KDCO Home Improvement

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2011

4844 S. Main St.

Akron, OH 44319

KDCO is a Total Exterior Remodeler,that handles repairs to full blown renovations! KDCO is owned and operated by a woman! 2011 Marks our 20th Anniversary! Sabrina Johnson prides the success of KDCO not only by being personable, but also by her in depth knowledge and being able to actually apply the products she offers, as well! Sabrina is very active in her Company and will be the Representative that comes to to your home for the initial evaluation and estimate. KDCO offers a "Woman's Touch in Remodeling." ...

06/25/2015

David S.

The guys that did the work showed up on time and were very professionally dressed and by the way they went about their business. They were also very polite and left no trace of them having been there save for the repairs that were done. I will highly recommend them when given the opportunity

Description of Work
They repaired numerous areas on our roof that were leaking due to a poor installation by a previous contractor. Installed down spouts that were previously installed insufficiently. The owner also referred a company that we will use to repair interior damage to our one ceiling.

05/25/2015

Harlene H.

In 1999 I had Kdco install a new 30 yr. roof on my home. In 2009 I noticed a huge water stain on the ceiling of my bedroom. The roof must have been leaking for quite a while since there is a lot of insulation in the attic. I called them and Sabrina came out the same day and said "a nail had popped" and she had pounded it in and sealed the area. Everything was fine until about a year later and I heard water running. I finally found the leak. Water was pouring through the molding around the door to the bedroom. I called Sabrina and she came out and she found another popped nail and fixed it. Then there was another leak. I called Sabrina and she said it is because there is not enough ventilation in my attic, even though there is a ridge vent, ventilation holes in the sofits and vents at each peak. i gave up and had another roof installed by another company. I had the roof by Kdco inspected and I was told the installer of the Kdco roof installed the roof incorrectly. He didn't put the shingles covering the nails of the singles in the row below so the nails were exposed to the weather and rusted. Then water came in there. Also the ridge vent was installed backwards and the opening was toward the prevailing winds.

Description of Work
Installed a roof

Category gutter repair,roofing

I want to Thank (removed member name) first of all, for acknowleding that Sabrina Johnson of KDCO Home Improvement, Inc. was very proactive in trying to aid her in finding out why her roof was leaking 10 years later, in a very prompt manner, even thought the roof was out of any KDCO warranty. The only situation at that time was that she had a nail that had popped up through the shingle, so I re nailed and sealed this area. It was such a minor repair I did not even charge her a trip fee. in 2010, (removed member name) once again called that she had another leak in another location. Upon my evaluation, she had a couple more nail pops all in the same area /shingle. I did the same repair as before and did not charge her a trip fee... However, as (removed member name) states, I suggested that her ventilation was the issue as to why the nails were popping. She had what was called ventilation "Short Circuiting" occurring and possibly not enough soffit ventilation to get the correct amount needed for proper air flow. Nothing more was said by (removed member name). Moving forward now 4 more years.... I am receiving this complaint. My biggest concern is that I feel (removed member name) has been taken by another contractor who led her to believe that she needed a whole new roof. The allegations that KDCO "installed the ridge vent backwards and the opening was toward the prevailing wind" is absolutely impossible for the product that was installed. The product was "RidgeMaster RidgeVent" with a true baffle system. The system is installed over the roof apex with the ridge cut back for exhaust. There is no directional installation...and on her roof that was a gabled roof style the system faces front and back...using the Bernoulli Effect....KDCO would gladly allow Angie's List the phone # to any manufacturer of this type of system to check my validity of what I am saying. The most likely reason for her nail pop issues was from ventilation short circuiting and improper air flow from soffits up through this roof line. Sabrina would gladly take the time to go out and evaluate her soffit to make sure she has proper air intake openings for her roof ridge system to be working properly...because there is a very good chance that this same scenario could happen again in the next 10 years unless she corrects her ventilation. Therefore, KDCO is requesting that this lead be withdrawn until a formal walk through of her ventilation system can be validated (unless of course she has had it reworked to correct it during her newest roof application. This all being said....KDCO still wonders why a whole roof was installed instead of just a new ridgevent if this new contractor felt it was because the ridgevent was installed "BACKWARD" which he felt was not letting the roof breath properly. This would have saved her a substantial amount of money. Therefore, KDCO questions his integrity/honesty to (removed member name). ( For the record: Back in 1999, Sabrina was not the President of KDCO, nor the sales representative for Mary Hicks Job. ( Sabrina was dealing with a high risk pregnancy.) Sabrina took over the entire Company including President and all sales calls in 2001.) If you have any further questions and would like to visit this homeowner's home with a Representative of a True Baffle Ridgevent Manufacturer to reiterate what I am explaining....I would like to be present.

04/19/2015

Edward T E.

Very professional, showed up on time and date promised, very high quality work, workers were very nice and kept us informed of their progress, did a great job on the cleanup. We are using KDCO again to install new gutters.

Description of Work
Installed new roof

03/13/2015

Rebecca S.

Excellent work. Professional crew. Always on time. Clean up was great. K D Co. and I have already spoken of future work regarding window replacement and roof replacement.

Description of Work
Removed old siding, added new base, resided whole house. Removed old gutters, downspouts, and soffit and replace side entry door.

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows,doors

07/10/2014

Ken C.

KDCO was professional, punctual, complete, and accurate. KDCO was not the cheapest contractor but after a series of visits from other contractors (giving me estimates), their professionalism in answering all my questions, and their ability of bringing specific items of concern to my attention while on the job, I can certainly say I selected the absolute best contractor.

Description of Work
Complete roof tear-off, wood-repair, and install lifetime shingles on my large ranch

02/21/2014

Scott H.

They did some work for us and they did it right. We had trouble getting a hold of them since then. They won't return our calla, so we don't know what that's all about. They last came out a year ago. The quality of the work was good. They were going to give us a quote for siding and we called and they never called back so my husband said we should forget it.

Description of Work
KDCO Home Improvement came out to put up new gutters at my home.

Category gutter repair

01/28/2013

Gary B.

They were very good that is why we picked them, and in my opinion, they were very detail-oriented. They worked really well. If we saw something we want changed, they changed it. They did things beyond. They kind of did extras too in a couple of instances. We were really pleased, and their price was comparable with all the other estimates we had.

Description of Work
KDCO Home Improvement replaced our sidings and gutters for us.

Category gutter repair,siding

12/26/2012

Eric G.

My house and shed were in need of a new roof after the Fourth of July hail storm. KDCO was the second estimate that I received. I decided to go with KDCO and the president of the company, Sabrina. I simply felt more comfortable with Sabrina knowing that she only uses good quality material and tells you exactly what she is using. She called me a week in advance of when the work was being done. She said the work would take two days to perform barring any major replacements. The workers showed up after I had left for work and started the tear off of the existing roof. As they tore off the old shingles they found the sheathing had been rotted out pretty bad in the back of the house. This is what I had expected because I had some water damage from the damaged gutters. Sabrina emailed me pictures of the wood so I could see how bad it was and told me how many sheets were needed to be replaced. I definitely appreciated the open communication. The new shingles and gutters were then installed and completed on the second day. All the trash and scrap material was cleaned up and placed in the dumpster for take away. The finished roof looked even better than I had ever expected. I will definitely use KDCO again and will recommend them to anyone else in need of exterior work. A+++

Description of Work
KDCO Home Improvement did a complete tear off of the existing roof and replaced new for the house and the shed. The gutters and downspouts were also replaced. This was all done within two days of work.

10/05/2012

Patrick M.

It was painless. They examined the problems, came up with a solution, and exicuted the solution all in a morning.

Description of Work
They repaired leaks. They replaced shingles and rubber shrouds around pipes on the roof.

Category remodeling,roofing

07/02/2012

sue B.

They were very good. They were very responsive and answered my questions when I called. They took care of everything. They made a mistake with the windows but corrected it. Their pricing was very fair. The concerned person was very impressive and knowledgeable. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used KDCO Home Improvement for windows and aluminum trim stuff.

Category siding,replacement windows

Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet

Gutter Helmet Gutter Protection | Proudly Serving Local Homeowners Since 1981 Never Clean Your Gutters Again! Gutter Helmet is the one-time investment with a lifetime of benefits. Our system installs over your existing full-sized rain gutters, and we offer the only true four-season/365 day-a-year total rainwater management protection system. Trusted by over a million customers nationwide, we guarantee your gutters will remain free flowing and clog free from all debris with our triple lifetime, transferable performance warranty. Call to learn more about the Gutter Helmet difference and schedule your free demonstration and estimate today. (877) 779-8048. Senior & military discounts available.

Offers by Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet on Angi
    Window City Pros LLC

With over 30 years of industry experience, Chad Howman founded Window City Pros to provide customers with access to cost-effective windows from masters within the market. What started as a handful of employees has flourished into a thriving organization serving Northeast Ohio.

All American Gutter Protection

The best decision you'll ever make! All American Gutter Protection is an innovative gutter protection company that is established and manufactured in the USA, who prides themselves on the highest quality product, installation, customer service and satisfaction. Specializing in seamless aluminum gutters and a stainless steel micro filter gutter guard, All American Gutter Protection is the number one choice when it comes to all gutter needs. All American Gutter Protection uses only authorized, trained technicians and a lifetime performance warranty.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Roofing, Siding, Soffit/Facia, Custom Exterior Trim Work, Windows/Doors, Garage Doors, Skylights, Insulation, Gutter/Downspouting and Repairs of All Sizes to Exteriors.

Most Interior Work. I feel that those projects are better left to those who actually specialize in it. I Pride myself and KDCO in being Kustom Design for Exterior Remodeling!