American Building & Restoration / Americlean

Founded 1982 • With Angi since December 2011

2.3

37233 Carleen Ave

Avon, OH 44011

American Building and Americlean has been in business for 25 plus years serving all of northern Ohio. We are available 24 hours seven days a week for emergency service. We specialize in Insurance Restoration and Repairs. Water, Fire, Smoke and Mold Damage and Repairs. We Started out as a General

09/03/2014

Catherine L.

I utilized Michael Myles for a mold remediation and was satisfied with the results; although I did have a difficult time getting him to provide a receipt for my buyer. When I was purchasing a condo for myself I had him do the home inspection. I was advised that I would have the report within five business days. We are now almost at a month since the date of inspection and I have not received my report. Of course he was able to cash the check the day after the inspection. First he claimed he emailed it to me, then he claimed he just got the papers back from office max. Then he continued to dodge my calls and my business partners calls. Completely unacceptable and unprofessional. I would NEVER use him again and I caution anyone else to steer clear! ===== Update: Regarding the provider's response, I did not give him a non working email address. If I did, how did that explain all of our email communications up to that point, as well as the photos that were sent? Further, he ended up sending everything to me, not to my father, which doesn't explain my "non working email address". When I finally did receive the inspection report, it was a shoddily put together handwritten report with no detail, as well as no mention of some of the issues we'd discussed. I've received other inspection reports in the past and this was very poorly executed. So actually, I was not pleased with the quality of the work. I've never had to hound someone for a product for a month and then be disappointed with the end result. My father is actually working on notifying the BBB.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category remodeling

This customer kept giving a non working email address, Finally I had to send the report to her father. We did good work for her and she was satisfied with the quality of the work it was the length of time it took to get the report to her because of the email issues. I have been in business for over 25 years and have an a+ rating with the BBB and a good rating with angies list. I can only control the quality of my work, unfortunately I cannot computer or email issues. In the 25 + years I have NEVER had this kind of problem sending anything via email this is a first and now I have put a system in place to prevent this from ever happening again.

09/16/2013

Kaitlin M.

The plumbing was replaced with CPVC. His joints were terrible. It left a river running out of the basement bathroom. A very reasonable leak that he just left. I am happy to share pictures, it was all documented for the parties involved and citied in our city inspection. The CPVC leaked at three other joints. He took the liberty of cutting off the copper water lines to the bar area, high above the wall after we had just capped them. He also took the liberty of removing the water spigot off the back of the house leaving a hole in our brick. The worst part of the whole experience was that Mike turned the water on and left. My husband walked in a few minutes later since Mike just left. There was a waterfall pouring from our second floor bathroom to the basement. This caused horrible damage to the plaster on the first floor (Also citied in the city inspection). He had hooked up lines by accident that shouldn't have been used. We also have hot water leading to the outside of the house. Mike became hostile. since we spoke with the seller that he had not done anything two days prior to a city inspection (the seller believed it had been completed five days earlier) He never returned the keys to the property. We had to change the locks. The best of it was finding his dip cup hidden in the basement after he left! (The home had been vacant for five years, so we know it was his :) ) He may be able to do some things well, but plumbing was not one. And his prices were unreasonable for what I was going to contract him for.

Description of Work
I was purchasing a property in Shaker Heights. The seller and I were working together to get some issues worked out. Mike was working for the seller of the property I was buying. We are an unconventional close where she was having work done, as was I, the buyer, prior to close. Mike was hired to do the plumbing. The copper was stolen from the house months earlier. Mike told the seller that the plumbing was done. I had to send photos that it wasn't even started. Our seller was ready to fire him, but we were very close to a city inspection, so we just needed it to be done. I convinced her to let him stay. My personal experience with Mike was high pressure sales. He wanted to rip the wood paneling out of the basement for me for $2,600 dollars, which he said was a deal. I declined since I wasn't willing to put that much into a house before we closed. He continued to pressure me. Told me his guys couldn't do the plumbing since it was so moldy in the basement. Upon my own inspection, since Mike helped himself to ripping down some boards, there was nothing there! After consulting other contractors, they told me to stay away from him. They did the job for a few hundred bucks.

Category remodeling

In response to this review, Our company was not hired by this person, We were hired by the seller to do some pre sale repairs. This is a customer that our company has done work for before and we were paid in full for services rendered. We are not a plumbing contractor, nor do we do plumbing, We are a Mold Remediating, Flooded Basement Contractor, If you wish to contact the customer who hired us please Her name is Maryann Trimarco @443-834-3044 and We have Thousands of other satisfied customers and 25 years in the construction Remodeling business. This Review was not a customer and we were not hired by them, We strive to make EVERYONE happy but because of the internet some people just think they can write what ever they want and It does'nt affect anything. They don't have a company that they work very hard at to make sure everyone does their job perfectly and to everyone 100 % satisfaction. We have a great reputation in Cleveland and will continue to provide excellent service for years to come. Check out our website at Builders Pro .com

12/15/2011

Laurie M.

Mr. Myles gave me a prompt response and estimate. After having received two other estimates, I decided to go with this company due to the price. Once I picked out my flooring, he picked up the material and started the work. He finished the job in the time frame I needed to have it completed even if that meant coming back after dinner and into the evening hours to get the job done. American Building & Restoration not only did a beautiful job (I am very particular), but the price was great! A local flooring store would have cost me a lot more than what I paid. I am planning on doing minor remodeling in my kitchen (granite counters) and am planning to add on to my deck this spring. I will definitely be getting an estimate from Mr. Myles.

Description of Work
I had laminate flooring put in my living room and dining room area which flows together; also had laminate flooring put in my office.

HENNESSY'S INTERIOR PAINTING SERVICE

Angie's list Super Service Award winner yearly!! Owner-operated with the owner on each job at all times (+) 3 full-time employees - Excellent response time and attention to detail with every job. Insurance credentials available upon request - No subs - Free estimates and no travel charges!

Offers by HENNESSY'S INTERIOR PAINTING SERVICE on Angi
    MASTER PAINTING PLUS

During this COVID-19 outbreak, we are taking safety precautions to ensure your home projects are completed with your safety and health in mind. Please call today for details! Family owned and operated business. Business owner personally works on every job.

Painting Proline

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Mold remediation, testing and repairs, water damage repairs, high-end kitchen remodeling, tile, floors, carpet, roofs, insulation, drywall, and drywall repairs, painting interior and exterior, custom murals, custom painting, room additions, basement remodels, decks, garages, and concrete