GUARANTEED CHIMNEY SERVICES INC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since March 2006

3.3

381-6 Old Riverhead Rd

Westhampton Beach, NY 11978

No subcontracting, all jobs by written estimate. We also own Beach Stove and Fireplace in Westhampton Beach....

10/23/2020

Nancy S.

Job went very well. Guaranteed Chimney extended chimney as promised. The brick chimney looks very well done. The heating company did a combustion test on the oil burner to verify how the chimney was working and reported that the result was “excellent”.

Description of Work
5ft chimney extension so oil burner could properly vent

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

03/28/2017

Salvatore T.

What is really troubling is having a job done incorrectly that could result in a very serious situation. I am talking about the refractory panels that were installed in our fireplace by Guaranteed Chimney as a result of the original ones cracking after more than 20 years of use. But Guaranteed Chimney had to replace the new panels that they had installed after just one season of use because they cracked The second set they installed also cracked, again after just one season of use. Keep in mind that the original panels had lasted more than 20 years before cracking. The first time the panels were replaced free of charge, but Guaranteed Chimney has refused to deal with the second set cracking. We have since found out that Guaranteed Chimney used generic panels and did not even install these correctly. The side panels are loose and could fall down while the fireplace is being used, leading to a major problem that could easily get out of control. By the way, we were never told that generic panels rather than those matching the fireplace brand had been used. We discovered that after another chimney/fireplace company came to inspect the problem. Incidentally, Guaranteed Chimney also said that we needed a new damper because it would not close correctly. I fixed the problem myself resulting in a considerable savings. Look elsewhere other than Guaranteed Chimney if you need fireplace or chimney work done.

Description of Work
Fireplace repair

Category chimney repair

Mr [Member Name Removed]'s fireplace was discontinued many years ago and OEM parts are not available. Therefore the only way to help him was to use Cut to fit Skamol panels. No Mfg gives a warranty on these panels as they are subject to misuse. However, we bought and installed brand new panels anyway as a show of good faith. We regret that after a year of use that his panels are broken again. We must suspect that there is another problem causing his issues that needs to be addressed. Competitors will never be kind it seems. We hope that they can fix his problem. We wish him well and we are sorry that we could not serve him in the way that we would have liked.

01/13/2015

Helen M.

Description of Work
It came to my attention that this company is in the habit of discussing their customers in negative ways, using expletives to refer to their customers, as well as disrespecting a customer's privacy. |Although the technican was knowledgable and answered my questions. I had to insist on getting accurate measurements for chimney cap parts instead of accepting an estimate from his "eyeballing it.

Category chimney repair

Due to this report the employee in question was terminated. We are not in the habit of bad mouthing anyone. We apologize wholeheartedly to Mrs. [Member Name Removed].

12/31/2013

Susan J.

Description of Work
Mike arrived shortly after the agreed upon time, he took a very brief look from the ground and inside the house...never got on the roof; and then called his boss. Much mis-communication after this( my nice way of saying lying) I was in a hurry so I foolishly agreed to the "extra" service. They did come back the same day, as promised, and completed a fair job in 45 minutes. Total $400!!! My surgeon doesn't get $400 for 45 minutes!! I would not recommend this company a friend...many questions about my insurance and installers that had nothing to do with the cleaning of the chimney. This owner also sells wood/pellet stoves and I did not buy my stove from him so I think he was annoyed and made his profit from me in other ways.

Category chimney repair

Just like to say that I never heard anything from the customer directly before reading this review. The charges were for cleaning a chimney after removing an old liner that was obstructing the flue. After tax the charges were 400-. I regret that the guys moved so quickly that you were suspicious. However, as a gesture of good will, I would be happy to supply a free sweep next year. By the way, Mike is no longer with the company and I will come personally to get it done. Thanks, Chris (owner)

08/22/2008

Lynn F.

I investigated chimney sweeps and all my avenues of investigation led to Guaranteed Chimney. I called Chris and set an appointment for 2 days after I called. The next day he called to tell me he had a cancellation and asked if I would like him to take that spot. Since it was convenient I said yes. He arrived in about 15 minutes and spent an hour or so sweeping my oil chimney (which was filthy by the way). He also advised me on how to maintain it and certain things that needed repair in the future. But with no pressure at all. His price was exactly the estimate he gave me, and he and his men (there were two others with him) were friendly and professional. I would give this company a very high rating.

Description of Work
Chris Strain came and swept my oil chimney and gave me an overview and estimate of potential future repair.

Category chimney repair

I'm happy that you were satisfied with our work, etc. We teach our employees customer service values and track them. Further, technical expertise is paramount and we invest great sums to educate everyone here. Thanks for your nice review and we look forward to serving you in the future!

03/06/2006

THEY REALLY KNOW THEIR BUSINESS AND STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK. THEY STICK TO THE ESTIMATE WITH NO HIDDEN COSTS OR SURPRISES. THEY ARE HONEST AND UP FRONT ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Description of Work
HAD TO HAVE THE MESS REPAIRED FROM THE LAST COMPANY. THEY ALSO INSTALLED A NEW TITANIUM INSERT IN THE CHIMNEY.

Category chimney repair

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We were so happy to serve you. I only wish that every client was as nice as you! All the best!

Ace Chimney Experts

Ace Chimney Experts, Inc. is dedicated to providing you with the highest level of service attainable. We are proud recipients of the Dan's Papers Best of the Best Award for the past several years.

Fred's Chimney Magic

EXPERTS ON CHANNEL 7, CABLE NEWS AND DAILY NEWS! 1437 REVIEWS ON ANGIE'S LIST! NO COMPLAINT WITH BBB OR CONSUMER AFFAIRS! (CALL 800 696-7668 FOR A FREE ESTIMATE) LIFETIME GUARANTEE ON ALL STAINLESS STEEL LINERS AND CAPS. 38 YEARS IN BUSINESS. (3 tour) VETERAN ARMY MILITARY POLICE. EXFIRE FIGHTER. REPAIRED APPROX. 1/3 OF ALL NYC FIRE DEPARTMENTS. LOWEST PRICES GUARANTEED! PRIOR CONSULTANTS FOR BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORIES AND THE AMERICAN GAS RESEARCH FOUNDATION IN WASHINGTON D.C. "WE ARE GENTLEMEN WHO CARE" (read our reviews) THANK YOU!

Offers by Fred's Chimney Magic on Angi
    Ageless Chimney, Inc.

New York's finest CHIMNEY and MASONRY company for 15 years, and the proud recipient of Angie's List's "Super Service" award for the past 6 years. Ageless Chimney offers, but is not limited to, chimney cleaning and repair, chimney liners, pointing, chimney caps, crowns, brick repair, fireplace repair/refacing and roof/chimney leak experts. We also specialize in building & repairing stoops, patios and driveways. We will beat any written estimate. CALL AGELESS CHIMNEY today: (516)795-1313 for your free estimate! Serving Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Westchester. Fully licensed and insured.

Offers by Ageless Chimney, Inc. on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    $10

ALL PHASES FIREPLACE AND CHIMNEY CONSTRUCTION, REPAIR, RESTORATION. PROFESSIONAL INSPECTIONS. CHIMNEY MAINTENANCE. PREFABRICATED FIREPLACE AND STOVE SALES, INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE. GAS LOG SALES AND INSTALLATIONS. STAINLESS STEEL LINERS. MASONRY CHIMNEY IINSTALLATIONS AND REPAIRS. PREFABRICATED CHIMNEY INSTALLATIONS AND REPAIRS. CUSTOM CHASETOP FLASHING INSTALLATIONS. CUSTOM CHIMNEY CAPS. HEARTH PRODUCTS. FIREPLACE SCREENS. SMOKING FIREPLACES REPAIRED.

We do not offer low come on prices and scam our customers.