Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

Founded 1932 • With Angi since September 1999

4.3

1720 Merriman Rd Ste B

Akron, OH 44224

Roto-Rooter offers commercial and residential plumbing services. And there’s no extra for nights, weekends and holidays. From emergency plumbing to drain cleaning, sewer cleaning to pipe work, Roto-Rooter can help you with any plumbing problem. Roto-Rooter plumbers are licensed and insured and handle everything from water lines to toilet and shower problems. No plumbing job is too big or too small for our experienced and professional plumbers. Schedule an appointment by phone or online, we'll come when it's convenient for you. Additional DBA - SK Mechanical LLC. Additional address - PO Box 3527, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223....

01/14/2019

kathleen G.

They charge rediculous prices. I keep people alive under anesthesia and don't charge as much as they do. The toilet valve failed in days and they came back but wanted to charge me another $360. I walked them out the door. I replaced the valve myself for $20. Completely unreasonable. I will never use again. EVER!

Description of Work
Faucet replacements, new disposal, toilet valve

11/26/2018

Greg A.

On Thanksgiving evening at around 5pm, my daughter reported that the toilet was not flushing. I attempted to plunge the toilet but it did not help. Also, my wife was reporting there was a gurgling noise in the kitchen sink while we were plunging and all the other toilets were not flushing well. We celebrate Thanksgiving the day after and were expecting a house full of friends and family on Friday, and not having working toilets/drains was not an option. So I hopped on Angie's List to frantically search for a plumbing service that might be available on Thanksgiving, not feeling very optimistic about my chances since the first two places I called went straight to voicemail. Then I called Roto-Rooter and was thrilled to hear a real person answer the phone, and even more hopeful when this nice person said that their on-call plumber Adam would be calling me back soon. A little more than an hour later, I received a call from Adam and explained my problem. He said that he was at a job and then had to go to another so he wouldn't be at my place until around midnight. About a half hour later, he called and said that his next appointment had cancelled so he would be able to make it to my house by around 730pm. When he got here he methodically worked through the places the blockage might be located and used a heavy-duty fiber optic camera to locate and break up a blockage where the drains leave the house. Then he moved outside to the access port leading to the septic tank and determined there was also a blockage there that likely caused the secondary blockage inside the house. He then used the root removal snake to clear the line between the house and the septic tank, and used the fiber optic camera to show me the cleared drain. Adam took his time and patiently explained everything he was doing, and made sure everything was working correctly before he wrapped things up after 10pm. He even received another call to go somewhere else after my appointment but never appeared frustrated that he was going to have a very long night. We even tried to feed him because he hadn't eaten all day but he politely declined and thanked us for the offer. I can't say enough good things about Adam and Roto-Rooter because of the quality of work you performed and because you saved our Thanksgiving this year!

Description of Work
Drain cleaning - septic line root removal

Category drain cleaning

06/26/2018

LeAnn R.

He fed his camera through the sewer line to the street and down every downspout on the house. Took about an hour and he was working in the rain without complaint. Another highly rated company gave me an outrageous quote for this inspection and said it would take all day. Roto-Rooter knew exactly what they were doing and got it done. Inspect the drains running to the street before you buy a new house and have Roto-Rooter do it!

Description of Work
Storm and sewer drain inspection

06/07/2018

patricia O.

first 5 companies gave me various pricings and procedures for waterproofing my basement for seepage, all showing me why i had this problem it would cost thousands of dollars to fix and would tear up my yard and/or finished basement. then came roto rooter. THEY CORRECTLY DIAGNOSED MY PROBLEM AS A CRACKED WELL PIPE NOT SEEPAGE. REPAIRED IT IN ONE DAY AT MUCH LESS THAN OTHERS WOULD CHARGE TO NOT FIX REAL PROBLEM. Others were so intent on selling their product, that did not look at any other possibility

Description of Work
had water in my basement., sump pump failure, called 5 companies for estimates

Category plumbing, water damage restoration, wells

06/04/2018

sally S.

It went Ok. They had some trouble getting it cleared out and it took a long time, but they never gave up.

Description of Work
They Snakes my sewer line

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

05/29/2018

JUNE L.

very well - worker very professional

Description of Work
Drain clean out

04/02/2018

Robert M.

Very well. Although a return trip was required, the plumber was extremely conscientious, working late in the day until repaired, and the flat rate covered all costs despite time consuming piping challenges.

Description of Work
Plumbing repair to leaky fawcet

12/06/2017

Kyle B.

I’m pretty sure the gas line isn’t at the minimum depth that it’s required to be at. They put another hole in my house when they didn’t need to. And cut up my sidewalk when they could have went around it.

Description of Work
Gas line repair/ new install

10/28/2017

Meredith P.

Great! Same day service on a Saturday! I called two of our regular plumbers on Thursday, and they couldn’t arrive for at least 4-5 business days. I logged into Roto-Rooter on Saturday morning, made the appointment online. Online I was given a 4 hour window. About an hour later, I received an email with a one hour window and promise of a phone call 30 minutes before the technician would arrive. All done as promised. Dan arrived - professional, polite and competent! Didn’t try to oversell anything, and he was done in 45 minutes. Worth the price.

Description of Work
Toilet tank wasn’t filling properly. Diagnosis was excessive sediment, and an internal replacement was required.

08/28/2017

Kathy jo R.

Was replaced after 3 days paid too much I should have stuck to my guns but this is one he had. But still took 3 days

Description of Work
Replace toilet

08/19/2017

Anne W.

When we called, someone answered and handled the call professionally. They arranged to come out almost immediately. Plumber arrived on time, was very professional, provided an estimate for the job. Worked to correct the blockage and explain issue. Although plumbing issues are never pleasant (particularly ones involving septic issues), this was one of the best experiences we've ever had with calling a plumber. That being said, the price seemed a bit on the high end, but no complaints with how promptly and professionally the job was completed.

Description of Work
Waste pipe to septic system was clogged

Category plumbing, septic tank

07/26/2017

Gary H.

Excellent results. First tried pressure cleaning (which was reasonable), but that was not sufficient. Camera then showed where damage was, so could see where work was needed. Ground was much harder than expected to dig, but RR held to original estimate and did not charge extra when they needed extra machinery to do digging with. Supervisor was very knowledgable and an excellent communicator. Unexpected bonus- sump pump now runs MUCH MUCH less than before - pipes must have been leaking a LONG time to saturate property with great amount of water, which got continually recycled thru sump.

Description of Work
Some drains from sump pump through yard to drainage ditch had collapsed and needed replacing. Additionally, two drains (sump pump and gutter drains from other side of house) met under concrete slab and were draining into and under the house, and were inaccessible , so one additional drain to drainage ditch had to be installed. Water from sump pump was flooding yard, and constantly recycling water from flooded yard.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

06/13/2017

Matthew B.

Showed up on time, and cleaned up afterwards

Description of Work
Unclog bathroom sink

05/04/2017

Mary Ann V.

They were very good. I don't remember it being super cheap. It wasn't very long, maybe 15 minutes. They left the area very clean. They did everything well. The technician was very good.

Description of Work
I had some sink problems, a plugged drain.

03/02/2017

Kathy A.

I only called them as a last resort because they could come out same day. They claimed the pipe was collapsed at the foundation wall and I'd have to excavate inside and outside to fix it. Quote $3500 and they could be out the next day. How convenient. I got a second opinion and he knew what he was looking at. Realized it was a terminated Y in the clay pipe and we just needed to clear the clog from the other direction. $350 to jet the drain from the other contractor and my pipes were fixed the same day. Roto Rooter still charged me the $235 to scope the drain. Beware of the scam

Description of Work
Scope drain to determine blockage

Category sewer cleaning

02/27/2017

Daniel S.

Brian was very knowledgeable and experienced in installation process.

Description of Work
Installation of a back-up sump pump.

Category plumbing, wells

01/28/2017

Tama E.

Drain was successfully unclogged. The technician was very courteous and professional, and response from the company was excellent. However, they would not quote prices on the phone and said the technician would give me a quote on site. For an uncomplicated clog, that took about 20 minutes to snake out, I am very unhappy about the price charged. With an Angie's list discount, it came to $308. The price range, according to Angie's list, for an uncomplicated drain clearing is between $111 and $295. I feel that the price was much more than what I should have paid. For my next clog, I will make sure I get other estimates.

Description of Work
Had a clogged bathroom sink augered

01/24/2017

darin A.

Was scheduled several days in advance for a plumber to come between 1-3pm. At 2:55, the technician called to say he was running late but would "definitely be there before 4." At 4:10, I hadn't heard from him so I called the office and was told that they were going to send someone else from the next little town over since he was finished with his appointments and it would take about 45 minutes for him to get here. AJ, the plumber, arrived at about 5pm. He was courteous and professional. He completed the tasks I had identified and left. He was here about an hour. The bill to snake the basement floor drain totaled $388.50 (pretty high no matter how you look at it). He also identified a crack in a section of soil stack and estimated it would cost a whopping $900 to replace the 2 ft section of upright pipe exposed in my basement - no digging, no dirt, no nothing - $900?!?!? Hmmm. Upsell or not??? Regardless there was a crack - it just seems like $900 is about $700 too high. Regardless, AJ was friendly and professional and efficient and I had no problem with the encounter OTHER than the delay of several hours.

Description of Work
Floor drain backing up in the basement; called to have it cleared. Looked at Angie's List and saw that the Roto-Rooter in Cuyahoga Falls/Akron had a good reputation and excellent reviews. I'm mildly vexed with Angie's List since I've come to expect more from the businesses reviewed on the List...

01/09/2017

Scott P.

I can't believe that plumbers get away with charging this amount of money for less than an hours work. There's no way that this is fair business practice

Description of Work
Snaked kitchen drain

12/23/2016

Susan S.

The job was done professionally. LAL came, looked at the job, brought in all necessary supplies, including a drop cloth to protect the kitchen floor and cleaned up when he was finished. It was a flat price and expensive but I had not asked the price before hiring them. The price is by the job, not hourly.

Description of Work
Had to snake out the kitchen drain.

11/01/2016

Leonard H.

It went very well, and we've had no problem since. Plumber recommended periodic us of enzyme product to prevent future build-up of grease.

Description of Work
Clear backed up kitchen sink. There was a significant clog of grease and oils about 15 feet into drainage system that was removed.

10/31/2016

Cynthia H.

Very quickly and smoothly. I just thought $360.00 to snake out a basement drain with no complications was very expensive.

Description of Work
Basement drain snaked

10/20/2016

Chien-Chung C.

I think they were okay. The price is a little bit high. I maybe using them again.

Description of Work
I think we had a problem with the main water box.

10/16/2016

Gwendolyn B.

The plumber was to jet out the water from the water and sewer lines. Instead he notified me that the sewer line needed repair and causing a blockage. The quote for the repair was $2,700.00. This did not include dismantling my patio and landscaping. After receiving the outrageous quote, I contacted another company which inspected the sewer lines with their camera confirming my suspicions that the needed repairs were false. The other company informed me that I did not have a problem and that the jetting of the water was not completed. If I had followed the advice of the Roto-Roter plumber my total expenses would had exceeded $7,000.

Description of Work
Jetting the water and sewer lines

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

09/03/2016

HARRY H.

Very well He had the drain unblocked in half hour.

Description of Work
Unblock sink drain

Charles Burrows and Sons Well and Pump

Call Bob 330-717-6824 Call Rob 330-717-7852 Find us on Facebook!

The Plumbing Source

For the fastest service please CALL to schedule an appointment or estimate (216-365-0600). As a Multi-Year Super Service Award Winner, The Plumbing Source is TRUST WORTHY, family owned and operated with over 34 years of industry experience. We are much more than a plumbing company because we offer services ranging from PLUMBING, EXCAVATION, HEATING and COOLING, to total BATHROOM REMODELS! We are large enough to serve your needs, while small enough to care about building a relationship. Greg Faustina, the owner, is a master plumber and is actively involved and past officer of PHCC (Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors of Ohio) to exceed quality standards. All employees are uniformed and randomly drug tested. Technicians are trained every two weeks on the latest to ensure you are getting the best service. What sets us apart from our competitors is our AVAILABILITY to our customers (when you call us, you will talk with a live person 24/7), our commitment to use HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS and LABOR, and most importantly….our commitment to our customers! Water damage can ruin a home. Trust our LICENSED, BONDED, INSURED professionals in your home for long lasting results. It is our goal to build a relationship with our customers that will last a lifetime. We would love the opportunity to partner with you and all of your home improvement needs.

Offers by The Plumbing Source on Angi
    WyattWorks Plumbing

Emergency services offered. 40 years in business. Prices are quoted upfront. Family owned. State Certified Plumbing Contractor. Additional DBA's: Andy Wyatt Plumbing, The New Plumbing Co., Inc., Wyatt Plumbing & Heating, Inc., Wyatt Works Plumbing Solutions & Wyatt Works. Consider it done.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Residential and commercial repair, replacement and installation of plumbing, drain cleaning, sewers, faucets, sinks, showers, tubs, waterlines, pipe work, disposers, dishwashers, water heaters, excavating & septic tank.

ask for details