutted kitchen and removed existing flooring. Installed new electric wiring, installed new hardwood flooring and installed custom wood cabinets, etc. As expected, ran into numerous issues that had to be fixed before final work could be completed. Tom and his team are very professional and makes sure the needs are met..

Category hardwood floor, remodeling

03/27/2014

Jerry C.

All problems were corrected. Tom went above and beyond the call of duty

Description of Work
Repaired door damaged by wind. Repaired door jam. Replaced Handle and locking hardware. Painted door jam and exterior door molding. Squared up door.

10/06/2008

Christine B.

Following the wind storm of 9/14/08 we scheduled several estimates for repair of both a section of our cedar fence and a section of our deck railing that were damaged by the storm. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with the estimate. Mr. Barton seemed like a nice enough fellow, but did not take much time to actually inspect what needed to be done and what could be salvaged. For whatever reason, he determined that replacement portions of both the deck and fence would need to be cut by hand. However, another company (the company we ended up scheduling to complete the job) was able to find and purchase the same deck railing and cedar plank (prefab) at a local hardware store for a resulting much decreased price in the cost of labor for us. I'm sure Barton Builders would have done a nice job, I just don't think it would have been the most cost-effective. In addition, the estimate was vague (i.e. "We should be able to do it for $500.00 or less.") with no written estimate provided.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for fence and deck railing repair ($500).

12/06/2007

Lyndi M.

Tom Barton was punctual, responsive, and very knowledgeable. Tom came out in the pouring rain to do the estimate and did not complain one bit. We had already had several other estimates and Barton's was our last estimate. Tom had a family matter that came up and was unable to complete the estimate. By this time we had already chosen another company so it was no big deal.

Description of Work
Estimate for 100 foot cedar spindle-top privacy fence with driveway gate.

09/01/2007

Betsy G.

I reached humans both times I called. Both seemed very nice, took my number and promised to call back. I never heard from them again. I figured that after 2 calls and reaching people both times that the ball was in their court.

Description of Work
I called the company to get an estimate.

04/14/2007

GREGORY M.

Exceptional work! I am convinced they can do anything well! Mr. Barton and his son are not only extremely good folks, but they have the unique combination of experience, competence, and conscientiousness. If you want anything small or large done call this company first; you will not regret it.

Description of Work
Widened doorway, replaced door, refinished a door, removed door and finished 2 doorway casings, replaced 10 of kitchen chair rail, shortened 10 doors and fitted 5 glider pads to prevent doors from binding on carpet, patched and painted two car garage, modified and strengthened handicap entrance ramp, modified lighting fixture for easier operation, and installed exterior door.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, woodworking, interior painters, doors

09/18/2006

MARSUE & MIKE S.

Tom and his crew did great work. They kept their promises, created a beautiful fence with three gates, and cleaned up all the mess, including the fence they took down. I had two small complaints and they took care of them immediately. They were always respectful and polite. They even included features (like a "step-down" to my neighbor's shorter fence) that I had not thought about. Tom listened to my concerns and addressed them. He answered all my questions and did not make me feel stupid for asking them. I will definitely use them again. Theirs was not the cheapest estimate but I feel I got full value for my investment.

Description of Work
Replaced a split rail fence with a wooden privacy fence.

11/30/2005

EDWARD S.

THE OWNER PROVIDED A VERBAL ESTIMATE ($200) ON WORK TO BE DONE AND AGREED TO COMPLETE WORK WITHIN APPROXIMATELY 3 WEEKS. I PHONED THE OWNER 4 TIMES WITHIN A 9 WEEK PERIOD TO INQUIRE ABOUT AVAILABILITY AND WAS ADVISED EACH TIME THAT I WAS ON THE LIST AND THE WORK WOULD BE COMPLETED THE NEXT WEEK. AFTER THE 9 WEEK PERIOD I CANCELLED MY VERBAL AGREEMENT. I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS PROVIDER!

Description of Work
ROOFING SURROUNDING A SKYLIGHT.

10/30/2005

GREGORY M.

THESE FOLKS ARE TRULY PROFESSIONAL! THE TWO GENTLEMEN WHO DID THE WORK WERE EXTREMELY CONSCIENTIOUS AND TOOK OBVIOUS PRIDE IN DOING A FIRST CLASS JOB. MR. BARTON WAS A REAL TREAT TO WORK WITH! HE SEEMED TO SENSE QUESTIONS BEFORE THEY WERE ASKED, AND PROVIDED IN-DEPTH EXPLANATIONS ABOUT EVERY ASPECT OF THE JOB. THE FACT THAT HE HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR MORE THAN A QUARTER CENTURY SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT HIS ABILITIES AND RELIABILITY. I RECOMMEND THAT IF YOU HAVE INSULATION WORK TO BE DONE, CALL HIM FIRST! YOU WILL BE HAPPY ABOUT YOUR DECISION!

Description of Work
ADDED 63 BAGS OF THERMAL INSULATION TO ADD ANOTHER 6'' OF INSULATION IN THE ATTIC OF A FIFTY YEAR OLD HOUSE.

Category insulation

10/25/2005

LAURIE D.

I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT A ROOF. TOM TOOK ME TO LOWES AND SHOWED ME THE PROCESS, & MATERIALS INVOLVED WHEN REPLACING A ROOF. HE HELPED ME PICK OUT THE SHINGLES, & TOLD ME WHAT WOULD LOOK THE BEST, & GIVE THE HOUSE MORE APPEAL.

Description of Work
TOM REPLACED MY ROOF, & DID FENCE REPAIR FOR ME. THE MEN WHO DID THE JOB WERE VERY THOROUGH, & DID AN EXCELLENT CLEAN UP JOB. TOM ALSO INFORMED ME ABOUT UNDERLYING DAMAGE FROM THE ROOF, & FIXED ALL PROBLEMS. EXCELLENT JOB.

10/18/2005

JOHN M.

NEVER SHOWED UP. HE LEFT SEVERAL MESSAGES TO RESCHEDULE, BUT HE NEVER LEFT HIS PHONE NUMBER. SOUNDED LIKE A VERY NICE GUY, BUT NEVER COULD GET HIM TO COME OUT.

Description of Work
CALLED FOR AN ESTIMATE FOR A FENCE.

Archadeck of Columbus

WE DO NOT OFFER DECK REPAIRS. Archadeck is a custom designer and builder of wood decks, composite decks, screened porches, gazebos, pergolas, 3 season rooms, paver patios, outdoor kitchens, fireplaces and firepits. Let us take care of all your outdoor living needs!

Offers by Archadeck of Columbus on Angi
    CertaPro Painters of Columbus

CertaPro Painters of Columbus has been serving the Central Ohio and Greater Columbus area since 1994. Locally owned and operated, we are a professional house painting and commercial painting service. We have an outstanding record of customer service and industry leading expertise.

Award 2022
    E & A Paint Company LLC

E&A Paint Co.Has over 50 years of experience in residential and commercial painting. E&A Painting is a small family owned and operated business. Everett has worked for other companies while mastering his craft in every area of painting and staining. E&A Painting has performed and executed many projects and jobs in our surrounding areas and counties. E&A Paint Co. are honest hardworking professionals that deliver quality professional craftsmanship. E&A Paint Co. takes pride in all of our work down to the smallest details to meet or exceed our clients expectations. E&A Paint Co. always strive to meet or finish before the deadline being given to our clients toward their project or job being done. E&A Paint Co. Can take on any project or job no matter how small or big it may be. E&A Painting offers many different options to make a final solution for your project or job. Contact E&A Painting for a free in home consultation at 614-288-5970 Also ask about our turbine sprayer will make wood work and cabinets look like glass thanks Everett at E&A

Award 2022
    Offers by E & A Paint Company LLC on Angi

•All Types of Home Repair •Patios and Sidewalks •Decks Siding •Fencing •Landscape and Yard Care - Checkout our Spring Cleanup Special •Mulch •Tile Flooring •Hardwood Flooring •Kitchen Renovations •Bathroom Renovations •Room Additions •Custom Cabinetry and Woodwork •Finished Basements •Basement Remodels •Commercial Construction and Remodeling •Fire Damage Restoration •Consulting, Hardscaping, Pavers, Hardwood Flooring