MIKE'S TREE SERVICE INC

Founded 1973 • With Angi since September 2001

33173 JUST IMAGINE DR .

Avon, OH 44011

Established in 1973, Mikes Tree Service Inc provides professional tree services to the western suburbs of Cleveland Ohio. We specialize in both Residential and Commercial tree services. No job is too big or too small. No subs. ASK ABOUT 5% ANGIE'S LIST DISCOUNT....

12/14/2019

J M.

Great company! Job was completed professionally. Workers were polite and considerate of my property. Clean up was impressive! All staff were easy to work with. Thanks again!

Description of Work
Downed trees and removal of large yard

01/27/2018

James H.

Mike’s Tree Service crew was outstanding! They were punctual, courteous, explained each step of the process, and were very thorough. The yard was cleaned up very well also. Overall I was completely satisfied with the entire job. I highly recommend Mike’s Tree Service and would hire them again!

Description of Work
Two large trees trimmed and removal of 3 smaller ones.

09/12/2017

Betty K.

He was really good, and the price was very reasonable. He was the cheapest person I found, and he was very reliable.

Description of Work
They took down some large maple tree limbs.

09/01/2017

Edward K.

Called and left a message during business hours. They never called back so called another company.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Category tree service

I apologize [Member Name Removed]. I reviewed all of my call logs from 8-24 to 9-5-17 and have no record of your call. We try to return all calls within 24 hours.

08/09/2017

Johanna O.

They were very knowledgeable and they did a good job cleaning up after themselves. There was part of the contracted work that I had to call them and remind them to come back and do, that was the only thing I didn't like. Yes, I would use this provider again in the future.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

08/04/2017

Dave K.

They did a great job - exactly as we requested.

Description of Work
Mike's removed 3 dead ash trees from our front yard.

07/31/2017

sylvia P.

Arrived on time, job was completed within 4 hours as indicated; the crew were very courteous & helpful; they picked up & returned the spider lift rental I arranged & home passed inspection this morning, on schedule! What a relief! :)

Description of Work
I was in desperate need due to a cancellation by another company at the last minute & an upcoming property inspection. Linda, Office Manager, reach out to the owner, Mike, who accommodated a rush out to the home over the weekend to see the site, Linda provided me a fair estimate on Monday, I arranged for/paid for the spider lift rental at another company in Avon, which his crew picked up & returned, with the $55 delivery fee simply incorporated into my estimate. His crew, Josh, Chris & Jerry were at the property that Friday morning, removed 2 trees & the home passed inspection Monday at 9AM. Through this very stressful time, Linda couldn't have been more understanding & helpful. I would definitely recommend Mike's Tree Service! The price was fair & service was exceptional! S.Prusovic, Prugreen Properties

06/27/2016

John T.

Called and left a message on their recorder but did not get a call back. Called once again and someone answered the phone. Inquired about having 2 trees removed from my back yard. I was told someone would be out in the next day or so to give me an estimate. No one bothered to come out so I went with another service I found on Angies list. Trees were removed within the week. I always try to use local companies but its hard to do if they don't come out.

Description of Work
Nothing

05/24/2016

Charles D.

I called the service yesterday morning, and Mike was there by noon for the estimate, to which I accepted. Told me he could schedule for sometime this week. Then they called later that afternoon and said they would be there today. His guys were done by early afternoon. Just a little more than 24 hours from the first call to job done!! They did an excellent job and cleaned up the area perfectly. Were very happy customers, and his pricing was very good as well. Doesnt get any better than that.

Description of Work
Mike took down a dead tree, and ground up 5 stumps

05/16/2016

Martin C.

I had a number of companies quote this work and they Mike's price was one of the best. After talking with him about the job he seemed the best one to do the work. I asked for as much notice as possible prior to coming out, but was only told the night before. Luckily I was able to take the day off and be home when they arrived and throughout the day. They showed up around 9am, prepped the yard and got to work. They completed the front yard in the morning and moved to the backyard in the afternoon. One climber had some issues in one of the trees and because of that it seemed he missed a lot of deadwood in the tree. The crew on the ground was rushing him as it was getting close to 4pm and I guess that's when they were supposed to leave because everyone was gone by 4pm. They did not finish up that day and had three large trees still left to do. The weather was bad for the coming days and I got a call again the day before they were to come out. The foreman said I didn't need to be home, so I didn't bother staying home. They were there and gone by 3pm and looking at the completed job they missed a significant amount of deadwood which was disappointing. Unfortunately it's not like they will bring all the equipment back out and send guys back into the trees for the missed deadwood. I never received a call asking if I was satisfied or if I had any questions or concerns about how the job was completed. Having not been home when they finished, that would have been a nice touch instead of having the work order put inside the door. They broke a light on the deck and agreed to have it repaired. It was not that big of a deal, they didn't try to hide it, accepted responsibility and paid to have it fixed - those things happen. The yard was beat up from dropping large limbs and branches that left several craters throughout the yard which needed repaired. The clean up was OK,. a number of twigs and branches were in the beds, on the roof of the house and sheds. I would use them again and recommend them, but would stress you remain there while the work is being done to asure they do a thorough enough job.

Description of Work
Remove deadwood, storm damage, prune and shape crowns of nine trees throughout the yard - front & back.

11/20/2015

Cathy C.

What a great job! We moved into a 30 year old house with a huge yard and trees were way out of control. They have all the right equipment and work hard. They scheduled us quickly and cleaned up after they were done. Highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Remove 3 large trees and trim numerous trees

06/11/2015

Mark S.

Tree Removal and tree trimmings where fine. They had a recent opening so were able to start work only a few days after getting estimate. I was very disappointed on cleanup. It took them close to a week to remove all the large limbs and trunk pieces from my yard killing more grass than should have for this project.

Description of Work
Large Tree Removal. Large Tree Trim. A few smaller tree trims.

12/31/2014

Jessica T.

I agreed to have them out on whatever day they could arrange rather than on a scheduled day. They had a large crew and were here the entire day. They weren't the cheapest quote I got, but they were able to get out sooner than anyone else since I was flexible on the timing. Cleaned up and took everything with them. Great job.

Description of Work
Mike was great getting me a quote and getting out to get the job done. We had a number of overgrown trees that needed trimming, and I wanted to get it done before winter as there were some large dead branches that looked like they were going to drop and cause some damage.

11/06/2014

Joe B.

The guys arrived on time. The half dozen 20 to 30 foot tall trees were well trimmed. The guys did a good job cutting down a honey locust tree, and just left a small stump. Cleanup was excellent.

Description of Work
Cut down one tree and trim about six other trees.

10/11/2014

ADRIANA M.

I called Mike's Tree Service because I thought I had to have one oak tree cut down as it looked like it had some kind of wood rot or disease. Mike said it was something about the drainage, and he would put a drain tube in it. Thankfully the tree didn't have to be cut down as I love the trees on my property. I also wanted to have some branches cut away from the roof and some dead wood removed from the trees. The workers were very pleasant and professional. They cleaned off my roof and cleaned everything else up very nicely. I received the 5% Angie's List discount, too. I will call them again for tree service.

Description of Work
Installed a drain tube in one oak tree, trimmed dead wood, raised and balanced lower crowns on four oak trees, cut branches from the roof, corrected storm damage and trimmed to reduce weight and wind drag.

06/27/2014

Ursula V.

We are very pleased with them. They are very professional, clean up was excellent, service was very good and they were very kind.

Description of Work
I used them to cut down a tree.

06/10/2014

JOANNE S.

Great. Estimate on 6/9/2014 and fit into schedule for the next afternoon. Arrived on time. Extremely thorough. Great clean up after the work. Reviewed the work with me before they finished to be sure I was satisfied. Received 5% Angies List Discount.

Description of Work
Trimmed trees. Shredded branches. Removed a tree.

04/15/2014

John M.

They were great. I think they're a little more expensive. Timely. Professional.

Description of Work
I used Mike's Tree Service Inc. for tree service.

09/23/2013

Gregg B.

All work was done as promised and in a timely manner. Will hopefully hire again for next tree service need(s).

Description of Work
Cut down four backyard trees

07/16/2013

Robert L.

Bad news - I didn't like Mike's Tree Service. I had him out for an estimate and his price was three times what I paid, and the other guy I hired did a better job. He was in a big hurry, he wasn't personable, and I was taking up his time, and the quote was about $1500.00

Description of Work
I had him out for an estimate.

08/29/2012

William R.

In addtion to paying for the tree to be cut down, I paid an additional $400 for the cut tree sections to be removed from the property.Two guys showed-up for that. One was a helper-worker from Mike's Tree Service. Come to find out the other guy (the main guy who actually took the wood away) removes cut trees for free - so he can cut it up and sell as firewood. This main guy was not an employee of Mike's Tree Service.I feel I was way overcharged for the wood removal. Now that I know there are wood removal guys out there who do this for free, I would never again pay for same. I paid Mike's Tree Service per our agreement. But I'm not happy with the way this went down.

Description of Work
Removed large oak tree from backyard.

08/12/2012

Gloria W.

I had been approached by another tree trimmer to totally remove two trees on my property. He told me that my trees had black mold and had to be totally removed. I decided to get another opinion from someone from Angies' list. The gentleman from Mike's Tree Service came and informed me that my two trees were very healthily and did not need to be totally removed although they needed major trimming to protect adjoining properties. I was pleased to have an honest opinion and have the work done which I obviously could see needed to be done

Description of Work
Trimming of two trees .

08/01/2012

William J.

The workers arrived a little late which was not a problem. The trimmer read his copy of the work order and asked if that is what i needed done. I agreed, unfortunately the part about trimming to 6 foot was not written on the estimate. He seemed to be in a hurry to get the job done as if he also had to go to another job and they were late already.The trimmer began trimming and thinning and all seemed OK until he proceeded to trim higher up and took off some main branches so that he finished up about 10 foot high. Not a lot of shaping was done as there are still branches sticking out beyond the regular tree line. I was not happy with what already transpired and just wanted them to finish and leave so I did not ask them to trim further.Everyone that has seen the trees asked what happened and made comments like 'they look like big mushrooms'..Perhaps they will grow back to some reasonable shape in the future but considering they took 12 years to grow up to where they were nice and shapely, I unfortunately may not see that day. To their credit they did clean up all debris before they left. Mikes tree service may be good at removing trees and broken limbs but they sure didn't show me much on trimming and shaping. Make sure they know exactly what you want done and how much you want taken off before letting them work on your trees.

Description of Work
My 2 trees in front of the house needed trimming, shaping and thining out.Mike was very prompt and professional in his evaluation of the job. He suggested and explained what needed to be done and why.. He said they would trim up to about 6 foot from the ground so as not to take off too much and ruin the overall shape of the tree, and thin out the interior of the tree.He provided a detailed written estimate which was in the ball park of what I thought it should cost.Mike also told me that these trees only have a life expectancy of around 15-20 years as their trunks tend to split, which he showed me on my tree where it was just beginning.

04/04/2012

Charlotte K.

Arrrived and read to work on time. All steps to protect existing lawn was taken. Equipment brought in handled the job with ease. All workers continued to work. No one ever standing around. Worked excellent as a team. Clean up was beyond my expecations. Also cleaned up neighbors areas as well. The complete job was high qualtiy professionalism from beginning to end.

Description of Work
Large Elm Tree removed. Tree approx 90 years old. Equipment used in excellent working condition. Equipment used excellent for handeling the job. Communication between workers excellent.

10/11/2011

JANET F.

We went out on Saturday. When we came back, the tree was gone and everything was cleaned up. We were going to have them come back to grind down the stump, but we didn't have that done since it was still so wet. They provided a very good service. We were disappointed that we didn't get to watch, but they were likely working as fast as they could to get all of the trees in the area cleared. They were efficient and did the work with minimal damage to other trees

Description of Work
Wind from a storm cracked a very tall pine tree at the base. It fell diagonally across the fire department's driveway behind our house and became entangled with other smaller trees. We called the next morning and they said they would take care of it.