Agroscapes

Founded 1994 • With Angi since October 2006

11471 Goodman Road

Ashville, OH 43103

Agroscapes is a full-service landscaping maintenance company, serving both residential and commercial customers throughout Central Ohio. Our experience and old-fashioned approach to doing business make us the obvious choice for your landscaping needs.

05/28/2019

Linda F.

It went very well. They were on time and professional.

Description of Work
Patio Repair and Spring Landscape Maintenance

Category landscaping, home appliances

05/18/2017

Dawn F.

They went above and beyond our expectations. Even cleaning up after our fencing contractor

Description of Work
grass seed

Category lawn treatment

08/18/2015

Charles M.

Went very well, the workers were great. Did a good job and cleaned up after themselves. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Cleaned, mulched, edged flowerbeds. Spayed driveway. Refreshed/removed/refilled dirt in flowerbeds. Spread topsoil, planted grass. Removed old plants added new.

Category landscaping, mulch

04/23/2015

Linda F.

Description of Work
I've been an ongoing customer for the last several years for landscape maintenance. Costs vary depending on the nature of the service, but reasonable. Lawn treatments, trim and mulch beds, leaf removal, lawn repair and some re-grading. Very responsive if something wasn't right on occasion -- they returned & made it right.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

09/02/2014

Janet L.

So far, they're doing fine. I had some other bit of relationship with them on another project and someone recommended them to me as well so I decided to use them.

Description of Work
They are lawn feeding and feeding applications. They are doing specific spraying of certain kinds of growth on the lawn.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

08/31/2014

Jaymi B.

The Agroscapes crew was amazing to work with! We've worked with a lot of contractors and crews over the years, but none like the Agroscapes folks...they were so nice, so polite and easy to work with. We decided on a few last-minute customizations to the fence gates and the crew took the time to help us think through the best way to make what we wanted happen and look nice. They worked past their normal quitting time on two days to be sure that our dogs could safely access the yard and so our neighbors could use their yard with less impact, which was great. The crew hand-made the fence and took great care to use the highest quality material and parts. They even dug the fence posts deeper to ensure long-lasting stability. We couldn't be happier with our new fence. As you may be aware, privacy fencing is a sizable investment and we feel that we were treated very fairly for the money we spent. We're happy our money was spent with Agroscapes whose values reflect honesty, integrity, customer focus and hard-work. We scheduled the work in April and they were booked for several months, but it was well worth the wait! Thanks, Agroscapes...we love our new fence and are happy to have a safe, secure place for our dogs to run and play!

Description of Work
Removed existing fence and I stalled new, custom-built 6' privacy wood fence.

06/06/2014

Charles M.

Description of Work
They were too busy to provide service...

10/20/2013

Jeffrey B.

From the time Mel came to look at our job and give an estimate, to the end of the job, when Mel called to see if I was happy with the work, I was pleased with their service. I got 6 estimates for the job, and Agroscapes bid fell right in the middle. There were two other companies that I would have felt fine working with, but when I looked at the work that was being offered for the price, Agroscapes seemed to be the best deal. A month after the estimate was provided, I called Mel to say I would like to work with him, and would he come out and walk through the job with me again. He came that afternoon, a Thursday, and we scheduled the job to begin the following Monday. He said it was getting late in the season to do a seeding job, and he wanted to get the seed down as soon as he could. I don't know if he squeezed me in along with his other jobs, or if Monday was just how far out he was booking, but I appreciated getting started right away. The crew showed up at 9:00, and I had been told they would arrive between 9 and 10. We're off to a good start. Todd was heading up the crew, and he wanted to walk through the yard with me to make sure he understood what I wanted them to do. That's check #2 for me being happy. There were 5 people working, and I was comfortable with all 5 of the individuals being on my property. As the job progressed, I would go out occasionally to observe. There was twice, I think, that I asked Todd if they were going to do a certain thing, or if they could expand their repair work a little deeper into the yard. I got the impression that we had had a miscommunication- that I thought they were going to cover so much area, and they didn't think it was going to be that much, but both times, without hesitation, Todd said he would do it, that he wanted me to be satisfied with their work. To anybody now getting ideas, it wasn't that big of a difference; if they hadn't done it, I still would have been ok with it. My point is, he was not nit-picking over details and was perfectly willing to be flexible. Day two was mostly finishing up a small amount of yard work, and doing the path and fire pit in the woods. Again, I went out a couple of times. I can do this type of work myself, to a degree, but I'm very slow and detail oriented. I was pleased with their level of detail. Usually, I'm just okay with others work, at best. We'll see now if the grass comes up, but I'm pleased with the job Agroscapes did for me.

Description of Work
We have a large lawn (15000 sq ft) that was heavily damaged by a tree removal service from their trucks and equipment. Agroscapes repaired the deep ruts and damaged areas, brought in and spread topsoil, and re-seeded. In addition, we had them cut a 4' wide path into our woods and make a 15' diameter fire pit about 20' down the path.

08/05/2013

Peter C.

They would show up and mow the yard while we were at work. Sometimes the quality seemed a little rushed. However, it was was drought year so, the yard was not going to look like a golf course no matter what we did short of daily watering an acre of yard and that was not going to happen. I would give them another try.

Description of Work
Monthly mowing service

06/14/2013

Suzanne R.

They're very professional, they did a very good job, and it didn't take them very long to do it, they told us what we needed to do, keep the sud going and with the watering portion of that and stuff, and it still looks great. They were fine and easy to deal with. I think the price was maybe a little higher than the normal, but the quality was very good.

Description of Work
I used Agroscapes to put our sud and our front yard.

05/14/2013

Paul M.

I have been watching Agroscapes service my next door neighbor's lawn and landscaping needs over the past 3 years. Everything they do has been so impressive, and even better than the current lawn treatment I have been receiving. So I switched and was very pleased from start to finish on setting this up. Their employee who does the lawn treatment is clearly the most knowledgeable one I have ever met about lawns. He did a very good job on the application and I look forward to my yard looking as good as my neighbor's lawn. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They treated our lawn only.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

Dear (deleted member name), We take such pride in our Lawn Fertilization Program and feel that Todd is definately the best in the business. Looking forward to seeing the overall improvement in your lawn as the season progresses. Your business is very much appreciated.

02/25/2013

Tobi G.

They come when they say they will and the managers/owners available to answer any questions/issues when they arise.

Description of Work
I have used this company many times over many years.

Category landscaping

Dear customer, Thank you so much for your kind review. Clients such as you are a pleasure. We really do value your business and opinions and look forward to earning your continued patronage. Agroscapes is very proud of our employees and office staff. Not too many companies communicate with their customers on a personal level. At Agroscapes you are not just a "number", we treat all of our customers with the utmost respect. Again Thank You.

01/16/2013

Catherine S.

After using Agroscape for my Lawn Fertilizing for several years, I decided to give them a try for some landscaping work. They have always done a great job on my lawn fertilizing and I would highly recommend them for this service. Last year, I had a front yard makeover and a new firepit/patio installed. The install was not without problems, but the end result was good. Issues/Resolutions 1 - Dog fence cut daily/Repaired Daily - They made sure that this was fixed every night before they left 2 - Installed Pavers were not level - Pavers removed and re-installed 3 - Neighbors Irrigation cut - Agroscapes repaired and also re-imbursed them for start-up 4 - Changed a mulch option mid-stream based on discussions with Installer. - Handled smoothly with no extra time added to project 5 - Issues with grass and plants due to time of year and lack of rainfall - When fall rolled around, Agroscapes returned and replaced seeding and plants 6 - Still experiencing issues with a few trees - Agroscapes has been very responsive and are taking care of these. Initial experience was not the greatest, but Mel and TJ have made up for that with the service and follow up that made me choose them for the work. The Hardscape looks great and hopefully some of the people who asked for Agroscapes information have called them.

Description of Work
A work in progress

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service, hardscaping, patios

This was a project that did not go as planned. We are a company that will always do everything possible to make our customers happy. The issues on this project were way more than any other project we have had. We appreciate the patience of Members.

12/11/2012

STEVE & SUSAN D.

Description of Work
Landscape, mowing and lawn application. Price depends on the job. Mowing is about $30.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

Dear Member. We appreciate your business and enjoy working with you. Thank you for taking time out of your day to review Agroscapes.

11/29/2012

JIM & TRISH N.

Their service turned out very well. They were very good about reseeding any areas of the lawn that were damaged during this project. Communication with TJ, the man who did the work, was excellent. I did have a glitch with the office. I asked for a start date and they said they would call me back. They told TJ they did call me back but they didn't actually call me back.

Description of Work
They mostly did dry stack-stone wall.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Thanks for the positive response. We appreciate your comment about not receiving a return phone call. I'm not sure what happened but we will try to make sure it doesn't happen again. You have to be able to take the good comments with the bad. Thanks again for the work and call us if you need any other landscaping services. Just a reminder that we also provide lawn and landscape maintenance services as well as landscape installation.

11/28/2012

Jocelyn S.

They came right away and did a great job.

Description of Work
We had them do an annual clean up on our flower beds, trim all the foliage, and lay down mulch throughout.

Category landscaping

Thanks for the great review. We look forward to servicing your property in the future. We also offer lawn fertilization and weed control if you need this service. Thanks again.

11/27/2012

CAROLYN G.

I have hired them three or four times. They are conscientious and they do over and above what you ask them to do. They are always prompt, clean up after themselves, and do a great job. They are excellent. I am going to hire them again.

Description of Work
I have hired them for landscaping.

Category landscaping

Dear member. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is very important to us to have respect for our customers, from the first phone call to the finished product. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future.

11/27/2012

I was moderately satisfied.

Description of Work
I hired them for landscaping.

Category landscaping

Seeding is the most difficult procedure that we perform. We can use the best technique's, the best equipment and the best seed and not get great results. That's why we always recommend that you use us to perform your lawn application after a seeding job. Especially on a job site that is heavy shade.

11/02/2012

SONJA P.

Due to the terrible work they did and still demanded to be paid, I took the owner of agroscapes to small claims court. I had pictures of the horrible job they did and I still had to pay the company in full. The owner of agroscapes was very vindictive and abusive toward me. He could have cared less about the job results. When the owner came out to look at the work that was done he said he would personally come and correct the work, he did not correct anything, the only thing he did do was put his foot into the front of a nice mature bush that he had heard me comment on how much I liked, damaging it in the front of it so I would see it when I came up the driveway. He was vindictive and abusive toward me for going to his office in Ashville and complaining to his company about the terrible work his crew had done and that which they had left undone. The small claims judge totally ignored the evidence of the pictures I had taken of the discusting work they did on my property and listened to the owners lies and ordered me to pay $1,500.00. It was very evident to me that the owner of agroscapes had his attorney contact the judge ahead of the hearing because the judge wasnt one bit interested in looking at the pictures for evidence of the terrible work done and that which was left undone. When the judge ask the owner if his attorney was with him, he replied, "He said he didnt need to be here." It sounded very evident to me that there had been a prior arrangement before the hearing between the attorney and the judge, because of all that was said and the judge's total disregard for the pictures or anything I had to say. I would never recommend agroscapes to anyone needing an honest, respectable landscape company to work on their property. Have respect for yourself, dont ever hire this company.

Description of Work
Fertilization of lawn, spring clean up, pruning of plants.

Category landscaping, lawn service

In the 18 years of being in business, this was the first time we had to litigate. The Court ruled in our favor and we were paid in full. I thought that was the end until I read this Angies' List review. This review completely caught me off guard. The only correct comment in this review was that we did perform some landscaping work for Member. Everything else is a lie. Member made 3 attempts to not pay us. The first was with the Attorney General for the State of Ohio. They dismissed the complaint on Sept.19, 2007. She then had an attorney contact us via letter on Oct. 3, 2007. Agroscapes responded to the letter stating that we did exactly what we were contracted to do and had no intentions of forfeiting the remaining past due amount. We also told her that we would be filing a claim with the Small Claims Court inf Fairfield County. We never heard back from her lawyer. The third attempt was when she made a counterclaim to our Small Claims Complaint. This verbal attack against Agroscapes and myself are uncalled for. We have had disputes and issues with some customers, just like any other company. When they have arisen, we have done everything possible to resolve them. Agroscapes is a high quality landscape company that has been listed in Business First "Top Landscape Companies in Columbus" and we carry an A+ rating with the Better Bureau of Ohio. We did not get to this status by being vindictive or abusive to our clients or their favorite shrubs.

07/02/2011

Paul H.

AGROSCAPES was easy to deal with on the phone. They came out to quote the job exactly when they said they would. Subsequently, they mowed, trimmed, and cleaned up weekly - always on schedule. The result was always a well groomed lawn and clean walkways. Throughout the season, it was always easy to reach them on the phone with questions or concerns. They always responded in a professional manner. They billed me once a month and I sent them a check. I used AGROSCAPES to do my lawn work because I had health problems that summer. I have not used them since, but, if the need arose, I would.

Description of Work
AGROSCAPES mowed and trimmed my lawn over the course of a full season (from spring to early fall).

Category landscaping, lawn service

Dear Member. It was a pleasure to be able to take care of your lawn needs while you were unable to do so. Your kind review of our company lets us know that we are doing our job right.

04/16/2011

Richard T.

Estimate too high.

Description of Work
Called for an estimate for clean our beds, trim shrubs,mulch beds and around trees. Estimator arrived at scheduled time, walked around to see areas where work to be done. Estimate was mailed and emailed within a week. Estimate was $650.00 higher than a competitor, so wwe went with another company.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Member, First I want to thank you for the review. I wish Agroscapes got every job that we bid. It always amazes me how different bids can be. I always just ask my customers to make sure they are comparing apple to apples. I hope you recieved great landscaping and at a great price. And if you have any additional work in the future I hope you give us another opportunity to bid the work.

08/12/2010

MICHAEL & JULIE J.

They've been responsive, reliable, trustworthy, and their price is fair. They come every Thursday and don't miss appointments. We switched to them because our old company said they couldn't take of grubs but they were able to.

Description of Work
They do lawn and flower bed maintenance for us. Price is for monthly bill.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

Dear Member. Thank you very much for your overall review of our company. We strive to treat our customers with respect and always appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

05/11/2009

PEG C.

They are very good - they work very hard. They come on a regular basis and do a good job at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
They removed trees after the hurricane and we have continued to use them for lawn and yard work.

Category lawn service, tree service

Thank you for taking time to review our company. It is a pleasure having you as a customer and appreciate your loyalty. Having customers like you makes our job a rewarding experience.

06/05/2008

PEG C.

We have only been using their service for about a month now, but so far everything has turned out great. They send a crew of two men. They come prepared with all of the necessary equipment and are able to completely mow my yard in less than an hour! I also receive a discount as an Angie's List member. We have contracted the company to do an upcoming spring clean up landscaping project and are very much looking forward to the results!

Description of Work
They mow my yard once a week.

Category lawn service

Thanks for the positive review Member. Our guys work hard for us and you. I hope everything is going well with your husband. Our thoughts are with both of you.

10/16/2006

KEVIN H.

They were very professional - even worked on a rainy day! Also very cordial!

Description of Work
Stone work around the outside of our house.

Category hardscaping

Member, Thanks so much for the positive review and the work. As you know its not always sunny and pleasant in Central Ohio. Part of our employees standard issue is a Rain Suit. It's important that some times we need to work through bad weather.

Jones Topsoil Co

Jones Topsoil was incorporated in 1924 under the name Jones Fuel Co. 2015 is our 91st anniversary. We sold residential coal for home furnaces in the Columbus, Ohio area. As natural gas became the fuel of choice in the 1950’s we began hauling topsoil, sand and gravel, and limestone for contractors and homeowners. Although our corporate name is still Jones Fuel Co., we do not sell any fuel. Our topsoil has always been of the highest quality because we normally strip topsoil ahead of gravel operations. Our soil is called “sandy loam” topsoil and usually comes from along Franklin County Rivers and streams. We sell three types of topsoil. SoilPlus, which is a blended topsoil, and can be delivered with our Slinger Jones trucks, is normally used for flower beds and gardens. Pulverized topsoil is our rich topsoil run through a large grinder and made easy to work with and spread. That soil is used to level out lawns and fill areas that need built up with soil. Our regular, un-pulverized topsoil is used to fill deep holes, or when the customer is using a skid loader to spread the topsoil. We also sell and deliver high quality mulch, sand & gravel, and limestone products. Because we have so many trucks, we are normally able to deliver on the same day as the order is placed, and normally within a few hours. 40 Employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. DBA Jones Fuel Co. Previous contact - John Jones. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 867-7645.

Triple-X Xtreme Xterior Xperts

We are a full service hardscape design build company. We install pavers and concrete patios complete with pavilions, seat walls multi-level areas, fire places and pits, outdoor kitchens and pizza ovens. We also install all LED lighting and landscape associated with the construction of your outdoor space. We are BBB A+ accredited

Flores Landscaping Services Inc

Flores Landscapes is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of clients though high integrity and accountability. We understand that your home is likely the most valuable asset you will ever own - both financially and sentimentally. Flores will enhance the outdoor aesthetics of your home, while making the process smooth and professional. Additional email: info@FloresLandscapes.com.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE, LANDSCAPE INSTALLATION AND DESIGN, PAVERS, RETAINING WALLS, ARBORS, GAZEBOS, SPRING AND FALL CLEAN UP, PRUNING, SOD AND SEEDING, LAWN APPLICATIONS, WATER GARDENS, AERATION, COMMERCIAL SNOW & ICE MANAGEMENT ONLY.