Basement Care

Founded 2007 • With Angi since February 2011

1700 E Waterloo Road

Akron, OH 44306

Basement Care has over 40 years of experience in the waterproofing business. We are locally owned and operated, fully insured, licensed, and bonded. Our reputation is among the best in the basement waterproofing industry. Our employees are fully covered under Ohio Worker’s Compensation for your protection. We supply every prospective customer with as many references as needed to ensure the best possible decision about our company and workmanship. FREE Inspections and FREE estimates!...

3.8

3.8

basement waterproofing (28)foundation repair (3)excavating (3)mold removal (2)drain pipe installation (2)concrete repair (2)basement remodeling (1)well & water pump repair (1)home inspection (1)

09/16/2020

horrible. Repair not done correctly, will not honor lifetime contract, took money from a military veteran and senior citizen. Basically not a good company. Stay away from this company.

Description of Work
Repair crack in basement wall and waterproof

Category concrete repair,excavators,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

All we did there was fix a crack in a wall ,all he paid for was to fix a crack in his wall ,the crack is fine ,he is leaking along the floor and needs waterproofing .We did no waterproofing at this house only fixed a crack. This was 6 years ago that we did the work .

01/28/2020

Initially everything was fine. Over the years, there have been issues in different spots of the basement and Basement Care would come out and fix it. The repairs are covered under the yearly warranty renewal of $50. I have been paying the renewal faithfully every year, however in 2019 I forgot to pay it. I noticed a section leaking in the basement and called for service in July 2019 (have cell pho...

Description of Work
Installed French drains and sump pump in the basement

Work Completed On 02/22/2014

Review for Basement Care - 1700 E Waterloo Road, Akron, OH - 38354066

Hi, we have been over this with the BBB and Attorney General of Ohio and all have found that because Ms [Member Name Removed] didn't pay her bill and let her service agreement lapse that is no fault of ours.

09/13/2019

Good. There was a payment issue, but otherwise, Ok

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

04/15/2019

They did an excellent job, they are very clean, quiet workers, took out extreme care on my house and did an excellent job. They also explained everything while they are doing it.

Description of Work
They did a basement waterproofing.

Work Completed On 02/18/2019

03/07/2019

They did a great job with the mold remediation and waterproofing of the inside and outside or our basement at a really good price out of several estimates. I will recommend and use them, again.

Description of Work
Mold and Water Damage Remediation

Work Completed On 07/28/2018

03/07/2019

They did quite well considering the job they had to do down there. All the gentlemen were very nice and polite.

Description of Work
They came in and waterproofed my basement.

Work Completed On 11/07/2018

04/20/2016

When the representative for Basement Care came, he walked in and stated he was an inspector. We asked for an estimate, not a inspection. We said this to him then he said he wasn't an inspector. I tried to tell him where the problem was and he then raised his voice rather loudly and told me he had 15 years of experience and that I didn't know anything. He then went into my personal bedroom, that ha...

Description of Work
Was to give me an estimate.

Category basement waterproofing,mold removal

Work Completed On 04/19/2016

We have searched our records and can find no record of ever being there, we are sorry for your experience but we think you have us confused with someone else.

01/18/2016

If I have problems, they do come right back out and take care of things, as long as I pay my $40.00 a year for that service.

Description of Work
They were really expensive and we had to call them back again a few times .They could have taken more care in the work they did. They filled a few cracks on the foundation and I can see some finger prints. They didn’t take pride in their work and I was not happy with their work. I would not use them or recommend them either.

Category basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/02/2013

Yes this is major construction work and it does get dirty, That's the main reason you only want to do this once and not in stages or one wall at a time. Unlike a lot of companies we do come back on our own money to fix NEW problems that can come up and yes our warranty is $40 a year and that covers all labor and service costs,that's a great deal and it transfers to the next homeowner, big selling ...

02/22/2015

We signed up with basement care after a family member referred them to us. They did a wonderful job just like they did for my Aunts home in Stow. When the employees come out they helped us move things from the outside of the house while the other guys worked in the basement. Work was started and finished on time and the guys cleaned up after. Basement care was very professional and I would definit...

Description of Work
Water proofing system for entire home.

Work Completed On 01/12/2015

Thank you for the review and we strive to make all our customers happy ! Thanks again

12/29/2014

Everything was okay. Then we ripped the floors up to replace the rot and wear of the flooring. I then noticed that the bricks were not lined up striaght and that their was cement spilled all over and that there were gaps in between the bricks. I am trying to get the house ready for rent. Without this being fixed correctly I am not able to get the other work done.

Description of Work
They installed an entire new wall in the front of my house with a new joyce for the floor support.

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/25/2014

Hi, We do not work in Columbus, Ohio so you have us mixed up with the company that really did you work, it wasn't us.

Basement waterproofing, crawlspace waterproofing; crawlspace inspection; crawlspace encapsulation; foundation repair.

Ask for details.