Buck Moran Tree & Landscape

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2004

Costello Landscaping

At Costello Landscaping we understand that your landscaping does more than add beauty and value to your home or property -- it is a reflection of your style or image, as well as a functional part of your everyday life.

Offers by Costello Landscaping on Angi
H&P Landscape and Lawn Maintenance LLC

JRs Affordable Landscaping

Led by our owner, who has more than 25 years of experience, our team strives to provide reliable and affordable landscaping, cleanout, snow removal, and lawn care services. From lawn mowing and installation to yard cleanup and other odd jobs, you can trust our team to do the work for you. Look around our website to see the different services we offer in and around Cleveland, Ohio!

10/21/2014

Disappointed, they never did the work-big waste of time.

Description of Work
Came out to give estimate to prune 2 large maple trees. That was almost 1 month ago. Gave me estimate for $425- told me only accepts cash or check. No show. Waste of time.

10/01/2014

He spent 45 mins with me, assessing the work I needed down. He appeared very thorough and knowledgable, providing a quote that was approx $700 higher than the provider I eventually went with. (We got five estimates -- Moran's was right in the middle.)

Description of Work
I contacted Buck Moran and set up an appointment for a consultation. He did not show to that appointment. Since he came with good recommendations, I called again and set another appointment. He did not show. Several weeks later, on a weekend (maybe even a Sunday) he showed up randomly to my house, hat in hand.

06/20/2014

Buck was on site the majority of the time his crew was working, which I appreciated. He cheerfully answered all my questions and followed my directions of what I wanted. They worked quickly and finished in the expected time frame. I've used Buck Moran before, and will do so again.

Description of Work
Buck and his crew pruned several trees on my property, took the ivy off several tree trunks, removed a small and a large tree, ground the stump, and replaced it with top soil. They removed all debris. While they were here, a neighbor asked me if they could remove some branches hanging over their roof which I hadn't noticed; Buck gave me a very reasonable estimate and did the work while they were here.

10/30/2013

prompt response to phone calls. Very courteous and very easy to talk to Buck. Quick scheduling. Very reasonable quote. Good job on stump removal -- but, when digging for new plantings, I found sections of ~1 in roots that I had to cut with a shovel and pull out. I wish the grinding would have been deeper. Small chunks of root pieces were not a problem and were very few.

Description of Work
ground 4 stumps and left the grindings

06/04/2013

Buck had given us a quote in June 2012 for dead branch removal or complete tree removal. After a huge branch fell on 5/22/2013; I called him again, he remembered the tree and came out 3 hours later. He honored the year old quote and scheduled the tree removal immediately. On Friday the 24th, a large crane and several trucks showed up at 10AM. The Buck Moran crew worked non-stop until 7:00 PM, however, with a tree that size they were not able to complete. Before leaving, they performed a thorough cleaning. After the long Holiday weekend, the crew returned and completed the tree removal, cleaned thoroughly again. The “stump grinder guy” did his thing the next day. Buck will talk with you to explain exactly what they will do, how it is done, and what was done. He is a very friendly guy with a great professional staff. Please have him give you a quote and you will learn a great deal about trees.

Description of Work
Removed a 60+ year old oak tree. Major branch fell off in the driveway, would have crushed my car if I had parked there as usual.

01/09/2013

The corner of my deck was built around a very large stump that was 12 feet tall and 36-42 inches in diameter. The stump was deteriorating and needed to be removed. Buck Moran's did the job without damaging the deck. They utilized the neighbor's driveway with their permission, but their loader sprung a small hyudraulic fluid leak which went onto the concrete driveway. They did a partial cleanup and said they would come back later with additional cleaning materials. They eventually did , but were late in coming back. Other than that Buck's did a very good job.

Description of Work
Remove large 12 feet tall stump at the corner of my deck.

05/31/2012

Buck Moran's Tree Service cut the stump down in sections so as to not damage the deck or neighbor's driveway. My covered deck was built around the stump. The company was there witihn 30 minutes of the expected time on the day of the job. The owner did need to go back to their office for more hydraulic fluid for their loader, but the tree cutter continued to work. The loader did leak some fluid in the neighbor's concrete driveway. The company did send someone to clean it up with a special cleaner. I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Removed a 14 feet high rotting stump at the corner of my covered deck. My covered deck was actually built around the stump so extra care was needed.

10/21/2011

He was very personable and quick to respond. He cleaned up well.

Description of Work
They trimmed a tree and advised me that it did not need taken down yet.

07/28/2011

From start to finish, they did everything they said they would, with no issues and no changes in pricing.

Description of Work
Buck Moran removed one large tree - complete removal, stump grinding, clean-up. They also completed extensive pruning and corrective work on about ten additional trees, all medium to large size trees. They were especially responsive on the tree removal as the tree was close to the street and in danger of falling into the street. I cannot say enough about the quality and thoroughness of their work.

04/06/2011

He looked at two trees in the front yard that I thought might have to come down. He said that they were still solid enough and they need to be trimmed up. He is quite expensive. Overall, it was very good.

Description of Work
I used the services of Buck Moran Tree & Landscapes for tree service. I used them in March 2011.

Category tree service

Complete tree care services including tree removal, expert pruning, stump grinding, tree planting, fertilization. We do cabling and bracing as tree support systems, as well as special tree cavity plating. Certified Arborist on staff. Landscaping services include: turf grass lawn installations, shrub or tree bed installation, mulch, topsoil, gravel. Gravel walks and driveways. Firewood.

lawn mowing and treatment, snow removal

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa