Boyd Construction & Hardwood Flooring

Founded 1990 • With Angi since January 2012

Boyd Construction and Hardwood Floors, located in Akron, Ohio was founded by Steve Boyd in 1990 and offers the finest in complete home/business remodeling, design and repair. Steve has over 30 years of experience from learning the trade from his family owned business to making his own name. Steve

2022 Super Service Award

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

home remodeling (92)hardwood floors (43)tile installation (40)flooring (35)electrician (30)drywall (28)woodworking (24)countertop installation (16)cabinet makers (10)general contractors (4)cabinet refacing (3)decks & porches (3)

11/23/2022

Dino L.

Perfect in every regard. Very professional, Polite, clean, excellent workmanship.

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring

Work Completed On 11/23/2022

11/05/2022

Kim and Neil K.

Excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail.

Description of Work
custom fireplace surround and backsplash

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile

Work Completed On 11/05/2022

07/20/2022

Dan M.

It was an excellent experience. The work was of high quality. The workers were respectful, accomodating, and very service oriented. They did everything they said they were going to do. This is the fourth project I have had them work on and we have always been very satisfied.

Description of Work
Tore out the paneling as well as a ceiling and old bar and sink; installed dry wall and trim, a new ceiling, lighting and a light fixture.

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/20/2022

Always a pleasure working with this customer!!!

04/07/2022

Christy D.

We have used Boyd Construction for several separate projects in our new home. I could not recommend anyone more highly. The crew is professional, kind and clean. I never have to worry about anything while they are working and the results always exceed my expectations and I am very picky! I look forward to working with them again someday.

Description of Work
Custom cabinetry, Fireplace Remodel, Work-out room flooring, Luxury Vinyl Flooring

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/07/2022

Review for Boyd Construction & Hardwood Flooring - 1268 Woodsview Dr, Akron, OH - 39688974

03/22/2022

Sherry W.

They haven't responded. This is pretty sad. I reach out to two contractors and they don't follow up.

Description of Work
Floor and baseboards

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 03/22/2022

Homeowner put a request through Angie’s List on Sunday March 20 at 4:09 pm, I responded on March 20th at 5:17 pm requesting more detailed info (note this was after hours). She responded shortly after and she had a quote for her project back in her correspondence via Angie’s List by March 22. Maybe homeowner mixed us up with another contractor but I feel that is a timely response. I am requesting that this homeowner take this post off as we take our Angie’s List reviews very seriously.

03/09/2022

Jamison R.

Very well. The crew was ontime, courteous, professional, and communicated very well throughout the process. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Home remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/09/2022

It was a pleasure working with this customer! Enjoy your new spaces!

02/16/2022

Julie S.

Dale was amazing! He definitely knew his trade. Everything was cleaned up daily and the backsplash came out perfect. I could not be more pleased and would definitely hire again

Description of Work
Tile Backsplash

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 03/31/2022

01/06/2022

Carolyn D.

They were very helpful and they really did an excellent job. I would hire them again. Great communication and very professional. They we're really good! I knew that they could be trusted even if I am not at home.

Description of Work
They refinished existing hardwood floors and installed luxury vinyl flooring (which I purchased) for the laundry room.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 12/31/2021

11/05/2021

Jen G.

We hired Boyd to build a kitchen addition full of windows with a brick exterior, custom coffee bar, replace all of our carpet and laminate with hardwood, paint all of our interior doors, and remodel our master shower and tub surround. They did an excellent job and I’m so pleased with the stunning results. Boyd’s are honest and fair, and their employees and the specialty sub-contractors they use are excellent. We’re thrilled with our new space—it’s everything we hoped and more. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Kitchen Addition, Hardwood Floors, Master Shower

Category appliance repair, custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

Review for Boyd Construction & Hardwood Flooring - 1268 Woodsview Dr, Akron, OH - 39534218

Truly a great pleasure working for these homeowners! Enjoy your new spaces!

02/22/2021

Barb W.

Outstanding! This is the third home project that Boyd Construction has done for us and we couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Completed ahead of schedule and accomplished with amazing quality and attention to detail. We‘re already planning our next project with Boyd.

Description of Work
Complete Master Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Looking forward to working with you again! Great repeat customer!

02/19/2021

Teresa I.

The hardwood floors look beautiful! Ronnie and Mike did a fabulous job! I would definitely recommend and use again!

Description of Work
Install new hardwood and refinish existing hardwood floors

Category appliance repair, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

Review for Boyd Construction & Hardwood Flooring - 1268 Woodsview Dr, Akron, OH - 39202572

02/09/2021

Jeff L.

Amazing! Boyd Construction provided us with creative ideas to make this floor a stunner, the walnut border with the hickory inside combined to make a unique and eye catching design. Boyd started and finished the job on time. Their installers Ron and Mike are very experienced and employed a high level of craftmanship and professionalism. I highly recommend this company, we will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Approximately 800 sq ft of new hardwood + 185 sq. ft of refinishing existing hardwood floor

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

Review for Boyd Construction & Hardwood Flooring - 1268 Woodsview Dr, Akron, OH - 39183108

02/02/2021

Frank T.

Great, all work was done as planned the team did an exellent job. I recommend them highly

Description of Work
Wall paper removal and painting

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

12/02/2020

Theresa A.

The team was very professional. Jen called me the day of to tell me they needed an extra day before coming to work on our floors. When they arrived, the team was friendly, cleaned up after themselves, and always checked in on the status of their work. Our floors were beautiful. They took the time to restore them to glory in our old century home. When it came time to replace our subfloor around the toilet in the main bathroom, Jen was patient and answered all my questions regarding which plank flooring to buy (first time homebuyer over here). I can't recommend them enough.

Description of Work
We hired Boyd to refinish 3 bedroom floors and closets as well as hired them to fix subfloor in main bathroom and install plank flooring.

Category appliance repair, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

Review for Boyd Construction & Hardwood Flooring - 1268 Woodsview Dr, Akron, OH - 39059715

11/30/2020

Shani D.

From the 1st appointment to the finish in October, I was treated by a talented Team of professionals that truly cared about my "vision" and the quality of their work. Consistent daily schedule & crew resulted in excellent transformation of my dated ranch to the "new look." Ready to age gracefully in place, Steve listened to my every need and designed each space to perfection. I would highly recommend and he finished on time and within my budget.

Description of Work
I needed a major renovation on my 1980 Ranch Home. This included knocking down walls, raising the ceiling, replacing the roof, new windows, new flooring, and new decking.

Category appliance repair, decks, flooring contractor, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

Review for Boyd Construction & Hardwood Flooring - 1268 Woodsview Dr, Akron, OH - 39054797

11/25/2020

Sarah N.

Quality work! Great customer service. Very pleased, and would hire again!

Description of Work
Painting - Interior, Cabinet Making, Countertops, Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

11/25/2020

Mark R.

Very well stayed on schedule, workers efficient and experienced We ran into a glitch and they went out of there way to the point of incurring additional expense and immediate resolution. I tried to pay several times and they wouldn’t accept payment until completely finished and satisfied “ old school” Good contractor 👍

Description of Work
HardwoodFlooring Sales/Installation/Refinishing, Carpentry - Woodworking

Category hardwood floor, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

11/19/2020

Rachel M.

Had a very unprofessional interaction with a man driving a “colors by Boyd” van this morning, and if a man you hire is okay with driving recklessly, slamming on their breaks in front of a HUGE van, and then proceeding to harass strangers at intersections followed by speeding through a red light, I’m sure the work you do isn’t that great. Very unprofessional actions to be doing in a company vehicle.

Description of Work
Generalized

Category Uncategorized

Work Completed On 11/19/2020

This employee has been in the industry for over 35 years and has a clean driving record and a calm demeanor. I talked to him about the scenario you’re referring to and he says it was actually the other way around. “There was an aggressive lady in a mini van that was weaving in and out of traffic and appeared to be in a big hurry, seemed upset that I wasn’t going fast enough for her, I was blocked in and couldn’t get out of her way. Once she did get around me, she sent me an indecent hand gesture and flew by”. However thank you for bringing this to our attention, we take great pride in doing background checks and hiring employees with good nature, as they will be in our customers homes.

10/14/2020

Sharon .

Excellent workmanship and service! So happy we went with Boyd. We got three estimates and they came in at the best price. They arrived on time, cleaned up at the end of the day, and communicated well. We needed the fireplace key access to be made larger after they completed the job; one call and they were out a few days later and took care of it. We look forward to Ronnie and his team to complete the final room next spring!

Description of Work
Refinishing existing hardwood and new install for two rooms

Category appliance repair, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

06/08/2020

Marcie S.

Very disappointed with the work of Boyd Construction. They stained our doors the wrong color and then quoted us 3x the original quote to redo the work to make it right. You can see the huge difference in the stain match in the pictures. They also swapped samples with another project to try to cover their mistake, but these samples were obviously not close to anything in our home. We will have to find another company to complete the work, as Boyd does not stand behind their work.

Description of Work
Staining wood doors

Category remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

Review for Boyd Construction & Hardwood Flooring - 1268 Woodsview Dr, Akron, OH - 38625886

Disappointed to see this review as this does not match our service standards or our reputation. The son gave us the sample to go off of to match up the doors to the trim in home, we were not shown any of the portion of home to match to, just given a sample to go off of. Our sample matched spot on to the doors. Upon delivery, the doors did not match the upstairs trim. We were given the wrong sample that could have mistakenly been from another part of the home, as trim, species, color and grain are all different throughout their home. We went above and beyond to take the doors back to our shop along with new sample provided to match. Again, we were spot on on a match and home owner approved the color. Home owner not only admitted fault on providing wrong sample to the painter but to the owner of the company. We originally proposed $1500 for doors and trim. We proposed to sand doors, color match, meet with homeowners for pre-approval, stain and poly for $2700 (not tripled). Homeowner approved proposed, and color match #2, then changed mind the morning of when work was to resume. It is unfortunate we could not come to an agreement as here at Boyd Construction and Colors by Boyd we always go above and beyond to make our customers happy.

Alex M.

The project was fantastic from start to finish. They employees were on time every day and had clear expectations for what they accomplished and when. The work was incredibly well done and they left our home clean every day when they left. We would absolutely hire them again. Marty and Nate were great to have working in our home on a daily basis during the project.

Description of Work
KItchen and flooring remodel

Category appliance repair, countertops, hardwood floor, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

Tom and Denise M.

Boyd construction consistently goes the extra mile. One corner of garage was destroyed. Boyd paints the entire interior of the garage so everything matches. I would not have thought to request this. The quality of their work is top notch. They did a huge remodel for us 2 years ago which resulted in perfection.This is why we always will hire Boyd construction.

Description of Work
Garage had been hit by a drunk driver. Garage door and opener needed replaced along with the access small door. 4 load bearing walls needed to be reinforced. Steve Boyd came the next day to evaluate the damage. He was more responsive then our insurance company.

Category garage doors

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

amanda P.

They showed up on time. Highly skilled and personable. They delivered on what they promised and we LOVE the result.

Description of Work
hardwood floor refinish