A-Best Pest Control

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2002

891 Gorge Blvd

Akron, OH 44310

A-Best Termite & Pest Control is an award winning service company with the BBB. Our mission is to excede our customers expectations by providing the best service at a reasonable price. We are a locally owned and operated company serving the northeast Ohio areas of Summit, Portage and Medina

10/12/2017

Harold M.

They came out the day I called and treated the nest with powder. Yellow-jackets largely gone by the next day. They did a good job of describing what they did and what to expect.

Description of Work
Huge yellow-jacket nest underground and not near entrance opening. Spray didn't reach nest. Digging during the night didn't locate nest and resulted in stinging. Roofing work scheduled the next day.

Category pest control

Thank you very much for the good review. We strive to make all our customers happy with our service.

09/27/2017

Deb F.

Came the same day I called and performed the service. Yellow jackets were gone immediately.

Description of Work
Eliminate yellow jacket nest

Category pest control

Thank you for the positive review! Customer service is #1 on our list.

09/20/2017

Mark H.

They were awesome. I will use again.

Description of Work
They removed a bee infestation.

06/14/2017

Jeffrey T.

It was quick. The employee knew her job and was professional

Description of Work
Sprayed for Ants.

Category pest control

Thank you for the review, Sandra is a gem and we love her to!. Let us know if you need us for any of your pest needs in the future.

05/02/2017

Jeff C.

Sandra from A-Best Pest Control came out today to spray my home for ants. I explained the issues, she looked at the places that were problematic. Sandra was very knowledgeable and competent. She did a great job and was very friendly. I would for sure use this company again in the future for any pest control needs.

Description of Work
Ant control home treatment

Category pest control

Thank you! Sandra is a gem and we love her too!

09/26/2016

Laurie L.

Grrrreat! Quick, effective, and reliable.

Description of Work
Carpenter Ant extermination

09/21/2016

Connie N.

came earlier than expected, which was great, did his job expediently . he was pleasant So far so good. Used coupon on list

Description of Work
exterminated hornets nest in siding of home

09/08/2016

Alan K.

I called yesterday. Jeff came out today during the promised time. He was friendly, professional , and thorough in spite of the rain that interrupted his job half way through. Great company and technician!

Description of Work
Bees in the attic

08/30/2016

Theresa M.

The technician was punctual, willing to answer questions, and provide counsel about what not-to-do if the full hive is not visible (i.e., don't spray with Raid, or the like, as that approach drives the bees deeper into the home, wall, ceiling, etc.). The procedure involved him (garbed in protective head net & gloves) shooting a dust (some kind of slow-acting compound that sticks to bees until they pass it off to all the other bees so all are infected and die within 24 to 72 hours) from a tank with an extension wand that could reach the spot (approx 10 ft off ground, just under the gutter). That step was followed by a liquid spray over a 3-4 foot radius of the hive entrance--not remembering that purpose (something sweet to bees, but also death to them, I think). The guy was kind and even spray-treated a couple spots that I was unaware of when I placed the call, without taking advantage of the situation to inflate the charges. Anyhow, job done!! Bee activity was significantly reduced in 24 hrs and completely ceased in the promised 72 hours. We can continue gardening without being threatened with bee attack. Hurray!! If you've got a bee hive problem, do call A-Best if you want the job done, and use a coupon for best possible price

Description of Work
A-Best Pest Control's technician eliminated a very active yellow jacket nest that was being accessed by the bees through a hole in some mortar on our garage. He also treated a few areas along the roof line where it appeared that bees were beginning new hive sites.

07/23/2016

KIM S.

Good. They offer a 3-time a year pest control program, which covers most of the insects/pests that can cause a problem. They were responsive, punctual, courteous and professional. We have had NO issue with insects or pests. The initial treatment involves the interior and exterior of the home. The last two treatments are to the home exterior.

Description of Work
Preventative Pest Control

08/05/2015

Judie P.

Was about a half hour late for appointment explained previous job took a bit longer than anticipated He explanied what he was going to do He covered every room in the house, including the basement He then proceeded to take care of the outside spraying around the windows, the foundations, patio doors, garage doors and the foundation. He heavily treated the suspected point of entry. The solution he used was odorless and child and animal safe. Entire job took about an hour and half.

Description of Work
Sprayed inside and outside of the house for carpenter ants.Saoked suspected area of nest.. Next day and since there has not been an ant to be seen within 20 feet of the house.

Category pest control

Thank you for your confidence in A-Best. We know we had a follow-up today with some swarmers you had after our treatment. This sometimes happens as the nest is dying, and know this treatment will solve the problem. Also note that you do have a six month warranty in case any other problems arise. Thank you so much for your positive review. From the A-Best Team

06/03/2015

William and Joan H.

Tony arrived at the appointed time and explained the procedure. I went around with him to learn what I could about the problem and his cure. The explanations were very clear and informative. He sprayed the basement walls outside and a short width of the ground away from the walls. He also covered the areas where the elevated deck joined the house and the underside of the deck and support posts several inches up them and the surface around their base. He also covered the inside of the basement and recreation room on the uncovered walls and at the floor and wall interface. He then treated the main floor and explained that we may see a few ants after the treatment for a while. He told us not to remove them or kill them because they would track the treatment chemicals back to the nest and help in completing his work quicker. He said we may see a few ants for a few days and then none for a while. To today 6-3-2015 we have seen all of 4 ants on the next day and none since. It is now several days past the time he said that we may see a few because of a new hatch, but it seems that the new hatch did not survive to appear in the house. We appreciate Tony's work and education and will use his company when needed. We will also reccomend them to others.

Description of Work
Tony performed an ant treatment to the inside and outside of our house.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for your positive review. Tony is a real asset to our team and we're glad to hear your comments. Please let us know if you need us in the future. The A-Best Team

05/22/2015

Jill A.

They did good. He visits our house every 3 month.

Description of Work
We used A-Best Pest Control for pest control.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for the positive review. We appreciate that you use us for quarterly service. Thank you for your business! The A-Best Team

01/14/2015

Harry D.

I still have some spiders but I think they did pretty well from what the renter told me. They do a pretty good job.

Description of Work
I've used them because I had a spider problem.

Category pest control

Thank you for your review for the work we did in January. Give us a call if you are still having a problem. The A-Best Team

10/06/2014

Keith R.

They came out just one time. It went very well. They were very nice, professional and knowledgeable. He took time to explain the issue with the ants and how to get rid of them. We also had an issue with bees nest outside the air conditioner unit which he took cared of it with no charge. He even gave us some helpful pointers on how to seal the house so we'll not have future issues.

Description of Work
I've used A-Best Pest Control. We had a bad problem with carpenter ants.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for your review. Let us know if we can help out in the future. The A-Best Team

09/21/2014

linda M.

I made a prompt appointment with a courteous secretary, and the technician arrived in a marked vehicle wearing a nametag. He was knowledgeable and explained everything he was going to do. He spent about 30 minutes here. He offered a preventive service which I declined and appreciated that he did not press the matter, but recommended that I might consider it for next year. After nearly 30 days, still no sign of hornets. I would definitely recommend A-Best for their quality work, professionalism, and price.

Description of Work
Eliminated 2 hornet nests

Category pest control

We are so glad we could help you with your pest problem. Thank you for the good review and please let us know if you need us again in the future. From the A-Best Team.

08/27/2014

William G.

Very good telephone contact and scheduling of visit. Came promptly, listened well to our concerns, operated in a professional thorough manner. Answered questions very well. Provided realistic diagnosis. It worked effectively as he said it would. We had never used this type of service before- no comparison.

Description of Work
Ant control in house, injected solution into 2 hollow-core closet doors where they were; sprayed around closet floor and baseboards through house- also around house foundation outside.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for the good review. Let us know if you need us again in the future. From the A-Best Team

07/31/2014

Brenda K.

On the recommendation of a friend, I called 'A Best Exterminators' this morning and they put me on the schedule for between 12:00-2:00 today. They arrived at 11:45 and were done by 11:57. How's that for service! Hopefully, the yellow jackets will be gone just at fast...24-48 hours! The guaranteed service is good until December if I need to call them back. Tony did a great job!

Description of Work
Sprayed a nest of yellow jackets living under a holly bush.

Category pest control

Thank you so much for the positive review! Let us know if we can help you again. From the A-Best Team

07/09/2014

Carrie C.

I called several pest control companies from Angies list in my area to get pricing and availability. A-Best was the most knowledgeable and had competitive pricing. I thought they would want to come out the following week for an appointment but they had guy already on an appointment in my area. They asked if coming within an hour would work. I was shocked when the guy showed up in an hour. He was super friendly, knowledgeable,, clean and treated the inside and outside. It started to rain pretty hard and he said they would come back in a couple of weeks to retreat the deck area as it had too much water. I was highly impressed with this company and will be using them again for sure.

Description of Work
General pest control and mice traps.

Category pest control

Thank you very much for your review. Let us know if we can be of help to you in the future. The A-Best Team

05/12/2014

Karen J D.

Took about 20 minutes. Results of spraying pending; warranty for 6 months included.

Description of Work
Power sprayed entire perimeter of house for bees and wasps; sprayed around foundation for ants.

Category pest control

Thank you. Let us know if you have a problem and we will respond promptly within your warranty. From the A-Best Team

12/01/2013

Donald H.

In 2009, I contacted A-Best regarding a yellow jacket problem inside my house. At that time they came, found the location where the yellow jackets were entering, and treated the area. Within a day, there were no more yellow jackets in the house. Since that time, A-Best has performed a yearly powerspray at my residence to prevent bees and wasps from nesting on the house. I have never had another problem with the pests on or in my house. The people at A-Best are always friendly, on time, and professional. I have been extremely pleased with their service.

Description of Work
Power spray for bee and wasp prevention

Thank you very much.

10/29/2013

Karen S.

I called the provider to explain we had wasps in the house. They advised they could not do anything until we told them from where the wasps were getting into the house. They also stated there was very little activity this time of year. The person I spoke to was absolutely no help. This sort of left me up a crick without a paddle. I called another provider who will be here in two days and advised they will search for the entry locations and treat the area.

Description of Work
The provider answered the phone when I called but performed no services.

Category pest control

We are sorry that we couldn't help you. We assess the situation over the phone and there are times when we can not solve your problem. Rather than charge a service call to come to your house and tell you we cannot help you we would rather not get in a situation where we are taking your money and not solving the problem.

09/25/2013

Karen J D.

We were to wait 48 to 72 hours and then watch to see if any movement. We waited close to the 72 hours and watched for any movement. My husband got up on the ladder and we wrapped a large trash bag around the nest as we listened and observed to see if any were left alive. We snipped the branch with the nest, and it fell into the bag. Wrapped it quickly and put it out with the trash for pick-up. We have used this company for years!! We've had just about every pest possible except bats. They really are the Best for us!

Description of Work
Sprayed a huge wasp nest in a tree overhanging the driveway and instructed us on when and how to dispose of it. My husband is allergic to stings so we really needed this service!

Category pest control

Thank you for the wonderful review. Our #1 goal is to provide good customer service. Please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future. Thanks again!! The A-Best Team

09/23/2013

Luis M.

Within a few days there was no evidence of bees anywhere around the house or ever since. However approximately 3 weeks ago on a different area of the house roof there was a wasp nest. We called A Best Pest Control,they came the next day sprayed the affected area and took care of the problem, at no extra cost.

Description of Work
Sprayed chemicals on area where bees had their nest and then sprayed all around the house.

Category pest control

Thank you. Let us know if we can help you again.

09/09/2013

Rhonda B.

Good. Told them the problems we were having with bugs, he inspected the lot, gave his assessment and treated. Said if we had any live activity after 30 days they would come back out and re-treat. Very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Treated entire perimeter, corners, cracks, walkways, etc. . .for ants, spiders, centipedes, millepedes, carpenter ants.

Category pest control

(Member name removed), Thank you for the positive review. We try very hard to make our customers happy. Let us know if you have any other problems!