We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Leak Stoppers Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since February 2006

840 Little E Neck Rd

West Babylon, NY 11704

Our main goal is to supply customers with services that our competitors don't want to do or don't know how to do. Mainly, we fix and guarantee other companies roofs. We are also similar to them in that we can give free estimates on new roof systems, but still unique in our installation techniques

07/16/2020

Dan B.

After literally years of chasing leaks in my flat roofs, John and his team got rid of all of them and they weren't even in my roof. He is the leak whisperer! His crew was great and on time, clean and professional. I couldn't recommend them enough!

Description of Work
Leaks in my two flat roofs

Category contractors, roofing, siding, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, skylights

07/03/2020

Jose M.

Even though he didn’t do my roof, I will highly recommend leak stopper for any roof related job.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for your review.

06/25/2020

Steve S.

John and his team are fantastic. They do great work, plus John is so smart and makes suggestions not just for the roof but how to improve the house overall - e.g. air flow, design ideas to pair the roof work with new siding, etc. He even suggests who to research or DIY options if it's not something his team does. He's like one of those hosts on HGTV. Total straight shooter too -- in some ways he spoiled us as one of the first projects on our home -- realizing now not all contractors are such good project managers. Thats also in very large part due to Lauren in their office. Amazing project management -- she and John kept us informed at all times how the new roof was going, any challenges, to confirm if we were happy or if there were any concerns, etc. Just save yourself some heartache and pick these guys. Trust me. :)

Description of Work
Had Leak Stoppers replace our roof and skylights

Category roofing, skylights

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was truly a pleasure working with both of you.

06/18/2020

Leonard K.

He did a great job for a great price.

Description of Work
They fixed all the leaks in my room

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you on your project. Thank you for the great review.

10/30/2019

Doris G.

Owner, John O'Connell, responded to my inquiry right away and was able to come by to assess the issues just as quickly. He was very knowledgeable and honest. He found the problem areas and offered a few options for repair. I appreciated him explaining it all to me and giving me options. The work itself was also started and completed in a timely manner. Any previous leaks I had are gone! Lauren (office manager/receptionist) was also wonderful. She was reachable; accommodating; courteous and trustworthy. Great experience overall. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
found and repaired 2 spots on roof that were causing leaks; sealing of 2 chimneys and 2 vent pipes

We are pleased to know that your experience with us was a good one, [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for entrusting us to fix your leak and thank you for your business.

10/24/2019

Steve M.

I can't recommend these guys more highly. I have a house that needs a new flat roof, simply put. But I'm leaving that to the new owners so they can put the material type they want on the roof. To stop persistent leaks I had all over that I'd fought with for over a decade, I decided to go with Leak Stoppers. They removed a couple of old dead hot water-to-water solar panels and torched down a huge patch to cover the dry rotted leaky roof under it. And laid down countless cans of Gaco on the seams and cracks all over the close to 4000 sq. ft of my roof. It's been close to a year now, and their work is still holding. After the work was first performed, the act of walking on the roof to seal problem areas created a leak in an area that hadn't been leaking before. They kept coming to the house and kept sealing areas around it until that new leak was stopped too. I offered to pay more after several visits; more than the guarantee says they'll come. But the owner declined, stating that was part of his guarantee. High marks for that!

Description of Work
Roof Leaks were Stopped!

Thank you for the great review, [Member Name Removed]! It has been a pleasure working with you and we appreciate your business.

09/11/2019

Bill P.

They did a good job! It hasn't leak since. They're professional and good workers and they work all day.

Description of Work
They repaired a spot around my chimney that was leaking. There were 2-3 men here most of the day.

07/27/2019

Carolyn S.

The company went above and beyond what they originally contracted for, even capping and sealing windows that were not part of the job, but they wanted to ensure that we would not get ice dams and water ever again. Very good company and reasonable price.

Description of Work
Roof replaced, gutters re-positioned, chimney fixed.

Category gutter repair, masonry, roofing, chimney repair

Thank you for the great review. It has been a pleasure doing business with you both. Your compliments mean a great deal to us. Thanks again!

06/26/2019

MARK G.

They were good, They did a good job on my roof. John is very knowledgeable and honest.

Description of Work
Roof Leakage repair service

06/17/2019

Carol D.

The owner, John, came to investigate an inside leak in my bedroom. Using his expertise, he determined that the leak was originating from the gutters outside. (I have a system called Gutter Helmet installed that was supposed to prevent debris from accumulating in the gutters. The company has repaired the system a number of times but it has never worked properly. It harbors debris as well as bird’s nests. John inspected all the gutters and explained that my gutters were in good shape but the system was not. His recommendation was that he would remove the Gutter Helmet system where the leak was occurring, install a weatherproof product under the roof tiles in that area and install his gutter protection. His crew arrived promptly on the day of the appointment. They did the job with no interruptions & cleaned up after themselves. John clearly knows his business as evidenced by his knowing the source of the leak almost immediately. I have used Leak Stoppers in the past and will continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
Leak in bedroom

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you so much for the great review.

05/26/2019

Joe F.

Professional, honest, straight up company. I had a roof put in about 5 years ago. From time to time, I would get a small stain on my bathroom ceiling. I had a couple of people come in to assess who all said I needed to replace an old skylight. John came in and did a full assessment of my roof. He pointed out some things that should have been done by the roofers (Minor) and he too figured the skylight was the culprit of the leak. He gave me prices to do everything, some of it, just the skylight, etc. (which I loved). Also pointed out that overall, the installers actually did a good job on the roof, which put me at ease and knew he wasn’t just looking for a payday. I waited a year (lazy) until finally I couldn’t take the staining that was expanding in my ceiling. I emailed John back from his quote a year earlier and he was happy to still do the job (some pricing increase which is expected). His guys came and did a thorough, clean job with everything (I chose the everything repair option). It being a roof, they took pictures of the before and after just so I can see. Been about a year and no more leaks! I even contacted John months later because of a noise the bathroom vent piping was making and he was happy to come by to check it out. I got called in to work and couldn’t wait til the end of his 2 hr window so I missed him. I didn’t hear back on my next email but I don’t blame him! It was my fault and I’d be ****** to have wasted my time too. All in all A++ service, responsiveness, professionalism, and honesty. Would def recommend.

Description of Work
Leaky Roof Repai

Category roofing, chimney repair, skylights

04/12/2019

Barry L.

Fast and professional work, would hire again for new roof and/or repairs to roof.

Description of Work
Repair leak and add roof vent for bathroom fan.

02/19/2019

Jon G.

John (owner) came the next day to check out the problem, gave me various quote options. He completely explained his recommendations. I selected my preferred option the next day (Friday). With concern for bad weather coming, his team stayed in communication with me all weekend, and his team showed up Monday morning. They spent the day Monday and did a really thorough job. More bad weather is expected later this week, so that will put it to the test, but I'm not expecting any problems. John and his team know what they are doing, and go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied.

Description of Work
Repair flat roof with leaks

01/28/2019

Carolyn D.

Excellent. John was immediately responsive, knew the problem and took care of everything quickly and at the right price

Description of Work
Skylights leaking

Category roofing, skylights

12/18/2018

Michael C.

Leakstoppers stopped the leak and did a great job.

Description of Work
Repair leak where roof and siding meet

Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate your business and happy you are satisfied with our work.

12/07/2018

Christopher K.

very well. the rep came in walked my roof and explained what would need to be fixed in the newar future. if problems arise i would call again for an estimate

Description of Work
inspection

Thank you so much for the great review.

11/22/2018

Undean M.

My husband took a chance and went on Angie's List to find someone to fix our leaky roof. We left a message and a lady called back promptly to set up an appointment. John came out and gave my husband three options. To patch it and it might work or might not, to repair the section that was damaged or to completely have the roof redone. Of course we tried the first option which was the least expensive but it did not work. We then contacted him again to try the second option. Two men came the next day and worked on the roof. The day after his men repaired the area that was damaged, there was a torrential rainfall. We checked at different times and there were no leaks. There were several more days where it rained and each time we checked, there were no leaks. We were able to then repair the damaged ceiling, caused by the leak, having the confidence that we should have no more problems with leaks. Thank you John and the lady that handled our phone calls, since my husband handled it I do not remember her name. I did not give a rating for the price as we did not price shop.

Description of Work
Repair Roof

11/10/2018

Paul A.

Constant roof leak finally repaired correctly. John came to the house and found him to be very knowledgeable, thorough and professional. Did not try to sell me a new roof which was quite refreshing. His guys came to the house, were punctual and made the repairs which took approximately about 4 hours.

Description of Work
Roof leak repair

10/29/2018

Joan H.

He is doing roof repairs and is redirecting the drainage. He is also re-caulking the chimney and cleaning the gutters and making repairs there. He is also re-caulking the windows. He is doing a very good job and is very thorough. He even took pictures and showed me what needed to be done before he started work. He is honorable and reliable. The work has not yet been completed but I have been very pleased with this company so far.

Description of Work
I had leaks in my garage and I called them out to fix it.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

10/18/2018

John C.

On time for appointment, thorough evaluation and competitive quote. Job took several days to finish but all on schedule. Crew was great and highly recommend Leak Stoppers.

Description of Work
Chimney, roof and siding repairs

Category roofing, siding, chimney repair

10/17/2018

Ben P.

John's crew are the best. They did a fantastic job re-doing my roof – mostly because they took the time to ensure that the deck was in good shape before they started putting on underlayment. John's whole ethos is focused on prep work, venting and flashing – all the things that will void the warranty on a 50-year roof. He and his guys do the job right so that your expensive roof will last. Since I didn't have enough money to do my garage, John advised me how to do a good job of it myself. I'd definitely hire Leak Stoppers again.

Description of Work
Residential Re-roof

10/15/2018

John N.

Just to start off, John explained everything in detail that was needed to be done. He said after inspecting the roof that I needed to replaced only half the roof as the other side was good. When I was ready to do the roof I called the office and spoke to laura. She was very helpful in setting things up and told me who was coming to do the work. Dennis the Forman show up with his crew and told me what he was going to do. Any questions I had he answered during the job. When they were finished with the roof, they cleaned up everywhere. Thank all of you great job. Since the work, my neighbors have been asking who did the work, I quest more work on the way

Description of Work
The ceilings in kitchen and dining room had water leaks coming in from the roof

10/05/2018

Sandra D.

Very generous with his time. He was very knowledgeable and very helpful. He spent a lot of time with me. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
roof leak diagnostics

Thank you for your review.

08/16/2018

Martin E.

John had previously installed the flat roof. We were having a leak. He came over promptly and immediately spotted the problem. He said that he would send someone over to fix it. The next day two of his crew came over to repair the problem. They quickly and professionally completed the repair. We have been using this company for about 15+ years. They have done multiple repairs at my house and also installed my father in laws roof. They have always been great. We would never use anyone else. Also, John covered the repair under warranty. It is rare in this day and age to find someone so honest and dependable. It is a pleasure doing business with them.

Description of Work
Leak on flat roof

Thank you for your review. It has been a pleasure doing business with you through the years. Your compliments mean a great deal to us. Thanks!

06/08/2018

Stephen M.

I saw this company got great reviews. So I decided to hire them to do a small roof repair on my home. I made an appointment with a lady on the phone. She asked me to send a picture of the problem with my roof. I did not want to bother getting the ladder out again and she advised me they charge a $80 something dollar fee to come out. I said that I didn't care about the fee and that they were hired due to their great reviews here on Angie's list. I told them quite explicitly ... come ANY AFTERNOON EXCEPT TOMORROW. I also said that if they can't come at that time to just call and I will make it my business to get home to meet them at a more convenient time for them. SO ...... They show up at 8:00 or 9:00 something in the morning ... without any call ... they go on the roof and can't find the issue. It is small but it is obvious to me. They told my wife they can't find it and she of course has no idea what to tell them. The whole point was for me to be there to point out the issue. So ... the guys tell my wife they will be back at 1:00 ... which is fine for me. HOWEVER ... my wife calls the office to confirm that they are coming back and the lady says they will not come back. She says that she did not have any notes in her computer saying that they were supposed to come in the afternoon. She says they are busy and can't send anyone back today and to tell me to call back and reschedule. WELL .... good thing I didn't leave work early and not have them show up. Listen ... I could understand if I were being difficult .... but I told them "ANY DAY IN THE AFTERNOON". Now I have to find another roof guy to fix my roof. I told them ... "I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE MONEY - JUST COME AND FIX MY ROOF - I DON'T NEED AN ESTIMATE - JUST COME ANY DAY IN THE AFTERNOON EXCEPT TOMORROW." Can you get an easier customer than that?? Well they don't have me as a customer. It was like begging them to take my money and they refused. I just don't get people. I get that people get busy and mistakes happen ..... how about you apologize and reschedule?

Description of Work
Roof repair

There was a miscommunication within our company. I take ownership with that as I just wrote in the computer "shingle and trim repair, customer wants us to just do it". My mistake for not writing to call first. My husband, the owner of the company, read that and sent his men there without calling first because of my error. He was squeezing you in before starting another job. With that said, I did speak to your wife. I apologized. I said we would not be coming back because the men were going to another job for the day and to have your husband contact me so we can straighten out the misunderstanding and reschedule. I really don't know how else you would have liked me to handle the mistake. I was very polite and apologetic. I was also under the presumption that you were returning my phone call. Instead we received a very angry F rating. There seems to be lots of miscommunication here but it is not just with our company. If you would like us to continue with the repair, please contact the office at 631-669-1570 and we will gladly reschedule.

ERIC JANSSEN MASONRY CONTRACTOR LLC

Eric Janssen Masonry is a classic small business, owner operated and with one long term employee. Eric specializes in the small jobs and repairs that other companies don't. You will be working with Eric from start to finish. He is present on the job site during all phases of job, from initial estimate to clean up. Most of our company's work is obtained by recommendation or referral only.

Starkie Brothers Landscaping Inc

Award Winning Landscape Plantings, Construction & Masonry Designs for Over 40 Years! Our special talent is in developing our clients' visions - adding a spark of creativity to develop functional, high quality exterior living spaces. Our horticulturists, designers and architects insure that your landscape project will be a living, growing investment. Starkie Brothers grows 30 acres of ornamental trees and shrubs on the North Fork of Long Island. As commercial growers, we offer our clients several important benefits- better prices, high quality, and hearty Long Island Grown plants. WE DESIGN IT! WE PLANT IT! WE BUILD IT! WE GUARANTEE IT! Landscape Plantings...Design & Installation...Stone Veneer...BBQ's, Outdoor Kitchens, Pizza Ovens, Fireplaces, & Fire Pits...Poolside & Accents, Pergolas, Pavilions, & Gazebo's...Masonry Entrances, Driveways, Walks, Patios, Pools & Spas. Residential & Commercial - Licensed & Insured

Offers by Starkie Brothers Landscaping Inc on Angi
    Randazzo Masonary

PLEASE GO TO MY WEBSITE TO SEE THE QUALITY JOBS I HAVE DONE. Randazzo Masonary Est since 1989 Specializing in custom, clean, quality cement, flat work, interlocking pavers, pools areas, driveways, and much more! Creating unique designs to fit your home. Reliable, dependable & beautiful. POOL AREA SPECIALISTS Expert installations with Nicolock or Unlock Pavers. Creating unique designs that will fit your home and your budget. Reliable, Dependable, and Beautiful!

Offers by Randazzo Masonary on Angi

HO426980000
    Nassau, NY
    Nassau county
    12/31/2016
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available

All leaks found and fixed, New Complete Lifetime roofing systems, Waterproofing, wall flashing, coping, Modified Bitumen rubber roofs, EPDM rubber roofs, aluminum & copper, aluminum coating, leaking skylights, leaking windows, leaking doors, chimney flashing, chimney pointing, chimney re-crowning, siding repair, trim repair, gutter cleaning, mortar

We do not repair plumbing leaks