Locksmith on Wheels

Founded 1978 • With Angi since October 2005

2021 Crompond Rd

Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

2 employees. No subs. Charges determined by the job. No travel or trip charge. Strives for good work to be done & mostly goes by word of mouth....

04/02/2018

Linda O.

quick , efficient, knowledgeable and friendly

Description of Work
replace a lock with a deadbolt lock

01/11/2016

William F B.

Responded quickly to the call, same day service, quickly remedied the issues.

Description of Work
Repaired two locks: malfunctioning cylinder lock and in-handle lock.

08/06/2015

Michael F.

07/08/2015

Anita L.

Eugene has been to my home several times to fix or repair various locks. He ALWAYS shows up on time, is thoroughly professional and gets the job(s) done. AND, you don't have to wait umpteen days to get an appointment. I wish his service-provider work ethic would rub off on other contractors! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Tackled my wall safe issue - even though the combination was correct, thought I was losing my mind b/c it would not open. Eugene also fixed my French door locking mechanism and door handles.

05/20/2015

Tammi Jacobs S.

Went pretty well. Door jingles a little bit, but works fine.

Description of Work
Installed a new lock on a door.

03/19/2015

Fahd S.

I initially called for just the broken deadbolt. He was so pleasant and professional, I had him do the additional doors that I wasn't planning on as yet. All the work was great, the keys turn in the locks like a hot knife through butter!

Description of Work
Unlocked a broken deadbolt, replaced the mechanics, replace two other exterior door knobs and added two deadbolts.

09/10/2014

DOV M.

Description of Work
They supplied and installed a passage knob lock set. |Everything went smoothly.. Nice/knowledgeable/ would highly recommend

04/17/2014

Susan S.

Prompt, pleasant and professional. I would use Locksmith on Wheels again and have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken door knob and re-keyed another door knob.

02/23/2014

Kathleen B.

He was very pleasant and professional.

Description of Work
The lock in my front door broke due to the cold, locking me out. He was there within 30 minutes of my call and replaced the lock in no time at all.

11/25/2013

Barbara S.

Very helpful Easy simple instructions

Description of Work
My bathroom door was locked. He took the time & gave me instructions over the phone & it worked. Keeping his phone number for future reference

11/17/2013

Geralyn Q.

I recommended Locksmith on Wheels to my place of business. He was very professional and thorough. I would highly recommend this business.

04/05/2013

Edie S.

Responded rapidly to my call, and replaced locks quickly.

Description of Work
Replaced all locks in the house, quickly, and efficiently. Outstanding response time.

01/29/2013

Leslie P.

He arrived right on time and quickly changed the locks on two doors. Friendly and professional, would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Change locks on 2 doors, provide spare key

03/02/2012

Kathleen R.

We have been using Locksmith on Wheels for many years and highly recommend them. The guys who own the business are brothers. We have mostly dealt with Eugene. He is a nice and honest man. This company has always been highly professional in every aspect...punctual, knowledgable, honest, reasonably priced. They're just good people.

Description of Work
A keypad lock was installed on a closet; a specialized key was made for an armoire.

12/31/2011

Judith V.

Arrived on time, worked efficiently and was pleasant!

Description of Work
Re-keyed the lock on our new house.

09/27/2011

Leslie H.

They charged me about $600 for their services. They got here within a few hours after I called them. They did a professional job and I wasn't upset with their price. I really didn't compare their price a lot. I would call them again.

Description of Work
Locksmith on Wheels redid several locks and deadbolts for me about six months ago.

09/24/2011

Sheldon L.

Just moved in. Called some local yokel who never showed for a 9am appointment. I called Locksmith on wheels. They came the same day. Performed 3 lock changes with ease. Cleaned up nicely. Took order for parts to another job and will complete it as soon as part comes in. Out the door in an hour. Wow!

05/07/2011

Joseph H.

Excellent - easy and fast.

Description of Work
We moved into our new house and had Locksmith on Wheels come to change all the locks. They were punctual, professional, neat and fast. I would use them again.

04/27/2011

Suzanne K.

The lock on our front door unabled us to gain access. He came the same day.

Description of Work
Changed hardware on front door, drilled holes so it worked. Changed other locks on interior doors. Clean and fast

01/06/2010

Hon Paul V A.

Very responsive to initial call; followed up twice; came the next day; work was done quickly and professionally, but bill was almost twice original estimate with no advance warning. It would have been better if the serviceman had warned in advance that the work he proposed to do was not included in the original estimate.

Description of Work
Opened and replaced two locks

07/12/2008

Tom E.

They were timely, efficient, and friendly.

Description of Work
Installed deadbolts.

01/21/2008

Thomas ..

Extremely efficient, very courteous. Came same day as the call. Very nice to deal with.

Description of Work
Changed the locks on 5 exterior doors.

09/20/2007

Anthony H.

They were great. The locksmith called ahead, was here right between the times scheduled and was very friendly. He knew his stuff, worked quickly, and cleaned up whatever debris left by the installation.

Description of Work
We had a few locks and deadbolts replaced.

10/29/2006

RAYMOND T.

Very helpful. I had been told by people at other large home improvement type stores that I needed to purchase an entire new door knob set (which runs $100-125 for the type of knob I had). The people at Locksmiths on Wheels looked at the parts I brought to them, found matching components from their inventory and told me what to do. This was obviously a big savings.

Description of Work
Helped me match inner working parts (latch) of a broken door handle.

10/05/2005

MICHELLE V.

LOCKSMITH ON WHEELS IS A VERY CONVENIENT SERVICE THAT IS VERY RELIABLE AND PUNCTUAL WITH ITS SERVICE. OUR LOCKS WERE REPLACED AND WE WERE EVEN ABLE TO GET AS MANY KEYS AS WE WANTED MADE UP.

Description of Work
WE USED LOCKSMITH ON WHEELS TO PUT NEW LOCKS IN OUR HOUSE WHEN WE FIRST MOVED IN.