A-1 Home Improvement

Founded 2010 • With Angi since April 2011

over 25 years experience Free estimates 10% Senior Citizen Discount Fullly Bonded and Insured We do roof repairs Commercial Rubber We handle insurance claims...

A Service Provider's profile image

+21 more images

4.4

roofing (24)siding companies (11)gutter repair (10)chimney repair (4)decks & porches (4)door installation (3)woodworking (3)window replacement (2)gutter cleaning (1)plumbers (3)roof snow removal (1)

09/02/2022

Misty C.

A-1 Superior Home Improvement was an awesome company to work with. They were very efficient and courteous. They provided a reasonable estimate and did all repairs quickly and professionally. I would highly recommend and definitely call again.

Description of Work
roof repairs, bathroom ventilation, water heater sediment drip leg

Category plumbing, roofing

Work Completed On 09/06/2022

04/15/2022

Jaime S.

Joe has done many many projects at our house. This time we had a walk in closet turned into a shower so that our half bath became a full bath.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category plumbing, remodeling

Work Completed On 04/15/2022

12/21/2020

Nancy B.

A-1 Superior Home Improvement, Travis Workman. We highly recommend this business. All work we required was completed. Our sister’s metal roof was painted ensuring a number of years of use without problems. Our gutters were cleaned and most important out siding was replaced that was damaged by a tree a number of years ago. We had sought out other service providers to repair the siding, but no one ever followed up. Most house siding is 4” but ours is 4 ½”, harder to find. Travis and his wife made calls and search to find siding that would work on our house. While it took a little time, they did not give up. After a number of years of tattered siding, thanks to their efforts, our house siding is renewed.

Description of Work
Roof Repair, Gutter Cleaning, Siding Repair

Category gutter cleaning, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

11/29/2020

Rob K.

I received several estimates from different contractors. I have to say that when I met Travis I got a good feeling about him. He seemed much more supportive and detailed in our conversation when he came over to do the quote. Well, my instincts were correct. He does what he says, he is honest and a great communicator during the process. The crew was fantastic. Travis and crew go above and beyond to make sure the customer is satisfied. A+ in my book.

Description of Work
Replace Roof

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 11/16/2020

09/26/2020

Jeffrey R.

Scheduled time quickly, arrived late but called beforehand. Described repairs and what would need to be done to properly fix the problem and suggested other actions as well to provide as much protection from water damage as possible. Unfortunately my job was too small and far away, never heard from again. Everyone is making money in the Trump economy they can afford to blow off small jobs.

Description of Work
Siding and flashing repair due to water damage.

Category gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

Sorry that I have not got back with you yet. We sent a color chart out for your gutters but due to coid everthing is backed up. I know its special order for the gutter and I wanted to make sure on pricing before I bid so i didnt over bid or under bid to be fair. Sorry about the delay.

09/25/2020

Rosie G.

Guys were polite, got right to work. Removed old built up tar and boot around vent pipe and replaced with a new one.

Description of Work
Vent pipe boot replaced.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

07/27/2020

LIN R.

THE COMPANY FAILED TO REPLY TO MY CALL

Description of Work
SIDING REPAIR

Category siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

04/03/2020

Gill G.

Very nice and professional crew. Installed roof and replaced rotted wood. Made sure past work from other company was corrected so no future issues occur. They made sure everything was cleaned up when they left. We will definitely call them for more projects in the future!

Description of Work
installed roof

Work Completed On 04/02/2020

02/27/2020

Rob P.

Very well. Travis and his crew were very friendly and paid attention to detail. When issued did arise, they were quick to address them. The job had a mid-course adjustment and A-1 was deft in their ability to handle the adversity. Extra demands were placed on them by the building inspector and Travis complied without additional time or cost. I am currently soliciting a bid from Travis for another project and might very likely hire him, even if he is not the lowest bid.

Description of Work
roof and siding

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

Review for A-1 Home Improvement - 814 Township Road 1101, Ashland, OH - 38542582

02/24/2020

Ann T.

A-1 Home improvement did a great job replacing our roof. We were provided a detailed explanation of what caused our problem in the first place and A-1 did an excellent job correcting all the areas of concern. We were very impressed by the professionalism and friendliness of ALL the workers. We would definitely recommend A-1 Home improvement.

Description of Work
Roof install

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 02/22/2020

11/01/2019

Leonard A.

Travis and his crew responded to my call quickly, came out the next day to inspect the problem and worked on it the follow day....Travis was professional, hard working, empathetic to our needs, and showed a sincere interest in solving our repair needs.

Description of Work
Repair

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

08/27/2019

Marya S.

so far good - need to extend vents - waiting for completion.

Description of Work
air vents for roof

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

07/24/2019

Jim B.

They came out for the initial inspection, and gave us an estimate, then never returned any of several phone calls to them.

Description of Work
roof inspection to determine why bathroom ceiling had water spots

Work Completed On 07/23/2019

04/18/2019

Jerry B.

Very well. Pricing was a little higher than I expected, but they did excellent work, were prompt, very polite and considerate, and worked very quickly, It was worth every penny, Will be looking at them to do some interior work as well in the future. Definitely recommending,

Description of Work
Skiriting and roofing replaced

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

03/14/2019

Alice B.

great ! They were done in one day. Travis and his wife Candy and the workers were very professional. They were prompt ,worked quickly and got the job done. If I had any concerns they addressed them. They made sure I understood the process all the way thru. What a great team ! I am very happy. Thank You. A. Bonnallie , Wellington,Oh

Description of Work
roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 03/11/2019

02/11/2019

Kenneth P.

We had huge ice dams on our roof and in the gutters. A-1 Home Improvement did the work in a timely fashion and slightly under their estimate. They were responsive to my concerns and answered all my questions. I found them to be dependable, on time and was pleased with the outcome. I am having them give me estimates for additional work based on my satisfaction of the job they did for me.

Description of Work
ice dam removal and installation of heat tapes

Category roof snow removal

Work Completed On 01/26/2019

02/11/2019

Noel H.

A-1 was a pleasure to work with. The job was large and complicated, construction and engineering done by A-1 was outstanding. Very professional company, highly recommended !!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters on house and garage

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 02/11/2019

Review for A-1 Home Improvement - 814 Township Road 1101, Ashland, OH - 37707096

02/05/2019

Tyler C.

They are flexible in scheduling and get things done when they need done. I never end up with any surprises and they always call anytime they need anything. I will continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
They do work my rental properties, mostly roofing and gutters.

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

01/24/2019

Tyler C.

There is a reason that I continue to use a1 home improvement and that is the professionalism, the consistent service and the comfort in knowing that when I ask the work to get done it always get done.

Description of Work
I have had extensive roof work and gutter work done by a1 home improvement on multiple properties

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 01/24/2019

01/22/2019

L K.

It was overall good. A few minor things but they were always ready to fix things and we have called them for 3 jobs since major remodel. He and wife were always helping me make best decisions within budget. He goes above and beyond.

Description of Work
Roof siding windows door kitchen and br remodel painting

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

01/11/2019

Peter D.

1 story house, really impressed so far. We haven't had any issues and they were friendly to deal with.

Description of Work
We hired A1 to lay a new roof

Work Completed On 01/11/2019

01/11/2019

Debra R.

They we're professional and very polite. Travis and his crew were wonderful to work with. They answered all and any questions that my husband and I had. We enjoy getting away on the weekends and now we have a beautiful deck to enjoy.

Description of Work
Had a deck built for my camper

Category decks

Work Completed On 05/12/2018

01/10/2019

Lee B.

I can count on A1 to give me a quick response and get the job done correctly and for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Work on a couple of apartment buildings and professional office building - entry doors - flooring - plumbing - gutters - general carpentry & etc...

Category gutter repair, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, doors