Frayne Brothers Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since February 2012

4.4

10 Wainwright Ct

Williamsville, NY 14221

10 years in business,A+ BBB rating,Free estimates,Quality work quality gauranteed! 10 year labor warranty!...

12/05/2020

james F.

They did a good job, they did the best thing that every contractor can do and they finished the job.

Description of Work
They did a roof installation.

11/18/2017

Tom G.

Roof failed in 2 years. Poor workmanship

Description of Work
New build roof

02/10/2017

Robert M.

Category doors

09/27/2016

Roseanne H.

A huge waste of my time and total disappointment

Description of Work
Dan the owner came out pretty quick after I called and since I was looking for a handy man he had a list of things that I showed him that needed to get done. He wrote everything down and said that he would work up a price and e-mail me. I checked the to make sure that the e-mail was correct and that was the last I have heard from them. That was over 30 days ago. I have checked my junk mail and I called after 7 days, and twice a week two weeks later and left at least 3 messages. I now have wasted time that this work could have been done by another company had they not wanted to take the job! They could have just said, "no thank you, find someone else". If this is how you do business Kristen and Dan, I would not recommend you at all.

Category contractors, handyman service, siding, doors

09/27/2016

Roseanne H.

A huge waste of my time and total disappointment

Category contractors, handyman service, siding, doors

05/18/2016

Robert M.

Description of Work
roofing estimate only at this time

Category handyman service, remodeling, siding

10/05/2015

douglas C.

Great communication, honest, friendly and professional. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
All needed roof repairs from storm damage ice & snow

10/05/2015

Govinda P.

Awfull

Description of Work
Requested an estimate. No response.

06/22/2015

Benjamin F.

The contractor responded very quickly, gave me a very fair estimate, scheduled quickly and completed the work on time and as promised. I'd use them again for any projects.

Description of Work
I need vinyl soffits installed and some dry-rot repair.

Category handyman service, roofing, siding

06/18/2015

Sandy R.

Description of Work
They did everything on time and very well.

05/15/2015

Thomas S.

Showed up for estimate, walked around, provided suggestions and some ideas. He asked for my email address to send the estimate i provided one our emails. He said to wait and will sent from home the estimate and four (4) weeks later I am still waiting. Very disappointed to say the least. If the job was too much and he could not handle it, could have say something. They lost two more possible clients. I will never suggest nor recommend this company.

Description of Work
Nothng

12/30/2014

Lei W.

The work went smoothly overall. Dan and his folks were nice and polite. The price was fair. The only thing I wish could be improved is about getting billing and warranty info (which I still have not received). 7/1/2015* After they replaced the roof. Roof was replaced in 11/2014. We found a part of the roof with rotting wood in 4/2015. They came and agreed they should of replaced and repaired it. They have the materials at my house. I have not heard from them since April of 2015. Now they do not respond to my calls, they have not been out to do the work. 7/10/2015 They came and fixed it. The problem has been resolved.

Description of Work
tear-off re-roofing

12/08/2014

Mr Bernard L.

Never showed up

Description of Work
Never showed up

10/21/2014

christine B.

We were satisfied.

Description of Work
They performed some general contracting work.

Category remodeling

06/27/2014

Melinda C.

Phoned to remind of appointment. Arrived on time--got straight to work. Worked over 11 hours each day--cleaned up thoroughly after each day. Did not rush. Crew was professional--no foul language or loud music. The roof is beautiful and exactly what we expected. All the neighbors were extremely pleased with their work. Would recommend to anyone. Dan, the owner, is very personable and willing to work with you to make this as easy an experience as possible.

Description of Work
Complete tear off of roof--four layers of shingles on dormer. New architectural shingles to match garage, flashing, etc.

09/06/2013

MICHAEL M.

My insurance company had originally contacted another contractor to contact me to secure the beam initially for safety reasons, as it was not clear whether it would remain suspended indefinitely waiting for repair. This initial contractor did not return phone calls, promised to call and did not, etc., etc., over a period of a week. Mid-week I contacted Frayne Brothers, and the contrast in professionalism and competence was immediately apparent. Dan came out to take a look, assessed the situation and assured me that he would call on the designated day to arrange the repair, and he did exactly that. The repair was tricky, requiring holding the beam (a hefty animal) at various times to address the fan wiring and to bring the beam down for disassembly. Dan and his father worked diligently to determine the best way to securely mount the beam with careful attention to the location of mounting screws (which replaced the builder's horrible use of nails that were in many cases not even located into the attic's rafters at all.) My wife I and are confident that the beam will no longer threaten us with death in our sleep now, and were very satisfied that Frayne Brothers were available and able to make the repair. I'm sure that you will not be disappointed if you call them based on our experience!

Description of Work
Frayne Brothers successfully reinstalled a ceiling beam in our bedroom that had detached and (fortunately) hung suspended by the electrical wire that feeds a ceiling fan / lamp assembly. (The beam had been improperly mounted since 1990!) Frayne Brothers evaluated and successfully remounted the beam and lamp which was no small feat for two men.

11/09/2012

Paolina C.

From the beginning the experience was great. They were pleasant, clean, and meticulous. The roofing job was great and efficient. We were so pleased that we had them come back to instal new windows and siding. The prices were great and the service was exceptional. I would recommend them to anyone looking for roofing, siding, windows, or any handyman work. They turned our house from drab to fab! They went above and beyond with their services and provided great advice.

Description of Work
Total roof tear down, replaced roof, put in air vents, closed off gables, replaced gutters and soffits, installed new windows with aluminum trim, put molding on the inside of the windows, completely total siding tear down, tie back insulation, aluminum framing of garage door and front door, new shutters.

Category contractors, garage doors, gutter repair, handyman service, insulation, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

11/09/2012

Paolina C.

Description of Work

Category egress windows, gutter repair, handyman service, remodeling, roofing, siding

06/08/2012

Tim W.

The installation was professionally done. Care was taken to install the roof sheathing, ice shielding, drip edge and underlayment before the shingles were installed. Frayne took the time to install everything correctly. The shingles look great and have a 50 year warranty. The communication and service was top notch. Dave Berner was reachable by phone at all times and was present on-site during the majority of the work. Workers were courteous and respectful. I would definitely recommend Frayne Brothers for roofing projects.Contact Dave Berner at 716-523-7663.

Description of Work
Replaced residential roof. It was a complete tear off and replacement of roof.

Category egress windows, roofing

04/20/2012

Matthew W.

Dave Berner and his crew were an absolute delight to deal with. I had a new entry door with transom and sidelights to be installed in my house. Dave was quick to provide me with an estimate and quick to deliver on the install. Dave and his crew were punctual, extremely thorough and courteous throughout the whole process. They made adjustments and fixed flaws in how the original door was installed so that the new door would last a long long time. Dave also provided me with his word that if anything went wrong or I didn't like anything that he would come right out and make it right...You can't find these types of companies anymore...ones that stick to their word and their main goal is customer satisfaction! It will be the biggest mistake of your life if you pass on the opportunity to hire these guys! Easy on the wallet with all the craftsmanship!

Description of Work
Had an exterior door with transom and sidelights removed and a new door was installed

Category egress windows, handyman service, remodeling, siding