Aurora Roofing & Home Improvements Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since January 2009

PO Box 418

Aurora, OH 44202

In business for over 20 years. Specializing in residential roofing and gutters. Only the best materials are used on every house. Our staff is dedicated to completing each project on time and on budget. Every job site is left completely clear of all work related debris. Certainteed certified

10/05/2021

Markella W.

Aurora Roofing biggest issue is customer service and how the owner Terry responds to issues, especially continuous issues and his unprofessionalism. I had high hopes for Aurora Roofing, I got 6 quotes for my gutters and went with them because the owner Terry gave me confidence and they were the only company to do roofing and gutters at a reasonable price, plus they were local and I wanted to give my money locally. Unfortunately I had a pretty bad experience with them. It started with the lack of communication. They don't inform you when they are coming at all. I had guests a few days before they came, had they come when I had guests as we were on my porch most of the time, I would have had to turn them away. They put on my gutters and my remaining guest commented on how sloped they looked (see pic). It looked like they were falling off. This is where the real problems began and where the owner Terry showed he lacks real customer service skills. He had roofers come fix my gutters, not the people who installed them. The roofers tried, but they did not know what they were doing (Terry explained this to me in an email as the issues started). This lead to my gutters leaking (see pic). When I emailed with pictures the gutters were leaking, he sent roofers again to fix it but it did not work, they still leaked. We had been emailing each other, Terry and I, so I tried to call him to see if he could talk to me about this issue. He ignored my voicemail until I emailed him a week later. This time he sent out gutter installers who had to fix what the roofers did as they reinstalled it wrong. The leaking continued. At this point, someone had come to my house for the leaking 3 TIMES with no apology or phone call from Terry. Finally Terry came out to my house with a day notice but no timeframe even when I asked for one. He asked if I wanted the gutters removed. I said do you have my old gutters? He said no. He was basically trying to provoke me. I had to ask him to leave my house after arguing with him. He said it was my roof issue. But they are a roofing company? Shouldn't after 3 times coming for the issue, they would have figured out what it was? I lost confidence in his ability to fix the issue. Terry was also very petty and immature. There was no sorry for the issue, we will try to fix it. When he was taking his hose off, I asked him not to spray the hose over my foundation. He took the hose and sprayed it more over the foundation and said "Oh like this?" It was laughable how his business owner was acting, I couldn't even get mad about it. He left, thankfully. I have to pay someone else to fix the issue. Would never recommend.

Description of Work
New Gutter Install, Roof Patching

06/03/2021

Kevin B.

Aurora Roofing is excellent! They had the best pricing in our search for the work. Terry and his crew did excellent work. Their attention to detail is amazing and they did an awesome job cleaning up. We highly recommend Aurora Roofing!

Description of Work
Total roof replacement

06/08/2018

JOE L.

Terry returned my initial call promptly. He arrived on time to give me an estimate and we scheduled the work, weather permitting. After a one day rain delay, his crew arrived early and set about removing the old roof. Very professional, efficient and friendly crew who worked hard. They only took a few breaks and they all worked well together like a well oiled machine. On the second day, Terry returned to inspect the work and had me walk with him. That impressed me. The final bill was close to the quote. It would have been dead on if it wasn’t for the plywood that had to be replaced on the sheds roof. When finished, they thoroughly cleaned up, even using a gadget that picks up metal nails. And I am beyond happy and highly recommend them!

Description of Work
The roof on the house was nearing the end of its life span and the 44 yo sheds roof had to be replaced.

Category roofing, chimney repair

12/27/2017

Robert H.

Aurora Roofing came in with a price much lower than what we believed it would cost. The work was completed within a week of our approving the quote despite the fact that the fall storm resulted in many area roofs needing repairs. We are VERY pleased and wouldn't hesitate to use Aurora Roofing again.

Description of Work
Replace shingles torn off by late fall storm & re-installed downspout.

11/20/2017

Brad D.

Work was preformed well, but had a few minor issues with materials for ventilation, information on the solar fan not accurate and the vents we ordered never came in after waiting a few weeks we made a second choice.

Description of Work
New roof and ventilation.

07/04/2017

christine K.

very good, i would highly recommend them

Description of Work
roof was leaking after a hard rain. Contacted aurora roofing on july 3rd, after business hours. within 10 minutes the owner Terry responded, said he would be able to come out July 4th between 1030 and 11:30, he called at 10:25 said he'dhe would be there in half and hour. told me he thought it might be the rubber boot to the exhuast, it was , it was cracked had a hole in it he inspected everything else while up there he qoted 175, charged me 150. Nice guy, i'd for sure use them again. He came out on a Holiday for a small job. Great servic

06/12/2017

David C.

Excellent job. The workers were very neat about their job. Everything on the ground and the deck was protected. The entire job was completed in one day. The old roofing was placed in a dumpster that was picked up and hauled away the next day which was a Saturday.

Description of Work
Roof tear off and replacement.

05/17/2017

LARRY M.

Everything went well. It took longer because of the weather issues but that was not the fault of the company.

Description of Work
Aurora Roofing put on a new roof on my home. They were very professional. the job took longer then expected because of some difficulties they had with with rotten boards and issues with roof. They were there on time everyday even though the weather was in the 90's most days. They cleaned up and left the home in great shape. The roof looks great.

05/17/2017

LARRY M.

They were prompt and cleaned up well. Took them 5 days to complete the job. Very satisfied with the job they did. They were not the cheapest quote we got, but were very competitive and were very knowledgable.

Description of Work
Replaced the whole 25 year old roof from my home and replace as needed boards underneath.

09/26/2016

John F.

The crew from Aurora Roofing did a great job. I would definitely hire this company again!

Description of Work
Sunroom roof repair

03/18/2016

Eric H.

Terry was quick to respond to my request (he was one of the only ones who did) to complete this minor repair. Terry was able to get me a quick estimate and perform the service fast. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Fixed a few damaged tiles found during a home inspection on a house I was selling.

10/20/2015

deb S.

It looks great! The metal roof is a burgundy color which no one carries gutters that match that specific color. Terry matched them perfectly and it looks fantastic.

Description of Work
Put gutters on a metal roof pavillion

06/23/2015

Herb G.

I couldn't have asked for better service from Terry/ Aurora Roofing. I sent an email to Aurora Roofing late Saturday afternoon (6/20). In it, I described my situation: I had discovered a wet spot in an upstairs ceiling and was hoping that someone could take a look as soon as possible. There were several reasons for my sense of urgency. First was the obvious fear of what the water spot might mean (a major repair? a new roof?). Just as important to me, however, was the fact that the house was recently placed on the market & we needed to correct whatever the issue was as soon as possible so as not to hinder any potential sales opportunities. Imagine my (pleasant) surprise when I received a call within 1/2 hour of sending the inquiry. As fate would have it, Terry would be in the area within the hour and said he'd take a look. I wasn't at the house when he called & said I would meet him there. By the time I arrived -- maybe 20 minutes later -- Terry had already arrived, been up on the roof, and assessed the situation. Two days later, the leak had been corrected (which was thankfully minor in nature). As a relatively new Angie's List user, my experiences with service providers to date have been mixed at best -- especially as it relates to communication. And until this instance, I have been hesitant to write any type of review -- good or bad. Not so in this case. Terry has restored my faith that there actually are companies that take pride in great customer service. The service I received should be acknowledged and rewarded. Great job!

Description of Work
Resealed soil pipe flashing and installed a new rain collar.

05/06/2015

Lynn S.

Terry came out on time to provide an estimate. He called the next day to let me know he was sending his staff out to fix our roof and chimney because rain was on it's way. I thought that was very thoughtful and great customer service. I will use him again if repairs are needed. I cannot comment on the price because I have never had this service before--I have nothing to compare it to.

Description of Work
Repaired roof and chimney.

03/03/2015

Sandy I.

It went smoothly. We called after 3:00 in the afternoon and Terry answered the call from another job and was able to make it to our home within the hour. We were relieved they were able to chop away the thick ice, located the problem and stop the leaking.

Description of Work
We had a leak in one room due to an ice d*** and snow melting. Terry came with 2 men and climbed up on the roof, located the problem (thick ice d***) and removed it and described the problem. Thick ice around the chimney flashing resulting water getting in and dripping through. They were punctional, profressional and reasonably priced. Thank you!

Category roofing, roof snow removal

11/14/2014

TODD K.

They were first-class, fairly priced and outstanding. I would definitely refer them and I will hire them again.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on my house.

08/16/2014

SHIRLEY A R.

Terry returned my call promptly, came out to look at the house the next day and had his team out repairing my gutters within a day. Terry has patched my roof a few times over the last couple of years, he appears to really care about his customers and is very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Re-attached the gutters to the house.

07/03/2014

Vickie H.

They were really good. We had huge delays because of the weather, but once the weather was nice enough for those guys to get up there to work, they were done and out of here in 2 days. They cleaned up everything, and you couldn't tell they were here, except for the new roof. They trimmed back the trees because they were touching my roof. They did a wonderful job. I was expecting to pay way more than what I paid. I decided to go with them, because I had reviews on Angie's List. I go thirty year shingles. He called me back right away, and when there was delay with the weather, he kept me informed.

Description of Work
I used Aurora Roofing. They did a total tear off, and I had some plywood replace, and I had them remove my gutters and put them back on as well.

03/31/2014

Charles K.

Not at all aggressive. Professionally done.

Description of Work
Responded immediately and provided me an estimate to re-roof a screened in porch. Later provided a thorough written estimate and inspected the entire roof offering suggestions.

09/21/2013

joseph O.

It went fine. He did exactly what he said he'd do. I felt he was honest and I'd call him back in the future if I had a problem.

Description of Work
inspected my roof, cleaned it and caulked around the exhaust and intake vents.

09/19/2013

Brandon D.

Terry called the next morning after I bought the "Big Deal" and set-up a time to meet. They showed up on time three days after I bought the coupon (I was fine with waiting) and got right to work. They did a great job giving me some insight as to the roof's condition as well as the chimney. The work that they did was thorough and I felt the value was solid since I didn't have to get on a fairly steep roof to replace three shingles. It didn't take them very long to complete the roof so they were kind enough to pull some leaves out of the gutters and talk to me about my options for roof replacement. He sent over a quote to replace it and have the chimney work done. Good guys overall and I would use them again. The price I received on the quote to replace the roof does seem high, but it was the first quote I received so we shall see.

Description of Work
Replaced some loose shingles and looked at the roof for other issues.

08/14/2013

Julie R.

During a heavy rainstorm we had water flowing from an indoor light fixture. We searched Angie's List and contacted 6 A-rated companies to obtain an estimate for repair of our roof. Aurora Roofing was one of two companies that responded. He called to make an appointment and arrived on time. Following a complete inspection of our roof, he determined that there was no evidence of damage to our roof and that the water issues were likely related to windows that are not water tight. We had prepared ourselves to be told that we would need to replace our roof, so we really appreciated his honesty.

Description of Work
provided an estimate to repair our roof

08/05/2013

Stanley E.

Quality was very good we had a few mishaps but they corrected the problems . Roofer put a roofing nail through roof and punctured my air condition line ,it was not his fault as line was close to roof ply wood and roofer paid half of repair cost

Description of Work
Roofed house and shed ,installed new rain gutters

07/28/2013

Kathy D.

It went very well. We thought rain had come in through the ridge vent, but it was a problem by the ridge vent that allowed water to come in. There were a few more problems that his roofers were able to fix (all covered by the coupon). He told us that we had 3 to 5 years left on the roof. But recommended that the gutters in the back needed replaced. Not the down spouting, he said those was ok. So overall I was pleased with the service. And with the age of the roof, having the opportunity to have it inspected and minor fixes done, I felt the coupon offered by Aurora Roofing was something I could not pass up even though money is very tight for us right now.

Description of Work
Terry Wendel, from Aurora Roofing, inspected the roof that was 19 years old. Looked for loose flashing, problem area around our ridge vent and other areas that we thought we were having problems with. Also looked at the shingles and general condition of the entire roof.

05/29/2013

Andi F.

When the team showed up on the day of the repair they were friendly, professional, and knew exactly what they were there to do...having been briefed on the entire situation. About an hour into the work, the owner showed up to inspect the process and to be sure I was ok...amazing. They worked in the blazing sun, non-stop for several hours and not only replaced the panels and did the resealing, but they blew all the debrie from the roof and did a great job of ground clean up. It was like they were never here except that in our recent torrential rains....my ceilings stayed dry!!!! I couldn't be more pleased.

Description of Work
I have a metal roof - - unfortunately not the type that should be used on a residential location---and have had several leaks. I contacted another company who came out, charged a very high price, did a less that professional job and I still had all the leaks. Aurora Roofing owner came out, reviewed the situation, provided a couple of options and great counsel!! Ultimately replacing several panels and correctly resealing all of the screw heads.

Ray Arnold Masonry

Ray Arnold Masonry is a family owned and operated business for almost 70 years, now in our third generation! We specialize in chimney repair and masonry needs, including cultured and real stonework, retaining walls, steps, porches, patios, and basement waterproofing. We are committed to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction, and dedicated to handling all of your masonry and general contracting needs. You can count on our work because we focus on building lifelong relationships with our customers, delivering the best possible service and continuing to grow and expand. Our estimates are free, with the exception of some real estate transactions, and we generally require 30% down to put a customer on our work schedule, with the balance due upon completion. We also offer a 5% military discount. We would look forward to serving your masonry needs!

Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet

Gutter Helmet Gutter Protection | Proudly Serving Local Homeowners Since 1981 Never Clean Your Gutters Again! Gutter Helmet is the one-time investment with a lifetime of benefits. Our system installs over your existing full-sized rain gutters, and we offer the only true four-season/365 day-a-year total rainwater management protection system. Trusted by over a million customers nationwide, we guarantee your gutters will remain free flowing and clog free from all debris with our triple lifetime, transferable performance warranty. Call to learn more about the Gutter Helmet difference and schedule your free demonstration and estimate today. (877) 779-8048. Senior & military discounts available.

Offers by Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet on Angi
    Smart Choice Windows & More

At Smart Choice Windows and More, our goal is to exceed all of our customers' expectations by providing them with Quality products, Professionally Installed, at an Affordable price. From start to finish, we communicate with you throughout your home improvement process. We never take short-cuts. You receive free estimates with no pressure salesmanship. Your job is done right the first time by our service and installation teams. You can deal direct with the owner. We will exceed your expectations.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential roofing & gutters.

Ask for details.