Beach Stove and Fireplace

Founded 2010 • With Angi since May 2013

381-8 Old Riverhead Rd.

Westhampton Beach, NY 11978

Beach Stove and Fireplace sells and provides service for fireplaces, stoves, fire pits, gas logs, and electric fireplaces. We do not use sub-contractors and will happily provide service for any and all of the products we sell as well as a one-year labor warranty. We are the only local fireplace dealers that are NFI certified Wood and Gas burning specialists, FIRE certified fireplace and chimney inspectors, and CSIA certified sweeps. All the fireplace manufacturers recommend ONLY using NFI certified specialists. We're open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday by appointment....

12/17/2020

andrew T.

I had Westhamptonbath beach and stove install two new gas burning fireplaces in my home in Southampton about 5 years ago . They were a total pleasure to work with and we love the job they did. Yesterday I called there because my pilot was not igniting . Chris was unbelievable and on a FaceTime he walked me thru the process and we fixed it together . Another covid virtual service call with a good ending.. Chris spent the time patiently step by step till we got it solved. He is the best and I am glad I used them to installl them and to service them over the years. Thanks again you saved the day

Description of Work
My gas fireplace wasn't igniting

11/23/2020

Jan M.

Chris Strain is the man! We moved here recently due to COVID and have no local contractors to work with so we are starting from scratch. I went to the Beach Stove and Fireplace to purchase a log grate to lift my new gas log set up a few inches because we were not getting high flames in our fireplace. Our plumber who installed the unit recommended this to increase airflow. Not only did Chris talk me out of the grate (who turns away sales?) but he spent 20 minutes on speakerphone with my husband and me explaining what was happening with my unit and why the grate wouldn’t work. He also figured out why our gas flow was weak due to the incorrect size gas line leading to the unit. I wish I had found Chris and Beach Stove and Fireplace before I purchased and installed my log set – I would have had a much less stressful time with the whole process. I highly recommend Chris to anyone looking for a new fireplace or service on an existing unit. He even told us to call him for any other service providers we find we need in the future. It’s hard to find nice honest people in this crazy world but I’m grateful I found Chris Strain.

Description of Work
I needed to purchase a log grate for a propane log set

Category gas logs

10/31/2014

Helen M.

They arrived on time and cleaned the chimney . I had to repeatedly insist that I needed an accurate estimate for work that needed to be done . The Technician argued with me telling me he could eyeball it from the deck. The assistant raced to load the ladder onto the truck. I insisted and finally got an estimate with measurements. Then I found out that the employees routinely bad mouth their customers and spread gossip about the customers homes. After having learned this WE WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN ! IF. You value Privacy and expect contractors to respect you and your home I suggest you think very carefully before allowing them into your house .

Description of Work
Inspect Chimney, Sweep Chimney. And Inspect to replace parts .

Category fireplaces

We have never served this customer as we are not a chimney sweep company.

11/05/2013

barbara M.

THE MANUFACTURER TOLD US TO PUT A CLAIM IN WITH UPS. THE MANUFACTURER HAD IMPROPERY PACKED THE ITEM. MY HUSBAND THEN CALLED MARIE BACK TOLD HER THAT HE WAS SHIPPING THE PART BACK TO HER AND FOR HER TO RETURN OUR MONEY. I WOULD NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. THEY CHARGED $200.00 TO MAKE A PHONE CALL.

Description of Work
THE PROVIDER ORDERED A PART FOR OUR STOVE AND CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL $200.00 FOR PLACING THE PHONE CALL. WHEN THE PIECE CAME TO OUR HOME FROM THE MANUFACTURER, IT ARRIVED BROKEN. WE CALLED BEACH STOVE AND FIREPLACE AND TOLD THEM THAT THE PART CAME BROKEN, MARIE THEN IN TURN CALLED THE MANUFACTURER.

Category fireplaces

This customer contacted us as a dealer for their brand of stove to order a replacement part for them. We took the order and had the part shipped directly from the manufacturer to the customer's home - no problem. The manufacturer accidentally packed our invoice along with the part so that the customer could now see our wholesale price. The "additional $200" we charged the customer is our markup plus the cost of shipping. They did not understand that retail businesses buy from manufacturers/distributors, mark the products up to a manufacturer's suggested retail price, then sell them to the consumer. The customer returned the part to us and we refunded their money no questions asked. We price our products according to industry standards, and would never arbitrarily add $200 to the cost of something.

Herber Plumbing & Heating Corp.

Herber Plumbing & Heating Corp. has been trusted and recommended since 1971, and recognized for our superb service. We are family owned and operated, with guaranteed great service. Our company specializes in all types of work, from leaking faucets to large commercial projects. Your 100% satisfaction is not only our goal...it's our promise to you. We won't leave until you're happy!

Ageless Chimney, Inc.

New York's finest CHIMNEY and MASONRY company for 15 years, and the proud recipient of Angie's List's "Super Service" award for the past 6 years. Ageless Chimney offers, but is not limited to, chimney cleaning and repair, chimney liners, pointing, chimney caps, crowns, brick repair, fireplace repair/refacing and roof/chimney leak experts. We also specialize in building & repairing stoops, patios and driveways. We will beat any written estimate. CALL AGELESS CHIMNEY today: (516)795-1313 for your free estimate! Serving Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Westchester. Fully licensed and insured.

Offers by Ageless Chimney, Inc. on Angi
    Fred's Chimney Magic

EXPERTS ON CHANNEL 7, CABLE NEWS AND DAILY NEWS! 1437 REVIEWS ON ANGIE'S LIST! NO COMPLAINT WITH BBB OR CONSUMER AFFAIRS! (CALL 800 696-7668 FOR A FREE ESTIMATE) LIFETIME GUARANTEE ON ALL STAINLESS STEEL LINERS AND CAPS. 38 YEARS IN BUSINESS. (3 tour) VETERAN ARMY MILITARY POLICE. EXFIRE FIGHTER. REPAIRED APPROX. 1/3 OF ALL NYC FIRE DEPARTMENTS. LOWEST PRICES GUARANTEED! PRIOR CONSULTANTS FOR BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORIES AND THE AMERICAN GAS RESEARCH FOUNDATION IN WASHINGTON D.C. "WE ARE GENTLEMEN WHO CARE" (read our reviews) THANK YOU!

Offers by Fred's Chimney Magic on Angi
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, Financing Available

We sell, inspect, install, and maintain fireplaces, chimneys, gas logs, fire pits, stoves, and electric fireplaces. We are also happy to answer any questions you may have on related topics.

Gas and electrical work