A&M D'Alessandro Contractors Inc

Founded 1972 • With Angi since September 2012

3.8

162 Ellison Ave

Westbury, NY 11590

* 2nd Generation, All Work Done by OWNERS * The finest materials and craftmanship available. We serve Commercial, Industrial and Residential Customers. We are always striving to offer that absolute finest quality materials and craftsmanship. We are a family business and want your family to receive the best New York has to offer. Thank you for considering doing business with us . We invite you to call for a free estimate today. Additional contact Angelo D'Alessandro....

05/05/2016

Merari F.

The work was not as clean as we would have liked. There were some trip hazard areas we were concerned about and they just poured in the cement as opposed to cutting the slab, pouring the work in a straight line and leaving the work looking professional. In addition, they laid the paver bricks on the top of the landing to our new steps without putting in any sand. In September, Mario said they would be back to put sand in and they never returned. We needed cement work and new steps in two of our buildings. With the quotes offered, it was more affordable to have A&M do this building and another contractor do the other. Sadly, we wish we would have gone with the same contractor for both jobs. The steps in our other building are of superior quality and craftsmanship. The steps in this building still remain unfinished and already look worn with less than a year of use.

Description of Work
Poured a new cement walk on the side of our building, built new brick steps in front of our building, some patch cement work.

04/22/2016

Jose S.

Very punctual, professional, good price, clean work, prompt, courteous. Overall very good experience.

Description of Work
Re paved long driveway and repositioned cobblestones to create a planting area.

03/10/2016

lloyd C.

Description of Work
Excellent service

09/24/2015

Charles L.

Repaired Brick Stoop around chimney, Spilled cement on roof, Grass, Did not clean up mess, Cleaned out wheel barrows on lawn? Total Mess Very had to believe that work was performed by professional? Not only did I throw away the money I need to hire someone to grind out the excess cement. Photos to follow (you wont believe)

Description of Work
Repaired Brick around Stoop chimney.

Category masonry, chimney repair

08/18/2015

Charles L.

Mario's workers left be a big mess hosed out the wheel barrel on the front lawn. People point out to me all the time it looks like kids did the work (seeing is believing) Photo's to follow. He destroyed my house now the mortar has to be ground out and reapplied a lot of work, days. I called him back which they did return and just continued the same practice. It is hard to believe he is in this type of business he would be better off in something completely different.

Description of Work
Member Comments: They Mortar lines they used their fingers, so they have hand prints on my brick because they did not use any tools, and did not wipe off access, I tried to chip it off and part of brick fell off. 1500 dollars for 4 hours of work. They messed my house up, they were very sloppy when mixing cement and left some on the ground.

07/30/2015

Rockwell W.

Description of Work
Remove old blacktop driveway- |Expand driveway, install new Belgium block border and blacktop surface. Also repair weather damaged chimney. | |Crew was unprofessional with no regards to landscape or customer's property. Laborers urinated in the backyard, drank beer while on the job, left garbage all over the property including sticking beer cans in the shrubs. Crew gawked and cat called every female neighbor that passed. |The Belgium block was poorly laid, with poorly sculpted joints. The blacktop surface is wavy and the stones supporting a portion of my home was left shifted. I had to constantly correct the crew for unprofessionalism with regards for my property. |The chimney was poorly done with no regards for how it was found. |

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, chimney repair

06/18/2015

Charles L.

Description of Work
Touch up work on brick outside of house. Repointing.

Category masonry

06/11/2015

Michael H.

04/23/2015

THOMAS B.

Description of Work
The D'Alessandro I used in November 2011 was Ralph D'Alessandro Contracting Inc. from 30 Knoll Lane, Glen Head, NY. The D'Alessandro you listed above is listed as Contractors, Inc. from Westbury, NY. I don't know if they are one and the same company. My job in 2011 was completely satisfactory. | |You do not define rating: A B C D F

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

10/09/2014

sonika K.

Mario, the owner, has been absolutely amazing with the customer service he provides. I didnt have a big job but needed a licensed company to get my driveway extended. He was patient with me and provided me all the documentation necessary (license, signatures on documents and insurance paperwork) in a timely manner. When i missed a signature in one spot, I was able to stop by his brother, Angelo's (owner as well) to get the signature within the hour. Although it took quite a while to get my permits, they honored the pricing and have just come today to do phase one, which is preparing the extension piece of the driveway and setting the beligum blocks. Mario confirmed they would be at the house at 7am. And they WERE! Such promptness surprised me! Angelo was on the job with the crew, who were all courteous and did the job quickly. Mario also came a few minutes later and both brothers were doing work, along with their workers. They cleaned up and were done with in about an hour. They will be back in a couple of weeks for blacktopping and I am absolutely sure they will do a great job. They did my neighbors house last year and her driveway looks great! Hire them and deal with Mario and Angelo. Great company. I will update once the job is complete with more details. Thanks, Soni and VK

Description of Work
Permit Work for: 1. drivey extension of 3.6 feet wide by about 20 feet. 2. Reset the Beligum Block

Category concrete repair, driveway pavers

07/31/2014

Manuela H.

They were great. They sent someone for a estimate and when we asked that they send him back for more details they did. The second time we signed a contract with an approximate start time and they started a week later because of weather. Anytime I called there was someone in the office and she made sure that Mario, one of the owners, returned my call promptly. The workers and the supersvisor, either Mario or Angelo his brother, were there to supervise the job. The first part of the job took two days with a large and efficient crew. We then had to wait three weeks for everything to settle.They finished the job on July 25, 2014 with 11 men including their father Tony. The job came out great. I recommended them to a neighbor and his driveway is already finished. I also recommended them to another neighbor. I liked that I gave them 4 payments and only paid the final one when the entire job was complete.

Description of Work
They pulled up our old driveways, one of cement and a circular one of blacktop. put down paver accents, replaced the driveways with all asphalt, put in two new aprons and replaced the sidewalk in front of the driveway,

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, driveway pavers, hardscaping

06/27/2014

Susan M.

Description of Work
They did brick and concrete work. Would definitely recommend .

08/24/2013

Leonora M.

I was very happy with the work: However when I noticed that the sidewalk had a erosion on the top slab it was a dark imperfection on the concrete and and top layer flaked off about a quarter of an inchsdeep. He came late to examine it and said it was an oil stain. That slab was in front of the house. It was the sidewalk, there was no way I or anyone else poured oil on this piece of slab.. He promised to repair it and he totally ignored it and did not live up to his contract to come back and repair within a year.

Description of Work
Mario and his company put in pavers in my front driveway and back driveway. He also put in six slabs of sidewalk.

06/24/2013

Mark G.

Sloppy, Sloppy, Sloppy, The cement or mortar work they did on the belgium block was extreemly sloppy, They did not use any new cement on the side which held up the blocks, when I questioned them about it they said it was all new cement, I know the difference between new and 20 year old cement. So in order to appease me they slapped on some new cement in about 3 minutes, Very Sloppy

Description of Work
remove old asphalt Driveway and install new driveway as well reset all of the belgium block in mortar

Category stamped concrete

In order to remove Belgium blocks the old cement must come up as well. There is no way to cut corners with a job like this, and cutting corners is not something that we as a company do! New cement was mixed and used for this particular job and this was the proper way to install the Belgium blocks to insure a job well done. We are sorry for any confusion or mix up.

06/09/2013

Christopher C.

Very personal service. The principals were here for both the rip out and the finish work. The crew was efficient and pleasant. The work was completed in a timely fashion and they made certain they did it correctly. I would use this company again and will recommend to my neighbors.

Description of Work
Had my driveway widened and blacktopped with a brick border

12/24/2012

Leonora M.

Outstanding, professional, and cleaned up beautifully!

Description of Work
Brick work 25x10 back driveway, brick front apron, brick borders on both driveways, 7 slabs and sidewalk. Slab (concrete).

10/17/2012

jeanne B.

Everything went smoothly from start to finished. Angelo, stayed to supervise until the job was completed. Workers, were polite, friendly, respectable and most of all the outcome of work was beautiful, perfection! Very happy with results and "highly recommend them. Will call on them again in the future.

Description of Work
Front stoop, blue stove and brick, walkway in Cambridge and repaired portion of driveway where it had lifted from a large tree.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you as well. We take pride in our work and we love to see happy customers like you!

Secured Chimney

High level masonry

All phases of masonry, pavers, concrete, brick, block, stone work and veneer, anything masonry. Thirty years plus of experience. No job to small or to big. Fourth generation master mason, owner and operator. We take pride in what we do and provide exceptional quality.

ERIC JANSSEN MASONRY CONTRACTOR LLC

Eric Janssen Masonry is a classic small business, owner operated and with one long term employee. Eric specializes in the small jobs and repairs that other companies don't. You will be working with Eric from start to finish. He is present on the job site during all phases of job, from initial estimate to clean up. Most of our company's work is obtained by recommendation or referral only.

Check, Financing Available
    All work is guaranteed

Driveways. Walkways. Patios. Parking Lots. Stoops. Sidewalks. Interlocking Pavers. Bluestone. Blacktop. Concrete. Drywells. Aprons. Retaining Walls.