Geek Squad - Best Buy

Founded 1994 • With Angi since December 2002

4.1

96 Rothrock Rd

Akron, OH 44321

Local Expert Geek Squad Agents are here to install, set up, and repair your Appliance or TV. We repair most major Appliance and TV brands regardless of where they were purchased. Work is guaranteed for 90 days. We also offer a variety of computer & repair services. Check us out online, by phone, or

09/23/2015

Margaret H.

Category tv repair, computer repair

12/18/2014

Laura B.

11/04/2013

ZACH L.

They are terrible. The whole thing is a scam. There are plentiful small shops that repair computers everywhere run by actual people that know about computers. Check Angie's List or a reliable review site and find a real computer repair place. The scam is to get you to agree to pay them $35 to have them send the computer to their repair facility, where you will wait a long time, until finally they come back with an unbelievably inflated repair cost - which may no fix the problem you are having. Either way, they make $35 and you get to wait, and wait, and wait - both for the repair and then when you go try to pick up the "repaired" product. They were unable to determine the source of two of the computers problems and they wanted well over $200 to replace the faulty CD drive, which I just realized is an easy plug in and available today on Ebay for $23.99.

Description of Work
I brought my laptop to them because I bought it there as a "Best Buy special edition". The computer was running very slowly and erratically, the HDMI port was working only rarely, and the CD drive had stopped functioning.

08/31/2012

Patti W.

Unfortunately, not good.

Description of Work
I have taken my computer to the Geeks before and was extremely pleased with service and price.A couple of weeks ago my computer began "not responding" when I went to websites. I took my computer to the store and the very nice man looked at it at the counter, but could not find anything to explain my problem. He suggested that it may be my router. The router was 6 years old, so I knew it was probably due. I bought one of the best they had. There was no charge for the computer review.The computer worked great for a couple of days but then began doing the same thing. (the other 2 computers in my household do not have this issue.)Wednesday, I was fed up so I took the computer to Best Buy. I did not realize it was the first day of school so they were busy. I waited in line for a few minutes. I was then able to speak with a woman at the counter. My first clue this was not going well was she did not know what Firefox was--another web browser NOT Internet Explorer. Then, she wanted to suggest that I had a bad router--just bought one 3 weeks ago! Then, my computer started "not responding" while we were online and she did not understand. I had to point out the bar at the bottom of the screen "not responding" and explain this is the issue that I am having. She finally found a technician, who happened to be the same nice guy from before. He looked at it for a few minutes, apologetically said he would need to keep it. I was FINE with that--it was what I wanted. He went away and said a counter person would need to check me in. I waited. Others in line were attended to. The first woman I spoke with went to another register and was working with someone else. I waited some more.I finally left. There must be others who can work with me and I don't feel like I have to argue with the counter person to tell them there is something wrong with my computer.

05/18/2012

Delores Kay M.

I like them the best. My computer was not getting turned on. I took it to them and they fixed it for no charge at all. I like them.

Description of Work
I use Best Buy for computer repair. The last time I went there, they fixed my computer, which I had purchased from them. I also bought a dishwasher and other things from them.

Category computer repair, appliance sales

03/08/2012

Delbert C.

Store staff was excellent as were the Geek Squad overall. Very helpful and informative.

Description of Work
Bought an Apple computer, Airwave and file transfer services. The Apple was expensive but is very nice.

05/03/2011

richard A.

It seems to be working okay now. They usually get the job done, but they are slow and over priced. If I had an alternative I probably wouldn't use them.

Description of Work
Best Buy fixed our computer that was not working correctly.

04/01/2009

Kathy L.

The Geek Squad at Best Buy were wonderful. The technician was very nice to me. Whenever I have computer problems, I plan on taking it to the Geek Squad. I will continue to use their services in the future.

Description of Work
I took my computer to the Geek Squad at Best Buy to have them repair it after another repair company messed it up.

09/26/2006

AARON G.

On two separate incidents over a one year span I've attempted to purchase software from this store that was advertised in their Sunday paper inserts. They didn't have the software in stock the first time and this most recent time they would not honor the ad price. I wanted to purchase the Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite. Total frustration in dealing with a teenage boy that had no clue about the product. The picture in the ad was slightly different then the actual packaging so he insisted it wasn't the same product and he would not over ride the outdated database info to honor the sale price. Zone Alarm only offers one Internet security suite. Anyone can verify that on their website and this kid manager wouldn't even do that.

01/10/2006

WILLIAM D.

THE REPAIRS WERE NOT DONE. I HAD MORE ERRORS THAN BEFORE. I RETURNED IT TO THE STORE 6 TIMES & THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME MORE MONEY TO BACK UP THE COMPUTER AGAIN, EVEN THOUGH THEY DID NOT REPAIR IT CORRECTLY THE FIRST TIME. THEY WERE EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL & UNHELPFUL.

Description of Work
Computer repair, back up hard drive, install new hard drive, & correct errors.

As You Wish Appliance Repair

As You Wish Appliance Repair is your go-to appliance repair service in Akron, OH. We are fully licensed and insured so you can trust us to help you with your home appliance repairs. Our team is dedicated to offering quality services at competitive pricing. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We are efficient, fast and reliable. For peace of mind, we also offer a warranty with our services. Our range of appliance repair services includes home appliance repair and maintenance, home appliance diagnostic, refrigerator repair, dishwasher repair, home appliance parts, washing machine repair, washer repair, dryer repair and oven repair. We also offer discounts so talk to us about any repair services you may have. Regardless of the workload, we are here to restore your home appliances to good working condition. As You Wish Appliance Repair is your appliance repair service provider in Akron, OH. When you are in need of appliance repair or parts, talk to us. We are here to extend the life of all your home appliances. Schedule an appointment today.

TechVrse, LLC

TechVrse is a full-service IT consulting and Digital Marketing firm providing services to businesses and homeowners in the Northeast Ohio area. TechVrse provides top-of-the-line Web design and hosting, Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click advertising, and best in class IT support services like home automation, custom-built computers, and more for businesses and homeowners. TechVrse is your one-stop-shop for this digital and connected world. We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We are experts in our trade and will do our best to keep you as educated as we can on your particular task or project. We look forward to earning your business! Book with us online or feel free to give us a call today!

2022 Super Service Award

J and B Appliance

Since 1978 J & B Appliance has been providing in-home service on major appliances to the greater Western Reserve area. We currently have Have 8 Full-time employees, That includes 6 technicians and two Office staff. All service is COD. And we always flat rate quote the job before anything is done. We accept all major credit cards, and cash. We also replacement parts.

2022 Super Service Award

TV Repair
    TV Sales
    Computer Sales
    Camera Repair
    Auto Radio Service
    Visa, American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Financing Available
    90 days

Appliance and TV repair, major brands, whether purchased at Best Buy or anywhere else. Delivery and Installation services available for your appliance and HT purchased at Best Buy. Appliances: Refrigerators, Washer/Dryers, Ranges (gas or electric), Dishwashers, Microwaves. TVs: LEDs, LCDs, Plasma, Flat-Panel, Smart TVs, including older TV models. Computer & Repair Services, most brands, whether purchased at Best Buy or anywhere else.