Dashing Dan's Plumbing & Heating

Founded 1960 • With Angi since December 2011

57712-MP

258 Higbie Ln

West Islip, NY 11795

Dashing Dan's licensed professionals have the knowledge, experience and training necessary to handle any plumbing or heating problem, ranging from simple leaks to frozen pipes, and bathroom alterations to baseboard heating. Dashing Dan's also offers gas to oil conversions, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, and replacement sinks, tubs and toilets. We also offer 24 hour Emergency Service! There is no job too big or too small for Dashing Dan's and with our certified and trained staff you can trust us to get the job done right. So give us a call today! 631-587-5236...

4.2

plumbers (129)HVAC Companies (30)tile installation (8)drain cleaning (7)water heaters (7)drywall (3)well & water pump repair (1)

01/14/2021

RJ N.

I would never use this company ever again ! They quoted me a price of 2500 dollars about 6 months ago and I just had the same job done for 50 dollars today !!!!

Description of Work
A leak under my trailer

Category ceramic tile, plumbing

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

Review for Dashing Dan's Plumbing & Heating - 258 Higbie Ln, West Islip, NY - 39134589

11/27/2020

Jim B.

My worst customer experience. So I wake up to discover four inches of water in my basement. I could not identify the source. In a panic we randomly selected Dashing Dan’s Plumbing, Heating and Cooling from the internet. While walking the basement with the Dashing Dan’s plumber we observed water leaking out of the boiler. At that time, it was not clear which part of the boiler had failed. However, without even touching the unit, the plumber said you need a new boiler. He told me that the chamber was cracked and the unit could not be repaired. He makes a phone call, checks his iPad and tells me that a new boiler would cost $9,717.11. Although there is nothing wrong with my chimney liner, I was told that due to the building code, I will need a new steel chimney liner. Add another $1,300.75 bringing the total to a cool $11,017.86. I paid $200 for the estimate and the ******** information. After the shock wore off, I took a closer look at the boiler. After poking around a bit it became apparent to me that the pressure relief valve had failed. For $21.69 I picked up a replacement valve at local plumbing supply store. In less than an hour the problem was solved. You suck Dashing Dan!!

Description of Work
Boiler inspection and repair proposal.

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

08/17/2020

Bob F.

Parts replaced, however, not entire guts replaced. Only flapper and intake valve. Told price was $650! Parts ran me less than $15 from local hardware chain. After discussing price with boss fee went down to $360!

Description of Work
Replace guts of toilet and water intake valve

Category ceramic tile, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

07/14/2020

Terry B.

Found piece of paper on motor here 10 minutes. 190 trip charge too much

Description of Work
Fix blower motor

Category ceramic tile, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

06/24/2020

Harriet Z.

Dashing Dan's plumbers are experienced. They do the job. They come when they say they will. They clean up. We had a few bumpy spots along the way -- as noted -- they could not install my faucet in my old sink. They ordered a new sink for me. It came cracked from the supplier. Instead of cancelling the plan to install the new hot water heater I clearly needed, they came and did that job. And then when the new sink arrived, they came immediately to put that in. Everything is now in order. Matt, the man who answers the phone, is responsive, on top of the work being done and so much more reliable than most Hampton service providers. My plumber of 20years retired and I now have a new plumber.

Description of Work
I started out needing a new faucet installed. Dashing Dan tried but the holes in my old sink could not accommodate the new faucet. So I ended up having a new stink and a new hot water heater installed to correct the accumulated rust in my hot water.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

Glad we could help you out [Member Name Removed]! Look forward to serving you in the future!

06/23/2020

Stephen S.

The technician arrived on time, was knowledgeable and worked quickly. He cleaned the filter in my central air unit and recharged it. This resolved my issue. However, I thought that the price was outrageous! I was charged $460 for what was probably less than $50 worth of Freon and for hosing down the filter. I felt raped by the price. I will never use this contractor again for that reason.

Description of Work
My central air conditioning was blowing warm air.

Category ceramic tile, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], We appreciate your feedback and are glad you that you thought our technician was knowledgeable. In regards to your complaint that we "raped" you on the price, we offer a same day immediate service. You called our office around [Member Information Removed] o'clock on an 80 degree day stating that you had warm air blowing out of your vents and we were able to schedule you quickly and get a qualified technician with over 20 years experience at house by 4:30pm to solve your problem. "Raped?" We see it differently. We are not saying that we are the cheapest or most expensive company on the market but definitely one of the most reliable and punctual.

04/18/2020

Christopher P.

Horrific. He left my house a mess with debris and garbage all outside my house and refused to clean up. He also gauged his prices during this covid 19 crisis. He charged me double two other estimates I got from plumbers in area who happened to be too busy to get to me. He convinced me to take out a loan and charged me 14000 dollars for a botch job. There is a giant hole through first floor of my house with some dirt in it and plywood over it he left. Plumbers I had come by said he did bad job and ripped me off and charged me double what it should have cost. He did not do the job properly and refused to fill hole with concrete as should be done after plumbing underground is done. He took the money and dashed as the name in his company sounds. I am a first responder and was taken advantage of.

Description of Work
plumbing repair

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

Review for Dashing Dan's Plumbing & Heating - 258 Higbie Ln, West Islip, NY - 38507838

I'm sorry you have this poor impression of myself and my company's professionalism. There are incorrect statement's and missing facts written by Mr [Member Name Removed]. Of course Mr [Member Name Removed] Fails to Post a photo of the original agreement with me the day I met with him to diagnose the leak. This agreement states the cost of $285.00 per hour plus material for two men (This has been our rate for over 10 years and still is the same regardless of Covid-19 ). It say's that We will Chop up his kitchen floor and make the pipe Repair, we will not repair the cement floor, we will not tile the floor or supply Dumpsters. It also states How we will Assist the [Member Name Removed]'s with there Homeowners insurance company with whatever paperwork they may need to process there claim. Mr [Member Name Removed] signed the Contract, gave me a deposit to start work on Monday 3/16/2020. Before I left his house that Saturday I mention to Mr [Member Name Removed] about a 0% interest program that my company has to offer for 60 months. He filled out the paperwork and was approved for the loan. We arrived on Monday morning and started work and completed our work according to our signed agreement the following Monday 3/23/2020. SO FAR I SEE A RESPONSIVE AND PUNCTUAL COMPANY UNLIKE THE PLUMBERS HE CALLED PRIOR TO MINE! We located the leak in kitchen floor. Unfortunately it's partially located under kitchen cabinets. I recommended Two Highly Qualified professionals. Serv Pro Restoration to remove his cabinets and United Public Adjusters to assist Mr [Member Name Removed] with the continuation of his claim with his insurance company's adjuster. The [Member Name Removed]'s are currently living in housing provided by there insurance company with the great help of Dashing Dan's Plumbing And Heating and United Public Adjusters. The settlement may come together soon from there homeowners insurance policy of any where in excess of $40,000.00 for the [Member Name Removed]'s to put toward there repairs. As for all of you readers out there. Dashing Dan's Plumbing and heating ( 3rd Generation) is here to Help all of you not to Hurt you.

02/10/2020

Glenn K.

Dashing Dan's was great! After getting out of the contract with the original contractor and his plumber (had to go through Consumer Affairs for help with this), I was able to hire Dashing Dan's to complete the job (and correct a number of mistakes of the first plumber). I interviewed a number of plumbers, and went with Dashing Dan's after getting what I felt was a reasonable proposal from their company founder Anthony Pellati, with a followup visit /proposal assessment from their project manager, Carmine. Two notable features of their proposal was (1) that they offered a Synchrony Bank, 18-month, no-interest Payment Plan, and (2) that they were able to include in their proposal a reasonable price for a separate company to hook up our Waste and Water lines to the street. The 2 main plumbers who worked many days and hours on our house, were Riley and Chris. These 2 guys were great. They were extremely competent, as demonstrated by the fact that we passed the very thorough final Town of Hempstead plumbing inspection with flying colors. They were also extremely nice gentleman and a pleasure to be around. Carmine was also very helpful in emailing us varieties of brands and styles of bathroom plumbing fixtures, as well as being the point person to contact for any concerns. Once the final plumbing inspection was done, there were a few tweaks that needed to be corrected in the wall hung combo boiler they installed. Their boiler service guys, Brian and Tom, were also very competent and nice gentleman. The guy(s) who answer the phone when you call into the office were also very competent and easy to work with. Matt was the main office person, and I believe, Chris, was a second person in the office as well. I would definitely recommend using Dashing Dan's on any plumbing / boiler related project!

Description of Work
Completing a huge plumbing job that another plumber abandoned in the middle of the job, quitting the job half way due to the original contractor not paying him. Dashing Dan’s also installed our wall hung combo boiler. This was a Hurricane Sandy home elevation job.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

12/02/2019

SHIRLEY & DAN F.

My faucet was leaking. When he left here the water was no longer seeping. I have not had a problem with it since then.

Description of Work
Checking the piping in my kitchen sink.

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

11/03/2019

Paul S.

Dashing Dan was up front on the cost of visitation followed by the cost of searching for the leak. Based on this upfront costing, I accepted their offer to diagnosis the problem. I called at 11:30am and was promised a visit between 1pm and 3pm. Their plumber Chris showed up 30 mins early at 12:30pm. He was cautious as he removed moulding, ship lap, and trim to reveal a leaking hot water pipe. Chris spent time validating the presumed source of the leak and found a secondary pinhole leak that would of also caused problems further down the line. He repaired the leak in through manner by replacing the impacted length of pipe. Then he spent the tedious time it took to inspect the boiler and ensure that all baseboards were heating up in all zones. The service was professional. The quality of work and descriptiveness of his actions were ideal. And he came back with a broom to help clean up the debris from earlier in day. I was throughly impressed with his pride in his craft and his company. I’ll be using Dashing Dan in the future. And they also honored the Angie’s List discount that mistakenly forgot to mention till after the quote. (Some vendors won’t honor if you don’t call out the coupon upfront)

Description of Work
Earlier today, I woke up to a slow drip from the ceiling. The recommendation from family was to monitor the drip and see if it subsides. Within two hours, the drip turned into multiple drips and the water was warm (October in Northeast) indicating it was an internal pipe leaking.

Work Completed On 11/02/2019

10/11/2019

regina B.

Phil was great. Arrived on time-very personable. Completed the job and updated me with what the issues were. Turned out we had a bad relay switch on our boiler Quick, clean and professional. Thank you Phil!

Description of Work
No hot water. Fixed boiler

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

09/27/2019

Craig S.

I called Dashing Dan’s Plumbing after finding them on Angie’s List. Booking was very easy. When they say they are coming, they are coming. The plumber who showed up was a good guy, Anthony D. He analyzed what was needed, made recommendations, and gave me several choices for fixture options. Prices were fair. Took my debit card for the deposit to order the parts. Anthony D came 2 days later to do the work. His work was great. Very professional. The job came out perfect. Clean-up exceeded expectations. I am definitely using Dashing Dan’s again if/when I need more work done on my new home.

Description of Work
I needed to get new shower fixtures installed, bad fixtures removed, and some ceramic tile work. We moved into a new home and, hey the shower does’t work!!

08/08/2019

Anna & Alex R.

Very smoothly, they were professional and neat.

Description of Work
installation of ductless air conditioner

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

07/22/2019

Rob G.

Quick easy repair and cleanup. No additional fee just pre arranged diagnostic charges.

Description of Work
Non working central a/c unit

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

07/02/2019

Michael M.

Great, all repaired. The work was done by Phil, great guy. He’ll be our go to guy.

Description of Work
A/C Inoperative. Condenser problem.

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

02/01/2019

Richard C.

I called Dashing Dan I told him I have a slow leak of a kitchen faucet and I have purchased a new faucet and would like an estimated cost to install my faucet. I told him it was not a rush and when ever he was available would be fine. He gave me a price of $280.00. I told him I needed to call at least one other professional. This is not a major project. The next company I spoke to quoted an estimate of $180 and the third of $125. I had my faucet installed in a half hour for $125. Who does he think he is. What a rip off.

Description of Work
I needed a kitchen faucet replaced.

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

[Member Name Removed] we apologize that we were unable to fit your budget for this project. We run a full same day service plumbing heating and cooling operation. Unfortunately you did not get to experience our level of service because we didn't come to your home. So to state that we failed overall is not very accurate. Our level of service is not the cheapest, but our reliability and dependability is what we are known for. We are truly sorry we could not meet your needs for this project. We will always be here if you need us in the future!

10/21/2018

Mark L.

Interesting. Dashing Dan initially came on 5/26 (a Saturday) to fix a leak at the bottom of our tank. In that first visit, they stayed a few hours, the plumber declared it "fixed", and charged us $400 to "rebuild the tank". The tank started leaking again a few hours after they left. I called Dashing Dan immediately. They returned Sunday morning. The plumber appeared to blame us for the problem, saying they tested their "fix" twenty times. I said all we do is "our business" and flush. He refused to accept responsibility for the tank not working properly. He stayed a few more hours and "fixed" it. The tank started leaking a few weeks later. We stopped the leaking by jiggling the tank (which we should not have been able to do.) Of course, the leaking continued, in October. A new plumber, AJ, arrived. AJ was polite, professional, and knowledgable. He apologized for the problems and pinpointed the real problem--that the waste pipe (the hole) on the floor was installed an inch too close to the wall by the builder, creating a pressure on the tank that causes unstable seals at the bottom of the tank--pressure that is not duplicated in a factory where the tank is initially assembled. We also had, initially, degraded materials that formed the seal in the tank. AJ said that if he were on call in May he would have recognized all of the issues and informed us about them. He would have fixed the leak correctly five months ago and three visits would not have been required. In the end, AJ made what appears to have been the proper repairs, resetting the toilet, based on the positioning of the hole in our slab. He also informed us that the plumber who came to our home initially, in May, had been fired because he misrepresented his credentials. My recommendation to rehire Dashing Dan is qualified: If they send someone as polite and professional as AJ, we would definitely, call them back for any other plumbing needs. If they send someone like that first guy again, we would never call them again. I also think their pricing is a bit too high, even for plumbers.

Description of Work
Leaky toilet tank

08/28/2018

Corinne L.

Central air died this past Friday night, so I did a little research and called a few places first thing Saturday morning. Anthony at Dashing Dan's was the only real live human to pick up the phone. He took the time to troubleshoot with me over the phone and then offered to send someone ASAP on Monday after I declined more immediate service (being that it wasn't really an emergency). Called the office Monday morning to confirm and Chris picked up on the first ring and told me to expect someone between 10-12. Matt showed up at 11:00; he was professional, courteous and unfazed by the crazy dog and the Death Valley temperature in the attic. He promptly diagnosed the issue, located the part, and within an hour was back working on replacing the blower motor. Even with Matt having to run out a second time to get an additional tool, the job was done quickly and efficiently. Total onsite work time was around two hours and the CAC is working better than ever. Highly recommend these guys, not just for the work, but for the superior customer service. We will be return customers for sure. Thanks Dashing Dan's!

Description of Work
CAC ECM blower motor replacement

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

08/20/2018

hung T.

called Dashing dan, they came over same day, snaked the pipe and cleared the clog. no issues, no damage to the tile, would hire again

Description of Work
slow drainage

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/13/2018

08/09/2018

Thea M.

They found the problem… gave us 3 solutions and 2 estimates. Was able to fix it for the lower of the 2 estimates. Was very impressed by their responsiveness, punctuality, and professionalism.

Description of Work
Burst Pipe & Valve Under Kitchen Sink Connected To Dishwasher

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

07/10/2018

Frank S.

Everything went well. Brandon was awesome. Very polite, engaging, and knew what the problem was. He fixed the problem within 20 minutes of being there. I would definitely use them again and ask for Brandon.

Description of Work
No hot water from kitchen faucet.

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

07/09/2018

stuart A.

I can't say enough good things about our technician AJ who came to my house this morning to fix a leaking toilet. He was kind, very skilled and generous of his time to make sure the job was done right. Not to mention that I called at 7pm on a Sunday with a crisis and was surprised when someone answered ... He was here early the next morning ready to fix the issue. The parts needed were on hand and the problem is solved. Couldn't be happier!

Description of Work
Broken Toilet

Work Completed On 07/09/2018