Gold Coast Pavers

Founded 2000 • With Angi since March 2013

496 Grand Blvd

Westbury, NY 11590

Family owned and operated, Gold Coast Pavers has been a licensed and insured contractor serving Long Island and Metropolitan area for the last 10 years. We have acquired the most up to date tools and the expertise to efficiently manage and construct a wide variety of masonry and landscaping projects, from small to large and simple to complex. Whether you need new construction driveways, walkways, patios, retaining walls, flower beds, or repairs and resurfacings, we provide excellent services that you need and prices you can afford. At Gold Coast Pavers, our goal is to provide you with courteous, expedient, and professional services of the highest quality. As all variety of paving stones have become more and more popular into residential homes, whether to add a great curb appeal for the front yard, or relax into an exotic back yard, Gold Coast Pavers can make your dream true....

04/13/2022

Jordan G.

Chris and his team at Gold Coast Pavers did a fabulous job that transformed the outside front of our home. We replaced and expanded the driveway and front entry, along with a brand new sidewalk. They delivered the desired premium materials as we requested and the pricing was competitive and transparent. We highly recommend them to any homeowner considering a masonry project in the future.

Description of Work
Driveway, front entry, sidewalk

Category masonry,driveway pavers

02/02/2022

MaryEllen L.

Beautiful work! Unfortunately I can not recommend Gold Coast Pavers. Some of my pavers have sifted. It took months for chris to come back to look and said that “I’m just put on bottom of a repair list.”.. I haven’t heard from him since..

Description of Work
Pavers for backyard stoop and patio, driveway and front stoop

Category masonry,chimney repair,patios

07/19/2019

Tim L.

Chris and crew did a fantastic job with regrading the yard, sodding, pavers and inground sprinkler system. We were looking for a one stop shop and found it with Gold Coast Pavers. Chris was very patient and made sure all our concerns were addressed which was much appreciated. You can tell he truly cares about his business and customer service as he was always reachable if needed. The guys they use are also very hard workers and got the job done fast. I would totally recommend them and use them for my next job!

Description of Work
Backyard pavers, side stoops, inground sprinklers and sod.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems,hardscaping

10/25/2017

sab L.

it went well. Gold coast employees arrived on the date of at the time they designated. They introduced their project managers and got straight to work. Asked me questions about what i wanted removed what needed to stay and recommendations on the best way to pitch the water away from the house. i had my fence put in after they were done and there was an extra hole that was drilled in one of the pavers and Mike was kind enough to come back and remove the paver and replace it with a new one.

Description of Work
had my deck removed and my backyard done with pavers

Category landscaping

04/06/2015

norman A.

got it all done in one day, no muss, no fuss, and extremely happy with the results. very friendly and easy to work with, even with some minor changes on the day of. no high pressure sales either.

Description of Work
demolished side door stoop , built new paver stoop and landing

Category concrete repair,excavators,landscaping,driveway pavers,hardscaping

08/27/2014

Lee P.

Chris and his crew were highly professional ....polite. and skilled workers. They left the job each evening. Clean and organized. Would not hesitate to use them again. The result is as beautiful as promised.

Description of Work
Removed old deck.....created a great new patio and other stone work ....

Category stamped concrete

07/17/2014

Fran A.

The paver jobs where the first contract. Seeing how good the job was, my husband and I decided on doing the cement as well. We signed a separate contract for the cement and was reassured by Chris he would only put the best commercial grade. It would be 5 inches and reinforced with steel. Selling us on his product. We thought we hit the jackpot. Nice people, great products, what more can you ask for. The work was finished by the first of June. We noticed shortly after that the garage door would not open. The electricity was not working. Somehow it was damaged when the Patio was put in. I called Chris. He was willing to do us a favor and fix it with his electrician. Again we thought wow how nice. He sent who he later explained was a retired electrician who charges him only for the parts and this man runs a new wire to the garage and joins it to the exciting older wire leading from my house. The interesting part was that he connected the two wires and places them in a used caulking tube placed the tube in the ground. Call me crazy but I didn't think that was safe or done right . I called Chris and he said don't worry that's how it's done. Chris's people came a week later to replace the pavers that had to be removed and less then a week later the lights where out again. We called Chris and he said the "electrician" did a good job and it's not his responsibility. I called a electrician of my own and he explained the wired where not insulated properly and water has entered to caulking tube.The tube was melted and the wire running to the house was charred. My house could have caught fire! I spent $700+ to fix this. Chris sent his guys to come in and place the pavers back. I had to remove them when my electrician came because Chris would not come. All was quiet until February when I noticed 2 slabs of sidewalk that was right before the driveway starts on that side and after the driveway skirt( the part that touches the street) where literally crumbling. Only that part. Not the skirt ...not the driveway. I called chris and I was told I was to blame.... You put salt there. ...no I didn't, you specifically told me not to ,so I didn't ... He said...Ok then it must have been the salt from the street the car brought in ....I said ...wouldn't that damage the skirt and the driveway?.... No damages there. No real explanation given. Interestingly enough I referred him to my mother, she had received an estimate from another person but I told her Chris paver work is very good even after the electrical issue. She had signed a contract before my complaint. She spoke to him and he agreed to change it. The guys came to fix it. I can see the difference between the work from last year and this April. The second was a rush job and is very noticeable In May I stated to get my backyard ready for the spring. When I started sweeping the driveway I notice a crack that ran from my garage door about 6 to 7 feet long. I was shocked. I had spoken to my cousins husband ... An architect ... A while back and he explained that the to cement slabs where crumbling because the cement was poor quality or was not mixed well. Hs words came back to me and when he saw the new crack, he stated the same thing. I called Chris, no answer, so I texted him. Called the office no answer ,left an message. Called his sales rep whose number I had, he said he would tell Chris. Continued to call for two months strait. Texted and messages went unanswered..extremely unprofessional. So today finally HE CALLS ME BACK. JULY 17th. He stated...Read contract terms, there is 0 warranty on cement. Call me crazy but I didn't expect the cement to crumble and crack 8 to 10 months after the work was completed. He stated that he was out $800 for the repairs that he did to my house. I explained that the "Electrician" he sent, and I use that Term loosely, damaged my house and I had to shell out money to fix the initial problem plus the damage he caused. and the only reason he fixed the cement sidewalk is because he didn't want to loose the huge paver job at my mother's house.he started to yell at me and said the architect doesn't now what he is talking about. He was going to come to my house and drill my driveway so he can send a piece of it to the lab to prove that I was wrong and the cement is very good. I tried to get a word in but was continually attacked on the phone. I then stated that I did not want him any where near my house and this conversation was over. I hung up as he continued to verbally assault me on the phone. He then texted me and I quote..."read contract terms" I stated" I should have looked at The complaints on BBB before contracting you" he stated and I quote " yeah to bad, look at my complaints there all closes out....9 complaints in 4 years..." I stated" 5 in one year 2013 only.." That is not very good to me...all complaints stated unprofessional and work falling apart. He stated " ok that's not even two percent...you signed the contract...you should read what you sign...I fixed your electric I already did one cement repair.... TAKE ME TO COURT AND IM CHARGING YOU FOR ALL THE THINGS I DID ALREADY THAT IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR. ....I came back .cost me $800.. He stated in the phone call that the cement is unpredictable and it can crack in a months time ...really do you think I'm dumb....I have neighbors who have cement older then 5 years that is flawless and they put heavy salt on it in the winter. So to all the people who are looking to this company I say ....if you want to be insulted and screamed at on the phone, ignored and want cracked cement in 8 months and last but not least THREATENED, By all means please employ them. I have NEVER been treated like this in my life. I do not enjoy being taken advantage of.... If he had said the cement may crack in a month when he was selling me his product I would have told him forget it. I do not recommend this company at all!!!!!!!! BEWARE BAD CEMENT!!!!!!

Description of Work
They made a patio out of pavers in my backyard, new cement driveway , new cement sidewalk, new walkway and front stoop out of pavers.

Category driveway pavers

Dear Mrs. (removed member name) We have read this review of services providing to you and wish to express our position. You claim that the work was of bad quality of material, and on the other hand you stated the brick paver work was great. You also recommended us to your mother and stated how nice we were to you. Referring to fixing the electrical problem which was not our responsibility, since we were not told of its existence, after all this favor which you called it would also require us to send a work force back to repair your newly installed pavers. As far as the concrete (cement) work being of bad quality is nonsense, we buy our concrete from an authorized reputable manufacturer, as do many other contractors, and also happens to be the largest supplier in Nassau County. Please be aware of the fact, that steel reinforcing does not add to the strength, only stability after cracking occurs Also, be aware that concrete does not come with guarantees or warranties as stated in our contract. Sometimes its cracks sooner rather than later. Only guarantee one can give is it will crack eventually. This is a fact. I would also like to remind you of another favor we provided. After that winter you called and informed us that 2 small slabs of concrete were showing evidence of spalling, this occurs when excessive salt is allowed to remain on newly installed concrete. This was not our fault and yet we came and replaced them at no charge. Please note we make no claim that we are electricians, we like you, thought the work was done correctly, after all this was your responsibility to start with. We are very sorry for the outcome. Regarding the architect that you referred to, he is not an expert in concrete. He should have never said what he said. The only way to determine if concrete is poorly made is to test it, which he clearly did not do. To make that determination merely on visual inspection is extremely unprofessional. Having the title architect does not make him an expert in anything, he should have known better. I am sincerely sorry that you feel this way. You were misled by him and used bad advice and your own poor knowledge of the industry in writing this review. Mrs. Acosta you were a pleasure to work with and I am shocked and truly sorry for the way you feel. Sincerely, Chris Stasi President

11/30/2013

Phil D.

Everything was resolved

Description of Work
Everything resolved,

Category stamped concrete

06/06/2013

Elizabeth M.

The provider came on time. They worked all day on completing the job. They were diligent with their work. They were able to complete the job within two days. They were extremely pleasant and informed us of each step as it was completed. They also had has check to make sure that the work was acceptable before moving onto the next step. The workers cleaned up their area and the foreman even came back that night to double check to make sure that we were satisfied with the work. The foreman also explained to us how to maintain the patio in order to keep the cement looking brand new. This company was amazing and provided us with a service that I would highly recommend to anyone!

Description of Work
The provider removed cement, put in a cement patio, leveled the remanding yard and placed a 6 ft fence .

Category landscaping

08/17/2011

ANDREW S.

A terrible experience for our family, which we were looking forward for.

Description of Work
I had a complete landscape and driveway installed. The experience started off friendly. As the job progressed slowly the company did not show up for many days at a time. To make matters worse, my phone calls went unanswered for days at a time. When workers finally showed, their were only 2 men for a $75,000 job. The owner Chris Stassi did not seem to care much. Installation was unacceptable as well as quality and response. After 3 months I finally had somone complete the job.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Milestone Restoration & Roofing Inc

A BBB ACCREDITED COMPANY Milestone Restoration Inc specializes in Masonry Restoration, Brick Pointing, Brick Restoration, Cement stucco ,Flat Roofing Installations & Repair, Slate Roofing Repairs, and work related to Hanging Scaffolding and Pipe Scaffolding Services. With good reputation and over 30 years combined experience, we know how to give homes and businesses that "like-new" appearance while ensuring your Safety. Our basic categories include: brick tuck pointing, brick siding, scaffolding work , natural slate roofs,and flat roofs (our specialty). We don't use sub contractors because we like to monitor and complete all projects ourselves. DCA License #1405707 Exp. 02/28/2023 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award Winner - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 2018 and 2019

City Suburb, Inc.

City Suburb, Inc., takes great pride in doing your job right the first time. We've been business over 25 years and specialize in the restoration of commercial and residential buildings & houses. Please reach out to us directly at (718) 849-8999 for more information.

Offers by City Suburb, Inc. on Angi
    ERIC JANSSEN MASONRY CONTRACTOR LLC

Eric Janssen Masonry is a classic small business, owner operated and with one long term employee. Eric specializes in the small jobs and repairs that other companies don't. You will be working with Eric from start to finish. He is present on the job site during all phases of job, from initial estimate to clean up. Most of our company's work is obtained by recommendation or referral only.

Driveways, Stoops, Walkways, Sidewalks, Pools, Patios, Sprinklers, Fencing, Chimney Repairs, Pavers, Asphalt