Cernilli Remodeling Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since May 2011

Licensed and Insured, 30 years of experience, 6 crews, quality work, quality details and excellent follow-up. *Spring Specials: FREE Gutters and Installation with the purchase of new whole house siding OR FREE Gutters or Ridge Vent with the purchase and installation of a new roof OR $8000 Bathroom Special for an 8x5 Bathroom, vanity and tile to be provided by homeowner....

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

Windows

4.1

4.3

4.2

home remodeling (13)drywall (10)interior painting (9)home builder (8)woodworking (7)window replacement (7)hardwood floors (7)electrician (7)door installation (6)siding companies (6)flooring (5)decks & porches (4)

09/21/2022

Julia M.

Worst Experience EVER! We recently asked for work to stop at our home after 6 months. We were told this was a 12 week project and unfortunately the quality of work completed throughout this job is still concerning to us. There was never a competent person at our job in charge from day one. There was never someone acting as a general contractor and that is what we paid for. Instead we were told we were “nit picking.” We wouldn’t wish this experience to happen to anyone in the future. We were also left with unfinished work. This has been the worst experience from literally day 1 and we continued to try and work with whomever showed up at the job that day. This was a nightmare we saved for years and are left with poor results and work still to be completed. The first major mistake when there were pressure treated beams put in both major structures of our living room walls, sheet rock was placed over and not removed until we as the homeowners had someone else inform us this was dangerous and unacceptable. The amount of dust and debris left during this time was inexcusable as they did not have a dumpster and materials that needed to be removed were left in a pile in the living room. When the flooring was first laid there was a 2 inch lift at the front door and a 2 inch dip left at the island. This was also where a pipe was damaged during the installation. We were told this was an additional $3400. There is already a separation in the flooring. The pot filler is 10 inches too high and the electric for the hood was 18 inches too low. The 110 % extra stones we were told to purchase can't be returned. Everything in the house is crooked. The farm sink has molding around it due to an imperfect cut and this was the "solution". The additional cabinets for $2300 that were not in the original contract are already not closing and are poorly constructed. There is so much more. The incorrect paint, the mantel, the damage to the hood, literally every aspect of this job was a nightmare.

Description of Work
Expansion of Kitchen

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, hardwood floor, remodeling, fireplaces, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/21/2022

04/04/2022

Mary M.

Excellent! They completely gutted my old bathroom and installed a new one. Always on time, great communication, clean and efficient. My tile work is beautiful.

Description of Work
New bathroom

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, masonry, replacement windows, skylights, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, mudjacking

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your kind words! We enjoyed working on your home!!!

01/17/2022

Bob H.

Leak from basement, one of the pipe they didn't replace from the hole that coming in from sink.They fixed it. They havent fix the floor and the tub. The floor on the bath tub has a noise and my Bath tub got a damage. There are damage on the floor that they didn't fix and they told me that they didn't see it.. I also have so much trouble with paint, grout and tiles.

Description of Work
Bathroom works

Work Completed On 01/12/2022

Customer did find small nick in tub about a week after tub installation was completed. Cernilli Remodeling did go above and beyond and have the customer's tub completely re-glazed. In response to the creak in the floor next to the bath tub, customer did have pre- existing water damage on the bottom side of the subfloor in the basement. This issue was not determined until well after the job was completed and we investigated further. Once again Cernilli Remodeling went above and beyond and re-braced underneath the subfloor in attempt to fix work outside of our contract in order to make the customer happy.

08/28/2021

Jamie S.

I have to say from the day I met Bill to each of the people assigned to the job, everything went very smoothly. I got immediate responses to any questions or concerns I had and the choices made we’re definitely for my benefit. I am disabled so besides doing a remodel we needed to make a kitchen functional for me. They made practical suggestions that made my kitchen beautiful as well as manageable. I’d use them again for any project I had.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling

Category custom cabinets, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/28/2021

Review for Cernilli Remodeling Inc - 995 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY - 39456860

05/26/2021

michelle T.

They do amazing work! Very professional. Roof was done in one day, everything was cleaned up and great communication . Highly recommend. So happy with the way the roof looks !!

Description of Work
new roof

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

03/12/2021

Brittany J.

Cernilli Remodeling has exceeded all of my expectations. The work is top quality and the employees are knowledgeable and reliable. I highly recommend Cernilli Remodeling and look forward to working with them again on revitalizing the exterior of my new home next!

Description of Work
Home renovation

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, hardwood floor, remodeling, replacement windows, skylights, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

12/02/2020

Jon L.

My experience with Cernilli Remodeling was fantastic. They kept me updated throughout the entire project and they were very professional. 100% would rehire.

Description of Work
Indoor and Outdoor Flooring

Category home builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

12/02/2020

Robert C.

After meeting with sales rep Brendon I was very impressed with Cernilli Construction. The work they did was impeccable and kept me informed the whole way thru. Most notable was how clean they were after each day they left. Prices were very fair as i had gotten 3 estimates. Can’t say enough good things about them. We are very happy!!! Thanks Guys!!!!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel/siding

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

Steven V.

Poor communication. Had to have them come back for several touch ups. Not started on time, not finished on time. One guy even left cause he didn't wanna fix last guys mistakes. Were supposed to come back to finish touching up paint. Didn't bother having them, they didn't even have the decency to call me about it. Too much negative to put in here. You know it's bad when the painter has to do the spacklers job snd says it's not gonna be perfect.

Description of Work
Bedroom redone. Walls floor painting ceiling and walls.

Category drywall, electrician, home builders, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

We disagree with the way this review is presented. Whenever a customer may be unhappy with something, we bend over backwards to accommodate them and fix the issue. We can’t be expected to do thousands more in “extra” work as a penalty. We stand behind our work, customer satisfaction is paramount.

Kenny K.

Rob and his crew did a fantastic job for me. I am very pleased with the work and his level of attention. I will have him do additional work in the future. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
I had Rob do a number of things for me. Windows, decking, outdoor shower and some fencing. I also had them build a closet to house my new washer and dryer. Rob also did some soffit and gutter work for me.

Category contractors, decks, drywall, gutter repair, siding, home builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

MITCH D.

Cernilli was fantastic, Their work is top notch. I highly recommend Cernilli Remodeling for all your Home Improvement needs. They are fast efficient and skilled. Look no further Cernilli is the Best in The Business.

Description of Work
Structural Work

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

11/28/2020

Bonser J.

Perfect - the structure was good and only need some repairs on one post. (Deck is 4' off the ground). We were afraid of some other companies as they tried to tell us we had to scrap the whole deck and start from scratch. Cernilli performed so testing on the wood and load testing and found it to be fine-saving us a LOT of money. They then replaced all the decking and the railings and installed a new french door out the back - not an easy task!. Their crew was timely and neat and they finished pretty quick. They also made us feel comfortable with explanations and suggestions along the way. Happy to recommend.

Description of Work
We needed our rear deck re-built, was in very poor shape.

Category decks, home builders

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

11/14/2020

Judy Z.

The worst experience possible 10 weeks to do the work Rob sr, Cam by apoloigized for the work They then came to re do ( nine more days at a hotel for us ) and now they need to do again since the shower pan is leaking. Robert Cernilli and his son Rob Jr, have not responded to emails - text - voice mail I worked through Kevin initially. He ended up subbing out the work and needed my help hiring a plumber.

Description of Work
bathroom gut and remodel

Category home builders, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

Review for Cernilli Remodeling Inc - 995 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY - 39023977

10/26/2020

brian H.

Office and work crew were highly professional and easy to work with. Maintained consistent communication throughout the entire process. Final product came out great! I had an absolutely terrible experience with a contractor a few years back while rebuilding from a house fire. I really wish I could go back in time and hire Cernilli for that job! I’ll definitely be hiring in this company in the future. I’ve already recommended to them to numerous people!

Description of Work
framed and installed new outdoor kitchen and bar

Category outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

09/03/2020

Michael M.

All too often people only take time to write bad reviews. I wanted to take the time to say how happy my wife and I are with the master bedroom renovation the Cernilli Remodeling team did. From the very beginning it was a great experience. First with Kevin Valla walking us through the process, the proposal, the pricing, etc. Very straightforward and much more detailed and thoughtful than the rest of the bids we received. Kevin was also very fair minded when we asked to add/change different details and worked closely with us to achieve the ultimate outcome. I can't say enough about Joe Lalli and his team Pedro and Antonio. Incredibly professional, polite, and attentive to our needs. They worked tirelessly in some of the hottest weather of the summer and did a great job. Joe explained things as he went, responded to the many questions and requests I made, and worked closely with Kevin so we all stayed on the same page with outcomes and timelines. Any change requests, payments, etc., went smoothly as a result. The room turned out great! The team was a great pleasure to work with and if we have any other remodeling to do in the future we won't hesitate to reach out.

Description of Work
Master Bedroom Extension

Category drywall, picture framing, hardwood floor, masonry, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

01/08/2020

John G.

It was great. They were on time. They did the job perfectly. I couldn't say enough good things about them.

Description of Work
They put in a new kitchen porcelain floor for me.

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

01/07/2020

Cecilia F.

It was amazing. They were very punctual, they were easy going, nothing was a problem and they were honest.

Description of Work
They did bathroom remodeling.

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

01/02/2020

franki D.

Cernili remodeling was a pleasure to work with. Their team of skilled and professional workers not only did an exceptional job. but worked fast and added value to my home by having great ideas . Most importantly their price was very fair.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, picture framing, remodeling, replacement windows, interior painters, doors, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/02/2020

Review for Cernilli Remodeling Inc - 995 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY - 38310544

07/25/2019

Veronica K.

Work came out great! And I hired them for another project and then another project. And I have more projects down the line that I will definitely be using them for!

Description of Work
I hired Cernilli Remodeling to move a wall approx 2.5'

Category picture framing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

07/15/2019

Joe V.

I hired Cernilli Remodeling to remodel my kitchen and most recently to build a shed roof to cover my rear patio. Rob and his team did an outstanding job that I am very happy with. The crew was professional, experienced and timely. My property was always left clean at the end of the day. I would highly recommend using them.

Description of Work
Build a shed roof to cover rear patio

Category contractors, drywall, picture framing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

Review for Cernilli Remodeling Inc - 995 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY - 37985033

03/28/2019

Frank B.

They did a fantastic job and I couldn't be happier. They were very professional and started on time. They finished in the time frame promised and did very good work. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They did a complete renovation of the bathroom in my father's house.

Work Completed On 03/27/2019

03/15/2019

David G.

It went great. Very professional. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category remodeling