Barrier Window Systems Inc

Founded 1977 • With Angi since April 2010

7356 Main St

Westmoreland, NY 13490

Superior Home Improvement Products Seller. We sell Preservation product line. Business number- 315-853-3921. Website- www.barrierwindow.com. Email: info@barrierwindow.com. For more information on our product lines exclusive to Barrier Window Systems, Inc. please visit www.preservationcollection.com and http://www.proviaproducts.com/products/entry-doors#!/signet_fiberglass_entry_doors. Click to See the Details and Entry Form and Rules for our $15,000 Annual Giveway! http://barrierwindow.com/home-makeover-contests.php (Link to our Sweepstakes Online Entry form). Click here to see all of our happy winners! http://barrierwindow.com/barrier-contest-winners.php (link to show our previous Grand Prize Winners). ...

03/04/2015

Janice B.

the price was extremely high. We opted to only do the three that were in disrepair and see how it went to decide if we would use Barrier for future windows. The windows are fine, but unremarkable. They are supposed to triple pane insulated windows but you can still feel cold air around these windows. The service provided at the time is not why I am giving them a F rating. The constant harassment for YEARS to get the rest of my windows replaced has guaranteed that I will NEVER spend another dime with this company. They are now dba Preservation Home Specialists. They call my house daily and sometimes MULTIPLE times per day, and if I happen to answer they are very pushy and insisting I am entered in a drawing to win $15,000 worth of home improvements. when I say I am not interested they go on and tell me how it isn't a sales pitch. I have hung up on them, I have asked them to remove me from their calling lists, and I have told them that I will never buy from them again. but they continue to call daily. This is still for a sales pitch, as they need to come demonstrate their products to you "in case" you win. I will tell everyone I know to stay away from Barrier Windows and Preservation Home Specialists!!!!

Description of Work
We had three double pane windows replaced with triple pane windows from barrier.

04/28/2014

tom S.

Description of Work
Never returned my call

Category replacement windows, doors

This is not a Barrier Customer. Sounds like a Competitor.

04/22/2014

Marlene H.

Description of Work
Barrier sold us the windows saying they would last a lifetime and insulate any leaks to provide superior energy efficiency to our home. Barrier Installed 6 sets of triple pane double hung windows in our upstairs in 2009. They told us we had a 50 year warranty on the windows and would bring it on the day of installation. They did not bring the warranty. I contacted them twice requesting they send me the warranty and it was eventually received. Over the winter of 2010 the gas inside of 4 of the panes leaked and we could not see through the panes. Barrier initially told us that the manufacturer went out of business and the warranty could not be honored. After a few months of discussions, barrier honored the warranty and replaced 4 of the windows. The repair person arrived without the proper tool to install the windows and told me he had to leave to go to the shop and purchase one. Since he had already been in our drive for a long time, I explained I hoped he was not planning on charging me for the hour he spent before he determined he needed to leave to buy the tool. I marked on the bill the duration of time he was working at my home and only paid them for the hours actually worked. The 4th pane arrived with the wrong divider inserts and they had to order another pane and returned later in the summer to replace it. They charged a flat fee and hourly labor charges for the repair.Gave us a 50 year warranty on the windows. They claimed this type of leak was not common. After the winter of 2012, 4 more panes leaked gas and Barrier replaced all 4 panes and charged us another fee and labor charge. We have 2 windows (4 panes) left from the original and so far they have not leaked. The salesman claimed these windows were of such superior quality, they warranted the higher cost they charge for the windows. We don't agree that having to replace 8 of the 12 panes qualifies as superior quality windows. Barrier did stand behind the warranty and replaced the defective panes, therefore, we rated them only a "c" rather than something lower.

Category replacement windows, doors

Barrier can service all installed products even if manufacturer Has ceased operations. We value our customers and Will charge a nominal fee to maintain the products Even though the warranties are voided.

03/16/2014

Ryan G.

Sorry wrong company reviewed. Please delete. Thanks

Description of Work
THIS REVIEW IS FOR BARRIER WATERPROOFING NOT BARRIER WINDOWS please delete...

Category doors

11/15/2011

Theresa R.

They were quick, efficient and cleaned up. The workmen were courteous, the quality was excellent and I will use them again in the future if I got the right price.

Description of Work
I used Barrier Window Systems to put in new doors.

Category doors

04/27/2010

Marion C.

Good job and excellent cleanup and service

Description of Work
Replacement Windows and Doors and Garage Doors

Category garage doors, siding, replacement windows, doors

SJR Construction

All exterior construction(roofing,siding, windows etc.) All interior renovations(kitchen, bathrooms, remodeling)

Quality Roofing and Siding

Our Mission at Quality Roofing & Siding LLC is to provide our neighboring communities with Affordable, State of the Art Roof and Siding replacements and Installation. Whether you have a small leak or large replacement Our Father & Sons team will be able to provide a solution for your Wants, Needs, or Dreams.. Our #1 Goal is that one of a kind smile at the end of a project.. FULLY INSURED. FREE ESTIMATES The Roof and Siding of your Home or Business is one of the most important features that protect your Property 's Assets. Why gamble with the safely of its Occupants and Valuables. Depend on Quality Roofing & Siding LLC for First Rate Roof and Siding Maintance , Repair, and Installation from a Trained and Insured crew of Roofing and Siding.

National Seal Techs LLC

Servicing Albany, Syracuse, Utica, and Surrounding Areas. NATIONAL SEAL TECHS. LLC is that rare choice in business with a professional acumen that you expect, but you get that and much more. Our craftsmanship, our dedication to customer satisfaction and all the skills utilized to do your job, whichever job you want completed, is performed perfectly suited for your needs. NATIONAL SEAL TECHS. LLC, has proven, trained, background checked pros. We are on time, on budget, and we're perfectionists. All our work and our complete repairs are guaranteed, for your 100% satisfaction. If you have a tough problem or difficult challenge NATIONAL SEAL TECHS. LLC is the one for you. We cut right through difficulties. We will be happy to serve you.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Barrier Window System products (windows, doors, siding, and garage doors) provide State-of-the-Art Technology that are engineered for lasting durability. The superior strength which is manufactured to Barrier's rigid specifications provides superior weather ability for northern climates. Most installations usually are completed in one day leaving no mess and no structural changes.