Second Nature Landscape Services Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since November 2007

Serving Mahoning & Trumbull Counties for over 35 years. Residential and commercial repair, replacement and installation of landscape design, lawn, brick walkways, patios & walls, corrective pruning, mulching, leaf & snow removal.

4.4

4.3

lawn & landscaping (25)hardscaping (11)lawn care (7)Patios (4)tree service (4)drain pipe installation (3)landscape lighting (2)leaf removal (2)gutter repair (2)snow removal (1)mulch delivering (1)

04/19/2021

John H.

Excellent job. Well done and very neat. We will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Replaced hydrangeas and butterfly bushes with boxwoods. Cleaned up and weeded flower beds, added weed tarp and stones.

Category gutter repair, lawn service

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

09/16/2020

Lucrecia C.

No one contacted me

Description of Work
lawn mowed bushed trimmed

Category lawn service, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

I am sorry for the confusion. We did speak with you over the phone and your quote was prepared for the address listed. I can have copy of the quote sent, if you would like. We also quoted an hourly rate for stick and leaf removal, as you are in a heavily treed area. We were not aware that you need a quote for pruning of shrubs and ornamentals, if you would like that quote I will need to schedule a time for Tony to meet with you. Thank you.

09/07/2020

Mark B.

Tony and his crew do truly outstanding work and Tony will bend over backwards to make sure you are thrilled with his work. Couldn’t give him a higher recommendation.

Description of Work
Patio and landscaping

Category landscaping, tree service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios

Work Completed On 09/07/2020

Review for Second Nature Landscape Services Inc - 80 Victoria Road, Austintown, OH - 38857543

04/23/2020

Peppe S.

We are not in process yet

Description of Work
Outdoor lighting, drainage, General Garden advise

Category drain pipe, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

09/20/2019

Eric A.

Disappointed! I have not received a quote. Initial contact was two weeks ago. Contacted the company through both e-mail and phone. Last contact was three days ago. I was told by office staff that someone had been out to look at the property and would call me. Three days later and still have not heard from anyone.

Description of Work
Lawn Mowing

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

I would first like to apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Sadly, we did visit your property on two separate occasions but failed to communicate. I did text you my cell phone number and rates for your property. Thank you.

12/24/2018

Jan C.

The employee came to my home to give me a proposal and estimate. He spent somewhere between a half hour and an hour at my property. I never heard from him again. After several weeks I called the office and asked when I would hear from them. The woman who answered the phone said she’d speak to him and get back to me. I never heard another word.

Description of Work
Landscape design, shrub removal

Work Completed On 09/15/2018

11/05/2018

Linda S.

Good was done professionally

Description of Work
Lawn care and snow removal

Category lawn service, snow removal

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

08/08/2018

Chris M.

Took a week to get an answer on the phone. Lady was polite but on Monday 7/30/18, she said someone would be out to price an estimate. On 8/3/18, I called back and the story changed. Someone in the background was barking at her, "I'm not going to Hubbard! Tell'em go F.,;* imelf!"

Description of Work
Aaaa, Its Just A Customer

Work Completed On 08/03/2018

We are sorry for your disappointment. Our phones are answered Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. We typically do not set appointments for "one time" mowing services. Your property should never have been schedule for weekly mowing estimate, as we do not have a weekly mowing route in Hubbard at this time. As far as the "barking" in the background, the only thing that was said was that we don't have a mowing route in Hubbard. This comment was directed to the one who answered the phone, as this message was to be relayed to you on your initial call day, which was Monday the 30th. The rest of that statement was not stated, as the office staff does not use or tolerate such language. We again apologize for your disappointment and our lack of communication with your initial call.

08/07/2018

Cathy R.

Tony and his team were great to work with and the hardscape work they did was great. I really want to recommend them. But we have had problems with all the plantings. I'm not sure if it's because they did not amend our clay soil, but the pachysandra is barely surviving, some hostas are struggling, and the capitata ewe is basically dead. My frustration is that no one got back to me when I treported this was happening in the months following the work and even sent photos. Meanwhile, the grass they planted after all the construction work did not come back AT ALL after it first sprouted, and now much of our back yard is bare dirt, much worse than the conditions we began with. Gave up on having my requests for follow up responded to, and am still struggling, and paying, to fix our plantings that I already paid Second Nature to do. We spent many thousands on this project, by the way.

Description of Work
Brick patio extension, drainage excavation and installation, replant grass, install ornamental plantings.

Category landscaping, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 03/30/2017

We apologize for our lack of responsiveness. Our office staff is available Monday - Friday to answer any questions, concerns or scheduling at 330.782.0717. We will call to schedule an appointment with Tony to go over your landscape concerns.

06/06/2018

D D.

It's fine. I've used them for several years.

Description of Work
They cut the grass.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

04/25/2018

Michael J N.

Called for estimate and set appointment for 4:00PM on Thursday and 2nd Nature was a no-show. Left commensurate feedback for them and moved on down my list. On the next Wednesday they showed up and I told them that based on their lack of professionalism I would not consider them for my project (which has already been completed). They left, then returned a few moments later and wanted to discuss this at which time, since they were now bothering me, I reiterated what I'd told them and asked them to leave! Even this did not immediately get them to leave and they seemed to want to debate with me. In all my years of doing business, I've never seen such rude and overbearing behavior, and based on this I cannot recommend them.

Description of Work
Prepare and seed 600 sq foot of yard.

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

11/20/2017

John D.

No complaints

Description of Work
Lawn care, leaf removal

Category lawn service, leaf removal

Work Completed On 12/07/2017

10/17/2016

Linda S.

Awesome job, great crew ,Tony works like a machine , knows a lot about plants and trees , I can't brag enough about this job. So very pleased. His workers are well taught. Polite, and respectful. And they clean up after themselves, so no after cleanup for me. Job well done and we are very satisfied.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 08/15/2016

08/18/2015

Dean C.

very well pleased with the service

Description of Work
mulching, weeding, trimming and planting

Work Completed On 08/14/2015

04/19/2015

Diana H.

Overall it went well. We get many compliments on the results of their work

Description of Work
Relandscaped front area and put in pavers for walkway and porch

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/01/2010

11/26/2014

deb A.

With regard to price, I didn’t really compare. I didn’t have any other estimates done. There were a couple of issues. They did what they said they were going to do, and it does look nice. With regard to punctuality, they came when they said they were going to. The weather prevented the project from being completed, so it went a winter. But I was a little bit disturbed by the fact that there were holes where they were going to put the posts in for the railing. They sort of walked away from that and never covered them. So I did it. It also could be my fault because by the time they came back, they saw that I had already done it. I could have taken the initiative to tell them to fill the holes, and I didn’t. Part of this is my fault and the weather. I would use them again in the future only for certain aspects of the job.

Description of Work
I have had Second Nature Landscaping come. They rerouted some downspouts to make them go underground and drain across the yard rather than having them come straight down by the house, because whatever drainage was put into this house before was backing up. So they basically redid that. The other thing they did was redo some barn stone steps that I had. They made a nice little stone for the flower bed around it so that it all tied together. They coordinated the placement of a railing on those steps.

Category gutter repair, landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/15/2013

10/31/2014

Lonnie J.

I tried to contact them, and they haven't tried to call me back to sschedule the work I needed done next year.

Description of Work
I am trying to schedule them to landscaping.

Work Completed On 10/24/2014

07/01/2014

Monica A.

Went well. Tony was extremely knowledgeable about what trees, shrubs would be good for the application. He had ideas from the start and it did not take long to come up with a plan. He suggested things and offered alternatives. He was hands on during the whole process. The tree planted is perfect to soften the solid brick wall. He even brought two trees for me to see just so I could make the choice! The shrubs will hide the unsightly air conditioners and also provide privacy for us and our neighbors. He chose the perfect stones to help with the grade of the area. They look so nice and natural. So much better than retaining wall pavers! He planted grass in the areas that were barren from the original tree removal ( by tree service) last year. Because the area to be landscaped was so close to our neighbor's drive, with their permission, he had to use it at times. He was very careful to clean their driveway off and not leave a mess. The area is on the side of our house, unfortunately, we won't see it as often as our neighbors will!! It turned out so nice, I want him to plan something for our tired, weary landscaping in the front of our house. I would recommend him for any landscaping job. You can be assured he will come up with some great ideas. He is meticulous and you will see it in his attention to detail and the finished product.

Description of Work
Landscaped side of yard. Removed stumps from pine trees. Paid attention to detail regarding surroundings and elevation of property. Leveled air conditioners on slabs. Arranged plantings to soften the hardness of a solid two-story brick wall. Arranged shrubs to hide air conditioners and provide privacy. Made area with pavers for firewood storage.

Category landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/20/2014

06/16/2014

Donald L.

They were very nice and professional. However, their estimate for what we wanted done was astronomical. I haven't inspected any of their work nor do I know anyone who has used them. Not sure I could recommend them to anyone based solely on their estimate.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate for some landscape work.

Work Completed On 06/01/2014

03/05/2014

jeff M.

The estimate went well. They were very professional and very informative. We did not go with them but I would recommend someone to try them.

Description of Work
Estimate

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/05/2014

09/03/2013

james W.

We had called Second Nature in July about resolving some drainage and grading issues in our back yard. After 3 calls, they came out and spent 2.5 hours working in the yard to get us an estimate. We were quoted at $6000 to completely renovate the yard. More than we wanted to spend, but their plan seemed thorough and we wanted the issue resolved. The next day, we agreed to the cost and were told they'd be in touch and we'd likely be on the schedule for the middle of August. Since then, we attempted 4 times to get in touch with them to find out when we could get this project started. No reply. If you can't help, or don't want to, just say it. Now it's too late for the problem to be dealt with this season. Thanks for nothing.

12/17/2012

Greta M.

We could not ask for a more professional job from the estimate to the finished job. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
He designed and built a small stone patio, applied mulch to the beds, planted maple and evergreen tree, in addition to several small things.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 06/24/2011